A Wild Lurker Has Appeared!

BeteNoire

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Lurker
I suppose I should introduce myself while I'm here. So, hi! The name's Noir as you can see. I generally suck at introductions, so I'll try my best to make this short, sweet and somewhat informative.

I'm 26, I live in the middle of nowhere, Kentucky, and I'm a writer at heart. Despite my favourite outlet being short stories I have a horrible tendency of never finishing any of them. I do love RP, and I've been at it for about 12 years... I'm rounding up, I really don't remember when I got started, my memory is very spotty on a whole. Ugh. Moving on. RP-wise, I do have a penchant for long, detailed responses. I have no self control. I tend to stick to the supernatural, high fantasy and sci-fi genres. The more original the concept, the more likely I am to join. Or if you have vampyres, I love them to itty-bitty bits and pieces (assembly required)! Someone really should blame the lovely Anne Rice for this slight obsession.

I'm also an anime fan-girl in one of the worst ways, if I reference something and you're not sure what it was it's prolly something anime/manga related. I'm crazy about anything Miyazaki made, Doctor Who, Skins, American Horror Story, Harry Potter, the Joker (not Batman, I don't like him), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.... Have I covered all the fandoms yet? No... I'll add more as I remember them.

If you want to know more about me, just ask. I'm almost always lurking somewhere in the background.

That's all for now, ta!

- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Lurker

Last edited:
Welcome!

Based on your interests, I think we would get along great! I'm in Tennessee, right next to the Kentucky line so I know what it means to live in the middle of nowhere!

Feel free to send me a message if you want a friend!

Welcome aboard! I was in Kentucky this past summer actually (and Tennessee the one before that) and I've been enjoying some Kentucky Bourbon here :D .

Oh wow, thank you so much for the warm welcomes!

JokerValentine JokerValentine , it's okay, I'll recover from the disappointment. Slowly. With ice cream. But I do love the name.

BunnyDemon BunnyDemon , yes, someone understands my suffering! I will def be sending you a message as soon as I can (pesky ten post thingy). I love making new friends.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf , come for the (Idk, why you'd voluntarily come here, tbh... Still trying to figure that out for myself, haha)... Stay for the bourbon. It's the best.

Webhead Webhead Thanks, Spiderman! ?

Heyo : ) I'm a songwriter..but have always been interested in rp...My name is Tessa. I'm 16 and from absolutely nowhere. I live in Indiana.

Heyo : ) I'm a songwriter..but have always been interested in rp...My name is Tessa. I'm 16 and from absolutely nowhere. I live in Indiana.

I'd be more than happy to show you the ropes if you'd like, Tessa. And please note, just across the river is a much better place. Louisville kinda rocks, haha.

That'd be cool...you'd be closer than most people. My town is soooooooooo small...but I graduate after next school year, so I can just move.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf , come for the (Idk, why you'd voluntarily come here, tbh... Still trying to figure that out for myself, haha)... Stay for the bourbon. It's the best.

Well I came for the bourbon/distilleries, at least partly! But also to visit the home of Henry Clay in Lexington, since I'd visited Thomas Jefferson's and James Madison's in Virginia the summer before, and check out both Churchill Downs and Keeneland racetracks; I saw plenty of beautiful scenery, around Versailles and the Keeneland racetrack...got "lost" (purposely) one day driving through the little roads near Keeneland! If it meant staying at the Storybook Inn in Versailles again, I'd definitely go back (not to mention the prospect of bourbon and other things:xFcool:)!

Hello and welcome to the site BetteNoir! I'm from Sweden so my English might not be the best. However, I thought lurker ment something along the lines of jerk/idiot/moron, haha! I thought the thread title was a bit weird before I actually looked up the word. =)

Last edited:
Well I came for the bourbon/distilleries, at least partly! But also to visit the home of Henry Clay in Lexington, since I'd visited Thomas Jefferson's and James Madison's in Virginia the summer before, and check out both Churchill Downs and Keeneland racetracks; I saw plenty of beautiful scenery, around Versailles and the Keeneland racetrack...got "lost" (purposely) one day driving through the little roads near Keeneland! If it meant staying at the Storybook Inn in Versailles again, I'd definitely go back (not to mention the prospect of bourbon and other things:xFcool:)!

Well, those are all pretty good reasons to visit, I suppose. I do need to make it to the Downs at some point. I keep missing Derby. My hubs is a native, and tells me I should go full ham and do the big hat... I don't know about all of that though. Did you get to visit the castle in Versailles? It's positively gorgeous.

Hello and welcome to the site BetteNoir! I'm from Sweden so my English might not be the best. However, I thought lurker ment something along the lines of jerk/idiot/moron, haha! I thought the thread title was a bit weird before I actually looked up the word. =)
Haha, whups. Though I can be all those things, especially the first one, haha. And your English is fine, Vintage.

I smell weeaboo...

well anyhow, welcome, I guess. Hope you didn't cringe so hard you dislocated your shoulder after seeing my user :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back