• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Y A M A - Japanese Horror-Mystery

mindheist

your vibes, m’lord
Hey guys, Danni here! This is an idea for my first quest log so tell me if you're interested in participating!

-

G E N E R A L

Setting: Tokyo, Japan

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Suspense

Inspiration: Another, the anime

S T O R Y L I N E

On the morning of October 2, 2016, 16-year-old Fujino Ayama was found dead in the school pool at Kaisei High. The medical examiner reported a sign of blunt trauma on her skull where her head hit the edge of the pool when she fell in. There were no signs of foul play and the investigator ruled the death as an accident, citing that Ayama slipped on the slippery surfaces of the natatorium, hit her head, and drowned.

Time has passed since the incident. You are currently a third-year student at Kaisei High. The school year has, so far, been relatively peaceful and you are waiting for graduation when spring arrives. This changes however when on the night of the one-year anniversary of Ayama's death, everyone in Class 1A receives an ominous text from an unknown phone number. At first everyone treats it as a prank but as time goes on, the cryptic messages turn into death threats that slowly become fulfilled. One by one, someone is terrifying the students at Kaisei in memory of Ayama, and whoever it is, they're out to kill.

You may not be the first victim. You may not be the second victim. But if you don't hurry to uncover the truth behind what really happened on the night that Ayama died, then you are bound to be next.

C H A R A C T E R

You will be playing a student in his third year at Kaisei. How you met Ayama as well as how you interact with classmates and piece together the clues of the mystery will depend on the voters and impact the path of the story.

-

What do you guys think? If this gains enough interest, then I should have the official thread up some time this weekend. Comment below with any thoughts, questions, or suggestions and thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds cool! It reminds me of the book "Confessions" by Kanae Minato with the whole pool incident, and I can totally see where you get your inspiration from Another... My only question is: Why do you have to play a male student? Is it an all-male school, or is this supposed to be some reverse harem story as well as horror? X_X I just... I'm confused as to why we're only supposed to play male characters.

@iiimee

Hi! I've never heard of "Confessions" before but I'll check it out. As for the male role, no it's not an all-male school and it is definitely not a reverse harem. I just prefer to write about male characters and I think it'll be better if I write about a character I'll be motivated to do than write about one that I'm not

Danniii said:
@iiimee
Hi! I've never heard of "Confessions" before but I'll check it out. As for the male role, no it's not an all-male school and it is definitely not a reverse harem. I just prefer to write about male characters and I think it'll be better if I write about a character I'll be motivated to do than write about one that I'm not
X_X Oh, I'm stupid... So there's only one char... Heh, I want to do a quest log where there's several, but anyway, this would be fun to join! xD

iiimee said:
X_X Oh, I'm stupid... So there's only one char... Heh, I want to do a quest log where there's several, but anyway, this would be fun to join! xD
Yeah you'll only be able to control the main character because too many will be way too confusing, especially since it's a mystery quest

Danniii said:
Yeah you'll only be able to control the main character because too many will be way too confusing, especially since it's a mystery quest
I'm not sure. I think it'd be easy in some situations. For example, a murder mystery where the characters have to work in teams to survive, as well as fight against the other teams... I can see how that could be easily managed within a quest log...

iiimee said:
I'm not sure. I think it'd be easy in some situations. For example, a murder mystery where the characters have to work in teams to survive, as well as fight against the other teams... I can see how that could be easily managed within a quest log...
Aha, I'll just stick to my original idea. I feel like it'll work best. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Danniii said:
Aha, I'll just stick to my original idea. I feel like it'll work best. Thanks for your suggestion though!
Eh, not as much suggesting as speculating, but yeah, this'll be fun. :P

Kirwinning said:
Horror RPs are my thing chicken wing. Horror stuff in general honestly.
I'm actually too chicken to watch horror. I much more prefer writing it lol

U P D A T E S

Hey guys, sorry for the wait! Here are some updates in case you guys are wondering what's up.

• I change the name of the quest from "R U THERE?" to "A Y A M A" because I felt that it's more fitting
  • The gender of the MC is no longer male. You guys can decide the gender when the quest starts
  • The first post has been written though I'm not planning on publishing it until the BBCode I requested is finished
  • However, if the BBCode does not come in by Thursday, I'll start the quest anyway since I'll be done with my AP tests when the afternoon comes rolling along
  • Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who has expressed interest in this! I appreciate each and every one of you, and don't worry, there are only 3 days left until we can start

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Hey guys, "AYAMA" is now up and running! Click HERE for the thread. I have posted the first part, so make sure to vote in the "Vote Here" tab!

Thank you for being patient and I hope to see you guys there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back