• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adelaide's Home for the Lost and Wandering (IC)

239092158095201.gif

It's a crisp autumn night, with birds roosting in their nests among the trees, and the nocturnal wildlife of the forest coming to life. Despite the stillness of the cool evening, Grey Manor is bustling with life still
The kitchen is stirring, as the evening meal is put out and residents are invited to finally fix themselves a plate. It's a fresh pumpkin stew, using gourds freshly harvested from this week that were bought from the neighboring city. The smell of dinner filled the halls, reminding all of those working that it was time to take a break and socialize. If not, they could continue working on into the night a certainly find good leftovers in the kitchen. Adelaide always made sure there was extra, in case someone worked through meals, or if a traveler just got into the home after a long and hungry night of walking.
Dinner has always been one of the most important meals in the house, though, since travelers usually ended up coming to the house in the late afternoon, this is typically their first chance to share a meal with other boarders and share experiences. Additionally, breakfast and lunch are usually overlooked or scheduled on your own time within the home, but dinner is always served, and because of that, most residents do take time out of their day and work to rest and eat, or else Adelaide would be on your tail for overworking yourself.

Curiously, though, Adelaide wasn't present in the main dining hall for dinner as she usually is. Tonight she requested to have her evening meal delivered to her tea room outside, by the gardens.
She sat neatly in her rocker on the porch of her tea room, with two or three blankets covering her lap, quietly enjoying the evenings quiet and lost in thought. Every now and then a hoarse cough would escape her, and the silence would be broken.

Margarethe took the shrinking potion she'd been working on off the burner. It would need to cool before the magic activated, anyway. She took a sniff, the aroma of food reaching her nostrils. Mmm. Are those the famous garlic and thyme mashed potatoes I smell? She made her way to the table, mouth absolutely watering.

Regis Sunore
Regis somehow wound up helping out in the kitchen that afternoon. They needed help unloading potato sacks after coming in from town, and he was the first person the kitchen staff saw. Adelaide had giggled watching him go back and forth hurriedly as the kitchen staff commanded, unloading more and more fresh vegetables into the kitchen, until she continued with her walk through the home. At that point, they needed a hand in peeling said potatoes, and he couldn't say no.

Hours later, Regis was still in the kitchen, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead, finding the busy kitchen too hot for him. He smirked, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Taking his own advice, and seeing that things had finally calmed down, he stepped out of the bustling room and into another one, finding the dining hall bustling with hungry folk as usual. He scooped up a hearty bowl of pumpkin stew and sat next to a girl he hadn't ran into yet at the house. He looked over at the younger girl and smiled, seeing she got the potatoes that he hand a direct hand in making. "Tell me how they turn out, will you?" He said, grinning, before turning to his bowl and finally getting to eat after a wild day in the kitchen.

Bardin Grimsbeard
Dwarf Ranger

In the far distance was the sound of a booming yet cheerful singing, followed by heavy marching. The sounds emniating was coming from the far off forests. The sound itself echoed, but words were sung out so loud that one could easily make out the words.

"Oh say does your beard hang low,

does it dangle to and fro,
can you tie it in a knot,
can you tie in a bow,
can you sling it over your shoulder like a silly manling soldier,
oh say does your beard hang low!"

The singing grew louder and louder with the words becoming clearer and clearer as it did. Moments later, one could hear rustling coming out of the bushes near the garden, and out popped a dwarf, who had a clock and a backpack on, as well as the features of weapons on him.

It would seem the dwarf was the cause of all that ruckus, but there was a happy grin on his face as well as a crossbow leaning against his shoulder. That's when he noticed the elderly lady setting out on the porch. The dwarf raised an eyebrow, but his grin never faltered, as he made his way over.

"Evenin' umgri!"
The dwarf boomed, as he raised his free hand up in greeting. "Fine night we're havin'."

Last edited:
Adelaide Grey
Adelaide looked up from her half empty bowl and put it down on a side table. A warm smile was on her face as her eyes focused on the guest before her. She fixed her glasses and sighed, "Why, hello, stranger." She gingerly responded with a light laugh. She folded her hands over her blanket, "I'm afraid if I was in better health, I'd get up and properly greet you. I'd also fetch you a bowl of soup myself." She sighed, shaking her head at herself. "I believe I caught a small cold- Ah, where was I? I apologize, I didn't mean to talk about myself, especially in such adventurous company." She laughed again, and this time she raised her hands gingerly and snapped her fingers. At once, a rocking chair was pulled up beside her from across the wooden porch she was on. "If you aren't in a rush for dinner inside, you're free to join me and begin telling me all about your journeys, hmm?" She asked, arching her head to one side. She pulled her blanket up higher on her lap and then clapped, causing a small tea cart to roll itself out of her tea room, on it an ornate set of cups and saucers were placed around a large antique tea pot. She waved her hand again, causing the set to begin to serve her a cup of tea. "Would you like any?" She asked, looking back at her dwarven companion after watching her tea set fix her cup.

Bardin Grimsbeard
Dwarf Ranger

"Thank you, umgri, but I'd have ta decline ya offer." The dwarf chuckled a bit as he raised his free hand again. "We dwarves prefer somthing with a bit of a more kick to it. Though I'd be happy ta take a seat an' tell ya 'bout me day."

The dwarf leaned the crossbow in his hands, with the grip facing up, against the table. He then took off his clock and proceed it to roll it up, then he took off his pack and placed the rolled up clock in the strap of the pack. With a small hop, the dwarf jumped backwards into the rocking chair, gripping on as said chair began to rock. Bardin's legs barley went over the edge of his seat.

"Well then, ain't this a comfortable seat." The dwarf commented outloud, as he rocked back and forth before turning his head to the women. "Well then, umgri, I don't normally tell my story to a stranger, less I have a pint of ale. The name's Bardin Grimsbeard, but ya can call me Bardin Grinsbeard if ya want."

Last edited:
Adelaide Grey
Adelaide gave way to as hearty of a laugh a frail old woman could manage. She fanned herself, as well, making sure she got enough air to breathe as she chuckled. "Yes, yes, I understand." She sang, clapping her hands merrily. "Let's see if my tea cart can find something in the house, hmm? I do believe the kitchen staff went into two today for groceries. I'm certain they picked up something you might like!" She nodded, with the claps, her tea cart rolled away and off into the house on a worn dirt path through the gardens. It went up a ramp put into place, connecting the home's porch and the ground, and wheeled itself towards the windows closest to the kitchen.
Moments later a voice rang out from the kitchen window, something about Adelaide not being sick enough to turn down a drink, and within moments the cart was on it's way back to Adelaide.

As it reached her and the dwarf she sighed, feeling tired from using up so much of her energy to fetch a drink. On the cart was a variety of wines, Adelaide's favorite, as well as one or two pitchers of Ale from town. She smiled, looking at the dwarf beside her, "Will these suit your taste, Bardin Grinsbeard? I apologize, this must be all we have. You can help yourself to the wine, too. It's my personal favorite, but I don't really feel like drinking much more aside from my hot cup of lemongrass and vitality potion." She said, the cart easing itself closer to Bardin as she talked.

Bardin Grimsbeard
Dwarf Ranger

"By Grungi's beard, you didn't have to go through all that trouble for stranger like myself!" The dwarf exclaimed as he watched the women do her magic. "Don't push yaself too much or you'll be joining your ancestors in the great halls."

The dwarf said that with concern, before his eyes fell on the alcohol.
"But, since ya went through all that trouble, I'd suppose it be rude for me not to take any."

Reaching down to his belt, he grabbed the iron mug chained to his belt and brought it up. Grabbing the ale on the table, he took a sniff at the ale. Yup, poor quality manling ale, watered down compare to fine dwarven ale. But Bardin didn't say anything, a normal dwarf would have blurted that out, but Bardin had at least some manners. Plus, it was better then no alcohol. Bardin then proceeded to pour himself a mug full, placing the glass back on the table, he took a chug of the ale, before wiping his mouth and smacking his lips.

"Ah! That hit the ek!" THe dwarf said, as he leaned back against the rocking chair. "Say, umgri, you've yet to tell me ya name."

The dwarf then sat up, and took a look around the garden, to the building, then back at the women.
"Actually, you've yet ta tell me where this place is."

Adelaide Grey
"My name is Adelaide, dearie, and I'm currently watching over the home of my son and his lovely wife. Perhaps you've heard of them? Rudder and Valora Grey? Ah, well, they've passed on already, so perhaps you haven't. They just loved people, though, so they opened a boarding house, but it's really more like a hostel." Adelaide rambled, nodding her head as she talked. Once she paused, she lifted her cup to her mouth and took a long sip from her tea. "Ahhh, it really does hit the spot." She joked, smiling at the dwarf as she said so. "I hope you will stay tonight, you look like you could use some rest and company, I believe, and we have plenty of cushions here." She carried on, rocking back and forth in the silent night. "Oh, well, if you'd like more of an audience than I, the dining room is inside. Dinner was just called, I'm sure you'd rally a small crowd in there, traveler. If not, I'm more than happy to hear of your travels." Adelaide said, informing the dwarf. She just wanted to be a good host, and whatever he thought best was obviously a good idea.

Bardin Grimsbeard
Dwarf Ranger

"Well, it's been a while since I've slept in a proper bed..." Bardin was interrupted by his stomach growling. "....or had the time for a proper meal. I suppose I could grab a bite to eat. Though, I don't want ta leave you hear all alone."

The dwarf then took another swig from his mug, this time keeping the alcohol in his mouth for a bit longer.

Last edited:
Blair Sheyda
"WHY!?" Blair shouted dramatically. In the city, Blair's pristine white shoes were kept clean above the stone pathways, above the mud and bugs that lay below. In the city, she wasn't expected to hike for lord knows how long just to find some stupid home for misfits because a couple of coins could get you a ride from one city to the next and back. She continued on, her temper rising each time she was forced to pause and jerk her large and heavy suitcase over a curious tree root that had made its way above ground.

With each reluctant step came a wave of small voices exclaiming, "run!" as ants dispersed in a frenzy. Stupid witch abilities, Blair muttered to herself. Being able to pick up on non-human voices from time-to-time was less of a gift and more of a curse. The vast number of voices in the forest were quiet, but overwhelming. Though the city was just as loud, the voices she heard there were human voices. Here, she was surrounded by the busy muttering of the insects, and the gentle whispering of the flora. It was unsettling, and Blair shivered from both the chilly breeze and from unease.
Eventually the voices began to blur until they stopped altogether, leaving Blair with only the sound of the wind weaving it's way through leaves and branches, and the thuds of her heavy footsteps...and the thumping of her uselessly enormous suitcase.

Time passed, and as the sun said its farewells and the moon lit up the night, Blair finally found herself at the footsteps of Grey Manor. "HELLO?" she questioned loudly. Setting her suitcase down firmly at the top of the manor steps, she knocked gently on the scuffed door. The door was splintering in certain parts (perhaps due to rough guests), and its lower half was stained with mud, but the rest of it looked new; its hinges gleamed and showed little signs of wear, and the upper half of the door was neatly waxed. Blair knocked several more times, each knock louder than the last, but to no avail. In her impatience she tugged at the handle, and welcomed herself in. "Is...is there like a sign-in sheet or something...?" Blair questioned hesitantly, her thoughts interrupted by a loud growl from her stomach. It was then that she got a whiff of a savory aroma, coming from....where? She followed her nose, dragging her suitcase behind her until she found herself at what seemed to be the entrance of a loud and bustling dining hall. It was filled to the brim with a variety of folk, some conversing cheerily with drinks in their hands, and others sitting quietly alone. She crouched awkwardly at the entrance, gripping her suitcase in front of her as if it were a shield-a shield against the confusion that lay before her.

(took some creative liberty with the door ^^;;)

Thomas finch​

Tom had been in Grey Manor long enough to know that he could not get away even once with smoking indoors, but the cigarette remained in his mouth like a promise. He'd spent most of the day on the roof- sure he was cleaning out the old gutters but he'd spent a good deal of it watching the sky and playing his guitar. That was what roofs were for, in his opinion. Not that he hadn't made good progress on the gutters.

And now he was sunburnt and the shingles had smeared his palms and the seat of his trousers black. He didn't mind, cause it held some proof that he'd done something today.

He swung in through a high tower window and into the small library there and then down and around the stairs until he started running into other tenants heading to diner. The sounds coming form the lower levels of the house were familiar- that hustle and bustle of everyone preparing for the only solid thing, the only thing you could really put your money on; Diner. How like some hive mind most of the inhabitants migrated to the dinning hall in a calculated trickle.

He used to avoid the diner hall and the crowd. But he'd learned that everyone was just so caught up in their own work- their own cycles- to poke their noses to far into his. People waved. He waved back. But no one stopped him from grabbing five croissants and a pad of sweet cream in a big cloth napkin, a mug full of wine (yes a mug) and nothing else.

It was easy to feel untethered here- but perfectly at home. Faces he knew. Knew what they were working on. Had had tea with- but no real pressure join there fast lane. As long as he chipped in his fair share around the house no one told him to go or what to do. The most pleasant sort of purgatory he'd found yet. He lived his life on a different speed than most of the manor- everyone was busy- not the way the people in town were but in there own personal passionate way. Everyone had there own to do list; Tom had to really try to put something on his- he hopped the gutters would keep him busy for a while. Everyone here had goals. Dreams. Something.

Tom's goal was eating five croissants in as many minutes. He took the cigarette out of his mouth and with a little flourish disappeared it so he could start on his dreams.

He was edging his way out of the dinning hall when he had to do an abrupt stop- which was difficult considering his height and the number of very long limbs he had to coordinate. Tom was not very good at telling how old children were and standing in his stained work shirt with all his tattoos weaving and flickering about on his skin and looking a long way down at her over a sharp nose in the middle of a confused face- decided she was at least five.

“You, um,” Tom said eloquently around a croissant, “Lost your ma?”

He looked around, because even when children didn't have their parents usually some one had a sharp eye on them. Adelaide didn't really stand for unattended children- most here didn't cause they were good folk like that.

Blair Sheyda

Deep breaths.
Blair peered over her suitcase, soaking in the noise, the enticing smells, and the people. As she scanned the busy hall she noticed a tall and lanky individual with the sharpest and most protruding of cheekbones (so sharp she unconsciously raised a hand to massage her own), covered in tattoos, and...dirty...beelining straight towards her.

When Blair was younger she used to categorize passerby's, acquaintances, everybody, into two groups; people you can trust, and people you would be better off avoiding. Whoever this quickly approaching person was, he was definitely in the latter. Look away and don't make eye contact, she said to herself. What you don’t see can’t hurt you.

“OOof,” Blair grunted, the weight of her suitcase falling back on her unexpectedly. She looked up to see the aforementioned man towering above her. With a gasp, she quickly looked down to avert his gaze and shrunk against the wooden frame of the entryway.

“You, um...Lost your ma?” she heard the stranger question. Blair wasn't tall, and she was often told that she looked a bit young for her age, but she was most certainly not a baby, and she wasn’t about to let some random stranger suggest so. Throwing herself up, Blair jerked her chin up high and stretched every possible limb in her body in an attempt to match the stranger’s height. “I’m fourteen I don't need my ma and I'm here as AN INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUAL” Blair rambled, her voice growing louder with excitement, “Now if you could be so kind as to move aside, I’ll be on my merry way!” It was only then that she realized she had no idea where she was, what to do, and where to go. Blair recollected her mother's stern yet gentle voice, warning that if she refused to control her emotions she would find herself in trouble one day. Oh no no nooo. Catching a glance at the croissants the stranger had piled messily on his plate, she hurriedly half proclaimed and half stuttered, “I-I’m here to eat...b-bread!”

TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

Last edited:
Thomas Finch​

Tom reeled back as he was scolded and made a small lipped face that spoke of contained laughter. He stepped Pointedly out of her way as she commanded- then she went markedly no where. Being fourteen was a fate worst than death and he really didn't want to make it worse.

“I-I’m here to eat...b-bread!” she added at last. He also eyed his napkin full of pastries. He was not sharing. But- some dreams really could come true he decided.

"Same, girl, same," He said with a sincere gesture, "Gotta dream big." He made a motion with his hand and apperified a croissant right on the top of her head.

That wasn't were he meant for it to appear. but it was cute- he thought it was funny at least. She was fourteen and didn't need her Ma so he was pretty sure she would not agree. Some one at the pastry table let out an alarmed squawk ("It was just on my plate- who took it?!") he held out his free hand at her and the newly conjured croissant as if willing them both to stay in place as he scooted around them slowly like he was ready to flee like a rabbit the second the moment passed. Either she or the original pastry owner were going to yell at him- He knew why these things always happened to him but he still had to ask him self; how did these things always happen to him?

Last edited:
Blair Sheyda

A trail of crumbs trickled down Blair’s face, their source a croissant placed haphazardly atop her head. Said croissant was now shredded angrily to pieces and spread gruesomely on the floor. “Very funny,” she remarked sarcastically. She was far from amused. Ok fine, she admitted to herself. She was a teeny tiny bit interested as this was her first time witnessing apparition magic in the flesh, but for the most part, she was this close to letting all hell loose.

It was then that she noticed the stranger’s outstretched hand. It was from this point onwards that the misunderstandings began. Was this an apology? Very well, she thought to herself. Someone had to be the grown-up in this situation. She shook his hand mercifully, noting out loud that there are times when one must ‘let bygones be bygones’ (a phrase she picked up from an adult conversation she had once listened in on). This was her good deed for the day, and she was quite proud of herself. Victory peeked through the corners of her mouth as she stumbled off obliviously-stumbled because maneuvering a suitcase through the packed crowd that filled the dining hall was no easy task. For Blair, this was her win. Blair one, insignificant passerby zero.

TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

Thomas Finch​

Tom let her take his hand, and gave her hand a hard shake back. Then he watched her go. At least she wasn't shrieking- she almost had, he was sure. it was painted on her face. She had allowed to him to live and he was thankful.

"There she go," He said to himself. She was going to grow up to be scary he decided as he put another croissant in his mouth and tried to relax. He'd been ready to hoof it away from a scene. He didn't make a scene often but when he did he usually got kicked out or arrested and honestly it was only a mater of time, now that he let him self think about it, that the same would happen at the Manor.

He headed out to the front porch where he could multitasking smoking and eating buttered croissants. He wasn't the only one taking diner on the porch and the sun was setting and he decided it was nice.

He would switch gears soon and pull out his note book and a candle and hole up on his cot in one of the upstairs closets he'd claimed. It was small but he'd never have to share it. his deadline was- eventually. the end of this month? he wasn't too worried. it's not like anything he wrote had to be good- the publisher seemed to be interested in any drivel he sent in as long it was by Selene T. Moth.

This was the strangest double life he'd ever attempted- neither one of them normal.

He sipped his little mug of wine like the uncultured thing that he was and listened to the larks trying to roost in big moving fractals over the forest just beyond the stables.

Margarethe caught a glimpse of another woman- a girl, really- racing away from the table, suitcase in tow. She took the last bite of her cranberry sauce, swallowed, and headed after her. "Oh, a new visitor. Lovely, simply lovely. Mind if I carry your bags, dear?"

(Edit: this is for ch1ps ch1ps

Cathal McKay

Cathal had spent most of the day in the forest around the big house, because sometimes you just had to be up in a tree. It was nice, and the forest sounded just like forests ought to, which was a welcome change from everyone insisting on speaking some other, awful language he didn't really understand in the house. Not that he didn't like the house. Everyone was nice enough, and he was picking up the language. It was just.

He wasn't really sure how he'd gotten here, but he was pretty sure he wasn't going to get home again.

He was trying to make the best of it.

Night was falling when he heard the singing in the woods, in a tune and tone he recognized, and he bolted to the safety of the house, rather than risk running into a dwarf alone. He got up onto the roof, and waited for the singing to pass.

Somebody moved out on the porch, and Cathal smelled pumpkin and bread, so he carefully climbed down onto the porch railing and perched on it, like an oversized cat. He wasn't wearing shoes, since he'd thought that would make climbing harder, but he was wearing pants. They had so many useful pockets.

The tall handyman--Tom, Cathal thought his name was--was there, eating several rolls. He was lanky and there was something elegant and dilapidated and manic about him, and Cathal liked him immensely.

"Cad é mar atá tú?" Cathal asked, and then remembered that Tom was only a poor human, and couldn't speak Elvish, and added, "Hi." He swung one leg over the railing and leaned his head back against the support beam behind him, frowning at Tom. He wanted to ask if Tom thought they ought to be worried about the dwarf, but the language barrier was awful. So instead he asked, "Bread?" because he did know that word. And it smelled good.

TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

Tom Finch​

Tom watched The Elf descend toes first- then the rest of him like a terrible feral thing. There were other elves and people of elvish descent in the house but most people knew which one you meant if you said The Elf. You used to be able to clarify with "The one that wont wear pants." But that had changed a week or so ago.

Tom knew about as much ancient elvish as any one who'd dropped out of wizarding school which meant he could say things like; fire, water, wind, The blood of my enemies is the strength of the life I now give you- you know very normal things that were useful for conversation. so every run in with Cathal was sort of hit or miss.

Cathal spoke.

"For fucks sake man..." He said with a long sigh. Why did everyone want his bread? He'd been trying not to touch the bread with his grubby hands but he did when he tried to hand him one- so that one was ruined- so he put it in his mouth. "Shit, have like three," He said apearifying a few more out of pure spite. "Happy samhain. Are you happy?"

Last edited:
Cathal McKay

Cathal squawked in surprise as several rolls appeared out of nowhere to fall all over him. "Ní hé seo a theastaigh uaim!" he protested. He slid off of the railing, carefully cradling the rolls to his chest. "D'fhéadfá a rá nach raibh. Ar mhaithe le Dia. Níl a fhios agam ach trí fhocal amháin? Tógann an diabhal tú." He frowned deeply at Tom and went over to him. Tom was taller, but Cathal was still tall enough to stuff one of his own rolls into Tom's mouth. "D'fhéadfá a bheith níos coibhneasta. Táim ag iarraidh a bheith cairdiúil. Níl sé mo locht. Níl a fhios agam ach ainmní."

He felt a little better, because he was pretty sure that was the most words he'd said since he'd gotten here, but also frustrated, because he knew Tom couldn't understand, so he parroted, "Fuck! Happy!" back at him. He wasn't sure what either of them meant, but they felt right.

Thomas finch
He did not see the roll incoming like an unwanted airplane and it took him a confused moment to take it out.

"Fuck dude," Tom said.

He deserved it. He disappeared all the breads- because apparently they brought him nothing but strife and regret and held up his hands apologetically in a placating motion.

Willow sat in his room gazing out of the window, for once taking his eyes of the numerous books in his room. By numerous he meant his room was literally a library. The Library in the house was bigger but he'd managed to already read all of the books there, well at least he thought so. He remember Adelaide had come into the library and found him passed out on a pile of books and had to get help to drag him up to his room.

Willow didn't consume much food on a regular basis, but managed to keep himself awake and 'active', to some extent. He decided maybe to go down for some leftovers after everyone had left, but currently he didn't feel like making any human interactions today. He heard the main door open and close and the sound of people enjoying themselves, feasting and laughing.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise outside and he heard Bardin singing aloud again from the forest. Although he hated loud noises he felt the warm song of the dwarf was relaxing to an extent. He put his head down and finished the last book on his "One Hour" pile of books. He picked them up and fitted them into the bookshelf in alphabetical order, he liked to have everything neat and tidy, an incredible and awful trait to have.

He sat back down on his desk, next to the window overlooking the huge, magnificent garden that he'd grown to love. He made out the figure of Adelaide, or what he thought was her. He saw Bardin approach her, his song coming to an end. He continued to stare out of the window and up into the bright starry night. He wiped his monocle with a cloth before placing it in his top pocket, for use later on. His vision suddenly blurred and all he could see was brown (the feeling matching shock and confusion), suddenly everything came back into focus and he wondered who was feeling confused today.

All of a sudden, there was loud footsteps descending down the rooftops at a quick speed. Willow shot up into the air and stood there uneasy and frightened, before sticking his head out of window only to see The Elf running down the roof. "What the hell is he up to this time?" He though to himself. He watched as he jumped down and started to talk to what looked like Thomas.

He rolled his head back and heard it click a few times, he really was getting old. He stood up straight and opened the beautifully carved door. He proceeded downstairs before noticing a new girl and Margarthe. "
Ah! A new girl what a lovely surprise!" He nodded to Margarthe and continued downstairs for something to eat. Instinctually, he went for the croissants and jam. He noticed a few people and nodded at them.

Cathal McKay

When all the bread disappeared, Cathal flung his hands up in the air. "Sin an rud eile a bhí uaim! Arís!" He sifted through his pockets and began pressing nuts and berries into Tom's hands. "Ar fhéach tú féin? Tá tú faoi dhramhaíl ar shiúl chun báis. Bí ag ithe rud éigin." He hesitated, knowing he wasn't going to be understood, and then said, "Ithe?" and made the eating motion. "Ithe." He pressed more berries into Tom's hands.

Thomas Finch

Tom let the berries sit in the palm of his hands and looked on at the unwanted monologue, eyebrows crunched together and swallowing down the impulse to flee immediately. Cathal was probably not stupid and it would be stupid and honestly more of a jerk move than he could stomach to ignore him- he'd been to far of foreign places and been tongue tied and drunk. It had sucked.
"Ithe?" He said and ate one. He vaguely hopped they were edible and then remembered he didn't care much. "Eat a berry?" He said and offered one back.

Cathal McKay.

"Ithe!" Cathal agreed, pleased that at least something was working. "Eat? A berry? Eat a berry." Hopefully Tom would clarify which words meant what, but at least he had succeeded in feeding them. He held one of the berries up and asked, "Eat?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back