A Warrior's Trinkets - Mechanics

DamagedGlasses

Lurking Pun Ninja
This is the list of Trinkets that I will be using. It is still a work in progress, but for now this is it. The explanations are vague, but if you are chosen for the Trinket, I will PM you a detailed explanation on what the Trinket does, and what actions must be taken to activate it.

Each Trinket has special actions that have to be taken to activate them, and if your character knows about them or not is up to you. Just make the reason they know realistic and based on how long your character has had the Trinket.

Talismans

Cooking Mittens- “We threw everything at him, my lord, but all of our arrows, boulders, even cows, just bounced off of him at the mere raise of his hands” -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Plastic Pocket Watch- “There were times when he seemed to be there, but not there. Its confusing even to me, but I know that everything went through him and no set of walls could stop him.”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Bouncy Ball- “You had to be there, my lord. At first it seemed we had finally gotten him with a spear, but his body seemed to just cave in, retracting inwards. At first it was mesmerizing, but then the spear came back with enough force to kill one of my men.” -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Ear Ring- “Lord, we managed to actually catch him by surprise today, however I expect he was simply letting us believe that out of boredom. Nonetheless, we attacked his rear, but we found that even without his attention, his skin was what could be likened to iron.” -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Ice Skates- “One of our luckier scouts were able to get a glimpse of the man's base, sire. No, uh, I mean only one got away, the rest were killed. However the scout reports a rather weird phenomenon, yes, the way he described it was as such, 'I saw him treading upon the water as if it was ground, the lake below him cooling to his will'. Yes I agree Sire, very strange.” -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Baseball Bat- “One of our catapults was destroyed yesterday in a horrific fashion, Sire. It appears that with only a slight touch, he destroyed it in an epic explosion that he walked away from unharmed.” -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Compass- “Lord, it is as we feared. No amount of running will protect us from his fury. His sense of direction seems to be that of the finest map, his tracking incomparable to any of the ones among our own.”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Tennis Shoes- “To be honest, Sire, we were sure it was just a shadow, a slight of the eye if you will. We were on the top of the highest tower, how were we to know he could jump that high?”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Pair of Sunglasses- “I swear, Sire, with him on the battlefield, I feel as though I can't even take a shower without the blasted man seeing my jimmies. I-I am sorry, my Lord for the outburst. The stress of not being able to sleep with him on the prowl is assuredly getting to me.”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Frying Pan- “I am not sure what to say about this one my lord. It seems the man was able to catch one of our rocks this time with one arm easily. We were not expecting him throw it back with as much force as he had. It even glowed a bright yellow. Yes, Sire, I have been getting sleep. It is not deprivation that has made me see such things.”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Telescope- “Sire, our Scout has appeared to have found another ability. Yes, Scout as in only one among the countless we sent out. No, it was not the same one from before, he respectfully retired after the incident. As I was saying, apparently, the man had been able to see the Scouts from his position on top of the mountain. Yes, I know it is impossible, but have I ever came here with logical information about the man?”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Masquerade Mask- “I think we may have reason to worry, Sire. Apparently, and this is coming from multiple sources, the man appeared out of nowhere in our battlements. I am sorry to say this in hindsight my lord, but I am sure that this would have gone differently if we had paid more attention to those mysterious footprints.”-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Umbrella- "Forgive me my lord, but I am afraid that the man has become rather irritable after we ransacked his camp during one of his rare absences. The sky has darkened rapidly and I even see the lighting that is sewn into his anger. I implore you to send out an apology, along with a new tent to replace the one our troops burned." -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Marker- "My lord, the scout that retired from his job has come out with new information. He says it was suppressed, but the pouch of gold we had to give to help him remember makes me slightly suspicious of credibility on that matter. Nonetheless, it appears that the scout was harmed fatally by the man, but was subsequently healed rapidly and sent on his way. I know my Lord, very curious indeed. -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Mirror- "Lord, I will forgo the formalities and simply state as put. A sighting by some troops, plural I assure you, has sent in a report made by a troop who had went out to relieve himself. Apparently, he got lost and wandered around until he found, not one, but two men who looked exactly like the man. He reports that they joined together in a great flash of light, and in all honesty, went his merry way to the hospital a few days before reporting this in. I believe I would have too." -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Smoking Pipe- "Sire, *cough*, I am wary to address you with this concern, but it seems that the man has turned his sights toward our ports. Yes, yes, I was there for my days on leave, but please, Sire, let me regale you with my tale. It was my final day at the town, and I had planned to take a short detour and personally tell of my leave to an old friend who had worked as a local porter for many years. It was in the middle of this talk that I noticed a thick fog rolling in from the sea. Lord, it should be said, that was no mere fog. That horrible perversion of the lands clouds was thicker than the honey you soak your biscuits in. I was lucky to make it out, my friend, did not have such luck"-Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Broom- "Yes, Lord, I am assured of his lack of preparation of departure. Sire, how is this my fault!? Forgive me for my questions, but were you aware of his ability to do such a thing without jumping?" -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Lantern- "Lord, I looked into the man's eyes during the battle last night. I saw...I saw a white light. I have always questioned his ability to see so well, even in unfavorable conditions, but now I feel as if my questions have gotten the answers they do desired." -Sir Gregory, Captain of the Guard

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

I have Update the way Trinkets work in a few minor ways. Ones that will hopefully make this a bit more interesting.

• Trinkets, once attached to a User, cannot be taken away from the User for a distance longer than thirty feet, before they are instantly teleported to the User.
  • Trinkets cannot be broken when they are connected to a User, however, they can be broken, and the Light will be released. This light will search out a new object to host up in. Anyone who sees these lights will become Users as well.
  • When an object is infected, it is turned into a more ornate, or refined version. If you are picked for an object, I will send you an appearance picture, along with a description if needed.
  • Since Lights infect objects, random objects may become a Trinket, some even belonging to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back