• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Academy For The Strange And Gifted

Vampiricdoll

Six Thousand Club
Dear reader,

Thank you for applying for the ASG (Academy For The Strange And Gifted.) You have been accepted, and you will start classes September 1st.

Here at the academy we will have dorms, and they will be assigned to one as soon as they get here. For further instruction, go to the main desk when you enter the school and talk with the woman at the desk. She will give you a key and room number.

Some of the classes that we will be taking are English, Human History, Mythology, Algebra, Fighting class, Magic class, Potion class, and so much more.

We hope to see you there.

Thank you.

Principle Nora

(Please look at overview for further information and rules.)

Principle Nora strutted to the front of the room, her head held high and tail swaying slowly. Once she was seen and had everyone's attention, she sat and smiled. "Welcome to the Academy For The Strange and Gifted." She greeted. The students clapped to show their enthusiasm. "Now I understand many of you are here to learn about the strange occurrences of this world. I also know some of you are here, because you didn't know what else to do about your life. And that's fine, but I'd like to cover some ground rules." She explained, face showing hardly any emotion. "Please do not go into the opposite gender's dorm room after nightfall. Make sure if you are to go exploring, please let a teacher or someone in authority know where you are going. Please don't skip classes. Your education is very important to me, and if you skip there's really no reason in here, is there?" She chuckled. She stood from where she sat and walked around the room a bit. "And whatever you do, please do not mess with the portal destinations. That may seem like a fun prank to do, but they could very well me transported into a place of unknown or dangerous area." She walked to the double doors leading into the main hall. "Now, after breakfast please go straight to your first class, which for everyone that would Human History. Thank you." She then left the room with a swift moment.

Cryn sat at the farthest end of the table as physically possible. His chin was buried in his long dark blue scarf, and his eyes looked down at his plate, not showing any signs of being hungry. He didn't look at all pleased, being in the midst of this large crowd of people - whether they were friend or foe, human or supernatural. Even so, his wide, unnerving grin remained splayed across his face, causing many to sit as far away from him as they could, but without it being very noticeable, as to not be rude.

Cryn did not clap with the rest. In fact, he seemed to be completely still, as if waiting for the correct moment to flee from the fancy dining room.

His axe was also still on his belt, as he would feel odd not having it by his side, really. He would feel like an unbalanced scale, just waiting to topple over - if only for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Wow, she's magnificent. That's the Principle? I wonder what the other teachers are like..." Jack listened attentively, and expressed some disappointment at not being allowed to tamper with the portals. He had wanted to experiment with the keys. "I guess I'll have to ask her to give me a portal to tinker with." As she finished her speech, he quickly tucked into his hearty breakfast of several sausage patties and eggs, cheesy potato chunks, and pancakes, liberally doctored up with butter and syrup. Once he had gotten about halfway through, he slowed down enough to begin chatting with others. "Everyone's going to human history?" He looked around at the diverse crowd of students. "Wow, that's gonna have to be a really big auditorium."

(Open)

Leona clapped with the rest of the students after the principal finished explaining her rules and such. But, Leona didn't listen to some of the rules because either she tuned them out when she was thinking on what to do, or she was too busy looking at the ladies. "My, my, my~ This place will certainly hold many things for me." She thought with a blank stare expression on her face. "Answers, dreams, knowledge... women. Ah~ This will certainly be a fine time here!" Leona walks into the breakfast hall, but she didn't really eat anything. Probably because she wasn't hungry at this moment, so she opt to just observe the students.

Noel didn't eat too much. A simple pancake and strawberries did her good. She began eating when Jack spoke with the other students. She smiled, but she didn't know why. She swallowed her food and began to ponder out loud. "Perhaps it is so all the children can learn at once and have free time for later. OR maybe because the teachers have other things to attend to after classes?" She took another bite.

@GlytchMeister @Anyone else who's sitting with us

Jack nodded, then shrugged. "I just hope it won't be some student aid doing the lecture." He looked around the room and spotted a lady with a disconcertingly blank expression on her face... The rest of her body language, however, was nigh on predatory. "There's something... Off... About her, isn't there?" He whispered to Noel, seated next to him.

@Queen of Fantasy

Noel looked in the direction that the female was in and went wide eyed. "Oh. I suppose she is acting a bit strange..." She muttered. "I met her on the first day I was here. She does act a bit strange, and... obsessive almost." She said, then bit her lip. The blonde girl made her nervous. "Her name is Leona."

@GlytchMeister

Jack continued to scan the crowd - a habit from long ago - in the Deadlands, he could easily pick out potential threats, but the crowd here was so diverse and full of magical beings, he could hardly make sense of it all. "I never thought magic was so common." A wide grin split his face. "This is gonna be fun."

@Queen of Fantasy

(Still also open)

Two strange beings sat in to crowd, on a grey blue color, and another of pure white. They were known as Seer and Oracle, two entirely extraterrestrial beings. Everything they knew about their powers they found out themselves, though Seer had a feeling they were not at their full potential... so that's why they hunted down a school of some sort. It seems they found the right place.

Seer grumbled to himself, his beaming red eyes watching the area. So many unique beings here, it brought him some comfort knowing he wasn't the only different one here. Meanwhile, Oracle gobbled up both Seer's and his own meal. He slouched back, feeling full.

(Anyone can reply this this idk)

The small elven girl couldn't bring herself to clap at the principles words. Though she had paid attention to her every word, Aurea was much too uncomfortable in the crowded dining hall and couldn't seem to move her body. '

Is this what being trapped in a cage feels like?

' Distress was clear on her features, her bright green optics flickering nervously from face to face. Never had the girl been so confined or helpless. For a fleeting moment, she longed to be outside, the open sky much more welcoming to her than this place. Aurea sighed helplessly, knowing well it was her choice to be here. Perhaps that decision had come to haunt her. Desperately trying to compose herself, the female reached toward her silverware and stabbed at her fruit, the voices of the people around her creating an annoying, high pitched buzz. Aurea prayed silently that she would have time to go outside and calm down before class.

(Open)

"The loud talks of students and staff members... Ahh~ It's so wonderful!" Despite looking like a blank slate on her features, in the inside Leona felt the rowdiness of the dining room. "Though, this is only the opening... I shouldn't be getting to excited." Her ears twitch for a fleeting moment. "Someone must be talking about little ole me... oh how nice of them." Walking around the room was certainly a weird experience, not for Leona, but for the students. They could feel a predator like aura around her, and though she looks dead on her face, her eyes convey wanting. A little smirk was on her face as she now sat down, putting one leg over the other.

Leaving his food untouched, Cryn stood up from his seat, and began walking out of the dining hall. He didn't really want to wait any longer. He walked out still with his chin buried in his scarf, and hands in his pockets, his gaze meeting the sight of the ground, as he didn't want to risk making eye contact with anybody - nevertheless, his odd grin never faltered.

Cryn found himself retreating to his own dorm, which was now completely his own. He was thankful that principle Nora had been lenient with him in this case, and would try to repay his debt when the opportunity presented it's self.

While he was there, he left his once good friend's journal on his bed, as he would prefer not to risk losing it in somewhere like class, or by the hands of some thief. That last situation was a very radical example, but as a once thief himself, he knew never to leave things to chance.

Now having done that, he exited his dorm, and began searching for the path that lead to Human History, so he could get there early, and pick a most suitable place to sit.

(Open, I suppose?)

The rules seemed reasonable enough and she didn't really mind everyone here taking their first class all together, though she wondered if it was really alright for their instructor to have to lecture and keep track of so many students at one time. It was likely their instructors were used to this sort of thing, as it may be the norm around here. When their principle left the room, she returned her attention to the bowl of yogurt, oats and fruit in front of her. Despite taking her time with it, she had arrived plenty early for breakfast, so it was nearly gone now. Finishing her meal off, she put the bowl where it belonged so that it could be cleaned and started on her way to class so that she would not risk being late. At least from the look of things, she wasn't the only one to have the idea, though she made no motion to stop and chat since there would be plenty of time for that later.

Kori listened intently to Principal Nora's speech. All the rules present seemed easy enough for her to follow and it was her intention to follow every one of them without fault. She smiled and clapped loudly at the end and made her way out of her the grand auditorium to the lunchroom, carefully folding her wings to her back as not to cause any mobility hazards.

When in the lunchroom, she didn't necessarily sit alone since people did sit next to her. She just didn't talk to any and instead ate in peace while enjoying her food, a perfectly fine situation for her. What was served was spectacular and she saw several students over to get seconds or even thirds because of it.

However, while she would like to stay longer, Kori hoped to make good impressions of her teachers and thought that she would like to proceed to class early. After putting up her tray and cleaning her dining area, she started to make her way out of the lunchroom.

As soon as the students were excused, Seer and Oracle picked a place away from he other students to release their wings, since their wings were both made of some sort of an energy, they could summon and dissipate them at any time. However, they became almost solids, that meant that they could easily whack someone in the face with their wings by accident. Both started to float above the heads of other walking students as they made their way to the classroom. Since they basically cut in front of everyone, the classroom was a bit empty, only a few students were sitting down. It was a rather large classroom.. though they decided to sit near the back, they were both pretty tall, a while ago they had learned and became more conscious of that it was rude to block someone's view.

(open)

Cryn was sitting in the very back of the auditorium. He saw the two tall figures of Seer and Oracle sit rather near, though, he wasn't really annoyed. They were obviously not the most social beings either, and therefore he respected their choice to sit in the back. It was generally the best place to find peace, and solitude from most.

@FlamelaPG

He also saw Kori enter. He didn't wave, or greet her, as he believed she most likely had something better to do than interact with him, seeing as she obviously wanted to make a good first impression with the teacher(s), being here so early.

@The Angelic Kori

InKryption said:
Cryn was sitting in the very back of the auditorium. He saw the two tall figures of Seer and Oracle sit rather near, though, he wasn't really annoyed. They were obviously not the most social beings either, and therefore he respected their choice to sit in the back. It was generally the best place to find peace, and solitude from most.
@FlamelaPG

He also saw Kori enter. He didn't wave, or greet her, as he believed she most likely had something better to do than interact with him, seeing as she obviously wanted to make a good first impression with the teacher(s), being here so early.

@The Angelic Kori
Oracle then rested his head on his partner's shoulder. He often did this, sometimes they even switched. Neither was the "pants", they were true equals.

Seer looked around, observing the other students. Mostly the one that was the closest to them. That grin... he didn't trust that one. There were a lot of shifty looking students around here, he just assumed this was one. He kept his gaze on the student, never blinking. After a minute of this he finally looked away as students were starting to pour in.

Amaro sat towards the left edge of the classroom. He had been one of the others who had arrived earlier but his reasons where a bit different. He had barely managed to stay awake during the principals speech so he decided it would be best to find a spot in the classroom before he fell asleep. He though he heard her mention something about Human history but he didn't remember much. Oh well history was his favorite subject outside of combat so he was sure he would do fine.

Noel quickly finished her breakfast, and stood up and exited the bench she sat on. She grabbed her satchel, that had many flowery buttons stuck onto it. "I'll see you in class!" She waved to Jack, and hurried off to her first lesson.

@GlytchMeister

Her first lesson! Human history. She was bound to ace anything, since she herself was history. She quickly speed walked to the classroom, opening the door quietly and sneaking down to sit a few rows before the front row of seats. (About the 4th row going up.) She sat down, and placed her bag on her desk. She pulled out her human history text book, which was provided by the school, and also pulled out her (Can you guess?) Flower printed notebook. She took a pink inked pen, and put her bag under her chair. She sat silently as she waited for other students to come join the class. As she waited she peered around the room at the others, seeing many various species of things. She was a plain ol' human with a simple touch of immortality. She shrugged and went back to staring at her books.

@Everyone (Open for interaction!)

Ashlynita said:
The small elven girl couldn't bring herself to clap at the principles words. Though she had paid attention to her every word, Aurea was much too uncomfortable in the crowded dining hall and couldn't seem to move her body. '

Is this what being trapped in a cage feels like?

' Distress was clear on her features, her bright green optics flickering nervously from face to face. Never had the girl been so confined or helpless. For a fleeting moment, she longed to be outside, the open sky much more welcoming to her than this place. Aurea sighed helplessly, knowing well it was her choice to be here. Perhaps that decision had come to haunt her. Desperately trying to compose herself, the female reached toward her silverware and stabbed at her fruit, the voices of the people around her creating an annoying, high pitched buzz. Aurea prayed silently that she would have time to go outside and calm down before class.

(Open)
Jack smiled at Noel as she raced off to class. She'll probably grab a good seat for us, I'll pop in before class starts. As he stood, he noticed an extraordinarily tense winged elven girl stabbing at her breakfast and decided to go see what was bothering her so much.

"Hi," he said as he approached. "Is there something wrong? We still have about ten minutes before class begins."

@Ashlynita

When Kori had entered the classroom, she had found a few students already in their seats. As she made her way gracefully down the stairs, she smiled at a few of them. Good impressions, good impressions, she thought. She decided it would be best to sit in the front, however, one row back as to not seemed too eager.

Leona got up from her seat, and saw that the students were leaving for class. "Ah yes, human history... almost forgot about that." With a blank expression, she heads forth towards the classroom. As she enters the room, she gave the students that were in here a quick bow and a wink. "Hmm... the back table next to thw window will do just lovely." She navigates her way to the back of the room, and sat next to the window.

All sense of time passed her by as she stared glumly at her small pile of fruit. Well, more like a small pile of mush at this point. Aurea was lost in thought, blocking out most people when a man's voice made her jump. The elf turned, both surprised and curious that anyone had bothered to acknowledge her. "

O-oh.. um... hi

," she squeaked, her wings twitching nervously. His question further surprised her and she didn't quite know how to answer without sounding silly - silly to her anyway. "

I'm just a bit... claustrophobic,

" she replied, her green gaze returning to her mush, a light blush darkening her pale cheeks out of embarrassment. She had been too focused on not freaking out to realize that class would be starting soon. "

I apologize, but I need a bit of fresh air,

" she stated, not quite sure how she was going to handle an auditorium full of students. Aurea stood and grabbed her tray, meeting the other's eyes curiously. "

I wouldn't mind company, either. However, I can't promise that we'll be on time.

" She gave a small shrug and briskly went to the put her tray away. The faster she got outside, the better she would feel.

@GlytchMeister

Users who are viewing this thread

Back