• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Advice-Need title

Reaper Six

Your friendly, neighborhood soldier of fortune
I've been writing recently, and my main project, though I'm very far into it, lacks a title. I just can't, for the life of me, think of a decent one. So, I turn to the community. Here is a description of the book:

He is one of the deadliest men on Earth, striking from the shadows at his enemies. Betrayal and a life of war, death, and solitude has burned away his humanity. The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency calls him "Reaper," and it's more fitting than his name.

After a disastrous operation, he finds himself being chased by people as deadly as he. The Director points him to a location that will send Reaper on a collision course.

Enter the Multiverse.

Traveling through a rift between universes, Reaper finds himself on an island. He meets Allyson, a beautiful fallen angel with a dark past. Ordered by the Director to kill her, Reaper refuses, instead siding with her, entering a world only seen in our world through fiction. Along the way, he rediscovers his soul, his humanity, and becomes a better person with Allyson's help. In return, he saves the angel from herself, and fights beside her. The two will stand against forces beyond their comprehension, against all odds, and fight battles with greater repercussions than any before.

How about Reaper: Angels be Falling an' Sh*t

Or just Reaper. I guess that could work.

(Sorry for the lame joke, I am in one of those weird moods right now.)

Seems like Reaper would be your best bet. Honestly, I'd have to know more to give it a title I personally liked.

Soul of a Reaper

Never Too Late to Fly

Death and the Angel

I'm not good at names; that's all I've got right now.

Reaper: Code Angel

A Killer's Angel

The Grim Adventures of Reaper and Allyson

That's what I got. Obviously ignore the last one.

I'll give a little toss but I'm bad with names xD .

Dark Reaper: Angel Redemption

Reaping Angel

Angel Reaper

Reaper of Souls: The Fallen Angel

The Winged Angel of Death.

Reaper: The Angels wailed sorrow.

The Winged Reaper.

The Fallen.

I don't know all I got right now xD

The key is to keep it simple but interesting and relevant.

1. It should make sense, given the story.
  2. It should relate to the main point of the story.
  3. It should sound believable and interesting.
  4. It should be as simple as can be, while still being meaningful.

Thank you guys, I really like some of these. I'll have to mull them over.

asduskfalls said:
Seems like Reaper would be your best bet. Honestly, I'd have to know more to give it a title I personally liked.
What would you need to know more about?

asduskfalls said:
Underlying themes of your story, frequently repeated events, words, or actions, etc.
The theme, it's basically Snow White, except she goes for the Huntsman. There is a ton of loss, Reaper losing his parents, his unit. At one point in the story he dies, sacrificing himself to save Allyson. She brings him back after making a deal with the Devil. Allyson has so much power in her, controlling it drives her nearly insane, but Reaper being around helps her control it, and pulls her back from insanity. I guess you could say a lot of it is fighting for those you love.

Repeated events is only about the near constant ambushes. Reaper and Allyson are always outnumbered, but they always fight their way out. In the later third of the book, when the romantic tension gets really thick, they almost always end up sleeping on a couch together.

I can give you a timeline if you need one, or talk about other events.

In that case see if you can pull a title from some of that. Edge might work, or Brink, or something comparable, as they both pull each other from the brink of something awful. Against the World, if you wanna hone in on the frequent outnumbered-ness and ambushes. Or you could focus on the Snow White parallels and pull a title from that. Maybe Reaper of Snow? Sounds corny to me, not one of my best. Those are suggestions, though - in the end only you can find the perfect title. But those things you mentioned are definitely good places to look for it.

Thank you, I'll mull them over, sleep on them, and try to figure a fitting one out. 
As time goes on, I'll post parts of the book. I'll likely start a new thread for this, and it will have the title I choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back