adjust one's aim rule ?

Arackiel

One Time Luck
Is there any adjust one's aim rule ? If the player want to target a specific part of the defender body like the head or vital part(head, kidney)

Can it be done by Aim(3/-1) or is it like other wold of darkness rule ? difficulty is raise to 9 and there is a table for additionnal damage for the vital part aimed ?

thanks

It depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to disarm someone, or stunting their dismemberment, then yes. If you're just trying to do more damage, no- it's assumed a character engaged in combat is trying to hit vital areas already, and that's part of having a high combat skill.

It also says, however, that in dark, grim games that people who choose not to have helmets may have their heads targeted. I forget the precise mechanics.

Jukashi said:
If you're just trying to do more damage, no- it's assumed a character engaged in combat is trying to hit vital areas already, and that's part of having a high combat skill.
actually on page 158, under called shots, fierce blows. it says you can sacrifice accuracy to increase damage.

Gtroc, since 2nd. ed rules is hardly the norm yet, it being so new and all, you should probably have mentioned the question pertains to the new rules in the header of the topic...

Solfi said:
Gtroc, since 2nd. ed rules is hardly the norm yet, it being so new and all, you should probably have mentioned the question pertains to the new rules in the header of the topic...
the origional question pertained to 2nd ED, and the answer that was given was incorrect, I corrected it. I felt no need to add that I was pointing out a 2nd ED rule, as the question and answer were based out of 2nd ED. I asumed people could figure that out on thier own, maybe I was wrong.

Gtroc said:
I felt no need to add that I was pointing out a 2nd ED rule, as the question and answer were based out of 2nd ED. I asumed people could figure that out on thier own, maybe I was wrong.
Please quote the relevant portion of the original question which in ANY WAY AT ALL specifies that it refers to 2nd Edition rules. Please.

-S

Safim said:
Well to be fair "aim (3/-1)" kinda gives it away as it is a 2nd edition thing.
Only to the (currently) small minority that has the new book.

-S

Yup, I recognised it ... but only because I've been reading pretty much anything that was about 2nd.ed. I could get my hands on. And my first impulse *was* to check that reference out in my first ed. book...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back