• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ABC's of Death

Celeste-Ominous

Lord of love and rage.

bf8bea3a3169d053886aa6e810bc7935.jpg

ABC's of Death
Dystopian Future | Free Roam World | Mature Teens+

In Hell, hundreds of years into the future, a problem far more urgent than any of those that dwell there have encountered before, has come. The inevitable end of the world. On the surface two more wars have occurred, government is now nonexistent, fertility rates are dismal. And all that's left of the human race can do, is fight, struggle, die, and nothing changes.

Though not one demon is panicking due to their trust in their ruler. The Devil has already started what no god could do, an ingenious plan to save the Earth, and his kingdom. An order is relayed across the land and the Grim Reaper answers, creating a small group of reapers to follow their lord's orders; To find and possess a human vessel with strong will and heart, to fight through and eradicate all evil on Earth.

On the surface, in the middle of an empty field, the ground darkens as black water bursts from the ground and begins to pool in a circle, stopping once big enough. As the water stills, thirteen figures begin to claw their way out of the black sludge and pull themselves up to the surface until all thirteen stand or crouch there silently. Having done its job, the black sludge retreats back into the ground, leaving the newly born reapers to do their job.

And at that same moment, thirteen unsuspecting men and women across the war torn land, go about their days as usual. And it's up to the reapers to find them, their vessels.

-

Introduction post time! Everyone must do one before we start up, and you can only post once both your reaper's and human's name are on the coffins below, and your cs has been liked by me.

Here's what you have to do.

Have your reaper go find your human, and possess them. Remember, the human can fight against the reaper's will, but not against the possession, so there shouldn't be a fight there. You can be as descriptive as possible, and if descriptive doesn't suit you, go for short and sweet, but please try okay?

The possession can occur however you wish, in front of others, while they're alone. The process can be painful and drawn out, or sudden and painless. I don't care, be creative! I encourage it!

After the first posts are done, I'll do another post describing where all the reapers are meeting, and from there I'll just rp along you guys.

code by spookie spookie
Untitled_n1.png

Untitled_N1_1.png

Untitled_NU_1.png

Untitled_N_1.png

coffin_blackout_hiu2.png

coffin_blackout_hi1.png

Last edited:
Percy was laying down on the dirty and dusty floor of his current living situation. He had recently awoken from his surprisingly calm and collected sleep, though it was still very early in the morning. He had used some hay strands from a stable further back on his journey as a makeshift cot and pillow, with his purple hoodie as a blanket. Oh well, its better than sleeping directly on the hard wooden floor of a crumbling department store. After carefully picking up his glasses from beside him, and decided to do his regular morning routine. At least, the current one. Hes stood up, shook his hoodie to dispel any hay and dust from the floor. He quickly left the room he was currently in (which he assumed it to be the living, being it the largest room in the home), and entered the room north of it, a study of som sort. In the corner he had laid out his supplies for surviving in this makeshift home for a little while, which included a notepad, a #2 Pencil, a mediocre sized backpack with other things in it (though mostly food), a cloth to clean his glasses, and a long cut stick, which Percy used as a Bo staff if needed, though he tried to avoid these types of situations all together.

Puen was one of the first to stand up after being created. With an already set mission in his freshly-born mind, he began his journey to find a suitable host. Along the journey, Puen decided on a form to take that suited him well. That of a plague doctor from the olden times, where sickness made survivors weary of their friends, and victims died helplessly. That, though, was not the reason for his choice. The mask and the dark clothing covering any features a doctor might regularly have, though, and it was automatically the chosen form. And soon, after probably a few hours of searching, Puen found the one. A human, of course, but not some ruthless one. In fact, if he could understand it to be so, they both had a knack for strategy. The humans name...was not known. The only thing that emanated from him was his aura of strategy, and nothing else. This alone meant he had a strong force of willpower. This was good enough for him, so he waited for the human to awaken, for he time to strike.

Percy crouched down, and counted out his supplies to make sure no wild animals had taken any (though he doubted they could get through his barricades, but your never too careful), and stood up once. He entered the kitchen. There were only a few tings he had found in here when he had first arrived. Some rusty old cans, a dirty spool of string, and a few rotten morsels of food in a refrigerator that didn't work. As Percy was contemplating this, he hadn't noticed the shadow walking behind, which looked very similar to that of an olden plague doctor. Percy remembered how he had used the items in the kitchen for a sort of alarm bell by putting the strong in the top crack of the door, tied to one of the cans so if the door as open- Everything. Went. Cold.

Percy turned around. He was in some sort of black abyss with nothing in it except him. He wondered if he had died, and this was purgatory or something.
"I assure you, you are not dead." Percy quickly did a 180 to see something extremely unsettling. A man (or something dressed like one), which wore a grey-ish plague mask, a black wide brimmed hat, two thick black gloves, and a long, tark black trench coat. "Hello, human. My name is Puen. I, am an underling of the Grim Reaper, freshly created along with twelve other to save this wretched place." Percy was shocked. The Grim Reaper? "Yes, Hi, nice to meet you, but, uh, WHAT TO THE HELL JUST HAPPENED TO ME?!?" The plague doctor, or "Puen" as he called himself, didn't flinch at these words, or at least didn't show it from behind his mask. "Please try and calm yourself. I know this may seem a bit overwhelming, but you must understand. My reaper form cannot be held for combat and such events, so I must use a body. A vessel. You're the best one I've found so far, so I will be with you. Remember: I'm trying to save your world, as well as others also, so please be cooperative." To be honest, that didn't sound like an unfair deal to Percy. Reapers come, possess people, but instead of wreaking havoc, share with he humans and try and save the apocalyptic earth. "Okay," said Percy with his composure already re-situated. "You can use my body with struggle ONLY if we share consciousness. If we can do that, that is."

Puen opened his eyes in his body. He squinted for a moment before looking himself over, and realizing he had glasses on, insinuating he also had seeing problems. That was fine, no problem there. He rolled back his shoulders, stretching our his newly awoken muscles and joints He walked through the kitchen into the room Percy had made a makeshift sleeping area in. "He's smart. Thats a good thing. Anyone else and I probably would have ended up with an idiot."

Melody
9a1443eee9a94eebd3cf732fceb7bbf0--merfolk-sea-creatures.jpg

Melody gasped, her gills expanding as she slowly emerged from the black sludge. She crawled her way out, dragging her tailed lower half as her purple eyes took in everything. A slow grin spread. Teeth, sharp as knives, were exposed as red lips meant to entice were pulled back.

Her hair was a deep shade of purple to match her eyes, but its locks were sullied with the black sludge. And when she blinked… it was a clear lid that flitted over her, much like a fish. Her tail heavily resembled that of a shark. Her skin was smooth looking but taking a closer glance and one could tell it was not skin but very fine scales that glittered and shone except where the sludge left its mark. Her expression was that of a cat who had finally caught the bird.

“What an interesting place. Well then… everyone, I’ll see you later sporting a pair of legs.” She laughed, a soft pleasant sound that contradicted everything else about the demon woman. Her form fell away into a puddle that, at least as a reaper, could travel through the ground and find sources of water.

Snow

3654a748446291042bbcb120cbc56654.jpg

Snow woke up slowly, the sounds of splashing the cause for the early stirring. Her small arms pushed her up, a huff escaping her mouth as she yawned big and loud, stretching out like a kitten. The palette of cloth and rags and furrs was a warm nest Snow did not want to leave… and the girl heavily considered going back to it if not for the splashing. She stood, running a hand through her poorly cut short hair. The blonde locks were smooth but one shade darker due to dirt. Snow saved the washing of it for special occasions, not wanting to waste the precious water down here in her cave. Her skin was pale, almost to the point of being sickly, since she did not see the sun much.

Growing herbs and plants meant she had to stay hidden to keep them safe. Bandits and thieves would gladly kill her for the rare items here. A crack in the cave's ceiling shone down a healthy amount of sunlight on her precious garden patch. Kneeling beside them, she smiled and tended to one before the splashing happened again.

“What is that?” Snow muttered, confused as she stood to make her way slowly over to the water's edge. The surface was rippling from the center, a slightly unusual sight… Snow kneeled beside the edge, chewing on her lip. Her eyes had found another pair in the water. Terror struck her heart but she knew she had to stay strong… for her plants. For herself.

“W-who are you? You can’t be in there. You need to leave. I-...I’m warning you!”

The most pleasant voice Snow had ever heard responded.
“You are so brave in the face of fear. What’s your name?” It purred out, so sweet… so lovely… Snow didn’t even realize she was relaxing… sliding her legs in the water. “Um… Snow. It’s Snow. You really can’t be here you know. If you’re hungry I can give you some things back in my gar-” She was cut off as the woman moved closer, revealing her whole head.

“Hungry, I am famished! You are very kind Snow, to offer a strange woman some of your precious food. How sweet…” The woman laughed and Snow did as well, smiling now.

“Oh thank you. I… well I just… you seem so nice. I do give out food to those in the town a couple miles away, those who look like they are starving… I can’t find it in me to not help.”
The woman sighed and Snow did as well, grinning. What a lovely stranger she had found.

“What’s your name? I um… told you mine. So what’s yours?”

“I’d feel more comfortable telling you if you got in the water with me. It is so lovely in here.”

Snow paused but her defenses were gone, and so she got in the water. It only came up to her waist since it wasn’t that deep… how was that woman so far in? Snow quirked her head to the side, opening her mouth to ask when the woman spoke again.

“Snow I like you. You are so… sweet, brave… a strong heart you might say. I know you have willpower because most people would have gotten in without me asking. I’ve done this a couple times today… but now I found you. You’re absolutely perfect! That skin… no sun damage. Your hair could use some touch ups but you are quite lovely to look at.”

The woman was rambling as Snow was beckoned by her webbed hands to come closer. Slowly, the woman began to circle her. Oh… she had a tail… how… odd… Snow was trying to think… think why she felt so afraid and terrified but… oh this woman was so lovely when she spoke. Oh so lovely… Snow smiled, turning in the water to keep eye contact, a bit… desperate now.

“All the others will probably not even care about how they’ll look. Girl or boy. No… I knew it, when the Devil gave me orders I was just created sure but I knew I had to have a girl. I wanted one. And a pretty one. God, all the ugly woman with missing teeth, too thin, too tall, too… just… oh Snow it was so hard.” She pouted and Snow pouted as well. “Oh that is so sad. I’m truly sorry you had to go through that…”

“Melody.” Melody was suddenly right in front of her, her soft wet webbed hand sliding over her cheek, pushing away her hair. Oh what a lovely smile. What a lovely name… “I think I love you Melody… Why? Why can’t I move?” Snow whispered, her green eyes meeting purple.

“Because I’m about to possess you Snow. You’d like that right?”

Snow nodded, her eyes fluttering closed in a blissful sigh as Melody gently began pulling them into the waters depths, the water now to her chin. How had Snow not known it went this deep? How wei- Melody was holding her hands. Oh how nice.

“I’d love that...” Snow whispered before she was pulled underwater. She kept her mouth shut and held her breath, the spell wearing off a bit as she tried to get back to the surface… but it was too late. She saw all of Melody now. The purple eyes going completely black like a shark… the pointed teeth pulled back in a too wide grin… the tail… oh god what had she just been saying?!

“See! Snow no one breaks my enchantments. You just did… oh how perfect. You are perfect. I want you even more now! I’ve always wanted to be a blonde.” Melody laughed and suddenly was clawing at Snow’s mouth, opening it as water flooded into her lungs, drowning her. Melody was gone. It was only Snow as she thrashed in the watery depth, choking on water as it began to consume her, fill her, kill her… Her vision blurred… and she went limp… sinking further into the inky black depths.

A Couple Moments later…

The water was still. Silence except for a dripping sounded out… and then hell broke loose. Snow gasped, coming out of the inky black, clawing her way to the banks as she coughed up the ponds water, heaving until she rolled on her back, laying there. Her pants sounded out now, echoing in the cave. A slow laugh escaped her. Then another. Then another. She sat up, looking at her hands, her feet! “Oh feet! Legs! I love it.” Melody whispered, Snow’s green eyes taking everything in with a small coy smile.

“Well now… let’s have some fun.”

Last edited:
~Ea~

Forcefully did the small reaper push their way out of the oozing black sludge, wanting to experience the world that they where created to see. The sludge piled onto the reaper, making odd squishing noises as they trudged through.

After what felt like forever to the reaper, a bright light illimunated their surroundings. To the newly created reaper, it was blinding at first, somewhat hurting their invisable eyes. As suddenly as it came did the light shrink away, revealing vivid colours that made the reaper look around in awe.

Sure, the sight wasn't that spectacular, but to the reaper, it was beautiful. It was unlike the dark, murky goop that they had just walked through.

Speaking of which,

The reaper glanced down, examining their new body. Bits of the goo was still stuck onto what looked like fraying cloth, and boy, did the gunk reek. They glanced down a bit more, seeing that the fabric was bunched up into ruffles that made their was up the reaper's body.

Then, something came to them. An idea? No, their orders.

They looked up yet again, taking in this sight one last time, before sprinting off to who knows where, searching for their human.

Danielle ''Danny'' Roberts

With a yawn, a human lifted themselves out of a makeshift bed, being mostly comprised of plastic, and hardly any fabric.

They slightly swayed as they glanced around their house, which was an wrecked apartment building, with the top floors ripped off. The only thing that remained was the lobby area, which was a pretty decent size for a house.

Sunlight filtered though the makeshift roof Danny had horribly sewn, making the dark room fill with a small bit of light, just enough that Danny could see around.

They then stood up, stretching their arms out to their sides, letting their sore muscles stretch, and contract. After a few minutes of doing so, the human saw something that caught their eye.

In a corner away from their bed was a cluster of shadow that billowed out like smoke. A horrid stench wafted through the air, like that of dying animals and feces.

Terrified, the human knelt down to where their makeshift sculpting tools where kept, picking up one with a extremely sharp edge, and tightly gripped onto it.

''The hell are you?!'' they asked, not giving a flying fudgecake that their voice was consumed by fear. ''This place is mine, you hear?! If you want your own, go look around!''

Whatever was lurking in the shadows didn't move an inch.

''Alright, get your ass out from there!'' Danny yelled. ''I really don't want to start my day out by fighting another one of you wanders!''

Slowly, the shadows faded away, revealing a small human cloaked in what appeared to be a makeshift brown robe with a hood. It stared at Danny, even though no eyes could be seen.

''Hello, my human. I am an underling reaper. In a few seconds, you will become possessed by me, and have no choice if you want to, or not,'' a dull, feminine voice rang out.

''Wait, w-'' Danny started, only for the reaper to charge at them, and dissipeer once they got close to them.

The human had barely any time to react when a sharp pain shot through their body, only to fade away mere seconds after. By then, a weird sensation came over Danny.

They shook slightly as they sat down, their eyes wide, staring into the distance. A voice whispered in their head,
''I have been sent by the Lord of Hell to possess a human with great strength. You are that human,''

Last edited:
Coshani
boop
She awoke, coming into existence, just a moment ago being nothing. The sludge that had birthed her, fading away into the nothingness that she had been. The surroundings were bleak indeed, plain and unimpressive. There seemed to be nothing here, a trend that would be likely to continue if she stayed.

She had purpose, and so stood up, looking for the vessel that was needed, only finding others like her, new. This task would not be simple. She took in her form, two arms, two legs, rather like a human. Unlike a human, she carried a pair of wings on her back. She flexed them, and naturally they responded, they were a part of her, just as responsive as any arm or leg.

She took to the sky, leaving the field of nothing behind. She would find her fellow reapers again when the time was right.

The land was dark below, the humans seeming to be missing from the world they had once dominated. There were ruins, trees, and a line that rose and fell with the ruins, splitting off at random points to more lines. She followed the lines and found a place of light. Humans.

Nora

The night was quiet, most of the other residents having gone to sleep by now. Of course there was the night guard and the inn, but besides that? Just the cicadas. Their rhythmic chirping nearly put her to sleep a few times already, so she had resorted to her habit of singing along to her music-player. The songs were limited and she'd memorized all of them by heart at this point, but it was that familiarity that made it all the better.

The sounds of commotion over at the inn had broken Nora out of her trance. It was probably just a bar fight, she told herself. A lot more screaming than there normally was, though. She had been returning to her work when a night-guard passed by her shop. Towards the inn.

Raiders? Maybe some wild animals? No, how would they have gotten past the turrets? Her curiosity drew her to the scene. There were bodies on the ground, though whether they were dead or simply unconscious she had no clue. The furniture was askew, blood on the floor, the fire reduced to embers. Nora stood there, frozen in her steps. There seemed to be no cause to the madness.

The night-guard had been investigating the premises, but now they too were joining the bodies on the floor. What was going on?

A light drizzle fell on her, a small voice in the back of her mind telling her to leave. She stood her ground, staring at the scene. More rain came, and that feeling to leave grew stronger. She felt guilt at this thought, she couldn't leave. Something was going on here and she was going to do something about it.

"Is anyone there?", Nora called out, the want to leave in the back of her mind. The scene was disturbing, she wanted to leave, and yet she stayed. It wasn't a sense of nobleness, or an obligation towards the strangers. Perhaps it was that the threat remained unknown, a mystery she wanted to solve.

"Show yourself," she said. She wasn't expecting the flying lady that appeared. The thought to leave had disappeared, replaced by the thought to welcome this stranger. As she opened her mouth to speak, the lady flew into her.

She felt cold. She felt whole.
She was scared. She was excited.
She noticed a strange voice in her mind. She noticed this human hadn't yet gone insane.

Insane? Is that what had happened to those other people? Those humans hadn't had a strong will, but this one..
"This one" has a name. And that would be? Nora. What's yours? As if I would tell you my name, Nora.

What's going on? What are you doing?

She smiled. "I'm possessing you of course."

Amah - Nickname for godmother/aunt/nanny
REALLY weird paragraph in here containing spider horror? Arachnophobes, beware!
Lorelai's sharp fingers were the first of her to emerge through the sludge she and her companions arose from, followed by her head and the rest of her. With her damned long hair pulled down in front of her face by the weight of the strange liquid, she threw her head back as soon as she was able, wanting to be able to gaze upon the world she was sent to. Eager, but not wishing to rush her arrival, she took her time standing up. Satan...this place just reeked of evil, shame she was here to rid of it. Her normally white eyes shone marmalade with curiosity and a small grin found its way on to her face.

Giving a small nod to the reapers still in her company by this point, she set out. Finding herself a nice empty field of her own, she bowed her head and parted her lips, to allow a spider to climb out. After the one, followed another, and another. Nearly a hundred crawled out and away, to go search across the land for a perfect vessel. Lorelai straightened and closed her mouth once more, wiping her mouth and smiling.

Meanwhile, miles and miles away. Ovia woke to the sound of shouting. Instinctively, she grabbed the pistol under her pillow and bolted up out of her sleeping bag, and out the tent she shared with her godmother. Bandits, mercenaries, worse? It didn't matter to her, so long as no one that she cared about died. But it was too early in the morning, she'd just woken up, so the dumbfounded expression on her face when she just found her neighbors shouting at their sleeping bags at eight in the morning, understandably turned sour.

"What the hell Marcus?! Did you wet yourself or something!" Ovia yelled, putting her gun back into safety mode. The fact that Marcus, was a bear of a man, nearly twice Ovia's height, and thrice her width, didn't stop her from yelling at him. Especially when the only explanation he could offer, was a spider sneaking into his sleeping bag. Ovia had to breathe evenly to keep herself from screaming, and then had to send Marcus to his patrolling duty an hour early when she actually saw the monstrous thing, no bigger than her pinkie nail.

With an annoyed groan, she headed back to her tent where her godmother laid, now shifting disturbed from her sleep. "What was all that ruckus...?" The young woman seemed irked at her waking up not being of her own volition.

Ovia sighed and put her hand upon her shoulder, "Nothing amah," she answered wistfully.

"Nothing", usually meant "the usual" for them, so Ovia wasn't surprised when her godmother sucked her teeth and muttered, "Dumbasses..." Ovia then reached for her survival bag and pulled it onto one of her shoulders. Her godmother muttered tiredly, "Where ya' going'? Early..."

Ovia shushed her, "Go back to sleep amah. I'll be back before midday." As her godmother heard this, she closed her eyes, calm once again.

Ovia turned to leave but stopped once she heard her godmother still muttering to her. "Better come back...st...stubborn girl." She smiled fondly and left to make her way through the cavern she and many others called home.

Once outside, Ovia set up camp on a short cliff overlooking a desert field nearby, seeing if she could spot any animals they could use for food and/or resources. It was often a tedious task sitting here, rifle facing out to the expanse of dirt and sand, but multiple times Ovia had gotten lucky with this particular spot. And as she found herself dosing off, she saw something that made her day, a shadowy figure in the distance about eighty meters away. Ovia gazed through her scope, confused as to what it was, not familiar with its silhouette. Regardless, she aimed for what seemed to be its head, and then stopped.

She frowned as she saw something move, a much smaller silhouette emerging from behind the larger one. Ovia sighed and banged her head softly on her rifle, they could use the food, but the Merso Sanctum wasn't in desperate need of it. She watched the two unidentifiable animals disappear on the horizon, and couldn't stop the smile from appearing on her face.

Why didn't you shoot?

Ovia suddenly felt hot pain shoot into her as a hand gripped her shoulder. She screamed out and stood, stumbling backwards and spinning around to find the source of the sudden voice, only to find that she wasn't in the same place she'd been in mere seconds ago and she couldn't move. It was pitch black, and she was wrapped in a sticky white string that she could now see clearly.

It was easy prey.

A voice whispered from the darkness, and Lorelai stepped out from the darkness. Ovia felt goosebumps up her arms. That voice was all wrong...

Unsuspecting, unable to sense you.

Ovia watched in disbelief as the reaper's mouth moved, it was her voice! No no no, no, no it couldn't be her voice...why was it her voice? She shuddered violently, twisting her wrists and pulling her legs to try and free them.

There was no point in letting it live.

Why was this thing talking to her like this? Like this was a normal situation to be in! They looked like a regular person, but there was no way they were, they were mimicking her perfectly, and humans can't do that... She tried to shout at the thing, but found that she couldn't.

They're both going to die anyways.

Ovia, no matter how she tried couldn't even mutter, her voice was gone.

So why not end it sooner?

This thing had stolen her voice.

Why not grant them that kindness?

She stopped struggling, crying and gazing at the black nothingness. No...that wasn't kindness. Something like that could never be...

Wouldn't it be-"It's not kind! It's cruel!", Ovia shouted over the reaper, "Saying it's kind is just defending your actions, protecting yourself! Cruel is fucking cruel and there's no way around that!"

Lorelai stood watching as Ovia's magenta eyes met her blank ones, and shone in angry tears and defiance.

"I didn't shoot because I will never be the person that takes an innocent life just because I can!" The strings binding Ovia disappeared, releasing her to a ground she couldn't see.

Lorelai's eyes shone green as she approached the fallen girl that was now trying to get up. "G-get away from me, what do you want!", Ovia yelled as she staggered back.

Lorelai smiled and her voice, deeper and smoother than Ovia's, resonated through the blackness. "Congratulations, you've won your voice back." She then appeared before Ovia before she could retreat any further and placed her fingers gently on the sides of her temples, "It's a shame you've lost your freedom. Truly."

Ovia opened her eyes, and found that she was right back where she was before, on the cliff with her rifle. Some sort of messed up dream? That's what she thought at least, until her body began moving without her command, like on auto pilot.

"What in the hell!", she muttered. But she heard nothing.

"A reaper from hell, to be precise," Ovia heard her own voice once again and felt her mouth move to form the words, "I've possessed you due to your good heart and formidable willpower. My name is Lorelai and Ovia, I'm going to help you save the world." Lorelai picked up her host's rifle, and giggled.

Last edited:
DEEMO Spat up from the depths of hell a shadow of onyx tendrils slithered forth, accompanied by thirteen other reapers with numerous intentions. This mass took shape, materializing limbs in a most grotesque way. Meat sprouting over bone, flesh concealing innards that did not produce a working system. All for show. He would not be seen after possessing a human, but still chose a humanoid form to convince and gain trust from his prey before devouring them. His eyes, void of all color, scanned a dismay terrain. A simple smirk hiding fanged canines as he strode forward in search of a willful one. He would meet with his companions again, in due time.

SEREN The church was a sweeping cathedral of columns and arches over every entrance way. Although faded from time, remnants of hand painted portraits peeked through ivy clung walls. Something about this place touched the hearts of even the faithless. Weary eyes would glance at the alters beauty, a reminder of better times, and would be filled with hope once more. Even momentarily, people appreciated houses of worship in the wastelands. Seren, more than most, would bide her time here. Staring at the circular ceiling for hours on end, talking inside her mind. The dripping moisture from leaves into a flooded back room pond a soothing resonance.

Illusions of her father’s form paced back and fourth along the alter. His mouth wide with enunciation, hands directing with conviction, stature straight, and resolute. These visions faded altogether into present day, a tear teetering on the edge of blue-gray hues before being blinked away without a trace. She bowed her head to no one and stood from the wooden pew, making her way to the double exterior doors. Even with their withered frames these took a fair amount of strength to open, but as hands pried apart the handles the doors eventually gave way to a grim sight.

Near the bottom of crumbled stone steps a man hunched over, strands of ebon ooze sliding to the ground creating a blackened puddle. Seren’s eyes widened. Her feet wasted not another second as they hurried down to the wounded individual. “Don’t worry Sir, I am medically trained. I’ll take care of you, don’t worry.” A soft voice reassured as hands were placed gingerly on his shoulder and bicep, leading him up tattered steps.

An overwhelming sensation began seeping into her solar plexus, contorting. Her stomach churned with unexpected nausea, and she had to fight the urge to heave. Never once had the sight of an injured patient caused such a reaction, and he wasn’t even visibly marred. A pungent odor of sulfur wafted through her nostrils and she couldn’t help but turn her head and cough. “Can you speak, if so, tell me your name. Did you fall into the tar pits near the factory plant? You’ve been walking quite a ways.” She said through bouts of discomfort, a surge of regret weighing on her conscience.

“Seren.” A low primal tone emerged from the stranger causing Seren to halt on the top step beside the entryway.

“How? Do I know you?” Visibly shaken Seren gradually removed her hands, black liquid staining her palms. Her fair skin seemed to soak in the mysterious substance, which traveled up her arms like snakes wiggling through sand; she hadn’t noticed this. Instead, she tried turning her head to see the strange man’s face, curiosity taking hold of her better judgment.

“You believe in salvation. I sensed your volition and followed it here, but.” His head was downcast, blond strands of grimy hair were obscuring his facial features. “Do you...believe...in demons?”

“Demonic entities, through possession. Well, I guess, but wh--” Previous feelings of unrest within her soul had subsided, she had forced any remaining doubt trying to take hold of her being away. Though a struggle, Seren regained her will. Just in time.

“I have already begun.”

“Begun...what?”

With a great force Seren’s figure flung backwards like a rag-doll. Volumes of flaxen hair not enough to cushion her head from impact. A loud thud echoed, ricocheting off broken glass panels catching a member of the church and lone worshiper off guard. With haste, they scrambled to the girl’s side. Before they could touch her she abruptly sat up, head hunched forward, and lengthy tresses hiding infernal pitch black sclera’s. With a single blink, natural blues were back to their normal shade. The stranger was gone before she fell. He chose not to speak this time, instead, he showed her everything; a blur of colors, images, and emotions. Perhaps it was easier this way, to catch his host up to speed without any incessant questions and interruptions on her part. It worked. Seren took a moment to digest the information, but the reality soon hit – hard.

“No.”

“It’s alright dear, take it easy. You hit your head.” Mr. Hitrell, a devoted member of the church said soft-spoken.

“Oh God no. No, no, no...Get out!” She screamed. Her demand aimed toward the parasite festering within her. Vibratos of human torment along with a second bestial sound clawing through, forging a distorted unison. Her hands clenched into tight fists before slamming them against the marbled ground. The people beside her stiffened, eyes larger than dinner plates. Both were frozen, skin flushed of color. Seren ran out of the building and onto the dirt road, distancing herself from that holy place.

“This can’t be happening to me.” With a pain stricken face she bit back angry tears and mustered up the courage to confront him.

“You chose me because of my strong will and my faith in humanity?” She waited for a response but instead received a growl like affirmation. “Well, De-” She struggled with the pronunciation and decided to shorten his true name to something much more concise and easier to say. “Deemo. I will will you away, eventually. You can be damn sure of that. I won’t give into you forever.”

An eerie chuckle was all she heard back.

Last edited:
DiPQDWK.jpg
From the moment Caeciun's face had emerged from the ooze their thoughts had begun to wander. This place was nothing they had seen before. It was the first thing they had ever laid eyes upon apart from the muck that had faded away in both form and memory just moments ago. Something was gnawing at the back of their mind, but they pushed it aside to allow room for their own wishes. Their attention drifted to those who had risen alongside them. None Caeciun saw payed them any notice, so they didn't give any either. The other figures were strange, but not remarkably interesting after a quick glance. The feeling in the back of their mind returned to the front and stole their attention. There was something they had to do, and unless they did the feeling would probably stick around.

Curling around their slender form, Caeciun darted into the unknown.

The sky was calm and the wind stale within the adjacent area. Eth was confident these conditions would allow him to get a catch or two. He quickly downed a bowl stew, and stuffed the wooden dish into his waist-side pouch. That would be the last of what he had reserved, so he was banking on tonight. It was the usual spot where he nabbed his pickings in the recent days, but it was getting around to the point where he should get a move on. Staying in one area for even a few days made him anxious, but so did change. At least here he knew the good locations for hunting. He would miss it for sure, but he would manage.

Having been so wrapped up in his own worries, Eth had completely neglected noticing the odd ambiance. The place was usually bustling with the song's of birds, and the chirping of insects. Not even the slightest rustle of bushes could be heard. A sense of understanding clicked immediately within him. His position as hunter had been usurped, and was now the prey for something sinister. There was little he could do other than pull out his knives, but his senses were little match to his pursuer's agility. The moment he realized it he swung around, but it did nothing more than grant him a quick glance before the beast plunged into his chest.

It didn't take his near boundless knowledge of animals for him to realize this was nothing natural. He had seen its skull bare of flesh as it impaled his body, but there was no wound. He stumbled backwards and collapsed into the muddy earth below his feet. His eyes darting around for further signs of this apparition, but all he was given were the sounds of nearby fauna. They had returned so quickly and care-free it wavered his thought process. The animals would have surely fled if they were aware of a threat of this measure and yet here they were.

Eth waded through the loose soil for his blades, and then shambled onto his feet. That's when the turmoil within his own body became evident. A feeling at his core of endless writhing and twisting. As if his fundamentals were being stripped apart only to be reconstructed. He tried his voice in an attempt to free the condensing weight building up, but no sound emerged. Quickly dropping his knives and falling to one knee, Eth grasped at his throat. Soon, he was coughing up blood, and then the feeling vanished.

"What the actual hell did I put in that stew?"

As he rose from the darkness, Lux's eyes slowly adjusted themselves to this new world. His first sight was of his compatriots... Most were, put bluntly, absolutely wretched looking creatures. Some had promise in one way or another. One seemed to have a nice rack, even if she was completely lacking in terms of legs.... One by one, he watched them depart until, with a shrug of his shoulders, Lux departed as well.

Doubtless, Lux took significantly longer than the other reapers to find his chosen host. Some would assume because his presence drove would-be hosts insane. Some would guess they just couldn't contain his power. Others still could say he was picky.

No, he just was too busy peeping on girls.

That's not a joke. Lux spent his first several hours in this new world simply using his incorporeal form to "appreciate the feminine form". As much as he wanted to continue his voyeuristic endeavors, a nagging in his very being told him that if he wanted to continue enjoying the fruits of this decimated world, he needed to find a suitable host.

Now, Lux was, in fact, rather picky about whose body he would inhabit. After all, that person's physical attractiveness would dictate heavily into how much action he got! He wasn't about to inhabit someone with no chance in hell (pun intended) of getting laid.

So, the randy reaper set out in search of a physically attractive specimen. In this post apocalyptic world, that was easier said than done. Bad teeth, horrible body odor, a face that looked like it got violently run through a grinder...

UGH!

After a few hours of fruitless searching, Lux sat perched on a rather torn up building in one of the settlements, watching the people below hoping at least a half decent face would saunter past. Of course, most of the time he found himself more distracted by the simple fact this angle gave ample few of passing cleavage...

Until he found a host though, all he could do was watch...

A figure on another rooftop caught his eye. As the sun set, the darkly clad figure scurried across the rooftops before reaching a building with guards posted all around the base. Intrigued by this shadowy figure, Lux chose to follow.

The figure got a running start, leaping from one rooftop into an open window of the guarded building. Lux tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm... This one seems to know exactly how to position himself to slide perfectly in..." Lux mused to himself, watching from outside as the hooded figure made his way to a safe.

Lux licked his lips as the lock fell to the floor after only a few moments. This one was impressive. "Trained hands... No doubt locks aren't the only things those could open..." A smirk started to settle in on his features as the figure stuffed his prize into a backpack. Shouldering the ill-gotten goods, the figure made his way to the window. Failing to notice the reaper, the figure climbed up to the window sill before jumping across to the original building, crashing through a closed window and startling the guards below, who quickly went back inside the building they were guarding to check for intruders.

"And not afraid to get down and dirty! Mmm.... This one will do quite nicely... Assuming he doesn't look like a troll....Or one of the others..." Lux scrunched his face up as he followed after the figure to see where he would go from here. How much of a pity would that be for such talent to be wasted on ugly?

Dante heaved a sigh as he made his way out into seemingly the middle of nowhere. No signs of buildings or anything. Everything, it seems, had been reclaimed by nature. Dante checked around, making sure no one else was around before making his way to a rather large boulder. He reached for the grass, grasping on a faint silver handle and giving it a heave to reveal a door that nature had long since tried in vain to completely conceal.

After one last sanity check to ensure he hadn't been followed, Dante ducked into the darkness and closed the door behind him. Only now, he was most certainly not alone...

A switch was flicked, illuminating the grandiose place Dante called home. No doubt this sanctuary could easily house many, many people in safety, but Dante lived here alone. At one point, it was a missile silo, and at some point before the calamity, someone had been attempting to renovate it. Rather than a giant vacant hole, there were twenty floors with a lift right in the middle to get someone from floor to floor.

Fortunately, whoever had tried renovating this place before had a healthy supply of generators to run the lift. Even if it should fail, though, he had stairs. For now, he made his way to the lift, flipping the switch as he was lowered down. Each floor was different. One had odds and ends he hadn't found a use for yet, another held little projects he worked on when he had the time, not that he had any knack for it, but he knew how to use a screwdriver and could get by if he found parts that worked. He was helpless if any fabrication was needed, though. Still more floors held weapons he'd stockpiled, probably never to actually be used, since he favored stealth rather than loud noises. That didn't stop him from taking them off corpses or unsuspecting targets, though.

There was one simple thing. If something was potentially valuable, he'd 'acquire' it, even if he didn't exactly know what it was good for. Which brings us to his current haul. When he'd been in that particular settlement before, he had noticed the guards always protecting that one building. Now, in the currently shitty state of the world, people only posted guards if something was particularly valuable.

"Now, let's see what we've got...." Dante mused, his mask still on as he unzipped the bag and pulled out his ill-gotten goods: a single box. When he opened it, his shoulders visibly slumped. "You're shitting me.... All those guards and all that fuss.... Just for some damn porno mags?!" Dante dumped out the box, scores of magazines dumping out onto the table as he looked for anything of more significant value.

"Damnit all!" Dante ripped off his mask in a huff, tossing it aside. He was a handsome young man, with hair just past his shoulders pulled back in a half ponytail. Something Lux did not fail to notice.

"Ding ding... we have a winner...."

"Who is there?!" Dante snapped, his hazel eyes scanning the shadows until they fell upon another set of eyes staring back at him. He pulled a gun from a holster on his hip. This particular gun was equipped with a silencer, hence the reason it was with him.

"You got exactly three seconds to give me a reason to let you live...."

"Mmm...Oh yes..... I think you'll be able to handle all I have to give you..." Lux stepped casually forward into the light, letting his horns and tail show.

"I highly doubt you have anything I want...." Dante muttered, noting this... person?'s skimpy attire. He pulled the trigger, but Lux vanished. Dante's eyes narrowed. "The fuck?!" he hissed.

"Yes.. that's exactly what I want to do...." A voice hissed in his ear. Dante spun around again, and Lux was right there. "Now just relax.. This may hurt a little at first, but you'll learn to love it..." Lux licked his lips even as Dante jumped away to put some distance between them.

"Look at it this way... I can give you power... More than collecting junk will, anyway.... The power to save this world-"

"Not interested." A lie, but Dante didn't like the way this one talked.... It sounded like a raw deal...

"My boy, you don't have a choice.... The point is, I've decided I want you... And that's one thing we have in common... We *take* what we want... If you don't want me to be gentle about it...."

Where had it come from? All at once, Dante felt something wrap around his body. "The he-" He was cut off by his own screams as electricity coursed through his body. Lux just casually approached him as he fell to the floor in agony. "Now.... I'm going to force my way inside you, whether you like it or not..." Lux licked his lips again as he sauntered closer to Dante, who was unable to move due to the whip wrapped around his form.

Dante was only certain of one thing as the reaper descended upon him....

He did not like where this was going.....

Destrey
Destrey emerged and climbed out from the depths of the Underworld. He was given a task to possess a human and save the apocalyptic world. The reaper was wearing a huge, sinister smile. The world looked beautiful in this damaged state. However, it had to change to something peaceful due to the Devil's orders. Aw well! It was time to find a strong-willed soul and save the world. "Save" in his own way. Anyway, seeking for a human to possess, they weren't a lot of good contestants. They either weren't young enough, too youthful, or just pathetic. However, the reaper found himself in an apartment. It looked nice, well, for a human's standards. It was pretty dirty and there was a human. It seemed that he was lifting something and was grunting. Destrey can tell that he was strong and wanted to push his limits. An example of a strong-willed person. Destrey observed quietly him more to see if he was the right vessel. He hid himself from the human's vision.

Colt
The soul was weightlifting at this time. Lifting weights and exercising his body was Colt's hobby. It's not like he wanted to show off, he had to stay healthy in this period of time. The world is practically at it's end. Colt had nothing better to do. One... Two... Three... Infinity... Infinity plus One... The boy finished his upper body exercise and put his weights to the side. He was above average in strength than the typical man. He prepared himself to go outside. Grabbing a backpack, putting some nutrients, water, and a telescope. Colt stretched himself out a bit and left his apartment. However, he didn't know that mysterious being was following him. The athlete jogged to test his speed and endurance, possibly to find more food and help some people out. All the while, he looked up into the sky.

The sky looked great in comparison to the land. It was just depressing to see the land itself. But, Colt was living in this broken world, he had to deal with it. Maybe in the future the world could look beautiful. Jogging for a mile now, a red figure popped out of nowhere in front of the athlete. This scared Colt enough to make him trip and fall. What the heck!? the athlete thought. It was either an optical illusion or hallucination on Colt's part. However, when he lifted himself up, he saw the figure up close. Like, really up close. "YIPE!" screamed Colt with fear. He jumped back a few feet and looked at the figure again.

The red figure laughed at the human and remarked, "Wow, after that workout, I figured you were supposed to a brave and strong kid!" The being gave a huge smile to Colt. "However, with my master's orders, I'll test you and see if you are strong!"

"Wait, who are you?!" demanded Colt. This seemed weird and sketchy. Who in the world was this guy? "What are you testing with?"

The red figure replied, "Ah, demanding a reaper's name and identity. Well, from that rude attitude, I guess I'll possess you right now!" Not giving the athlete a chance to speak, Destrey ran at him and attempted to possess his entire body. However, Colt immediately spoke but with struggle.

"Why're you d-doing... this!?" Colt had stammered out. He was resisting whatever was happening to him. He was confused, angry and scared. What was this? A dream? No, it couldn't be. It was all real... "S-stop t-this!"

Destrey was genuinely surprised by this reaction. The human questioned the situation and resisted Destrey's ability to possess him. Maybe this kid is strong... Isn't the possession process shorter? He quit trying to possess the athlete and got out of his well-built body. "I gotta admit, you're strong-willed," he commented. "I'm an underling reaper, Destrey. I have to possess a human of strong-will and great power."

Colt was on the ground and looked at "Destrey". An underling reaper? Human of great power and strong-will. Colt was surprised that he had fit into these categories. Colt asked, "What is your purpose? What am I to do with this?"

The reaper looked at the athlete and responded, "In short, to save the world. Cheesy, I know. And, you are going to be my vessel for this journey!" Destrey wore a huge, sinister smile again. "I choose you, human. We'll be together till the end, I guess."

"What's the catch?" Colt questioned again. "If you are going to possess me, promise that you'll let me take control of my body most of the time." Colt seemed to be determine to take this opportunity to save the world and be possessed. The world was depressing, people were struggling, and Colt wanted to change that.

"My catch is that I'll have to take control whenever my power is needed," Destrey responded. "You seem ready and determined! Nice. Well, here we go!" The reaper once again possessed Colt, but with ease this time.

The reaper was know in the human's body. Fleshy but pretty good. Destrey tested himself on how to use it and let out a hearty laugh.
"Being a human is going to be fun!"

Last edited:
Diala

Birthed from the muck Diala rose as dignified as a queen would be. First her single long horn emerged, followed by her head, chest, arms and torso, legs then feet. All the while not a single sound emitted from her or the ooze that dribbled upon itself around her. Despite her silence her mind reached out to her siblings, born of the muck along side her. She could feel their minds and wills as she stole glimpses of themselves before many rushed off into the world to find their host. A host. Is there someone truly worth becoming one with to share in the wonder of this world? Diala couldn't understand her own thoughts as she began to wander aimlessly, the sound of her feet against the sand and dirt non existent.

Long had day turned to night and night turned once back into day had Diala walked the earth. Her horn sending out pings to read the minds of those she neared. Each one held ideas of this world, but none exactly called to her. What is it about humans and the want for another's approval? Why do they seek comfort in the form of a bond of flesh? It's so confusing. I need someone less prone to these feelings to be my vessel and to teach me of this world. A silent sigh went out across the desert as Diala felt the presence of a large number of beings up ahead. Humans, and from the feeling, there's a great number of them. Is it a village? Diala's curiosity soon overwrote her desire to find a vessel as she moved swiftly into and through the town where a large gathering was being held.

Observing silently from the shadows, the woman stared as a man stood amongst the others. His voice commanding them, instructing them in the ways of the world and how to protect themselves against it. A teacher, a master, someone strong willed enough to bend the wills of others to his own. Diala felt goosebumps along her skin as she reached out for his mind. She wanted to feel him, to take part of him and claim it as her own. As she silently entered into his mind, she began to see images of families with smiles waving goodbye to him. She witnessed teachings very similar to the one now. She also saw death of those that stood to try and take from him. And yet as she tried to dig deeper her mind smashed into something immovable. A wall? But how? I can tap into the minds of anyone and learn their secrets. Diala felt challenged as she slammed her consciousness against the wall, but the man seemed to look her way. She hid quickly realizing that this man would be her vessel. My own vessel. My tutor. My....Champion. She felt an urge to giggle as she waited for the opportune moment to strike.

Diego Valasquez

"Alright, now take your attacker's arm, turn and....hrgh!" Throwing a man nearly double his weight shouldn't have been easy, but Diego managed to make it look like it was only natural. "No matter how large or powerful your opponent, you can easily overcome them using their own strength as their weakness." He watched as several of the noncombatants of the town, Drestol, was it? worked hard to make sure they themselves could protect their town. Sure, it wasn't the same as teaching them to shoot, but for only two cartons of cigarettes, Diego wasn't going to go that far. Bullets were hard to come by after all. "Alright. Seeing as how you all have learned so much over the last week....." His voice cut short as something slammed against his mind, it felt like it was trying to learn "THAT".

Diego quickly turned to where he could've sworn the attack came from, but there was nobody there. "Odd." He muttered to himself before turning back to his class. "You've all done well so far. You've learned the basics and now have the knowledge to use your home as your battleground to its most effective ways. There's nothing more I can teach you." That was a blatant lie. He could teach them a great deal more, but they couldn't meet his price, nor did he want to stay and get "attached" to these people. He'd already learned his lesson about that long ago. Damn you, you old fart. Stop acting like you're ninety and start moving on from then. He cursed himself as he made his way into the temporary lodgings that he'd called home since coming to this town.

It was a very large open space, stands rising up around some circular broken pavement. In the center though was Diego's campsite. Upon the grass there was a shabby looking tent a fire, and several packages of MRE's that had survived at a military surplus store he'd raided way back when. "Never thought I'd want to eat these again." He muttered as he opened the packaging and devoured the bland meal. The cracker was the hardest part to force down. So damn salty. Grabbing his container of "fairly clean" water, Diego washed the dehydrating salt further into his system. "Gah, that's one thing you never get used to." He sighed as he pocketed the laxative gum into his coat and pulled out his latest pack of cigarettes and a lighter. "Damn glad I found like 8 of these things in the ruins of that city." He spoke through the nicotine packed product and lit it up. The burning sensation of the smoke filled his lungs before being released back into the air. "I know its bad for me, but it's the only thing that can calm my nerves anymore."

"Why is that, young Diego?" A woman's voice echoed within his mind as Diego stood with his combat knife at the ready. "Do you intend to fight me? Why? Is it because you cannot see me? Is it because you cannot locate my voice? Why are you so guarded Diego?" The voice pestered him with questions as he stood steady, closing his eyes and trying to drown out the sound of the world. It was obvious that neither of these senses would help him here. "You're so quick to understand and move on Diego." The voice continued to torment him but Diego could feel the presence getting closer. Quickly he turned around, grabbing hold of the wrist of whatever was coming after him and placing the blade against its throat. However, the unnatural feel of cold metal also reached his.

Opening his eyes Diego looked into the white void of a woman's eyes. Despite him being 6'4" he felt that she was towering over him, but that wasn't the case. In fact it was the opposite, but the idea that someone had gotten the drop on him and matched his movements left him feeling a bit beaten. "Who are you? And how were you able to attack my mind today? I don't like people prying into my business." Diego kept his words brief while still keeping the blade against the woman's throat.

"My name is Diala." Her voice echoed within him, but her lips never moved. However, Diego did realize that the voice emanated from the horn growing out of her head. "I am a lesser reaper born to become part of this world and save it from ruin. However, to do such a thing, I must find an able bodied and strong willed host who will be able to withstand me becoming a part of them." Diala's sincerity was plainly visible, but Diego also felt it. There was something about communicating through thought that left little for her to hide. "I have chosen you to be my partner. You will be the man that helps me learn of this world that I have been created to protect. I merely ask that you allow ME to help YOU as well." Diego lowered his weapon as he stepped back from Diala.

"You want me to just let you possess me and control me?" Diala shook her head as Diego rephrased the question. "Then you really mean this like a partnership. You'll be a part of me and have the ability to influence my body. You'll help me fix this wretched place and atone for my sins." Diego couldn't believe he was talking about his past, though vaguely. "And in exchange, all I have to do is teach you about our world?"

"More specifically, I want to understand humans better. But in simple terms that's the case." Diego looked Diala over and could still feel her mind within his. She was reading him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. "Do not fret, I'm not able nor would I influence your mind to accept me. I am a curious sort, not a forceful one." One again Diego could feel her sincerity. Despite claiming to be a reaper, she was awfully pure. "Thank you for the compliment."

"Okay, if we're going to do this, you're gonna have to stop invading my personal thoughts. Okay?" Diego looked to the figure seriously. "Well, I guess there's no harm in trying to save the world. Just note that this is a partnership, not a dictatorship. Neither one of us moves without the other's approval first. Got it?" He held out his hand towards Diala.

"You have a deal partner." When she slid her smooth hand into his, Diego felt oddly conscious of the warmth that spread from their point of contact. "My partner has been chosen. My champion has arrived." Suddenly, the warmth that was in his hand spread through his mind and just as quickly as Diala had appeared she vanished. "I'm still with you Diego, even though you cannot see me."

"I guess this really wasn't just a weird dream huh?" A long puff of his cigarette finished that one off and Diego reached for another. "One hell of a day." He chuckled as he heard giggling in the back of his mind.

"And it's only just beginning Diego."

"That it is."

Xoh's Dialogue
Blake's Dialogue
Xoh
Xoh opened his eyes, looking at his other fellow reapers. He was born with only one task: to rescue Earth with other reapers. Xoh would enjoy this task. Possessing a human. And then toying with them. Boy, that'll be fun.

Xoh chuckled to himself, excitement boiling in him.
"Finally. My time to rise is here."
He got out of the Underworld and to the Overworld, looking at the apocalyptic area. It's wonderful this way. Xoh thought, smiling.

He explored the area and had finally found a man in a ruined building. He looked strong enough for a reaper to possess him. Xoh did not mind what human he possessed, as long as he could reach his two goals: to save the Earth and to toy with him. One of the positives of the task.

Xoh examined the man, vanishing so the man could not see him. It seemed the man was eating a human food.

Blake
Blake stretched, opening his eyes.
Blake was sleeping on a carpet that was on the floor. He sat up and immediately looked out the windows of the building. Just in case there was anyone nearby.

And yet another day... I haven't met anyone yet so far.

Blake went to his backpack and grabbed out a can of tomato soup. Sure, it tasted like crap but it was better than nothing. He grabbed a can opener from his backpack and opened it. Blake had raided some buildings and got food, materials and everything.

Then, suddenly he heard footsteps from the entrance of the door of the apartment he was in.

"Hello, human." said a deep voice. But it was not out loud... it was in his thoughts?

Blake grabbed his pocket knife from his pocket, equipping it. "W-who are you?" said Blake out loud, afraid.
Xoh unvanished in front of him, grabbing Blake's pocket knife swiftly and then placing it down on a nearby table.

"Enjoy your last few seconds of not being possessed, human." said Xoh, in Blake's mind. Before Blake could reply to that, he felt a sharp sting and everything faded to black.

Last edited:
Valdan

As he burst forth from the black muck that tried to hold him down, the first things that assailed his mind was the memories of the wars that humanity fought. Bloodshed for country, for land, for freedom, for sake of religion, for ultimate power, these things plagued him and bore in him a hatred towards humanity. "They wage war and kill themselves over futile and pointless things. Then expect US to clean up their mess. I shall have no part in this." The blood and ash colored reaper walked away from the rest, not in search of a vessel but instead to simply murder all the humans by attempting to possess them. He wanted to only find the weak willed and watch them suffer as they endured the torment of his birth, war, through the eyes of those that fought ad died.

He followed the setting sun and struck his two prong spear into them. The echoes of war filling their being and killing many as their minds couldn't withstand the stress. "No human is worth possessing. None can withstand the weight of war. And none can handle the burden that it puts upon them." Over the course of a few hours he'd managed to find and mercilessly kill ten humans. Their weak minds collapsing under the stress of his power, not even his invasion of their body. "Weakness is all that inhabits this rock. Why does our Lord wish it to be saved?" He sighed as he approached a mountain and saw yet another human standing outside. She looked to be sparring with an individual whom walked away shortly after Valdan's arrival. "The girl will die next."

Armenia Valentine

Armenia was glossed with sweat, her hair clung to her head as she panted heavily. Her opponent for training today was none other than her old man. The person currently in charge of Veruk settlement. "You're getting too old for this pops." Armenia smirked as he was breathing heavier than she was. "If you keep this up, Veruk won't have a leader." She chided as she rushed him once more, throwing a straight punch towards his chest which he swiftly grabbed and twisted, but Armenia followed the twist, turning her body on her heal to trip up her father. As soon as he hit the ground, she grabbed hold of his arm, twisted and placed her boot on his throat. "Concede?" The old man nodded, the red of his face showing both his embarrassment, the heat of the day and the amount of work they'd put in.

"Wasn't expecting you to go along with the twist."

"Nobody ever does. It's called improv. You just go make it up as you go. It's the only thing I'm good at." Armenia sighed as she pulled out her canteen and downed some of the water. Sure water was scarce and had to be managed but they both worked up a lot of sweat in the last two hours of sparring. She handed the canteen to her father before sighing. "Think I'll ever be looked at as more than just your daughter, dad?"

"You'll make a name for yourself and prove what I already know about you someday." Her father patted the girl's shoulder as he stood and started back towards the mountain. "I'll see you back at home sweetheart. Your mother is cooking up some of the herbs that have been growing around the mountain into a nice stew." He started off towards the house while Armenia stood up and quickly checked her holsters. The 44 revolver on her right and the Colt 45 on the left. She was still well armed and ready for anything.

Just as the girl turned around a pain of being pierced hit her back. It felt like two large metal rods had been driven into her and their cold sensation quickly erased any of the heat that Armenia was feeling just moments before. Suddenly, it felt like the two rods were vibrating, mirroring the other like a tuning fork. She could feel the reverberations coursing through her, but what was worse was the visions filling her mind. War. She was witnessing countless wars first hand. The agony and terrible pain of just the existence. It was suffocating and felt like thousands of hands were grabbing hold of her trying to pull her into their depths of sorrow and misery.

Snap out of it Armenia. She hissed at herself mentally. It's not real. You've never been in a war. You've never suffered this. It's those rods, they're making you feel this way. Just walk forward and get them out of your back! Armenia focused her thoughts, shutting out the cries and pain of what she was witnessing. She struggle as she fought the pull of the memories, managing to only lift her foot and inch and barely scoot forward. But she did it. Atta girl. You were raised to be better than this, now prove it! Another agonizingly slow and short step. Then another, but soon the metal rods began to slide out of her back. Just.....keep.....fighting. She managed to feel the edge of the steel and finally with one massive burst pulled herself off whatever it was that had impaled her. "Fuck! That was some hell of a vision."

"A vision you say? Call those memories." A dark voice called to her and Armenia turned around to see a man with spikes jutting out of his backs wielding what looked like a two pronged spear. "You have proven yourself quite the formidable child." He voice echoed with disdain towards the girl as she continued to watch his ashen form gleam in the sunlight whilst the red blood flowed through him. "What is your name girl? I would like to know it before I break you."

"Armenia Valentine." Her response was as cold as his own words. "And I don't know who the fuck you are, but keep that oversized tuning fork out of my body." She growled as she pointed the 44 at his face. "Otherwise I'll blow your head open right here, right now." She cocked the weapon and glared down the barrel at her target. The beast that had just tormented her mind and pushed her to the limits of her will power.

"Armenia, I am Valdan. And I am a reaper that's going to save your world, despite my wishes. And YOU will be my vessel" He said the last part begrudgingly before vanishing into the girl's body. Armenia didn't even have time to shoot as she felt a fiery power coursing through her body trying to take over every nerve and muscle within her. It tried to take control seize EVERYTHING from her, but she wouldn't let it. Valdan would not be allowed to change her or take her will away. She slowly started to put the end of the barrel of her gun against her chin. "What are you doing child? Are you so blinded by your human love of war and combat that you won't allow me to save the very world you wish to destroy?"

"Shut up you know nothing of why humans fight!" She hissed as she pressed the cold metal against her throat. "You've seen what we've done but never tried to understand more than the superficial reasons of why we've done it!" Armenia had heard this speech from her father before when they dealt with raiders. It was a speech long since she memorized. It was a code to live and die by, in its own way. "We humans fight because we love and cherish life as a whole. We battle one another because we can't stand the idea of someone else TAKING AWAY the freedom and chance for another to live their life. We wage war because we feel threatened that our lives are in danger." Armenia put her finger on the trigger as she shouted the last line. "We humans fight and die for a chance to live!" Suddenly, the fiery possession wasn't there. Armenia knew that Valdan was still with her, his presence in her mind was still very much planted.

"Humans fight and die for a chance to live?" Valdan sounded confused by these words. "Everything your species has shown points to living for the fight. But you say it's the opposite. It's an interesting view, for a human." Valdan added in the last bit as it was important to him. "You have proven yourself twice now. Rather than living as a part of me and conquering, you chose to fight me to live your own life. I will accept that you are a unique breed of human, but know this, if I feel that you EVER stray from your belief. I will snatch your body away before you can ready that weapon again."

"Too bad for you, I won't let you." Armenia growled at the new invader in her mind. Sure he was a powerful reaper, but god did he piss her off.​

Shüümjlel
Shüümjlel effortlessly rose from the depths of the vicious ooze that had spawned these children of Grim, being the first to leave their pit and the very first to leave the area altogether. They made no effort to converse with their siblings or even turn in their direction. As soon as they were up, they were off in search of the perfect host, the slick red surface of Sinslayer gleaming in the sunlight. They cared nothing for their objective, something they held in common with more than one of their siblings likely. There were no feelings of remorse or anticipation for their unlucky future host. There was even nothing for their siblings. The only thought on Shüümjlel's mind was of the inevitable purge that would come as humanity continued to prove their inability to live a worthy existence. This land was ripe with Sin and Sinslayer could feel it, the weapon resonating deeply with a tone that would make any man nauseous, possibly to the point of emptying the contents of their stomach, but Shüümjlel was not affected in such a way. They glided just a few inches above the ground, enough for the tattered remnants of their white robes to rub against the earth and collect dirt throughout their travels. They didn't seem to care. As they traveled the wastes, their invisible form slinking past caravans and travelers alike, the Reapers tolerance for such a great amount of Sin grew thinner and thinner until they finally reached a breaking point...

The Reaper violently arched back and released a bloodcurdling howl, causing a passing traveler who had been sharing the dusty roads with them to flinch as if they'd actually been subject to the horrific action. Whatever barrier existed between the two had thinned just enough at that moment for the sheer emotion of the Reaper to carry through and this gladdened them, greatly so. There was no sadistic pleasure behind it, no, but there was the pleasure in knowing they had a prophet to tell of the coming judgment. They sensed very little Sin on this one, Sinslayer releasing a distinct hum when focused on them, but that didn't mean they would be spared. Perhaps their judgment would be little compared to that of their more evil counterparts, but it was a certainty that every man, woman, and child who allowed the bastard spawn of the Devil into their hearts would know true pain. 'Aye, aye,' the reaper thought to themselves, 'Preacheth mine own word onto the gluttons of Sin. Alloweth those folk all knoweth yond judgment rides on swift wings and yond Sinslay'r is fill'd with pangs of hunger'. With a gut wrenching cackle, Shüümjlel turned and floated off to continue their journey, Sinslayer only growing louder as they made their way deeper into the heart of this darkened land.

Aidan Sawyer
Aidan. Was. BEAT. As he fell back onto the surprisingly comfortable cot in the tacky inn, that was all he could think of. Ten hours on the road with hardly any breaks, very little water, and only a mule he'd somehow managed to wrangle out of possession of some old coot for company, Aidan needed this break. Not to mention the fact that he'd spent the next three hours after arriving at the most pitiful excuse for civilization reinforcing the townsfolks wall and then bartering with the nervous wreck of a merchant for a single can of beans for TEN MINUTES... It was insane. He didn't know how he managed to be so nice to these people, but, he did. He even managed to sell a few stun batons he'd whipped up earlier that morning as a side project, just to get his hands nice and calloused for the day ahead. Even if they didn't know how to use them effectively, at least they considered it enough to let him refill his water at their pumps. Rolling over on the bed, Aidan sat up and retrieved his sawn-off from the nightstand beside his bed. A triple barreled Sawyer Handcannon, patent pending, obviously of his own design. It was a standard firearm, for the most part, and while many would see it as outdated do to the more than humble beginnings, it packed a wallop. It was an ammo eater, and ammo was expensive at times, but luckily with his extensive knowledge of... Well, pretty much everything, he'd been able to make his own ammo in the past.

...Ammo he'd promptly eaten through during the weapon's final 'test runs'. Still, he had quite a few more rounds to pass around, although not literally.

Taking a moment to clean out his weapon before he turned in, which was much easier said than done despite the fact that he'd made the damn thing, Aidan curled up on his bed and drifted off into a peaceful sleep... Or so he would have hoped. No matter how hard he tried, he never seemed to be able to go to sleep and stay that way. It wouldn't hurt to say that the man had never had trouble sleeping before this and he shouldn't have had this night, especially with how tired he was earlier. But now, sleep just didn't seem to be an option. It didn't help that he was seeing things either, always waking up to a figure cloaked in white standing at his bedside before vanishing into thin air. Normally, he would have dismissed it as a trick of the mind brought on by exhaustion and that would have been that. But this was... Different. It was unnerving in the sense that it appeared too vivid to be an illusion, even if he'd only seen it sparingly. It was like something was haunting him, watching him... Stalking him. But that was preposterous! There was no one in the room but him! It was too cramped for anyone to be moving so fast to be there one moment and gone the next. Just to reassure himself, Aidan took a moment to search every plausible hiding place in the room. Unsurprisingly, nothing showed up, but this only furthered to increase his own anxiety.

With a sigh, Aidan slipped between his sheets once more and shut his eyes tightly, finally falling into the much-needed sleep he had rightfully earned... But again, that didn't seem to be the case. He awoke with a start, already on his feet and peering around. The area around him was pitch black and the floor was covered in a thin veil of mist that went up only to his ankles. He sighed, immediately recognizing this as a dream... before he realized that's what was wrong. This couldn't be a dream if he was so blatantly aware of it. There was no slow build up, no 'eureka' moment. He'd automatically come to that conclusion, and it set him on edge. He took a cautious step forwards, testing the ground to make sure it was stable, before taking another and another. Soon, all caution and hesitation dissolved into curiosity and Aidan ventured off into the endless dark. As he walked, low voices began evident, first one, then two, then several, all talking to themselves or one another in hushed and frantic tones. Seconds turned to minutes which turned to hours which turned to days. It felt like he'd been walking a literal eternity, unable to stop, unable to slow down, but strangely enough, he didn't want to. Despite the fact that'd he'd been walking for so very long, he felt perfectly fine. The whispers had retained their volume, not once rising above it or getting any closer. It was only when a voice that Aidan could make out and understand that he stopped.

"What doth thee, humans, all seeketh in such a short life?"

He continued to walk after hearing this.
'No point in stopping because for it,' he thought. The other whispers had died and an anxious tension was now present in the air. They were waiting for something, whoever they were. It took a moment for him to realize that he was meant to respond, but how?

"Uh... Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness at the expense of others?"

"Jump. Thee seeth thy raceth for the bottom feedeth'rs those gents art. Thee seeth the world as I seeth it. An abomination."
"...More or less, but you lost me at 'jump'."

A laugh followed Aidan's statement, although it most definitely wasn't his own. It seemed more like a Wizard of Oz witch cackle-cough than a laugh, but he wasn't going to say that to this persons face... Er, where ever said face was. "Wonderful. Wonderful! Not only has't I found a gleek'r, but thy soul and mind art madeth of steel! Thee shall maketh an excellent Sinslay'r!" Before Aidan had a chance to question this voice, a sharp whistle rung out through the void, ear piercing screeches joining it as well. The cacophony only seemed to grow louder with each passing moment until it all came to a sudden halt... And pain. It started in his chest, a single precise thrust akin to that of a needle, but in that instance that was all they shared. He stared at the source of his pain, the reason for his agony blatantly exposed to him now. A slick red sword, impaling him through his chest. A blade larger than any he'd ever seen connected to a hilt larger than anything he'd ever seen. His heart thrummed in his ears, a steady beat despite the fact that a sword was currently embedded in that exact organ. "T-Talk about chest pains... Hehe- Ow, fuck me..." Aidan tilted forwards slightly, gravity coming into play before he was stopped by an unseen force that immediately made itself present. Standing in front of him, their hand resting on the pommel of the weapon in his chest, was a truly monstrous being cloaked in all white. The front of their cloak, however, was ripped and wide open, revealing the fact that they were completely lacking a torso of any kind. "You're an u-ugly fucker..." The creature smiled, a horrific spreading of a nigh invisible crease on their face to reveal pitch black lines that served as lips and row after row of teeth. "Nay. I am Shüümjlel, and thou art mineth." With those few words said, they're tone a dull mix of a man's voice overlying a woman's, Shüümjlel began to force their weapon deeper into the chest of their human captive, causing them an unnecessary amount of pain. In truth, they could have forced the entirety of the weapon in at that moment, but they saw this as the final trial for their host. He would have to be resilient and of strong will to stand against the threats that they would undoubtedly meet in the future, correct?

Aidan roared out in pain as he was forced to his feet, Sinslayer sliding deeper and deeper into his heart inch by agonizing inch. He imagined his entire body must be splitting to make way for the enormous blade, but at the same time, he couldn't feel anything that signified such a thing. What did having your torso split like a watermelon feel like anyway? Pushing the thought aside, or at least he would have had it had been able to conquer the intense pain in the first place, Aidan breathed a sigh of relief as Shüümjlel's palm rest flat against his chest, the rest of the weapon disappearing into... Nothing? The pain had ended and all that resided of it was a memory he'd rather not relieve and a rather understandable curiosity to know what the hell just happened. Sweat poured down from his brow and, while he would have gladly asked just that, he was a bit preoccupied trying to catch his breath and not look at Shüümjlel's perpetual smile.
"Perfection. Anon thee truly art mineth." And with that rather unsatisfying conclusion, Aidan finally awoke from his dream. For realsies, too. Sunlight shone through the cracks in the wall beside him, bathing the room in a golden glow that was all too welcome after having spent so much time in the dark. He breathed a sigh of relief, but... His lips hadn't parted to do so. Weird. Must have been dream jet lag. He primed himself to sit up and made the attempt to do just that before realizing he could move his body. In fact, he couldn't even feel his body. Nothing worked, at least not for him, and none of the regular sensations after having just awoken came either. He was paralyzed... But that thought only lasted for so long when he noticed himself sit up and look around the room, again, not of his own doing.

To say the least, he was in a daze... There was no quip, bad joke or pun to be made as his hijacked body hopped out of bed and began to pace around the room with the stiffness of a robot. Or that of someone who had never used a human body before. They went around the room, collecting his own possessions as long as meaningless trinkets Aidan had previously skipped over. Many seemed to belong to the previous guest at the inn. It almost thirty minutes for the body snatcher to grab everything shiny that interested them (as well as figure out how to operate the door nob), but when they did, they were off and away, rudely ignoring everyone with an unnervingly wide smile on their face. They made no attempt to stop and converse with anyone and neither did those around them, other than to thank Aidan for his assistance around the town. The body snatcher either gave a wave or a low,
"Hello," in his voice. Aidan hadn't put up a tussle in attempts to regain control of his body, content with watching this play out. So far, this person seemed to be taking care with his body, which mostly meant not throwing him into dangerous obstacles and situations, granted they'd only just made it out of town at this point. About a quarter of a mile away from this town, however, Aidan's shambling body just... Stopped. He felt his features relax, the smile he'd worn early falling away. "Here. Taketh thy corse backeth. Twast interesting for awhile, but anon it bores me." Before he could even put up a fight or question whoever this person was, control of his body was returned to him and he was bombarded by all the sensory stimuli he had missed out on earlier. All in all, with everything hitting him at once, it wasn't a very fun time. After taking a few minutes to calm himself and make sure he didn't throw up, Aidan opened his mouth to speak only to be cut off. "Walketh. Thee wanteth answers, and I shall grant those folk. But only if 't be true thee continueth 'long thy current path. So, thee shall walketh and thee shall hark." Aidan blinked several times before shaking his head and ushering his mule along. Lucky him. He got the Shakespeare body snatcher. He may not have been able to make out everything they were saying, but it was easy to understand that walking would get him somewhere, literally and in his predicament. It was a win-win situation.

So, he walked... And he listened. And BOY, was there a lot to listen to...

digital_painting_of_madison_beer_by_stan_dobrzanski-dag3gth.jpg

Luciana

Luciana rolled over with a slight yawn. A sudden burst of adrenaline as she dug her nails into the side of the bed, catching herself. A few panicked breaths disturbed the disastrous nest of matted strands that fell in front of her face. She'd nearly fallen off the bed. Again. Burying her face in the stiff pillow with a groan, she sat upright, dangling her legs over the side of the stack of hospital cots. She'd long since liberated them from their metal stands. She'd have appreciated the height of the beds in their original states, but without power to recline them, they were frozen indefinitely into an uncomfortably ergonomic position.

Allowing her feet to touch the cool, linoleum floor, Luciana glanced back at the pile of mattresses. She'd slept fitfully as usual, and their precarious arrangement showed it. Perhaps she'd piled them too high, but she wanted to make it difficult for the local rats that sought to join her as she slept. She knew she should be considering them as a food source instead of fearing them, but she'd yet to be hungry enough to give the idea much thought. Though, she had to admit that she was getting there.

Pulling open a metal cabinet near her bed, she gazed at her breakfast. Or rather, plastic containers filled with questionably colored liquid. These had been meant to nourish those poor souls whose only source of food was delivered through a tube. Of course, given the method of delivery, taste had been given zero consideration in the formula. Bringing the container to her lips, she held her breath and took several large gulps. The taste was punishing; medicinal. For nearly a month now, though, these bottles had kept her alive, and admittedly better nourished than most food sources she'd scavenged up in the past. She was fortunate that no one really considered hospitals as a source of food.

As she choked down her meal, she moved about the space, checking that all of the doors remained secure throughout the night. Only a few, scant rays of sunlight from the small windows illuminated the darkened hospital basement, and its crumbling, gray tiles. Luciana sat as near the small squares of glass as she could. Administering intravenous fluids was difficult enough without trying to finesse a needle in the dark.

For a long while, she sat there, sighing as the saline drip sent a refreshing coolness trickling through her veins. She hadn't had actual water to drink since it had rained two weeks prior, but she'd stayed hydrated fairly well this way. Of course, it was no substitute for the feeling of cool liquid on a parched throat. Fishing around in the pocket of her sweatpants, she retrieved a smooth plastic button and placed it on her tongue. This way, she could keep her saliva flowing and stave off the feeling of thirst.

Her 'breakfast' out of the way, Luciana packed away a few supplies and slung her bag onto her shoulder. As useful as these liquid meals had been, they were running short despite how well she'd rationed them. She needed to look for more food, and she needed to do it now.

Belial
A black mist was curling up from the dark ooze. Unlike those before it, the mist was without form. It merely lingered, shifting in the air. Slowly, it solidified until bit by bit, it took on the shape of a being. The reaper was now a part of the world around her. She couldn't say she enjoyed the prospect.

The sun was harsh, the air intolerable. How did anything live here? Why would anything want to?

For so long, Belial had been formless; merely a presence of power. To now have shape felt... limiting. Belial hated this vulnerable feeling. Her instructions were to find a host, and she would quickly obey. She wished to insulate herself from the filth of this world as quickly as possible.

Once more becoming the dark mist from which she'd been 'born', Belial took to the skies in search of a suitable vessel. It wasn't long before she felt it- the emanations of a soul whose body was near death. Perhaps first, she would feed.

Luciana clung to the sides of the buildings as she moved through the desolate streets. Dust lingered in the air of the run down medical district. An unpleasant side effect of the constantly crumbling brick structures, many of which were massive. It was one thing to travel alone, but she was acutely aware of the fact that she was a woman alone. Her combat skills were limited to what she could do with the pistol and knife she carried. While she was a decent enough shot, she was no warrior. She couldn't afford to be seen out in the open.

"Stop walking and drop the bag," a male voice barked from behind her.

For reasons just like this. This just isn't my day...

"I don't want any trouble..." she started quietly, raising her hands over her head as she turned to face him. His blue eyes were wide and bloodshot, brunette hair clinging to his sweat-soaked forehead. A dirty, powder blue shirt and jeans were the extent of his equipment... save for the gun. He'd already closed the distance between them, the barrel of his shotgun leveled at her chest. His hands were obviously unsteady. Her heart had already begun to race, the sound of the blood pumping in her ears making it difficult to hear his words.

"Put the bag on the ground. Now."

She was more than willing to give up the supplies, but extra movement seemed like it would just agitate him further. "You're a little shaky on that trigger," she murmured, keeping her hands visible. "If you could just put the gun d-"

"Put the fucking bag on the ground!" he screamed, raising the barrel to her face. Luciana took a breath and held it. The man was flighty. If she moved to take off her bag, he'd likely shoot her anyway. By accident or out of paranoia. In re-positioning the barrel, he'd given her precious little extra space to maneuver. Best not to leave it to chance.

Slowly reaching for the backpack strap, Luciana held his gaze, assuring him that she would be cooperative. A sharp strafe to the side as she threw her body against the alley wall. As anticipated, he fired. The blowback disoriented him for just a moment, but a moment was all she needed. Scrambling around the corner, she narrowly missed another round of buckshot as it crumbled the bricks behind her. She ducked into the derelict building, casting a glance around for somewhere to hide. It was useless. The space was too sparsely furnished.

Her pursuer bolted in after her, his heavy footsteps alerting her to his presence. Her hands raised, she was prepared to make another attempt at surrendering, but fate had other plans.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion. The rotted, wooden floor gave out beneath his weight, collapsing as he fell into the space below. His mouth opened in an 'o' of shock, but no sound came out. A gray cloud of dust and mold spores rose up as he disappeared from sight.

His screams inspired movement in her once more. Tiptoeing to the edge of the hole, Luciana peered over the edge. It was hard to make out, but she could see some movement a story below. A flash of blue, and....The color red.

There's so much blood...

Without hesitation, she braced herself and jumped into the hole after him. Her ankles didn't thank her for it, but she was, thankfully, uninjured. In the partial darkness, she could see that there were pieces of gnarled metal amongst the pile of splintered wood. Many of the pieces were coated in the man's blood. He had to have fallen directly onto them.

Kneeling beside him, she looked over his injuries. He had a massive laceration across his abdomen. The dust in the air was just an invitation to infection. Her own heavy, rapid breathing made the bitter smell of mold and the bright, metallic scent of blood that much more pervasive. She felt her stomach turn a bit, but she needed to hold it together.She needed to stop the bleeding and get it stitched closed. Fast.

Bewildered blue eyes stared at her as she gently rolled up his shirt to assess the damage. "I- I'm sor-"

"Stop talking and don't move,"
she said bluntly, shedding her backpack. "I've got to get some pressure on this." The man fell silent, his eyes beginning to flutter closed.

"Hey! Hey, stay with me here.." she said, fumbling in her bag for alcohol swabs and a roll of bandages. Now that her hands were clean, trembling fingers held the gauze firmly over the man's wound, but it refused to stop bleeding. The color was steadily draining from his face. If she didn't stop the bleeding soon, he'd go into shock.

"Just let him die."

Luciana jumped back with a start. All around her, a dark mist began to fill the air, leeching light from the already darkened space. The next moment it had a vague form, and a set of eyes- hollow sockets that watched her. She felt rooted to the spot.

Her fear quickly gave way to curiosity. Whatever this creature was, if it intended to kill her, she was more than certain she'd already be dead.

"Why waste your resources on a such a worthless being? On an evil soul?"

"I doubt he's evil. He's just afraid. We all are."

"Yet you seem unafraid of me, even considering my form. Besides that, you aid a man who would see you dead. Have you no sense of self-preservation?"

"What makes me any better than him?"

Belial paused for a moment. Humans were all inherently worthless, and so this one had a valid point. Even so, this situation was ideal. The woman was healthy; skilled. She could acquire a host and feed, all at once.

"No matter... you'll make as good a vessel as any."

The moment the mortal opened her mouth to speak, Belial swarmed in, a dark mist that filled her lungs and chilled her core. Luciana could feel her mind being pushed aside; sublimated. She'd lost control of her body. Despite her efforts, she couldn't will herself to do anything. There seemed to be a place of cold and despair within herself that she could not escape. Her lips moved of their own accord.

"Now..." she heard herself say. "It's about time I put you out of my misery." Against her own will, Luciana leaned over the man, her face mere inches from his. His pale, blue eyes were frozen open, though whether it was in shock or horror- she couldn't tell. A dark feeling coursed through her that she struggled to comprehend. It felt like an overwhelming desire that slowly fell away, becoming an equally overwhelming rage.

Her lips parted to release a shriek, but one unlike anything that should be heard in the natural world. As if in response to the sound, the essence of the man's soul forced its way through his mouth and eyes. Luciana could only watch in horror as she drew something into her that was neither smoke nor light, leaving the man looking up at her with the glassy stare of death.

Belial stood, stretching her newly acquired limbs. Movement was simple enough. The voice of the mortal she'd inhabited had fallen silent, likely paralyzed by the euphoria that always followed a successful feeding. Belial felt it too, though she was far from hindered by it.

No, now it was time to move forward with her mission to appease her Master.

Last edited:

tumblr_mhcc3zfm131r6ih28o1_1280.jpg

As soon as all thirteen reapers had become "one" with their host, there came a signal, a low buzzing they could hear in their mind that would increase in volume the further they were away from their goal. The signal originated from an abandoned and broken down warehouse in a barely inhabited city. And the reapers knew without even questioning it, that was where they were to meet with their fellow reapers once again. And finally commence their mission to save all life.

code by spookie spookie

It had been a few hours. The reaper, or Puen, as Percy began to call him on his own time, was actually not as evil and notorious as the general public announced reapers/demons to be in many old books and films. He was cold, yes, but very thoughtful, and always seemed to be focused on a singular thing, never getting distracted. Of course, that could all be wrong, as Percy and Puen had been making talk in the Black Room (which is what Percy had dubbed the room that e and Puen could exist in at the same time), and he was a human, still. Puen also had his thoughts on the human, who had insisted on being called, "Percy" a few times, then stopped as if he understood Puen way of thinking. He only called things that he was not close too be name. For instance, he called himself, the Plague Doctor, and Percy the human, but his other reapers and there possible humans would be called by name. This could change of course, but it was Puens way of thought so far. During those hours, Puen and Percy had actually gotten along quite nicely, after Percy got over the whole, "being possessed and used for the revolution of humanity" thing. Percy had told Puen some of his backstory when the reaper was exploring the house Percy had set up from the ruins, and the reaper had listened, as it was intriguing, nonetheless, as well as telling of the history of the world he known long ago. For you see, Puen had never known about the human race until the second he came into existence. Hearing about it beforehand helped him expand his knowledge.

So, to clarify, Percy and Puen weren't buddy-buddy exactly, bu they were good at communicating, and were on the same page. They could easily shift from human to reaper conscience, so that was helpful too. And as Percy was in control, kneeling to look out a small crack in the wall, explaining something else about his favorite color, when the buzzing started. He almost fell on his backside, hen he realized that it strong the more he moved backwards in a direction. With the help of the reaper in the Black Room, they deduced that it was some form of calling card for the reapers, as Puen had told Percy they were only told to do so many things after being created. So, after carefully pulling down a few boards, Percy, still in drivers seat, tried walking toward the loudness of the buzzing, only to have quickly retreat, as it was too much for him. So Puen deduced they should walk the direction of the buzzing as it disappeared. So the driver, Percy, and the navigator, Puen started walking down the street the house had been on.

A few hours later, they saw in the distance a run-down building that was either a storage garage or a warehouse. Percy adjusted the pack on his shoulders ( which he brought, or course), and headed for the looming silhouette.

Melody
Shiemi%20Moriyama.png

Snow stretched her hands out, her fingers not webbed anymore. Of course it wasn’t truly Snow who was doing this but Melody… Melody wearing Snow like a suit.

“Oh how pretty. Your hands are so very very pretty.” Melody purred from Snow’s mouth. The true human girl was watching from inside her head, unable to control anything.
“Why are you doing this to me? What did you do to me?” Snow’s physical body shivered slightly, tears welling up.

Melody was having none of that. The buzzing in her head meant that she was to go somewhere to start this mission. Melody didn’t mind saving humans… she had a craving for them.

“We are going to save the world Snow. You and I and 12 others. Don’t fret my sweet little human, as soon as we get to where we need to go I’ll let you have your body again.” Melody stood up, shaky and unsure. She had never had legs before… one step… two.

“I think I’m getting the hang of this!” She clapped happily and started their walk to the buzzing.

Snow bit her lip and looked out of the eyes of her body, not feeling like it was hers right now. “Melody… you said earlier the Devil made you… is that true? Are you a demon?”

“I’m a reaper actually. A siren to be exact. Well… all the others are different types of monsters but they are now hidden away in human shells, possessing them.” Melody saw some village boys and winked, earning startled glances. Snow was never this outgoing or flirtatious. It would just be asking for trouble.
“Melody you need to stop… they could hurt me. You. Us…”

Melody rolled her...Snow’s eyes. “Please. You have some of my powers now sweet Snow. You have the gifts and allure of a siren. Your voice will make ANYONE you meet feel at ease with you. Your looks will be enchanting I am sure when you are in water like me. And when you are in water… your voice and song will memorize people to fall in love. Just like how I made you fall in love sweet Snow.”

“You did… I don’t love you anymore. Why… why did it act so strongly on me?”

“Strongly? Snow if it had been strong I would have killed you not possessed. I tried out three different hosts before you. All beautiful girls now dead at the bottom of lakes and ponds. Their bloated bodies will arise again when they start to decompose.” Melody laughed softly and they travelled on, growing close to a warehouse.

“Well this is it. What a lovely place for a little reunion.”

“You… you are so horrific. You are evil! Killing those girls! How will the others… will they be as evil as you?”

Melody… Snow, smiled slow while her eyes narrowed. “My sweet Snow. I haven’t had a chance to meet them all officially but I doubt anyone made by the Devil is any less evil then I am. Never forget that we would kill you all, care nothing of humanity if not for our orders.”

Snow gulped, sinking further into the depths of her mind. What a sense of security… a sense of safety…

“Snow stop. You can’t go that far in.” Melody let out a warning growl to the host stuck in the back of her mind.

“Why?”

“If you lose that strong will of yours… I’ll drive you insane. And I haven’t had enough fun yet. Now don’t worry. No one will hurt this body of yours. It’s like a game Snow. And all games have rules. You’ll be safe… from the others. But always be cautious. Not everyone follows the rules like me.”

“I didn’t take you for a rule follower Melody.”

“Well I love games. I like toying with my prey first and rules and games are a perfect way to get the unaware and weak to play.”

Snow’s body came up to the door of the warehouse. "It's time." Both she and Melody took a breath… before walking in.

Belial

For hours now, Belial had shuffled Luciana's feet across crumbled brick and years of dust and dead grass, a newly acquired shotgun in hand. She didn't know where her body was being taken, and she still had no control. It was as if whatever had taken control of her had a vice-like grip on her spirit. The grip seemed even more powerful with the addition of a sudden, insistent buzzing. Although she wasn't in control, Luciana felt the pull that the sound created.

'What is that?' she thought, hoping she could at least be heard.

Belial didn't miss a step as she scanned the abandoned industrial district. So the mortal still had enough awareness to speak. It was just as well. If her mind had broken, her body would be soon to follow. That would have proven to be inconvenient, especially when she was so close to her goal.

"My Master is calling," Belial said finally, lengthening her stride as the buzzing grew in intensity.

Luciana was almost afraid to ask, but she did anyway. 'Your master? Who is that?'

"The Prince of the power of the air. The morning star. The God of this world. My master has many names. I believe you mortals know him best as... the Devil."

From somewhere deep within, the mortal's soul quieted and shrank away, becoming silent once more. There was a pang of something that Belial could feel; an emotion.

Despair.

There was no time to dwell on that for now. She was here. Pressing her palms to the rusted metal door, Belial stepped in, examining her surroundings. There were two here already, though, compared to the mortal she'd chosen, they seemed to be mere children. They, too, reeked of the taint of Abaddon. Standing equidistant from both of them, Belial waited in silence.

Soon...

Last edited:

Reaper: LuxLocation: The Meeting Place

Dante slowly pushed himself to his feet, the pale blue whip falling away from his form as he rose up. His eyes darted around, looking for the Reaper. Just moments before, it had descended upon him, but.... Now it seemed to be gone...

'Looking for me?' A familiar voice cooed in his head.

"Where the hell are you?!" Dante hissed, reaching down for his gun, but instead, his hand found the immaculately wrapped handle of the creature's whip.

'I'm offended that you're pretending not to feel it.... You know I'm inside you....'

Dante felt a shudder through his body. So that was the cold chill he felt in his core... That... thing was inhabiting him now. He focused on his breathing, trying to calm himself down even as his heart raced in his chest.

"What the hell is it you want?...."

'I already told you. I'm giving you power to save this wretched world of yours. Or at least... that's what my boss wants me to do.....' The voice trailed off. 'But frankly.... I don't much care for fighting... I'm a lover, not a fighter, after all.. So, I'll leave the fighting to you.... I'll focus on my other objective....'

"..... And what would be your other objective?...." Dante ventured to ask, feeling a little odd talking to himself, but questions needed answers.

'Oh that's simple... I want to build the ultimate harem....'

Dante stopped in place. Surely he somehow misheard a voice in his head. That couldn't possibly be what this thing was actually after, right? How did things go from saving the world to..... building a harem?!

'So congratulations.... This body of yours is going to see all the action it can handle. Be grateful, most of the other reapers aren't quite so nice. I'm letting you have control of your body. Unless, of course, I see someone that catches my eye... In those cases, you'll just have to enjoy the ride....' Lux chuckled in his head.

Dante's palm met his forehead. "You can't be serious...." Dante muttered, rubbing his temples. This had to be some kind of fucked up joke....

'On the contrary... I am always serious when it comes to sexual matters. After all, I am an incubus, and such matters increase my strength...'

Dante opened his mouth to say more, but a buzzing interrupted him, causing him to flinch where he stood. "The fuck is that?!"

'Oh dear... it seems I took longer than I should have to make you submit.... we're being summoned...'

"And just who the hell is summoning us?"

'That would be the boss... Or, I suppose you'd call him the devil...'

The devil?! What the actual fuck was going on here?! Dante took a deep breath to calm himself down. He had to think this through. So he was possessed, no doubt Lux could take back control whenever the thought occurred to him, and now the Devil was calling him...

"Refusing isn't exactly an option, is it?" Dante ventured to ask, already feeling the buzzing growing louder in his head.

'Not unless you want to lose your sanity and life' Lux replied nonchalantly. 'I'll fill you in on the details on the way. Now move along, Dante. If you're late what I did to you will be gentle by comparison to what the Boss will do.'

Dante sighed as he made his way to the meeting point. Perhaps the one saving grace was that it wasn't too terribly far from his hideout. Even still, his mind was reeling from all the information Lux had given... So now he, a loner and a thief, was supposed to team up with a bunch of other possessed people to try and save the world. Oh, and to top it off, now he had some supernatural powers he was still trying to understand.

His hand fell to his side to rest on the handle of one of two whips strapped to his side. It was a strange weapon, but as Lux informed him, it could channel electricity, among other things. One of the only positives to this whole fuster-clucked situation was that Lux allowed Dante access to his demonic powers. Perhaps Dante should just be grateful Lux was so disinterested in anything that wasn't related to his harem... After all, it meant he got to keep control of his body, for the most part at least.

As he crested a hill, an abandoned warehouse came into view. It wasn't anything special, as far as Dante was concerned. Which basically meant there was nothing valuable worth taking. Even still, he felt drawn to the warehouse. Despite the calling, he wasn't exactly content to use the front door. Who knows what kind of monsters would be waiting for him inside?

Spying an open window, he unstrapped one of the whips from his waist. With a flick of his wrist, the whip wrapped around a rafter inside and he was able to slip silently into the open window and onto the rafters inside. Even Lux seemed moderately impressed.

'Well well.... You certainly came quietly inside....' At this point, Dante was fairly certain Lux was doing this shit on purpose to try and rattle him.

Sticking to the shadows of the rafters, he maneuvered so he could see those below him. Three, it seemed, had beaten him here. What shocked him, though, was that they looked completely human. Perhaps he should have figured as much, given his own state. He wondered if any of them were in control, or if the reapers had taken it from them by force, like Lux suggested they would.

'It seems my compatriots hit the jackpot!' Dante could feel Lux's excitement as his eyes were forced to go from one rack to the other. For the sake of the children, Lux's comments from here will not be mentioned. Suffice it to say, they were dirty to a high degree.

Dante rubbed his temples, trying to tune out the voice in his head as he waited, trying to focus on using his peripheral vision to observe more of the situation than Lux seemed to want to focus on. There were more coming. For now, he wanted to observe as much as he could since Lux seemed to be of little help now that he, from this angle, could see down the shirts of the females below.

Dante only hoped that Lux wouldn't do something stupid and give away where he was....

Coshani
boop
Nora
boop
The first hour or so was confusing. For the both of them. It was strange having to go through someone else to do what they wanted to do. Coshani had to explain her mission, and Nora had to explain that humans need things like going to the bathroom and sleeping. The comments on that one were.. less the courteous, and it was tough falling asleep when a voice in her head was resisting at every step, claiming how sleeping was boring and that she wanted to go do something. Make that two voices, her own and Coshani's. She'd learned her name after having to drag it out of her.
I
Nora gave up on sleeping after enough complaining, as well as the commotion that was going on at the Inn. Looks like a couple of Early Birds had found the bodies. That's not good. No, it's not. Can you do something about it? Are you kidding? This is amazing. Uh huh.. How is it both amazing and not good? It's amazing in the sense that they have no clue to cause of the commotion, that being myself. It's not good, because we have to go meet with the others and this may get in the way. Okay then.
have
The situation was.. unusual. She was possessed, she had to help save the world, and most of the people that kept the Inn's low quality, yet convenient, bar in business were now dead. Nora figured that she should pack up and get going. Though, it was a shame to be leaving the community she'd been around to see the beginnings of.
no
Maybe she could return. Yeah, we're probably not coming back. Shut up. She could hear the reaper's laughter echoing in her mind. This would get annoying. At least she had "allowed" her to keep control of her own body. "For the mundane, but necessary things", she'd claimed. Currently, Coshani wasn't really doing much, just making the occasional comment. It's called rest. You should try it. I did.
clue
She'd packed some foodstuffs, some water, some of her more movable equipment, the battered up baseball bat that had gotten her to Ho De-ot in the first place, and her music of course. Her personal favorite was the "Roadtripping" USB stick, but "Trip to Vegas 1998" had had some good songs on it before her cassette player had broken. The end result was a bag that was too heavy to lift far, so she removed some things, mainly her equipment.
what
It was about then that a buzzing noise had entered her mind. Ooh~ It's time. Head away from that, the quiet is what you want. But why, that seemed to be the opposite of how it should be. That's Hell for you.
I'm
Leaving the town had been easy, everyone was either still asleep or at the Inn. She had left a note in her shop giving some kind of bullshit excuse. The sound grew quieter as she headed South on the main road, so South she went.
doing

After a couple hours of avoiding other travelers, she (they?) made it to what looked to be the source of the sound. Coshani confirmed it for her. "There it is, that warehouse over there." Nora was exhausted, she'd been up since a couple hours past sunrise yesterday, and it didn't seem like the moon was going to stay up for much longer. I can take over you know. That wouldn't help unless she got to sleep. Would it? Nah, it was a decent offer but she didn't quite trust Coshani yet, call it what you call it, the reaper had killed a lot of people back there.
aaaaa
Fine then. Anyway, inside should be my fellow reapers. I haven't seen any of them since I was born, which was about... several hours ago now. What!? Shush, that's besides the point. Right now they're in there with other humans as their vessels. We're going to go in there, and we're going to make things as chaotic as possible. Hold on, I thought we were saving the world here. Okay fine, but after that.
aaaaa
She took a deep breath, and entered the warehouse.

Diala & Diego

It had only been a few hours since the pair had struck their partnership. And Diala was already wearing on Diego's mind. Everytime she saw something that interested her she asked about it. She was like an inquisitive small child with the power to probably wipe him off the face of the Earth, if not for the fact that she continuously reminded him that she wasn't a fighter. That's part of the reason she chose him as a host, to cover her weaknesses. "And yet you managed to put a blade against my throat."

"I read your mind Diego. Despite continuing to hide your past form me, really well done since we've merged by the way, but I could easily read the actions you were wanting to perform. And merely copied them." She smiled as the soundless movements of Diego's boots hitting the dirt continued to plague them both. "You still are uncomfortable about this aren't you?"

"Not making sound when I walk or move is rather weird. Its unnatural."

"Silence is the original state of the universe. There was originally nothing, then you all brought noise into it. So I'd say that sound is the more unnatural state of things."

"Touche." Diego sighed as he pulled out another cigarette. He'd gone through five in a couple of hours. Diala was fairly nice for a reaper, but she was definitely difficult to deal with. "So you said that eventually, we're going to be called to meet your siblings. And worst of all, you said that we're going to be an anchor for this group?"

"Well, I read their minds as we all awoke into this world. The other twelve, well they weren't as friendly or curious as I was. So I have a feeling conflict will arise, but the good news is that as long as they're within thirty feet of us, we can silence whichever of my kin are being a problem."

"And all I have to do is point at them for that to work."

"Indeed. However, it would be best not to flaunt this ability. My kin will not like knowing that I have the ability to cancel their possession, even if for a moment."

"My life became a lot harder because of you didn't it?" Yet another sigh left his lips along with a puff of smoke. It was like the universe had just decided to rain down on his parade, but instead of just raining regular water, it had been upgraded to acid rain.

"Well, we ARE saving the world. It wouldn't be necessary if it were----" Her words were cut off by the buzzing that seemed to be coming from the direction they were headed. "Well, it seems that our Boss had decided to gather us. Which means everybody's got a host."

"Oh boy. And by boss, you mean the big red guy with a pitchfork, right?"

"No." Diala spoke calmly. "He doesn't carry a pitchfork and he's not red. From what I remember, he looked oddly human so people felt more inclined to make deals with him."

"Sounds like something he'd do."

"He's a very wise man. And although he wants to torment this world, he's the only one willing to save it. Can you hold a grudge against him still?"

"It's not like he tried to make a deal with me, so no. I can't hold a grudge." Diego let out a puff of smoke as he adjusted his backpack. Plus, I get a chance to redeem myself.

"What has caused you to be so focused on redemption?"

"I told you to stop reading my personal thoughts!"

"Sorry Diego. But we're together now. Our thoughts are shared, just like our senses."

"Ugh. You're helping me get a lot more smokes. Got it?" He huffed in irritation as he walked towards the ever fading sound of whomever was calling them.

Several hours passed when Diego and Diala had arrived at the warehouse. Their mind silently infiltrating the others consciousnesses. It seemed three of the five to arrive were either fighting their reaper or completely under the control. Anyway we can get rid of them for a moment? Diego though to Diala as she seemed to already have a response. We could make the dome, but the man in the rafters with the rather pervy reaper would be outside the area of effect. Diego gritted his teeth. He didn't want his first meeting to be with the reapers. He wanted to talk to the humans and try to help ease them into dealing with the situation, even if it meant exposing himself. Two out of three will have to do. Create the field Diala. He could feel her agreeing as their presence expanded. Quickly walking in to the room he approached the four on the ground, keeping himself about five feet away. "So, you all are our compatriots in this madness?" The reapers are silent for now. However, they're all on the edge of our power. If they move away from you, they'll realize what happened. Diego merely shrugged internally. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

littleberry littleberry AngelicSavant AngelicSavant Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Squad141 Squad141

Ovia sat trembling on the ground, this couldn't be happening. This shouldn't be happening!

"But it is.", Lorelai reminded from inside her. Ovia shuddered. She had managed to take back control over her body, but not completely. She could control her upper body including her own mouth, but she could not make her legs turn back. Turn back and take her back home, back to her family, or what remained of it. So she used what little control she had over her own body, to sit down and try to will this creature out of her.

"It won't work."
"Shut up."
"I'm only telling you the truth."
"I don't care! Get out of my head!"
"No."

Ovia screamed out in frustration and despair, this wasn't fair. Why her?

"Because you are a good person. That is why I chose you over all others."
"What others?"
"Others that failed my test."
"...When you stole my voice."
"You would have died had you not taken it back from me."

Ovia finally looked up, giving a tired smile to nothing. "That's really fucked up y'know? Punishing someone for being a good person..."

"I am aware. Though this is not a punishment my dear, it is a privilege. The world needs help, as much as I hate it, and it needs people like you helping it." Lorelai giggled quietly, "So, will you let me take control again? I do tire of fighting you and I'd rather you be compliant as opposed to you screaming in our head all day long."

Ovia felt tears surface, "I'm not going to ever see her again...am I?"

Lorelai stayed silent and wiped her face before standing, she looked back at the peculiar place Ovia called home and smiled as she turned away from it. "You have many good memories there," she spoke with Ovia's voice as she walked, "...and many horrid ones too." She heard Ovia crying in her head and kept walking with a blank expression on the face that wasn't her own, "It's best not to think of your godmother right now, think of how saving this world, could by extension save her in the end."

"Don't try to manipulate me like some idiotic child...just walk...", Ovia warned fiercely from her own mind before crying softly once more. To her surprise, Lorelai listened, and as she walked, explained. Ovia was eventually able to calm herself down enough to listen, and was truly intrigued. She was not surprised at the existence of demons, the devil, reapers. What surprised her was what they were attempting to do.

"Save the Earth? Really? I though the Devil was supposed to bring the end of days, not stop it.", Ovia commented nonchalantly.

"He would bring the end of days and then what? A true Lord, rules over a thriving kingdom where things run as they should, they do not let everything die and go to ruin.", Lorelai explained in a curt manner.

Ovia could understand this, it made sense. Gods had apparently abandoned them, which was very easy to believe, so it was a relief that at least something was on their side. The devil...fuck this whole situation was strange. "So...is the devil like your dad or something?"

They were both interrupted in their question and answer session by a buzzing noise in their head. Lorelai smiled excitedly, "Ah, there it is."

"What? What is that, it's really annoying."

Lorelai hummed in response and immediately began walking in a different direction, "That is the point. We are supposed to meet with my fellow reapers as soon as possible, so the closer we are to them, the quieter the noise in our head will be."

Ovia nearly laughed, "Like an alarm clock..."

"I have no knowledge of what that is."

-​

As they arrived at the warehouse where the noise in their head completely ceased, Lorelai stopped. Ovia became confused as to why she had stopped. "What's wrong?"

Lorelai shook her head and opened her mouth. Ovia was confused as to why she wa-Oh fucking hell what the fuck was that in her throat. Ovia wanted to gag at the sensation of what she now saw to be a spider crawling out of her mouth and down her body. She felt sick.

"How the fuck-? I-! You! WHY?", Ovia screamed in her own head.

"I do recall saying I don't like when you scream in our head. It is a scout, do not worry."

"The only thing I'm worried about is that fact that you just made me throw up a spider! Where did it even come from!", Ovia whispered loudly still not wanting to anger the creature that inhabited her body. She watched the spider crawl closer towards the warehouse and then stop and turn back around.

Lorelai hummed in intrigue, something was off, but her little scout couldn't even tell her what. "We're going in through the roof, I want a better look at the situation."

"You're never going to answer me are you?"

Ovia was ignored as Lorelai made her way over to the side of the warehouse and placed her bare hands flat on the metal wall, and began to climb effortlessly, not grabbing on to anything to keep her there. Ovia was speechless, it was exactly like a spider, but her body was still human, regardless of what abilities the creature possessing her had. Right?

Once they had made it to the top, Ovia was surprised to see the back of a man in the shadows. Who was he? He was moving, so definitely alive, but why was he here? Perhaps he was another person like her, but if so, why was he up on the rafters?

"Brace yourself." Lorelai's voice resounded in her mind for a moment before she approached the man. Ovia was shocked at Lorelai's ability to balance on the rafters, for if she had been in control, she would have likely already fallen. Even with her heavy survival pack in one hand, Lorelai was able to keep Ovia's body upright and unwavering on the metal bars as if she were standing on solid ground.

"This is going to be confusing, so don't try to take over, you'll just get confused." Lorelai again spoke in her mind and Ovia could practically feel her head swimming. What had she been brought into?

Xoh opened his eyes. He looked at his hands: it was not his hands, it was Blake's.
Hello, mortal. Xoh said, in Blake's mind.

"W-Who... w-who... w-what are you?" said Blake, very scared. He looked around.
I am Xoh, one of... the Devil's reapers. I am in your mind. I control you. Stop looking around, you won't find anything.

"D-Devil's... reapers?... W-Why... are you here? Where are we going?" asked Blake. Xoh suddenly started moving. Blake tried to make him stop, but that was not possible. He continued moving.
We are going towards your death. Xoh wasn't going to tell him why he was here just yet, he had to at least have some fun. Luckily for him, Blake was an easy one to trick and was quite fragile.

"Stop! Stop moving!" Xoh continued moving towards "his death." Xoh had to listen to Blake yelling things, as he was walking towards a warehouse.
"A..a... w-warehouse?... T-turn back! N-n-now!" yelled Blake.

Blake couldn't help but wonder what Xoh was doing. Actually, he was wondering that all along. One of the Devil's reapers? What? Blake wasn't one to believe in anything. God, fake. The Devil, fake.

Then, Xoh stopped in front of the warehouse. Shall we go in? Before Blake could answer, he felt himself entering the warehouse.

Destrey
This wasn't hard to maneuver. It was just a fleshy vessel, nothing more than that. Well, maybe it was able to destroy the entire world in one swing!... Nah, The Devil would be mad and Destrey had doubts of the human body. Hearing a buzzing, Destrey acted quickly by using Colt's athletic speed towards the location. He would then use his enhanced senses to help him navigate.

"A wonderful body, right!?" He exclaimed menacingly. "This body is pretty fast, just what I needed!"

"Hold on," said Colt. "What are we doing? And we're we going?"

"You question a lot of things. Well, since I'm taking control of your body, I have to go to a location. A place to meet the other reapers like me!"

"Oh god... Are they going to possess me as well?"

Destrey laughed maniacally but still kept running towards his location. He picked up several disgusting scents from around the area, it didn't help out like he wanted it to. His hearing, however, was able to find what he was looking for. Several footsteps were all heading to the same location, perfect! It should be the other reapers and their humans.

"Listen Colt, we're almost there. I'll test your body's capabilities soon enough."

"Wait, what do you mean? I'll let you know, my body isn't capable of shooting plasma blasts or other nonsense!"

Destrey took note of this information and made it to the location. Some kind of building? He wouldn't know if it was super durable or weak. One way to find out of course: Destrey's Super Strength.

"Listen, we're here. But since there's no way in-I don't see a door-I'll punch in a new door!" Without any hesitation, he used his right hand and punched the wall. One of the warehouse's wall collapsed, showing a hole. Destrey's planned worked but at the cost of Colt's right hand was broken.

"YOU IDIOT! HUMANS AREN'T DURABLE ENOUGH TO RECOVER FROM THAT! MY HAND IS BROKEN NOW!"

"Ey, just shake it off. And STOP YELLING!" Destrey then put Colt back in control in his body. He was done for now.

The impact had definitely screwed Colt's right hand. Trying to walk it off inside the warehouse, he kneeled down. "You suck, Destrey..." he painfully mumbled. He wrapped his jacket around his hand like a bandage. This experience sucked badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back