Advancing the Timeline

Diamond Viper

Hi! I'm a new guy to the forum, so I decided to ask a few questions on the game. I've never been a Storytaller for Exalted before and have little expereince in gaming. Unfotunately, most of my friends are too irresponsible to take up the STing.

First question is: Okay, the Empress is gone, the Dynasts wait for 7 years (let's say the campaign starts off on the day the Empress is gone, characters are at first mortals). What happens afterwards?

I am just trying to gather up ideas here. This schmuck has me kinda confused. What will be the political aftermath on the Realm with her Majsty's disappearance? Will the Mask Of Winters expand his shadowlands? Will the Fair Folk launch an attack on Creation? What about the Outcastes?

What will be the political aftermath on the Realm with her Majsty's disappearance? Will the Mask Of Winters expand his shadowlands? Will the Fair Folk launch an attack on Creation? What about the Outcastes?
None of these questions have definite answers. That's the point. It's intended for STs andplayers to determine.

-S

yeah. that's the great thing about the setting They've set up an incredibly rich, detailed background, and you can take it where-ever you wish from there. There could be a civil war break out between the rival houses trying to gain the Scarlet Throne and the characters would never even have to HEAR about the Mask of Winters, or the Fair Folk or the Outcastes. OR, it could be set in a southern prefect and the disappearance of the empress has caused the provincial government to collapse making theweakened city the Masks next target as he expands his sphere of influence in creation. Who knows? It can be as big or as small as you want, as epic or as intimate. If the characters are soon to exalt dragonbloods, who says they even have to leave the blessed isle. It's totally up to you. The storyteller and the players can create a political environment all their own for that particular chronicle. so go nuts. :)

The questions you pose could each have epic, world-rending answers that render the Creation of 7 years in the future a completely alien land to that presented in the various supplements . . . or  . . . it could just be 7 years of business as usual with all kinds of things going on that generally turned out to be inconsequential to the big picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back