Actorium; Advice/Approximation/Q&A

Deadkool

A Sad Remnant of a Forgotten Time
I think actors don't play different roles, they play the same roles as different people. Almost all distinguished actors have a niche. Leonardo Dicaprio is the conman, Jim Carrey is a madman, Johnny Depp is the inventive genius, Tom Hanks is the Everyman. If you have any other approximations let me know, now, onto part two.

I'm an aspiring actor/singer and I was wondering if anyone had any questions or tips. I'm not nearly famous enough (yet) to do a proper Q&A, but I hope I can answer some questions.

I have a very, deep perspective, so much of what I say might go over your head form time to time.

When your acting, you need to remember first most what the director is asking for. You cannot act in a movie if You the Director do not have a mutual understanding of what he expects.*

I am referring to character traits and personalities.

You might expect a character to respond differently to a situation emotionally than the Director does, and HE has full control, because He decides or already decided how the character develops - For obvious story telling purposes. Your emotions fulfil his plot vision so that all allusions, illusions and metaphors meet the literary credentials.

So know your director, know the objective, and third most know the character.

Playing a convincing role, does not need to play into your real life, but sometimes it is good for you to carry it on the set and not put it down so that you are ready on cue. Remember that while your on set, you are the character, and be prepare to express HIS or HER ego, modesty, and humor AS it is prescribed by current affairs.

Everyone has their moment to shine, and be humble, and tickled, so get a feel for your role. You must always remember the PLOT orientated emotion.

It is better that you have a professional relationship with your Boss first. DO not strive for his affection, strive for respect.

Let that be a professional friendship. But do not try to stick your nose too deep. You're not his band-aid with all on set affairs.

That is the only advice that springs to the top of my head.

I think what might be the best acting advice I can give you, as a re-cap.

Learn to Direct. and observe the problems that present themselves for the characters.

EMPATHY.

you need empathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back