• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Advertising Question

call me rae

Closing this account
So what constitutes advertising on this site? I was under the impression it was when you specifically asked people to go off site to roleplay but recently it has come to my attention that may be incorrect. So rather than blunder about possibly making mistakes I thought I'd just ask right out.

Also I had a specific question in relation to adding links to offsite roleplays in interest checks.

You see I regularly link current roleplays from gaiaonline to my interest checks. This is not done with the intention of advertising the site in any way. It is simply a way to show future partners how many roleplays I'm in and as an easy way to give out samples of what I'm capable of in terms of roleplaying posts, story creation, etc.

So I wanted to make sure this wasn't considered advertising before I put up my next search thread.

( Any responses should please be PM'd to me as for some reason this thread is not allowing me to respond at all. Thank you. )

Last edited by a moderator:
From the rules page:

Admin Contact[/URL].

- Reporting Advertisements - Users are advised to report any thread or post that appears to be advertising a product or promoting a roleplay not hosted on RpNation. Reporting can help moderators remove Spambots quickly and efficiently.

- Allowed - Users are allowed to recruit for offsite roleplaying in a thread for Skype and all the various IMs and programs that exist as long as account information exchange is handled via Private Message. At that point any content/harassment is responsibility of the user. Public information will be edited out by a staff member for user privacy/safety.
Posting offsite RP links in an interest check would need some careful wording to avoid looking like an advertisement. Maybe you'd like to post links to RPs you've done in RpNation instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back