Aaron

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
Wenton is pretty broken. Broken roads, broken houses, broken families, broken piggy banks. It's not really all that wonderful, to be honest, always on the edge of falling apart. But when you put something back together, the cracks make it unique and different, they tell the story of how it got broken and what someone did about it. That's why I love it here. I'm a fixer. I fix broken things, that's what I do.

AnimeGuySteampunkWorker.jpg

Name: Aaron Wymer

Looks: Taller than most other "kids" his age,Aaron is the simple-and-rugged type of handsome, he's not the type to go out of his way for appearance. Light brown hair, brown eyes, and toned skin from work in the sun, Aaron prefers practical and comfortable apparel to attractive ones. He's typically got a pair of heavy-duty leather gloves in his back pocket, anytime, anyplace, and leather belts around his thighs for holding the various wrenches, hammers, and grips in his trade. He's never seen in anything but a pair of jeans and his heavy boots, though his shirt can range from a light tanktop to a plaid flannel to a graphic tee depending on which is most appropriate for the occasion.

Personality: Aaron is a gentle giant with a heart of gold, always willing to stick up for the little guy or offer a piece of advice and a helping hand. He's kind and compassionate to the point of being seen as kind of a wimp by the "tough guy" crowd, but he'd rather live down a reputation as being too nice than being like them. No one has ever remembered Aaron to say a harsh word or raise his voice more than a handful of times, but those that have witnessed such a time have looked on him in a newfound awe and respect for the quiet rage he keeps so well contained. Truth is, he harbors a lot of anger and resentment, not at others but himself, and berates himself for being so far behind his fellow students at Wenton. He keeps it secret that he has a rather low self-esteem and wishes that life had panned out differently, but is also philosophical enough to understand that he can't control every circumstance. He's hard on himself and soft on those around him, acting as the role model he wishes he had growing up.

Academics: Average in overall studies, he excels at creative subjects such as writing and shop activities, but struggles with maths and sciences. An odd predicament, seeing as he has a mechanical mind, working for years at the family automotive shop will do that to a young man, he works well with hands-on application but has trouble remembering formulas and conversions that have to do with abstract numbers. He's not much for social interactions since he feels detached from his classmates, being several years older than most of them. He'd rather spend his time under a car or tinkering with a troublesome tractor than sitting in a classroom, but his mother insists that he gets a decent education to make a viable living in the world. 

Extracurricular: Working in his family's automotive shop, the one wedged between all of the gas stations on the edge of the highway. He runs the majority of the business, the one thing his alcoholic father taught him growing up, with the help of a few other trusted associates. Aaron "inherited" the automotive shop when his father turned to the bottle as the answer for his sorrows, moaning about life being too hard, while his wife lived in silent fear of him. It was for these reasons that Aaron dropped out of school at a young age, barely halfway through middle school, when his drunken father drove out of town one day and never returned, taking the family's life savings with him. As he grew older, his mother insisted that he finish his education, and her persistence eventually made him take up classes again, despite being nearly four years behind the other students in his grade. He still works at the shop whenever he's not at school, though management of the shop is technically in his father's name, most of their clients and even the town government pretty much seems to assume that he will inherit the company when he comes of age, leaving it in the name of his family for legal reasons.

Hobbies: Enjoys painting, especially landscapes. He often drives to the edge of town and just paints the sunsets past the great trunks of the redwoods or sits in the forest and paints a collection of rocks and leaves he found interesting. His artwork is hanging up in the office of the automotive shop, seemingly out of place with all the beautiful colours surrounded by grimy tools and oily rags. He's not really into athletics as organized events, he's never joined any sort of sport club or team, but he enjoys a casual game of soccer in the park with the local kids or going for a brisk jog in the early morning.

Power: Aura Sight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back