• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ace: Mech Wars

Penelope Burns

Forest, of run fame.
13 August, 2404

The year is 2404. Thanks to major advances in technology over the years, mankind has traveled and colonized the stars. The Milky Way Galaxy is slowly but surely being mapped, terraformed, and colonized. The 'habitable zone' for planets has significantly expanded, and humans now live on dozens of planets in almost as many systems. Light speed has been reached, and through wormhole use it is even subverted, making faster than light travel possible in certain parts of human controlled space.

Unfortunately human history is filled with war after war, and the space age of mankind was no exception. In 2395 the Human Systems Alliance splintered into three factions: The Reclaimers, who wanted to return to the Solar System, which was lost more than 200 years earlier, The Forwards, who wanted to do nothing but spread humanity as far across the universe as possible, and the Separatists, a smaller group who left the Alliance due to concerns regarding corruption.

War was inevitable due to the former two groups' unwillingness to let the Alliance fall apart, and by 2398 the Separatists were completely reabsorbed by the two much larger powers. In December of 2398, the Reclaimers declared war on the Forwards, and your planet was brought into the war.

Fast forward six years and you are an Ace, one of many combat veterans with dozens of kills and years of experience under your belt. The war has been looking bad for the Reclaimers, and both sides are acting as though they have a weapon that can end the war once and for all.

-----

Well after a year here I finally decided to test my luck and make an RP, this one futuristic and mech based. If you're interested, have any questions, etc, feel free to ask.

Interesting. Question Time!! What sort of mechs would we be having? What is the general age of an Ace. And what kind of writing level are you looking for?

Those are all questions I really should have answered, sorry about that.

1: What sort of mechs?

A: Nothing too notable, but there are three types: The speed based Tere (generally used by melee units), defense based Depensa (Generally used by long ranged units), and neutral Fox (They aren't fast or well armored, but are faster than the Depensa and can take more hits than the Tere. ).

Whatever mech you pick, you've been working with it for years now and may have added custom mods to improve your mech in some way.

2. The war began six years ago, and the average age for volunteers was between 21-26. Your character needs to have at least a year of experience fighting, and training for mechs takes at least a year alone. Since the minimal age for volunteering is 18, your character will be at least 20. The more kills, the older they likely are.

3. Casual-Detailed. It isn't shown here much (I intend to put a lot more effort in the overall main thread), but I prefer at least 1 paragraph per post in dialogue, and 2 during action.

@JW Suzusihi

Interesting. Is this realistic mecha or super mecha? Also do we have to be reclaimers or can we be other factions?

@Meowfyre

Realistic, and no, the faction decided is based on what the most interest is shown. If there are enough people for each faction then I'll make a separate thread for each.

And your character serves the planet they reside on, no matter their personal feelings. So basically you could be pro-Reclaimer, but since you live on a pro-Forward planet, you serve the pro-Forward military.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back