~About throwing a punch~

Jigoku

Vagabond

364f3bb9666a9e57458b9ab68bb4e912.gif

Intro:

Hello my fellow RP Nation Rpers, my name is Jigoku. Just as a warning, I'm going to say some stuff here for a second so you know what I'm all about. If you don't care what I'm all about, then firstly, LMFAOOO! Secondly, scroll on down to that first link, click, read, then come on back to do some more reading. You may not want to read it, but I promise that it's only in your best interest. Now, for those of you who stuck around, the main reason I've put this thread together is because I think this community needs just a little bit of suggestion.

If you read my little introduction thing I posted a few days ago, then you know that "
My favorite part of RP is gritty, one on one, fighting." With that being said, I am stating my open dislike for "Dice." Oh lord, I won't even go on about Dice because you'll die before you even get to the information. While this is true, I'm still very open minded and do accept the fact that Dice is used in RPs. It's a style, everyone has their own style. And to be completely honest, Dice is in fact more suited for certain RPs. In short, I'm striving to pose an Absolutely Gorgeous alternative to Dice that makes fighting in RP run smoothly between two generally aware RPers. This thread is about throwing a punch, and how it should go down in RP according to a very simple and logical style.

I know that some of us here are lovers, and not fighters, but even lovers have haters who want to murder them without even a thought of having mercy. So I recommend that all who enter this thread read to the end.

Down to Business:

Alright, before we get into filling the holes, there is a divine link that you should familiarize yourself with. Normally I'd rework the information to make it simpler, but it's that damned good. Yes, so good that anyone can read the raw material without the slightest problem. So here it is without any further delay:

~ Divine Link ~

Now that you've finished with all that jazz, we enter the realm of clean-up. I know that some of you are already perfectly aware of what T1 is at this point, but there is still the equally important group of people who need some holes filled. If you feel like you got this, it's pretty much just perusing for you at this point. But just read that outro for me.

Intro in a T1 Fight:

tumblr_mmcl8wO6Id1r26jxbo1_500.gif

What are they talking about with these intros? Well, the way it is tackled on Scribd.com is as though you are participating in a tournament or spar. This means that Player A enters the arena, describing their appearance, weapons, etc., then Person B does the same before the fight actually starts, giving Person A the first attack. In Most RPs, doing such an extensive "introduction ---> introduction ---> Battle commence" pattern is not necessary. In fact, you can attack your opponent without an introduction at all if you feel like it.

Why, Jigoku? What is this madness?

Thank you for asking, sentient consciousness. Well, the reason for this is because people don't do that crap in real life, they just attack your ass. Being that
Most RPs have "character sheets," other Rpers will already know the information that you'd usually state in a T1 matchup. This allows you to bypass the tedious intro. With that being said, at least one of the fighters MUST specify the time of day, weather, and terrain UNLESS it's already implied based on other posts or extra information. This job usually goes to the first attacker in order to keep things organized. Now moving on, you cannot do this:

"Big Joe attacks Big Mama with a brick in his hand, aiming his strike at the back of her head. Due to Big Mama being turned around, the strike connected and she was killed. Big Joe then proceeds to teabag Big Mama for being a noob."

200_s.gif

"No."

Na fam, that's not how it goes down. My example is extreme, but I'll break it down. This is incorrect for two main reasons. Barring any previous information stated, we don't know how Big Joe got behind Big Mama. Unless Big Joe is capable of Instant Transmission like Son Goku, then it's impossible for him to hit Big Mama without explicitly stating that he first approached the woman. This gives the other character a chance to somehow notice someone approaching them if they are capable of doing so. Secondly, where does Big Joe get this brick from, (remember, we're assuming that no previous information was stated) unless he can perform Brick Manifestation, or just carries a brick in his hand 24/7, then he has no brick to fight with. I assume you see where I'm going with this, T1 fighting entails the basic laws of reality, only modified based on what characters are capable of within their respective RP universe.

In depth Hypotheticals:

Mastering the art of Hypothetical attacking is the key to victory within T1 fighting. Landing an attack often leads to momentarily disabling or harming a foe, which allows you to initiate a COMBO! Combos are beautiful because a combo can be potentially fight ending. This is what makes T1 exciting, it forces a person to plan their defense whilst they are also attacking their enemy. Attacking recklessly allows an opponent to easily dodge or counter, which will quickly lead to the death of the reckless one.

What one must be aware of when stating their hypotheticals is the laws of basic physics. These physics relate to not only an RP universe's reality, but also what a certain character can do realistically. It's time for another example to demonstrate my point:

"Big Joe, now beside Big Mama, uses his left leg to kick her in the head. But this wasn't Big Mama's only worry because Big Joe prepared for her defense. If Big Mama ducked under the kick, Big Joe would lift his right leg to instead kick her directly on the chin."

Um-NO-GIF.gif

Once again, Big Joe is having problems. I'm sure that you've already caught on to the problem here, but if not, here it is. It is physically impossible to perform the hypothetical stated by Big Joe. If you throw a kick with your left leg and someone ducks under it, there is no way in hell that you will lift your right leg to kick them in the chin during that series of actions. That is, unless you have a character who is capable of flight or some other supernatural ability that allows them to bend their limbs beyond the limits of human physiology. You must be aware of what can realistically happen at all times when stating hypotheticals. This is a must when participating in T1 fights.

~ Sub: Defense ~

This fact relates to defending yourself as well. It will be impossible for a Human to deflect an Atom Bomb with their sheer skill in the art of swordsmanship. On the flip-side of that intense example, there are limitations on what a body can take. If a 300 pound (136.078 Kg) man sits on a 90 pound (40.8233 Kg) man, that man will be crushed to death, regardless of whether he tried to catch the larger man or not. This is a hands down, no questions asked, fact. There are some things that simply aren't debatable in the real world. These things must be acknowledged in T1 to keep an RP immersive. It's simple concept, and I know that you get it.

EX. Unless Big Joe has the swordsmanship ability of Ichigo Kurosaki, he will not be deflecting more than one bullet with his sword. And even deflecting one bullet is pushing "highly trained" human boundaries.

Extra:

I'll be quick about saying this, real time T1 RP fights generally run in a linear fashion. This means that if your information comes across as ambiguous, or you make a mistake with one of your statements, you won't be given the chance to edit your post. In fact, editing a post is frowned upon in T1 combat because it demonstrates a lack of dedication to your post. I personally don't feel this way, and will allow a person to edit their post as many times as they need to before I post my response. However, not everyone is that nice.

In a T1 fight, if Person A says
"A threw a punch at B's face, attempting to break his nose." and does not offer any further information, Person B is given full range over how they interpret the post. Their next post is now allowed to go something like this:

"B evaded the punch easily, moving his head aside so that A's hand would meet nothing but air. B would then raise his arms to catch A's limb, breaking it at the elbow with a singular motion."

Yes, it's legal, and it will be done to you if you refuse to put effort into your posts. This is how it works in real life, so this is how it works in T1 style combat. I know this comes across as an auto-hit, but it really isn't. If two men of similar strength were fighting, what was described above is exactly what would happen in real life, especially if Person B's character is a martial artist. This is the simplest thing to understand, so I saved it for last. But it is also one of the most important things to understand. You must commit at least 70% of your effort to your post if you want your character to come across as even slightly capable in a fight, which really isn't too much to ask (in my opinion of course).

Outro:

Alright, now to finish things off. Admittedly, this is not as much detail as I can go into about T1, but I don't want this to appear overbearing. I present this thread as an alternative to Dice, and as a suggestion for those Group Owners who are wondering about how to moderate combat within their groups. I've personally been using T1 for most of my RP career, and it has only helped me become a better RPer.

This style of fighting in RP is
NOT for everyone, and it is NOT for the simple RPer. This is not me saying that strictly simple RPers are banned from being aware of T1 and learning, I'm just saying that it will serve you no purpose due to the style of RP you take part in. T1 is geared towards the Descriptive Rper, and is strongly recommended for the Casual RPer who wants to step up their game. Now, finally, there are probably some lingering questions here and there, So don't hesitate to ask, I'll try to be as helpful as possible. Also, if you have done T1 before, feel free to drop some knowledge. I'm only one person, so I can make mistakes and my answers are not on the status of ultimatum. What I say is based on how I learned. Also, if I have some typos.... Let me know, lol~

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like vary much like to learn more about T1 for general knowledge and preparation in case i run into something like the examples above,also for combat id like to add to rps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back