• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Academy De Feast (Reboot)

"Nothing really happened, its all right his mind is drifting right now in the realm of sleep" replied Ishtar with a light smile on her face, confident with her answer due to her spiritual connection with conscious. Nal got up from his seat and walked over to the teacher before bowing politely; "Hello Ms. Bilous, do not worry the boy is in great hands with my sister; if you want we can step out of the classroom and I can explain what happened to you if you wish" stated Nal respectfully and a light smile on his face.

Ishtar smiled as she continued to hug the boy; then preceded to rest her chin lightly on his head before closing her sunset eyes and falling asleep; her mind dreamwalking into Fans' unconscious state; due to her magic and natural attunement to the realms of being; this was an easy task for the girl. Her mind crossed the barriers and entered the boys' dreams, bringing with her her Egyptian presence.

@Federoff

Nature spirits are not human. They neither eat, drink, breathe, nor sleep, although given the proper magic, any one of them could simulate a facsimile of such. No matter the magic used, however, they simply do not dream; their spirit-forms simply lack the "configuration" to enable such even when one is unconscious. The closest a dreamwalker could get to a dreamscape would be a sort of "manse" of the spirit's essence, wrought up on the spot from the spirit's reaction to the oneiric magic; such would most certainly be themed after the spirit's purview.

That is why Ishtar's dream-self would find herself in a fully submerged demesne of water so crystal clear it may as well not be there to the eye. The liquid of the psychic ocean itself seems to be the source of a soft, ethereal, blue-white glow, and it is neither too warm nor too cold; the touch of the water on the skin is like comfortably caressing silk. Pressure does not seem to be an issue, nor does breathing.

Distance and gravity seem to be nonexistent here. There is absolutely nothing to demarcate "regions" or distinguish "landmarks" save for a few formations of "frozen" fog whose dimensions are impossible to measure and which look different with each glance, and any movement from the Anubite gives her a strange sense that she is both everywhere and nowhere.

Nothing tracks time. The light is static, the temperature never shifts around, the water always feels like silk. The whole ocean is perfectly still, as though it was in a timeless stasis. All is silent, not even a bit of white noise, yet the quiet abyss where one can hear one's own heart has a certain serenity to it.

Actions begin and end, but there is no transition between them. A hand begins to reach out, and it is already outstretched. Legs kick up to paddle, yet the whole body is already at its destination--for all that will do in a spaceless realm. The smallest sliver of an idea falls forms in the mind, and a fully thought-out idea springs forth immediately.

Breaking up the austerity of this benthic dominion is a single figure: Fan, or at least his representation as a preteen-looking merboy in Egyptian garb and jewelry. The nature spirit's eyes are closed, and he drifts through waters that never seem to shift or ripple even as he displaces their space. Around him, unmoving arcs of ice and steam that form criss-crossing lattices, and between those, flashes of dazzling vistas of distant realms past, present, and future overlaid upon one another in a baffling composite. He does not seem to be anywhere in particular in this phrenic demiplane; Ishtar's direction and distance to him are meaningless and cannot be tracked; the piscean child is simply there.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Whoa, what is this place?" asked Ishtar as she moved her head; scanning what seemed to be an endless abyss. She was very confused in the matter as this had never happened to her before. It was true she had been with Spirits in this type of plain a couple of times before, but very rarely and even in those cases the spirits had filled the space with images and things that made it comfortable to each. But this... this was new.

Suddenly Fan appeared, breaking the loneliness of the weird Abyss that was before hand,
"Fan?" she asked; not really able to speak nor think of anything else to say.

@Federoff

There is practically no delay between Ishtar's befuddlement and her verbal expression of such. Her words cross the water with ease and do not echo; rather, as they leave the Anubite's mouth, her ears process them with impossibly perfect, almost soothing clarity.

The jackal-girl's scan of the gravity-bereft, drowned realm likewise resolves instantaneously and without transition; she espies innumerable formations of "frozen fog" with dimensions impossible to measure and positions impossible to pinpoint, and even their overall appearance looks different with each glance.

Ishtar's call to Fan and the merboy's response similarly transpire with no transition. He is already there ("where" matters not), azure eyes open, cheeks still flush red, elfin ears impossible to tell whether they are "up" or "down." The arcs of the expressions of water, space, and time that once surrounded him are gone, replaced by a still, diminutive orb that looks wrought of bright ice.

"H-Hello again, Ms. Ishtar," the little mer bashfully goes. The nature spirit's friendly smile appears on his fair face practically in an instant. "Is there still a-anything I can do for you? I am a benevolent n-nature spirit, so... my services are always available." There is already a hand over his Egyptian necklace-adorned chest.

Ishtar smiled at the boys' response, even unconscious and he is only thinking of helping other people, how sweet. Ishtars' sunset eyes locked with Fans' azure eyes before she finally replied; "Well you fainted, so I got worried about you Fany" replied Ishtar honestly, running one of her hands on her hairline to removed a fallen strain from her face. He tail continued to wag back and forth like it did back in the classroom; her hood down to reveal her dog ears; more signs of her Anubis heritage.

@Federoff

"O-Oh... well..." the merboy meekly answers. Fan has already twiddled his fingers ten times over. "Y-You kissed me on that cheek, Ishtar, and then I fainted," words tinged with embarrassment. The nature spirit begins to drift around the pelagic plane to try to calm down his nerves, but he has already made a full "round trip" of whatever passes for "the entire place."

"Was there, ummm... s-something magical about that kiss?" he queries curiously, head already tilted. "If there was, c-could I please learn it from you, Ishtar? Or... if you would like to make it stronger and s-supplement it with water, space, and time, like the qualities of this place..." Fan's arms are spread out wide, and a seemingly optical illusion of them stretching out forever crosses the Anubite's vision, "I could h-help you do that with my spiritual services." A friendly smile as usual.

Ishtar noted that the boy decided to keep the Egyptian gear, it really did suit him for some reason. She shook her head in sync with her tail, replying with "No, I don't like using my magic on my friends" stated Ishtar truthfully, she was never one for wanting to do harm to a friend. She stayed silent for a few moments before continuing, "Well unless you count it making a certain cute Egyptian attired nature spirit blush adorably" continued the girl, somewhat teasing him a bit, but otherwise very sincere; Ishtars' black fur ears now drooping down like a cute dog.

@Federoff

"Oh, so, umm... w-was that magic or not?" Fan's eyes have already blinked thrice over, and his head goes tilted without the Anubite ever seeing the tilting motion. "I still do not understand."

"I-Is it... really okay to blush though? I am unaware of whether or not it is socially acceptable," words sounding highly vexed, "nor do I know if making another blush is part of polite society. C-Could you please explain, Ishtar?" the nature spirit pleads with eyes that instantaneously go puppy-dog-like, and with a frigid ball whose curious cobalt light looms over the entire aquatic demesne.

"I can p-pay you for answers to those--and for your suggestions for these nice clothes and jewelry," already having made a full underwater pirouette with nary a transition, "with some of my spiritual services or i-imbuements with magic, Ishtar. It is only right if we are friends now... and you r-really do seem like a great person to have for a friend," telepathic voice forthright. Fan's eyes are closed, and he has a gentle smile on his adorable face.

Ishtar shook her head with a smile on her face. "Honestly I didn't use any of my magic on you, besides you would have felt any curse if I actually would put one on you" replied Ishtar before letting out a light sneeze; sounding more like a animal then a real sneeze. Ishtar nodded at the boys' request, her ears perking up suddenly; "Its not rude nor polite to blush; and it doesn't really matter what other people think about it, its' just something one does" explained Ishtar as she tried to move closer to the nature spirit, her sunset eyes blinking every now again but never really loosing focus on Fan.

@Federoff

"Oh, that is... g-good to know." The nature spirit's words come off as oddly reassured, and his smile has already widened a bit. "If blushing and making people blush is okay, then... I g-guess it is fine if you do it again for a friend's sake, Ishtar!"

"And I will try not to f-faint next time too!" Fan's beet-red cheeks have toned themselves down to a milder shade, and the stasis-frozen ice-sphere near him emanates a pinkish light.

"So, ummm... s-should we get out of here now, Ishtar?" the piscean child asks in a concerned voice. "You probably entered a demesne formed from my spiritual essence somehow... and I guess it might be uncomfortable for you." The mer executes an instantaneous hand gesture that sweeps across the everywhere and nowhere of the timeless sea, and even manages to stroke the jackal-girl's fluffy tail thanks to the unusual qualities of space (or lack thereof) here. "I can r-render services to make up for all this once we are out too."

Ishtar smiled at the boy before nodding and taking the hand he had offered to her. "I can think of... a few ways you can repay me" chuckled Ishtar playfully as she grew ever closer to the boy; Boy he is in for a surprise when he wakes up thought Ishtar to herself, remembering that she had the boy in a hug and her chin resting on his head before she entered this place. She kept these thoughts well guarded so not to ruin the surprise for Fan.

@Federoff

"C-Could we please try to make sure I repay them through my spiritual service protocol, Ishtar?" the merboy pleads in a desperate-sounding tome. "I cannot g-grow as a nature spirit if I keep on helping people without that protocol..."

"B-But anyway, let me bring us out of here first..." With but a thought that resolves in literally no time at all, Fan dismisses the demesne of the depths forgotten by space and time.

With wiggling elfin ears and a stretch of his fishy lower body, the piscean child comes back to "consciousness" in the natural world, making the "entrance" shrouded by a thick layer of fog that distorts space and time alike. Fan quickly attempts to regain his bearings by expanding his senses through the space all around him (inured to the fog's effects). The nature spirit even glimpses through the past to gauge just how much time passed in the "real world" while he was "unconscious" in that timeless abyss. All the while, his spectral sphere orbits him while emitting a varicolored, soft glow.

Rolling down the the hallways on his heelys, Henderson begins to think upon his time in 'Nam.

"Was a good time back then, different time. None 'o that namsy pamsy 'enforced age checking' like they have these days." He grumbled, as he rolls past the various classrooms.

"I mean, sure I musta been a older looking twelve year year old, but it was worth it. Plus I gotta see a man bite someone's thumbs off, good day that was. Then that whole shitstorm with Nylarthotep happened, huh, I shoulda mentioned something about him to the kiddos. Oh well, they oughta learn on there own time." He says, wistfully reminiscing on his past.

"I mean, at least they should be 'somewhat' okay if someone invokes the wrath of Shub Niggurath on them. Hehe, I shoulda mentioned that one time with Ha- better not finish that name. Huh, I wonder if I still have that copy of The King in Yellow. It's a damn good book."

As he says this, he begins to scrounge through his bag, tossing out a variety of strange items, some too big to fit.

"Small cat, nope. Pirate ship in a bottle, nope. King in Yellow, ah! There you are. I'll leave this out for someone to find then. Better spread the knowledge of a good piece a literature." As he says that, he places the yellow book down on a table sitting in the halls, and places a sign saying "free book" upon it.

Ishtar blinked her eyes open, still hugging the boy as she left him; Good thought Ishtar as she continued to hug him, it seemed the boy had yet noticed that she had him in another hug. I do wanna help him grow, I guess I'll help him with that but first... thought Ishtar to herself before using her nose to nudge at the back of Fans' head very lightly, "Oh Fany?" asked the girl as he gold jewelry clinked with noise. Lizzy noticed that the boy and girl had both regained conscious, Lizzy put on a welcoming smile on her face as she tried to reach him through Telepathy. "Welcome back Fan, you and Ishtar have fun?" asked Lizzy with a smile on her face.

@Federoff

(Fan would, at this point, be "up to date" on what happened while he was "unconscious" thanks to postcognitive scrying, so if he missed anything notable, he would know.)

"Oh... huh, Lizzy, Ishtar?" the merboy asks upon coming to. "What do you mean by 'have fun'? We floated around in a demesne forged from my essence, and, well..." The piscean kid tilts his head from left to right, before he blushes a bit more deeply upon noting the nuzzling on the back of his head. "I g-g-guess I should repay Ishtar for the trouble with some of my spiritual services now, right?"

"You said something about growing through helping others? How can I help you grow?" asked Ishtar, genuinely curious about how the process worked; that and she wanted to help him grow since it obviously meant something to him. Lizzy smiled at the boy before nodding, "That's up to you, but I think she would rather have... something else as a payment... if you catch what I mean" replied the red-haired elf girl before giving him a little wink.

@Federoff

"Oh, I can offer a whole lot as payment, Lizzy, Ishtar!" the nature spirit enthusiastically exclaims, a bright smile on his face and azure eyes alight with optimism.

Fan goes on to reiterate the "rules" of his spiritual contract, with the same jovial and energetic gestures and displays of magic as before.

(For reference, here they are, presented IC:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/academy-de-feast-reboot.93892/page-5#post-2662856

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/academy-de-feast-reboot.93892/page-7#post-2663545

And if you would like an explanation from an OOC perspective, here is what the GM had approved:

- Ritual of Tribute: Once per day (per person), someone can perform a ritual of tribute to Fan, regardless of where the nature spirit might be (thanks to his affinity for space), and regardless of their capability of sensing him. The person must lay out on a table the following three objects: a vessel of non-polluted and non-poisoned water, a timekeeping device, and a space-measuring device. There must be three, even if an item falls under two categories, like a water clock or a smartphone. The person must then verbally and reverently request a minor service from Fan. The service must be made with good intentions, must be something that Fan could reasonably and successfully complete by devoting a few hours to it, and it must fall under the purview of water, space, and/or time.

-- Result: The objects sublimate or evaporate into water vapor and then individually reform in front of people in the world who are in dire need of them. Fan instantly becomes aware of the requested service, and becomes bound to perform it as soon as possible, automatically adding the service to his "first come, first served" queue. The nature spirit cannot choose to ignore a request; if it comes up on his queue, Fan must perform it once he has the opportunity to do so. If he fails to perform a service, whether due to his own actions or due to external circumstances, then there is no punishment for him save for a lost opportunity for growth.

-- Growth: Upon successfully completing a service, Fan grows just a bit more spiritually powerful. The greater the magnitude of the service he performs, the stronger he becomes. More power for the nature spirit means an expanded ability to carry out services, so everyone wins.

- Covenant: Anyone who successfully requests a service from Fan under the ritual of tribute can, immediately afterwards, verbally and reverently offer to forge a covenant with him. The offer must be made with good intentions, a person can be under only one spiritual covenant at a time.

-- Result: Fan instantly becomes aware of the covenant. The person is immediately and permanently imbued with the ability to create and manipulate water, space, and time in minor, cantrip-like ways. They can also always perceive Fan, and they can communicate with the nature spirit telepathically regardless of distance. The person can offer to perform minor services on behalf of Fan, but he dictates the nature of the service; any such service must be something the person could reasonably and successfully complete by devoting a few hours to it, and it must fall under the purview of water, space, and/or time. Of course, the nature spirit will most likely have the services be something like "use your new powers to brighten someone's day."

-- Growth: Each time a person successfully completes a service on behalf of Fan, both the person's spiritual power and that of Fan grow just a bit. Again, the greater the magnitude of the service the person performs, the more they and Fan become stronger. It is a veritable mutual symbiosis that is a win-win for both parties.

Note that a person's spiritual growth from completing minor services in a covenant, which will just be helping people in their everyday lives for a few hours, applies to all of the person's powers, not just the imbued water/space/time powers. Also note that the growth can be "specialized" towards one of those fields if so desired, so one can focus on improving their preexisting powers, or perhaps focus on just space or time. This seldom conflicts with preexisting powers; even fire and water blend well to produce steam magic.)

"That doesn't sound to hard, what do you mean by space-measuring object though?" asked Ishtar curiously, not sure of what the boy meant by that. Lizzy just chuckled at the boy, "Never mind, I'll explain what I meant after she finishes" replied Lizzy telepathically.

@Federoff

"Oh, you know... things that measure space, distances, directions, positions, stuff like that!" the merboy happily explains with bubbles rising from his watery hair. "A ruler, a compass, measuring tape, a map, a globe, a GPS, a phone with GPS capabilities... you have a whole lot of options!"

"It can be cheap stuff if you want, but remember that the offerings get sent off to someone in the world who needs them most," lifting a fog-shrouded finger as his spectral orb pulses with a happy, baby blue light, "so if you send something nice and high-quality, then people will appreciate it!"

@Federoff @Queen of Fantasy @OrenjiGatsu

"How does it sound, Lizzy, Ishtar, Nal, Ms. Rosey, Ms. Elsa, Ms. Softwer, Ms. Bilious?" the nature spirit asks all the young ladies and the one jackal-boy present. "Whether you want me to do the minor services or whether you want to get some magic of your own and help the world, I can provide it!" Fan proudly proclaims with a golden-braceleted hand over his Egyptian-jewelry-covered chest.

"And if you make a covenant now, the space magic can even apport onto you a cool costume that can look like whatever you want!" he adds while opening up several chromatic-water-bordered scrying windows that showcase myriad dazzling outfits in exotic styles, some even Egyptian-themed so as to appeal to Ishtar and Nal, some reminiscent of Ignisian wear for Lizzy, and some lupine-esque for Softwer.

Nal looked to Ishtar before they both nodded at each other before looking back at Fan, all three of them nodding in unison(Including Lizzy). "I'll collect the stuff for me and Ishtar, we would like it if you gift Egypt with rain" stated Nal, Ishtar nodding in agreement. "And then I can tell you something important" stated Lizzy to Fan with a mischievous grin on her face.

@Federoff

Fan's mouth goes agape for a moment, as though in disbelief. A look of realization slowly crosses his face, before the merboy beams up into the widest of smiles. Arcs of water cross ear to elfin ear, and his phantasmal sphere shines with a brilliant, cool light.

"Yes! This is going to be my first service ever!" the nature spirit ecstatically cheers, performing an undulating dance and pumping a fog-and-bubble-emitting fist into the air. "Thank you so, so much, Ishtar, Mr. Nal! You will so not regret this!"

Taking the initiative to provide the items for the Anubites, a cup of water, a ruler, and a sandglass all apport themselves in a spray of fine mist atop Ishtar's desk.

"But remember, Ishtar, Mr. Nal, I can only do this for a few hours each day, and each one is its own service that takes offerings!" Fan reminds the twins. "If you forge a covenant with me for powers of your own, then you can be the ones to give rain to both Egypt and the underworld, and make the Nile an even more prosperous river!" the merboy elucidates with dramatic gravitas and a scrying window opening to the banks of the Nile.

"How would you like that too, Ishtar, Mr. Nal?" the nature spirit offers with an undercurrent of begging; it seems as though he is on the verge of being upset if the covenant is turned down too.

"And, ummm... what is it, Lizzy?" Fan telepathically transmits, tilting his head. "Would you like services or a covenant too?"

"Sure Fany" replied the Anubite girl with a smile, her tail wagging back and forth now. Nal nodded, pleased that he would be able to give Egypt something to sustain itself; "It will not be often, but Rain will be appreciated in our land" replied the boy respectfully before moving to the desk with the items placed on it. "Ishtar, I think you will have to get up" teased the boy, Ishtar playfully pouting as a retort before laughing and moving to the desk, both ready to preform the ritual to the boy.

(Last post for tonight, wont be able to post till late tomorrow; got school and practice D:)

@Federoff

Fan's blue eyes continue to stay wide and alight with excitement. His whole mer-form trembles with anticipation as he observes the small ritual about to be played out.

"Please, do not be shy!" Ironic coming from the bashful nature spirit, really. "Nothing bad will happen, I swear! I can accept your request for rain for your homeland, I can forge the covenant to grant you the basic set of powers," smiling over to Ishtar who just accepted it, "and then I can go and perform the service!"

"This will be such a good day for all of us!" Fan's smile settles down into a sedate, content one. The nature spirit lets his gaze drift over to the three offerings and losing himself in their comforting presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back