Abel's Ship

The carver was uncomfortable at best. The stasis fluid still coating the inside of his respiratory system and his mighty appetite was definitely not helping. He groaned and flipped onto his back. He laid like that ragged breathing before giving a hoarse bark and spitting the fluid that entered his mouth onto the metal flooring...

Metal flooring. His next act was, while vandalism, was thoughtless instinct.

The sharp tip of his pincer only stopped for a moment before piercing through the metal plating of the floor. Then, he gripped the metal and lethargically pulled a strip of torn metal from the floor with the metal only screeching in protest momentarily. He brought the metal to his mandibles and began letting a black vapor pour from them onto the metal. It was a digestive enzyme that weakened and dulled the metal so that his series of prehensile jaws could tear it apart as it entered his gullet.

He slowly tore down the strip with a happy buzz.

The carver was uncomfortable at best. The stasis fluid still coating the inside of his respiratory system and his mighty appetite was definitely not helping. He groaned and flipped onto his back. He laid like that ragged breathing before giving a hoarse bark and spitting the fluid that entered his mouth onto the metal flooring...

Metal flooring. His next act was, while vandalism, was thoughtless instinct.

The sharp tip of his pincer only stopped for a moment before piercing through the metal plating of the floor. Then, he gripped the metal and lethargically pulled a strip of torn metal from the floor with the metal only screeching in protest momentarily. He brought the metal to his mandibles and began letting a black vapor pour from them onto the metal. It was a digestive enzyme that weakened and dulled the metal so that his series of prehensile jaws could tear it apart as it entered his gullet.

He slowly tore down the strip with a happy buzz. (Changed it to he for the sake of convenience)

Leena giggled at Zera joke her laugh a bit robotic yet very much humanlike "Koyya? Orios?" She repeated "I have no idea where that could be.. I'm a.." she struggled for words "..you could say I'm new to this whole space thing.. I built my ship and just floated about the earth system for a few years.." she continued "..fixing ships.. rebuilding core generators.. thermal cells.. stealing sh-" she bit her tongue and quickly put her hands over her mouth and looked again at Zera quickly relaxing "..well you know.. ordinary stuff.."

She looked at his coupon collection and burst out laughing "Ha! You sure have a delightful sense of humor for a little blue.. guy".

The ship suddenly began to alarm the status panel as the creature recently out of stasis began to chew on the ship. She turned her head towards the back of the ship then towards Abel "eeeh that doesn't sound good.." 

@Shammy the Shamrock @EchoNightwish @GreenBirdie

ABEL

Abel, who had been fiddling with the console in front of him, looks over at Leena and gives her a small smile. "I don't mind at all! It's a good thing to like when you're in space. If it won't bore Zera, we can talk about it while we're out at the market." Abel then turns to Zera. Abel's eyes widen in pleasant surprise and he starts to laugh, shaking his head. Once he finishes laughing he says "Zera, you're great." before turning back to the console with a grin on his face. He hears what Leena was about to say, so he turns to look at her but before he can get a word out the console beeps. He quickly brings a video feed up of the airlock that is displayed on the windshield(?) that separates the bridge and space, audio of his chewing and humming ringing through the room. Abel watches it for sometime before speaking. "No, it doesn't, and it doesn't look good either. But at least we know what he eats. Zera, could you ask him to stop eating for now and that we'll bring him some soon? Leena, we can take down the walls that separate some of the empty rooms and give the metal to the thing," Abel says, getting to his feet. "then we can buy more from the market." He closes the video feed and walks out of the room.

@Lexx @Shammy the Shamrock @EchoNightwish

Last edited by a moderator:

Zera

Zera nodded and moved his vest to reveal his gun.  He put it on the console "Just in case it tries to eat it or think I'm hostile.  Don't touch, I've set it to go supernova from others touch."  That wasn't true but he knew that, they probably didn't.  He went to the beast and sat down next to him.  'Buddy.  Mind not eating the floors?  Just wait a little, there's only so much metal here.'

@EchoNightwish @GreenBirdie @Lexx

The humming turns to a horrid chewing breaking sound and light hisses. 

She turns back at Abel and unstraps the buckles holding her to the seat with a few clicks and gets up "Yes.. right.." she stutters. 

She walks past Abel back towards the tool boxes. She finds a tool belt and puts it around her waist placing her laser cutter and a few other hand tools. She then opens up a larger box to reveal a plasma cutter and whistles "Very nice.. diamond drive and infinite jucie.."she takes the tool in her hands and nods in agreement. 

Taking her newly acquired cutter and placing her welding helmet on her head she begins cutting down walls and flooring of one of the empty rooms on the ship. Cutting them up into pieces large enough to carry. Buzzing and metallic sounds echoing throughout the ship. 

Once 2 walls were taken down she takes up as much as she can carry and starts towards the airlock "I really hope this thing doesn't eat a hole through this ship..." she says to herself a bit worried.

ABEL

He lifts a chunk of metal and starts walking alongside her. Oh yeah, feel the burn. Overhearing what Leena says, he hums in thought before speaking in a slightly strained voice. "It should be fine. Even if he does, it can always be repaired." Even if it could possibly be a problem, it's better not to worry her, he thinks. He pauses for a moment. "What were you going to say earlier, before you stopped talking?"

@Lexx @Shammy the Shamrock

Leena looks straight ahead, the pieces of metal rubbing against eachother in her arms and her boots heavy against the steel walkways. 

"Yeah.. I guess you're right.." she says assuringly "..I mean how much steel can an alien eat anyway?" 

She quickly looks at him after his question "Y-ou heard that?" She says as if wishing he didn't but then quickly regained herself with a sigh and re arranging the metal in her arms "I guess there's no point in keeping it such a big secret.." she says finally "..I used to steal ships and sell them in the underground market.." she said assertively "..times were tough.. the only friends I had after leaving earth were that team.. we were quite the thieves". 

As they approached the airlock she dropped all the steel not too far from the entrance "I left.." she continued "..at first it was simple robbery.. but it slowly became murder.. torture.." her voice becoming as cold as her limbs "..soon enough we weren't stealing just thermal cores and credit chips.. we began stealing information.. kidnapping children.. assassinating.." she turns to look at Abel "I was in it for the technology I always dreamed of you know? The pay was good.. I wanted to build a warp drive and get the hell out of the Earth system. That never happened.." she decided to stop there before she began to clearly omit names "Anyway.." she looked at the airlock entrance "what's the plan?" 

@GreenBirdie 

ABEL 

He stayed silent the whole time, his eye brows furrowed and face forward as Lenna tells him the story. As she ends and they step into the final hallway, he says "...We'll talk about that later." He readjusts the metal he's holding as Leena asks what the plan is. "It's not complicated. We'll bring all of the metal, and Zera can talk with it for a bit while it eats if that's what it wants. It should sate the creature enough for us to go to the market and buy what's needed before we head back to the ship and relax for a while." Once they reach the door, he lays the metal down to the side and opens the door between the airlock's inner door and the rest of the ship. He lifts the metal off the floor again with a quiet grunt and steps into the room. "We're here, Zera!" he calls. The airlock inner door is open, so the four can all see each other.

@Lexx @Shammy the Shamrock @EchoNightwish

The creature, absent mindedly flicking shards of alloy into his maw sat up quickly when Zera entered and hummed complacency before laying back down. When Zera approached and sat next to him, he pulled the fellow xeno against his side with his forearm without hesitation, and then froze when Zera spoke. For a moment he looked at the floor and then the strip of metal before breaking out in laughter, "I'm sorry my friend! I wasnt even thinking to be honest." Before the others came in with a heap of scrap and he stared silently for a moment, taking time to figure out that they were bringing it for him and then delving further into laughter, dropping the metal strip and pounding his knuckles against the flooring in unabashed joy.

It lasted a tad, but eventually he was able to get out, "You are great. But to be honest," Grabbing the strip of metal he had dropped and positioning his pincer over a portion, "That much could last me a year, I really should only neeeeeed," Clipping the strip and taking the smaller of the two pieces, "This much for the rest of the month. Alloy is just a dietary supplement for my shell, my main diet is filled with meat and fluids." He laid back and sighed, "I apologize for the unconscious vandalism, and if you want I'd be willing to help you out with whatever you need if you give me a place to stay." His hum took on a low, somber tone after a second, "I am just... Lost."

@Lexx

@Shammy the Shamrock

@GreenBirdie

Zera

Zera's was surprised by his friends new joy around him.  He looked at the others and waved "Heya."  He listened to the creature before speaking again "He took a month supply.  He uses the metal for his shell while the rest of the time is meat or fluids.  He apologized for vandalism and will help any way you can as long as you give him a stay."

@GreenBirdie @Lexx @EchoNightwish

ABEL

Abel drops the metal onto the floor and he looks up at Zera as he talks, a little surprised at the affection the creature already displays for Zera despite only knowing each other for a short time. When Zera finishes, he only asks "...Really?" before looking down at the metal he just hauled. He smiles, then looks back up. "That's great news. I really wouldn't have liked to feed a creature that ate metal and ate as often as humans do. But if it eats that little and it's willing to work on the ship, let it know that I welcome him onto the ship." Abel looks over to Leena. "Do you think you could repair the damage he did to the ship's hull with the metal we just brought?" He thinks for a moment, and then turns back to Zera again. "It is male, right? Could you ask if he has a name?"

@Lexx @Shammy the Shamrock @EchoNightwish

She's a bit startled at the aliens laughter and apparent joy "eh? What is he laughing at?" She then listened to Zera and her face of confusion became one of annoyance. She drops the metal and sits down on top of the small pile of metal she just cut up "Are you kidding me?" She said a bit defeated with a sigh "Well.. at least he doesn't eat steel often.. I don't want to know what would happen if he became hungry and I was the only pile metal around.." 

She listened to Abels request attentively "Yeah.. I guess I could manage.. I think there's enough solder core to power the laser too." She looks up at the creature her arms resting on her knees "Yes! Id very much like to know his.. or.. her name" Then he looks at Zera and smiles innocently "Introduce us little blue!"  

@Shammy the Shamrock @GreenBirdie @EchoNightwish

Zera

Zera laughed and looked over at his alien friend 'They want to know your gender and name.  Seems they find you interestin.  Also the guy said welcome aboard,' his antenna dropped back down as he looked at the others.  "Glad you picked up a translator, right?"

@Lexx @GreenBirdie @EchoNightwish

He shook his head at the xeno and stood, planting his fist on the ground and heaving himself onto his talons and hunched over saying clearly with a tone of absolution as if it was nothing but fact, "I am a Carver of Utau, we are born without sex and am given no name. We are the demons, the ultimate sinners, we bear the burden of our kind. Giving us sex or names is giving the monster the power of deception," It crawled towards the others and pressed its arms between them to push it's way past without betraying a single shred of emotion.

She remained sitting down on the heap of rubble she created looking up at the carver then before she could say anything else it began speaking again in such a strange tongue. All she could do was tilt her head some and squint a bit. 

Once he was finished talking she got up quickly and put her hand out joyously "Well! I believe we've been to a rough start! How about we make up and start fresh!" 

As the carver paced past them she shrugged and mumbled "Well.. I just suck at making new friends.." she sighed.

She started towards the main deck and sat on one of the two pilot seats "Now let's see.. I'm sure Abel wouldn't mind us getting to the X-35 sector ahead of schedule.. after all.. I'm hungry." Her stomach grumbled as she pressed a few buttons as they emitted a 'beep' sound. 

She excitedly called into the intercom trying to sound like a man "Err.. roger.. who's roger? never mind.. ahem.. we will be departing to 'noodle world' shortly and uh just wanted to let you all know to uh.... hang on to something! we depart at 3... 1... and... 3!!!!" She pressed the hyperspace button and the ship blasted towards its calculated destination.

(*Giving this RP CPR *.*)

Zera

Zera looked as his alien friend walked away.  "He said he doesn't have either."  The alien heard of food and raced over to Leena.  "I don't think it's best to touch anything."  But it was too late as the ship was sent off on there destination.  Zera held his hat, running to the other chair to get a good view of there surroundings.  

@Lexx @EchoNightwish @GreenBirdie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back