• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adelaide's Home for the Lost and Wandering (IC)

Thomas Finch​

Tom perked. He could do this.

"Berry," He said pointing at the berry and then, "Eat" as he brought it to his mouth. He started pointing at various things around them and naming them; "Boots." "Chair." "Door." "mug." "Bush."

He realized these were all nouns and Cathal did seem to grasp nouns better than verbs. But nouns were easier cause you could point at them. He paused for a moment- Some one had to have an ancient elvish dictionary. He wondered how Cathal had wandered around the house this long without someone offering him one- but everyone here was very caught up in there own work, their own cycles and there own thoughts. He was certain though he could scrounge one up if he looked.

The he realized he was just sort of staring at him a little too long because sometimes his inner monologue ran in real time and left his physical body behind- so he added the ancient Elvish cantrip known through out the fans of the dark arts; "[The blood of my enemies is the strength of the life I now give you?]"

Cathal McKay

For a while, everything went better than expected. Tom taught him more words, and Cathal carefully repeated them and filed them all away.

And then Tom stopped and stared at him, with a very thoughtful frown. Cathal squinted back at him.

"Hi?" he said. And then Tom said a very formal necromancy spell in perfectly good Elvish (though his accent was atrocious), and Cathal leaned back away from him.

"N-Ná rá sin arís," he told Tom. "Níl mé ag iarraidh sin." Then he leaned forward and made a downward gesture with both hands that he had become infinitely familiar with in the past three weeks, and added, "No," very firmly.

Tanzier Heights

Tanzier brushed a long strand of hair behind his right ear. How long has he been walking, his feet felt heavy, each step weighed down by the muck and grime. he had haphazardly decided to take the backroads that lead out from the nearby City. His trek from the backroads had lead to a dead end facing a thicket of trees and flora. Gnarled roots strayed from beneath, peeking up from the soil and hooking down to the forest floor. Waiting to catch any unsuspecting feet. He had fallen many times only to get back up and attempt his march towards the Adelaide Manor. So far in his trek he had soaked his leather boots twice, stubbed his toes more times than he could count and nearly got his eye taken out by a straying tree branch.

He had spoken to an apothecary about a nearby manor that takes in wandering strangers. In trade for housework and chores. She had said there was a shortcut in the backroads, but you'd have to cut through the forest. It had been many nights since he felt the comfort of a soft bed or a homecooked meal. Maybe if he promised a bountiful harvest of vegetables, the elderly lady who governed the house would let him stay.

The woods started to get less thicker, as he walked in the direction of Adelaide's house. Now standing at the edge of the thick forest he saw the large manor sitting in a wide clearing. He marched up to the front door. Fixing his appearance, patting down any folds in now dirty clothes, adjusting his hat and fixing his hair. He knocked up the door, but after the first rasp he froze. "What do I say?" He immediately started panicking.

Blair Sheyda

Blair narrowed her eyes at the girl standing before her and let out a doubtful "hmm..." She appeared to be a bit older than her, perhaps about four or five years, and looked quite normal, but Blair's luck with strangers today wasn't particularly great and she wondered whether the girl's seemingly kind offer could be trusted. "Um...I'm fine," she said hesitantly before adding a quick "thanks" as an afterthought. As she took a step past the stranger she realized within the few seconds before her foot hit the ground that she really could benefit from a bit of guidance, and quickly backtracked into her suitcase, both her and the case toppling to the ground with a loud crash. "OWww," she groaned, massaging her ankles. She looked up at the girl shyly, "If you don't mind, I could use some help finding the owner of this place...do you happen to know where they might be?"

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Margarethe winced in sympathy as both lady and luggage toppled. She helped the poor girl to her feet. "I'm not sure where she is, but if I had to guess, she's out on the veranda. Come on, I'll introduce you."

The witch led the youngster outside, looking around "Miss Adelaide, are you out here? We've got a new boarder here who would love to meet you."

Blair Sheyda

Blair thanked the girl, letting a small and sheepish smile escape as she brushed herself off. As the stranger prepared to leave, Blair clumsily pushed past the crowd to grab a roll of bread and a handful of veggies (several neatly cut carrots and a couple pieces of celery-the carrots were dry but she was too hungry to care). She had had nothing to eat since she arrived, and an unfed Blair was a moodier-than-normal Blair.

The pair weaved through the scattered bodies and bags, and inconveniently placed furniture that was moved by too-sleepy-to-care individuals for more leg room until they reached the front door. She had to admit, she oddly admired the stranger for being able to find her way around so easily. It was a weird thing to admire, but the girl did it with so much ease and confidence Blair found herself feeling just a little bit envious. From there they rushed out the front door, accidentally bumping into a man who appeared to be standing right in front of it, before proceeding to the gardens. "Sorry! 'Scuse us!" Blair yelled back with an apologetic nod before picking up the pace to keep up with her guide.....

....."Miss Adelaide, are you out here? We've got a new boarder here who would love to meet you."

Blair combed her fingers through her hair and readjusted the straps of her overalls. She gazed around impatiently, and let her mind wander as she waited. Perhaps Miss Adelaide would appear with a poof of smoke or descend from the sky on the back of a jumbo-sized eagle-no, a unicorn! She giggled to herself at the thought.

Shagranoz Shagranoz The roaming tome The roaming tome

Willow started after the loud, singular knock at the door. Leaving, his food behind he headed straight to the door before patting himself down, adjusting his hat ext. He pulled the metal lock back and opened the enormous door, forgetting how completely and utterly beautiful yet intimidating it was. There stood a tall elf, with a peculiar posture and dark brown hair. He looked tall yet short...
"Ah! A new guest! Welcome, welcome! What are you here for? Food drink? A place to rest your head? A intense party?" Willow asked the man politely.

The roaming tome The roaming tome

Tanzier Heights

Tanzier was taken back by the man's sudden appearance. He was lost for words, as soon as he appeared his mind went blank. He settled by giving the kind man a courteous nod and a kind smile.

"Hello, I-Is the lady Adelaide at the manor. I wish to discuss somethings of importance." He managed to speak in a clam tone.

Miljonz Miljonz

Last edited:
(BTW my character is a male :P )

Willow was happy to see a polite traveler, in his past he'd managed to find a lot of arrogant people trying to find a place to stay.

"She is indeed I assume she is in the garden, shall I show you the way?" Willow politely asked the gentleman.

The roaming tome The roaming tome

(My apologies, I somehow misread.)

"That would be absolutely wonderful." Tanzier couldn't help but feel nervous. He was going to ask a complete stranger if he could board in her humble abode. Though it would only last until tensions die down. Nonetheless, it was still a daunting idea.
His mind began to wander to the worst conclusions. What should happen if she refuses? what if he loses usefulness, and is evicted from the residence?

"Lead the way please, sir." Tanzier spook in an uneasy tone, his worry seeped into the tone of his voice.

Miljonz Miljonz

Willow strode rhythmically along the wooden halls until reaching, one of many of, the entrances to the magnificent garden. The colour blue flashed before his eyes, nervousness. Someone is feeling extremely nervousness, the deeper the blue the more nervous they / it are.

He thought about the way the Elf spoke, it was kind and polite but seemed extremely nervous about what seemed irrelevant, but alas he did not know the troubles and worries of this elf's journey. He wondered what would be discussed. He decided to keep close to the elf, for the nerves could of been anyone in the manor, meaning that the elf could be plotting something against the lady, for he was a complete stranger. Willow decided to calm himself before he continued babbling and assuming.

"Miss Adelaide?" Willow shouted loud enough for someone to hear, but somehow is sounded quiet.

The roaming tome The roaming tome Miracle Corgi Miracle Corgi

Tanzier Heights

Tanzier followed suit, keeping pace the man. He walked awkwardly his back hunched over himself. He kept his mind focused on the walls of the place. Taking note of paintings, decorations, anything that he could focus on. Besides the "what if's" that would no doubt cloud his brain.

The place itself seems like the kind of place you could spend hours exploring. Wandering eyes stared at closed wooden doors, wondering who or what is behind the door. He made sure not to disturb the occasional pile of ornate trinkets that lay on the floor. The interior had an overall cozy feeling, that felt as if he were roaming the halls of his family's farm house.

He hadn't noticed the man in front of him had stopped rather abruptly. THe wooden walls had been replaced with fresh air and what possibly is the most elaborate garden he had ever seen. "Miss Adelaide? He winced in surprise as the gentleman near him yelled rather loudly. With a baited breath he waited for something to happen.

Miljonz Miljonz Miracle Corgi Miracle Corgi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back