• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Rebirth Of Razgriz

Aryl decided that in the time he had left he'd walk around the base, something he frankly did often in his spare time. After a while he looked down at his phone as he pulled it out, his eyes widening at the time. "Shit!" He said aloud, seeing there was five minutes until the briefing. He quickly ran toward the main building, charging in and toward the briefing room, skidding to a halt and nearly falling over a chair. "Fuck me..." He muttered between gasps, taking a seat with a heavy thud.

Justin took a long sip of his coffee as AJ responded. “Heard you had a late night on the tarmac last night. How’s she looking?”

"She's ready to stretch her wings again and I know I'm ready for the same." He replied with another smile. "The right aileron was a little sticky after our last patrol and I wanted to make sure that it was in working order before today."

He continued scarfing down his breakfast as he listened in on the conversation about the new patrol route. "You don't think that we'll need to do a carrier landing because of this do ya'll?" He asked excitedly as he stood up and began walking to the scullery to drop his tray off. "And does anyone know if there is a reason for the patrol shift?"

Time:
0730 Hours

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Charlie arrived promptly at 0730, giving everyone a nod though he carried an exasperated expression.

"Morning everyone. I trust you slept well last night," he said as he took a seat.

He had a handful of folders and paperwork in his hands which he laid down on the table and began sorting out in front of him as he looked up and glanced around the room.

"Well don't everyone jump at the chance to ask what these are at once." He grumbled with a half chuckle.

He opened one of the files and it had a few forms situated beneath a map with their route drawn in red pen.

"So the rumors, for those who heard, are true. We're flying out to sea for our reconnaissance today. Word from the top is that there was a brief yet unconfirmed sighting of unidentified aircraft on our borders. The report came in three days ago from the OFS Heron, and so the top brass asked who'd be willing to make a change to their routine and investigate. As you may have already guessed, I volunteered our services."

Kasumi arched an eyebrow.

"So is this not a reconnaissance flight anymore?" She asked.

Charlie regarded her.

"Technically it is a reconnaissance flight. It just has some extra baggage. If we see any foreign aircraft we are to engage communications and either force a landing on the nearest carrier, which would be the Heron, or force a return across the border. Whichever comes first. If we don't see anything, it's just a regular patrol flight as we're used to." He said.

Whisker Whisker Commissar Darman Commissar Darman LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Hammer Troll Hammer Troll

With a groan, Mikel sat up, rubbing at his tired eyes. For a moment, he couldn't quite recognize where he was. Everything seemed so much to be a gray, ashy haze. For a few more moments, he grumbled, shkaing his head, before he stood and began to dress in his flight suit. He had definitely slept in far later than he was supposed to, he knew that. But right now, he simply couldn't comprehend the dream he had. He had flown over Sudentor through some sort of battle, but it was seemingly all he could remember.

Odd. He set out into the hallway, eyes sleepy and dull as he slowly made his way down to the cafe. He figured that, as usual, everyone would be there early, which of course, they were. A few of them at least. Seeing Kasumi he figured that already, she had done some sort of exercise. He respected her for it sure, but she exercised to the point of near obsession. Then again, he supposed that everyone had their 'thing', even he. At least Kasumi's wasn't anime.

He grabbed his breakfast, not making any attempt to interact with the others as he sat and ate. He stood once he was done and set his tray down. He jogged out, hoping he wasn't too late.

He ended up arriving right before Halred had begun to speak, slipping in as he attempted to go unnoticed, taking a seat in the back.

He listened up, as their mission was explained. Didn't feel like much of a recon mission to him, if they were bothered enough to go and send such a large squadron to preform it. Maybe the plane was something special, too classified to talk about? They weren't trained for such operations of course, but the Wardog squadron certainly wasn't either, all those years ago. And they all knew just how many secret missions that squadron had been on, all while losing so few of their own. Manticore on the other hand... were a war to break out, he didn't know how they would fare. They were all nuggets, without much experience. If they were caught as they are, he wouldn't be surprised if a few of them splashed. All he could do, was hope they got lucky, and that Kasumi was as much of a prodigy as everyone seemed to think.

A.J. Riley

Briefing Room, Areino AFB, Osea

0730 Hours

At approximately 7:30, the door opened and their ever-so-punctual flight lead walked in, his arms full of manilla folders that were undoubtedly carrying info way above their pay grade.

Morning everyone. I trust you slept well last night.

A.J. snorted at the mention of the ‘S’ word, then looked across the room towards Amelia and Johan. Their expressions were probably gonna be priceless.

When he looked back, Charlie was shuffling his papers importantly and sorting through the folders. No one talked. The atmosphere became so damned tense, he was reminded of those standardized tests in high school. He fidgeted in his chair uncomfortably and waited with the others.

"Well don't everyone jump at the chance to ask what these are at once."

He chuckled then pulled out their route for the day. From where he was sitting in the front row, A.J. got a clear view.

Just as I thought … 250 straight out to the west towards Sand Island. Man, that’s a long route.

"So the rumors, for those who heard, are true. We're flying out to sea for our reconnaissance today. Word from the top is that there was a brief yet unconfirmed sighting of unidentified aircraft on our borders. The report came in three days ago from the OFS Heron, and so the top brass asked who'd be willing to make a change to their routine and investigate. As you may have already guessed, I volunteered our services."

A.J. started to open his mouth, but Kasumi beat him to the punch.

So is this not a reconnaissance flight anymore?

Technically it is a reconnaissance flight. It just has some extra baggage. If we see any foreign aircraft we are to engage communications and either force a landing on the nearest carrier, which would be the Heron, or force a return across the border. Whichever comes first. If we don't see anything, it's just a regular patrol flight as we're used to.

And suppose the unidentified aircraft, if we see them at all, doesn’t want to play nice and make friends with us. We got permission from up top to play self-defense hardball, right?

It was the worst-case scenario. A.J. knew that. Hell, they must do this kind of run hundreds of times a year and not have to do a damn thing. But this route took them pretty far out and it’d take several minutes to re-route and scramble back up from the OADS. And he would be damned, he would be damned to hell before he let any of these guys get downed over something so damned stupid as ‘orders’.

Not again.

ChoShadow ChoShadow HammerTroll HammerTroll Commissar Darman Commissar Darman SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Gyrwulf Gyrwulf LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Charlie regarded A.J. as he questioned the authority to use self-defense hardball.

"Yes, A.J. If we are opened fire upon, we have permission to return fire in self defense. But if bullets fly, the first bullet must be theirs. If it's not... Well, you have a good idea what happens next I'm sure." He said, shuffling the papers around a bit.

He slid a copy of the route map to everyone as well as a form of compliance to be signed.

"A formality, but because this flight comes with the potential risk of communications and, if worse comes to worse, aerial combat, as nuggets you all are required to sign this form. It's a simple document which says you are going to follow the mission parameters which I just went over with you. 1) Patrol the route. 2) If unidentified aircraft are discovered, engage in communications. 3) If communications are successful, force a landing or retreat across the border to non-Osean waters. 4) If communications fail, force a mandatory landing on the OFS Heron. No compromises or exceptions. If a demonstration of force is required, fire warning shots past the canopy for maximum effect. 5) If the situation escalates, we deal with it as necessary. Period."

He dropped a handful of pens on the table.

"One signature on the line at the bottom of the page. That's all that's required, but it is required. You don't sign, you don't fly." He said, sitting back and observing everyone's reaction.

HammerTroll HammerTroll Whisker Whisker LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

"So we fly out in the middle of nowhere in hopes of finding ghost planes, then tell Casper the F-16 to go on his merry way?" Aryl asked, leaning back in his chair and giving the captain an odd look.

"And the odds of them firing on us first would be relatively high if they came here, and they would probably take one of us down before we could react properly, if they are as hostile as the act insinuates. But then again they could've overstepped the border on accident." He said. Aryl didn't wait for a response as he grabbed up a pen in his left hand and signed, closing up the pen and audibly smacking it back down on the table. "Also, let's say A.J. over here doesn't sign. Does he swim or drive with us rather than fly?" He asked, his tone obviously joking.

"So we fly out in the middle of nowhere in hopes of finding ghost planes, then tell Casper the F-16 to go on his merry way?" With that the seriousness of the preflight brife was shattered by Johan's thunder like laughing "CASPER THE F-16 OH GAWD THAT'S THE BEST THING I HEARD ALL DAY!" he squealed between gaps of cakling and tear filled eye.

Finally regaining composure under this withering stare of the Cap'n And his squad he straightened up in his chair. "Guys look, if they want to fight we fight. But we won't know that till we get there. Plus this bird is probably Yuke, let me make contact and try to get him flip a 180 and head home. After all everyone loves my charm" he said to the squad.

He was trying to keep everyone positive by playing the jokester. If things do get heated he didn't want everyone trigger happy, this was his family now as far as he was concerned. If he could talk this down he was going to try.

Whisker Whisker Commissar Darman Commissar Darman LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV ChoShadow ChoShadow

Justin quickly signed his name and tossed the pen down to the table. " The way I see it, this is my only chance to actually do something instead of building my hours for my commercial pilots licences." He said with a smile. "I'm sure once this asshole sees a show of force he'll turn tail and run....wait if we force him down does that mean he also have to land on the carrier?" Justin said with excitement. "Cuz as far as I'm concerned I have a rematch with a certain cable." He gleamed while rubbing his hands together.

Charlie listened to the banter between A.J. and Johan and chuckled to himself while shaking his head.

"It wasn't that funny Johan." He said.

But he continued to shake his head the more he thought about the phrase "casper the f-16."

"Anyway, if we do find any foreign aircraft and they appear to be of Yuktobanian origin we'll let you do the talking Johan. Just make sure not to be a smartass."

He then turned to Justin.

"No, Justin. If we do find any aircraft and force a landing, we're not required to land. They're for the carrier personnel to deal with. The rematch will have to wait." He said.

Kasumi signed her document and put the pen down before examining the map of their route a bit further, and she noticed something.

"Captain, unless I'm mistaken this route takes us directly over a designated No Fly Zone." She remarked, looking up at him for a moment.

He nodded.

"That it does. The top brass are waiving our passage over that spot this one time."

"But this route takes us directly over where the Arkbird was shot down by the Razgriz, doesn't it?" She asked.

He nodded.

"I thought that we were never to fly over that zone out of respect for the Arkbird's original purpose as a space vessel of peace and cooperation between Osea and Yuktobania. Passing over those waters defiles that purpose since it's right on the border, and even a few feet over the wrong latitude line puts us in Yuktobanian waters and therefore in violation of the treaty between Osea and Yuktobania." She said.

"I know Kasumi. I know. I had hoped never to pass over those waters myself, but we have no choice in the matter this time. It's direct from the top, and I will be monitoring our position on the grid very, very closely."

She sighed heavily and shook her head before taking a seat again.

"I hate those waters." She mumbled.

Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Whisker Whisker LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

As Amelia left the Mess and headed to the briefing room. She mainly stayed quiet during the brief. Because she was left to her own devices earlier. She had to to dwell on her wake up call this morning, And she decided that she was gonna get some fun revenge on Johan, which when sleep was brought up at the beginning of the brief. Amelia shot Johan and evil stare. as the brief continued and everything was explained, Amelia was curious about. As she signed the paper. She leaned over to Johan who was in front of her. "I wonder why our brothers didn't take this one." She commented. "it would be right up their ally."

A.J. Riley

Briefing Room, Areino AFB, Osea

0737 Hours

"Yes, A.J. If we are opened fire upon, we have permission to return fire in self defense. But if bullets fly, the first bullet must be theirs. If it's not... Well, you have a good idea what happens next I'm sure."

AJ scrutinized his Captain for a moment, then smiled sheepishly at the last little jab. He did, indeed, know damn well what happened next … though perhaps this was bit more serious than his other escapades as what happened next could affect tens of thousands of people all the way down the chain.

First to draw blood, eh? AJ sat back in his chair and perused the document before him. “Could be worse.

He clicked the pen and started to sign when he heard Church suddenly speak up from the back.

"So we fly out in the middle of nowhere in hopes of finding ghost planes, then tell Casper the F-16 to go on his merry way?"

"CASPER THE F-16! OH GAWD, THAT'S THE BEST THING I HEARD ALL DAY!"

AJ chortled along with Johan and shook his head.

Better start callin’ us the Ghostbuster squadron then.

Who you gonna call …?

"It wasn't that funny Johan."

And just like that, the tense test-like atmosphere devolved into their usual shenanigans and banter. As he finished up his signature, he turned back to face Church with a grin as he sent another zinger his direction.

"Also, let's say A.J. over here doesn't sign. Does he swim or drive with us rather than fly?"

As hilarious as it would be to see my other baby outrace that Tiger o’ yours, you’d be crazy to think I’m staying down here and twiddling my thumbs on a mission like this.

If Charlie went up, he went up. It was that simple. Somebody had to watch the old man’s six o’ clock after all. Then he turned around to Justin as he mentioned something about landing on a carrier.

Hey, man, not all of us are flying birds able to do that, y’know.

Not that his input on the matter was required as Charlie deadened the topic almost as soon as it was put out. Pushing his paper to the side and chucking down the pen, AJ folded his arms behind his head and waited for the others to finish up. His vibrant greens started to drift lazily over to the window when he suddenly heard Kasumi’s unhappy voice through the hubub. He listened in and whistled lowly as he realized her point.

Well, to look on the bright side, we’re probably the first group outside of our ghosts and the Razgriz to even see those waters since the war. If we stay on our side of the fence, we’ll be fine.

He attempted to nod reassuringly, but deep down he was feeling tense, disquieted. He couldn’t help feeling that there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than just a couple of freak sightings if the brass was pushing it this far.

What the hell is going on up there?

"So what's our ETA on this mission?"

ChoShadow ChoShadow LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

"No, Justin. If we do find any aircraft and force a landing, we're not required to land. They're for the carrier personnel to deal with. The rematch will have to wait." Charlie said to Justin.
"Damn i guess it will have to wait" Justin replied.

Hey, man, not all of us are flying birds able to do that, y’know.” Said A.J.

"Not with that attitude you can't" He retorted with a smile. "Still I have to admit that I'm very excited to see this No Fly Zone. It's kinda cool to go somewhere that no one has been in a long time." He smiled at Amelia. "You know I still need a wingman." He said with a smirk. "It will be like old times."

Last edited:
Charlie chuckled and shook his head as he stood up from the table.

"All right then nuggets, it's prep time. Go check your planes if you haven't already and make sure you're ready to fly in about 25 minutes. We hit the runway at 0800 on the dot. No excuses. If you're not in the cockpit by 0755, you're not coming with. Dismissed." He said, giving a salute and walking out of the room.

Kasumi was still somewhat disheartened by the flight going over the resting place of the Arkbird, but as long as she didn't see its wreckage she felt she would probably be okay. She saw the Arkbird as a child one time during a documentary they did on it and she remembered what it looked like very well. To her the bird was exactly what it was meant to be: a symbol of hope and peace.

If she saw its wreckage... She didn't know if she'd be able to keep it together.

However she stood and saluted to Charlie as he left and then made her way to her quarters. She sat on her bed mentally prepping herself for what she'd be doing very soon, and told herself over and over that if they saw the Arkbird she would do her best not to look at it. As long as she didn't see it, she could live with herself for flying over its grave.

When the time came, Kasumi was in her cockpit with a few minutes to spare as Charlie arrived and climbed into his own F-14D cockpit.

"All right nuggets, you all ready for this?" He asked.

"This is Kasumi. I'm ready." She replied.

Whisker Whisker Commissar Darman Commissar Darman LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

A.J. Riley

Briefing Room - Hangar, Areino AFB, Osea

0745-0800 Hours

AJ shrugged his shoulders at Justin.

Hey, man, I’m just telling it how it is. F-16s aren’t carrier-enabled aircraft. It’s mid-air refueling or bust on those babies.

He then allowed his lips to twitch briefly into the barest semblance of a smile before sheepishly turning back to the front where Charlie, seemingly impatient with the chattering, was issuing his final notice before the dismissal.

"All right then nuggets, it's prep time. Go check your planes if you haven't already and make sure you're ready to fly in about 25 minutes. We hit the runway at 0800 on the dot. No excuses. If you're not in the cockpit by 0755, you're not coming with. Dismissed."

Sir.

AJ stood, snapped a quick salute, then followed the others out into the hall. He didn’t stay and linger like usual but went ahead straight to the hangar where his patterned “Snowhawk” F-16C was already gassed up and waiting for him.

Getting down here early this time really paid off.

Once he was inspected and approved by the ground crew, he walked over and placed his hand upon the nose.

About time we had some action, girl.

His eyes looked her up and down, resting temporarily on the red-tipped tail where the crimson insignia of Manticore had replaced the eagle and talons of his training squadron. Pride filled him for just a moment, then he pulled on his flight helmet and climbed into the cockpit. Once inside, he spent the rest of the time going over his pre-flight checks and communicating with the crew stationed on the runway.

At 0800 sharp, Charlie’s voice crackled through the comms.

All right nuggets, you all ready for this?"

"This is Kasumi. I'm ready."

Wildcat, Roger. She’s ready to go when you are.

Gyrwulf Gyrwulf ChoShadow ChoShadow LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Commissar Darman Commissar Darman SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Amelia grinned at Justin. "That sounds like a horrible plan, I'm down!" Twiddling her pen. Amelia listened to the last tid bits of what charlie had to say ans Saluted as he left. Turning to her two closest friends, she wrapped her arms around their shoulders and proceeded to head out. " So I got a bet for you two. Free drinks for a week at the Angels Bar to the one who forces Casper down."

Pacing around her craft. Amelia inspected her F-14 from nose to tail. She had to make sure her baby was in perfect order. By the looks of it, everything was in order. Jumping into her craft, she continued her preflights as Charlie arrived and jumped into his craft. As his voice came over the comms, Amelia couldn't help but smile as she responded. "DragonBall good to go!"

With the dismissal of the pre-flight brief Johan headed out to the hangar. Walking through the double doors of the administration building out into the sunlight, Johan reached into his shoulder pocket of his flight suite and pulled out a crumpled pack of cigarettes and shook one out and lightning with his grandfather's zippo, he exhaled walked to the hanger.

When he arrived the ground crew were finishing up there pre-flight maintenance. Johan walked up to the Crew chief a tall mountain of a man with a I hate my job stare and and a droop posture that one only gets from being passed over for promotion one too many times. "How's Claymore doing pops?" the Crew chief look at Johan then to the phantom then back at johan" She's a bitch. And she probably going to get you killed sooner or later." Johan laughed and said her or any other woman.. clapping the Crew chief on the shoulder he walked up to the ladder on the nose of his plane and climbed in.

After he finished he pre flights he pulled his flashlight and blinked it at Amilea on the other side of the hanger. using his hand he pointed her to jump down Radio channels
"Hey Amelia......if it gets bad up there you put me between you and them and stick to my 6. Your brother will kill me if I let anything happen to you up there."

((I was waiting for everyone to reply to Charlie's inquiry. You don't just ignore a superior officer's question about whether or not you're ready, especially when he's your flight lead. Understood everyone?

From now on if I tag everyone that means I expect everyone to reply with something. Even if it's just a single paragraph of narrative and one sentence of dialogue, I expect a response.

Some of you have been good about this, but some of you haven't. So please pick up your responsiveness a little okay everyone? I know how life can get in the way, but that's why you have time in your day, even if it's only 5 minutes at the end of the day before bed, to hop online and let everyone know you can't post and that we should drag your character along until you're in a better position to reply and get involved.

As the GM, it's my job to move the RP forward. But as participants, it's your job to keep everyone else, myself included, informed of your circumstances regarding your ability to remain active.

Thank you.))

"All right then Nuggets. Let's hit the runway!" Charlie ordered.

He taxied his plane out to Runway 3, of which there were 4 in total. Firing up his engines, his plane was the first in the air. Kasumi followed shortly after on Runway 1, the furthest out from the hangers, and as soon as she was airborne she took her place in formation.

"Okay. Check in Nuggets. How's your plane handling?" He asked.

"This is Kasumi, I'm airborne and everything's looking good on my end." She replied.

She double checked her instruments and dials, and everything was indeed good to go. No visible problems. The plane was responding well, and she sat comfortably in her seat as she gently gripped the handle and kept the plane level and in formation as they waited for everyone else.

Whisker Whisker Commissar Darman Commissar Darman LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Gyrwulf Gyrwulf Hammer Troll Hammer Troll SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

A.J. Riley

Inflight

0800-8015 Hours

His communications were soon alive with the sounds of his squadron checking in as they gradually finished up with their pre-flight checklist. He was barely given a few minutes to close his cockpit before Charlie’s voice once more broke through the chatter with orders:

"All right then Nuggets. Let's hit the runway!"

Out of the corner of the runway, he saw the nose of the Captain’s F-4 emerge from the officer’s hangar across the way, his ground crew marshaling it onto the Taxiway. Knowing he was next in line, AJ quickly checked in with the ground crew before responding to the order.

Wildcat, affirmative. Taxiing to Runway Zero-Zero-Four via Taxiway Sierra.

With clearance already granted by the ground crew, he waited until they gave him the signal before cautiously nosing forward and past his squadmates behind him in the queue. Soon, the air was alive with the shrill scream of his F-16’s engine as she glided along towards the runway closest to the hangars. Further down the stretch, he could see a vivid, unholy glare on the other side of Captain’s plane. He chuckled, already knowing who that had to be.

Jesus Christ, Kasumi.

Rest in Peace to whoever’s gotta fly at their six the whole time.

Forcibly averting his gaze, he came to the holding point and contacted the Tower.

Tower, Manticore Flight 02 ready for takeoff, runway zero-zero-four.

The F-4 went up, then Kasumi’s F-16, and finally …

Manticore 02, you are cleared for takeoff, runway zero-zero-four.

Greenlight.

AJ smiled and hit the throttle, the shriek becoming a hungry roar as his Viper hit afterburners and started down the runway. Once he hit the ‘magic number’, his nose came up from the pavement.

I’m up and climbing. Prepare for join up momentarily.

As he climbed, he gave his gauges another once over as well as his altimeter so that he could keep a close eye on his cabin pressure. Once he was sure everything was looking good, he increased the throttle until he caught sight of Kasumi and the Captain ahead.

Alright, I have visual on you guys! Windshear, I’m dropping in on your wing. Two miles closure.

"Let's hit the air." Aryl muttered as he jogged of to his plane, heading to runway 2 before taking off. "Church, checking in. It seems I am missing both my wings and I has a boat rudder on the back of my plane... Thoughts?" He joked. "Seriously, everything is alright on my end, she handles like a dream." He responded with a more serious tone. He took formation on Kasumi's six, keeping the plane steady and with enough room between them to manever properly.

Perfect. A sudden change in flight plan to send them over the Arkbird's watery grave. Yet another stain on the folk of Sudentor. After all, the Gray Men worked from the tunnel through Waldreich mountains. Many of them were men of Sudentor, to add insult to injury. All of Manticorr Squadron knew he was of that city. He just hoped that they wouldn't associate him with it too much. He figured that at least some of them had to be the sort to idealize the Arkbird, he himself had at one point, until men from his city had ruined it.

He departed from briefing with little word to anyone else, making his way to his hanger, where his F-16 awaited. Many of the other squadron member had modified their planes to their suiting, but Mikel believed his jet to be fine the way it was. After all, the others' modifications came with a drawback. Heavier armor meant a slower plane, or whatever else. He patted the fuselage of his jet, running his gloved fingertips along the metal. At some point, one of the Razgriz had probably flown such a plane. It seemed almost as if that every pilot chanced upon the F-16 at some point in their career, before moving on. He looked over his plane, making sure that it was entirely prepared for the flight to come, before he clambered up and into the cockpit, closing the canopy around him. It was time for their mission, and he'd loathe to be late.

He could see, one by one, all the other pilots pulling out of their hangers, with Charlie of course in the lead. "Mikel, ready," he responded flatly into the radio as he too pulled his plane out of the hanger. On command, the other pilots taxied to the runways. He chose Runway 2, easing his plane to the center of the pavement, his front wheel even with the center, ensuring he wouldn't go catapulting into the grass before he could get that front wheel off the ground.

He edged the plane forward as the squadron was granted permission to take off by tower. His gloved hands were still as he worked, the steady whine of the engine turned to a roar as he picked up speed, eyeing the gauges as he lifted off. "Mikel, airborn. Set and ready," he said into the radio as he took his place in the formation, avoiding the position of Kasumi's six for good reason. "Alright friends, who's ready for an adrenaline-pumping patrol mission?" He joked, a grin crossing his face.

Charlie nodded as everyone began to fall in.

"All right then, let's get to work nuggets. We've got a long flight ahead so I hope you all went to the bathroom before takeoff. Otherwise you'll just have to hold it. And gents. If you hold it too long and damage your prostate gland and can't get a boner anymore, it's not my fault. Understood?" He asked.

Kasumi chuckled and shook her head.

"Thanks for the visual Charlie." She said through her laugh.

"No problem Angel." He replied.

Whisker Whisker SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

"Charlie aren't you getting to that age where that's a problem anyway?" He joked, grinning as he kept himself steady. He sat in silence for about thiry seconds before speaking up again.

"Are we there yet?" He joked, glancing around the cockpit bubble to the sky around him. Sure his first flight was a big scare, but after that he grew to love being in the air.

AJ Riley

Inflight

0820 Hours

The planes grew steadily larger until the closest one – Kasumi’s F-16 – was close enough to tailgate. AJ cut the power to the throttle and slowly allowed the plane to yaw left until he was secure in the formation some twenty meters away. He checked his altimeter one last time, made sure Charlie had plenty of space up front, and then checked in:

Like a million dollars, Boss.

He started to glance back in the canopy but caught the glare of Church’s Tiger before he had the chance to speak, and just a little further back, Mike’s factory-tuned F-16. Once they had all checked in, Charlie spoke up again.

All right then, let's get to work nuggets. We've got a long flight ahead so I hope you all went to the bathroom before takeoff. Otherwise, you'll just have to hold it. And gents. If you hold it too long and damage your prostate gland and can't get a boner anymore, it's not my fault. Understood?

"Thanks for the visual Charlie."

"No problem Angel."

"Charlie, aren't you getting to that age where that's a problem anyway?"

Aw C’mon Church, that one was a little below the belt, don’t you think?

He chuckled but kept his hand steady on the stick. His baby didn’t look it, but she was sensitive to the slightest touch. Behind him, Mikel chimed in.

Alright friends, who's ready for an adrenaline-pumping patrol mission?

Apparently not our trailers. Anyone see the three musketeers anywhere?

After a moment, he changed frequencies.

Hammer, Calam, Dragon, you guys stop and ask for directions to the runway or what?

ChoShadow ChoShadow SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf

After a rigorous pre-flight check Justin donned his helmet just in time to hear “Hammer, Calam, Dragon, you guys stop and ask for directions to the runway or what?” and smirked as he taxied out to the runway.
"Sorry Amelia had to apply her make up and as gentlemen we simply could not leave her behind" He said knowing that he was going to pay big time for the remark. "Calamity is now airborne" he said excitedly as he pulled away from the runway and made his way to the formation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back