• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Touch of Magic

"Amusing as the title is....I don't quite think it suits you," Jacques said, and though he initially didn't think about what he had said, it was still said, and the words rang clear in a very different way than they had before. He couldn't believe it, himself, what he had said. Though he hadn't meant it that way, and he imagined that Cora was a smart woman, it still made a small blush appear on his cheeks.

Standing up out of the water, grabbing a cloth from the horse and washing his feet before slipping his boots back on, Jacques did everything he could so that the blush would finally flush away from his cheeks and he could brush by the matter. He didn't mean it, he didn't mean it, he didn't mean it. He'd known this woman through stories, and that was it. A few moments of time together was nothing to tell--she wasn't precisely the best conversationalist. That, and he could only imagine his father (or brother's) reaction to him even mentioning that he was interested in hearing a witch speak, let alone if he considered things beyond.

Shaking ti away from his head, knowing that now he was delving far too deep into something that was probably shallow and easily looked over, he said: "The next few villages are small...lots of places to hide in between and bandits like to hang about. I imagine you can hold up for yourself, but...I just wanted to warn you of the world outside your forest." Because there was only so much to be seen in a small pool of water.

Cora leaned her head up and noticed a bit of a flustered expression on the man's face. She smirked slightly but decided not to push him any further. She wasn't quite used to anyone commenting on her outward appearance with a response that wasn't fear, so she was more amused than anything. This prince truly is a peculiar man, she couldn't help but think.

Gazing at her reflection in the water once more before standing up, the witch clucked her tongue in a "tsk" sound. "You underestimate me, Your Highness," speaking the last two words in a light mocking tone. "I know much of what lies outside the forest, I can assure you. My travels have taken me to many places in this world, I have seen much of what it has to offer first hand. It is the only way to get some of the ingredients for some of my more ... eclectic spells and potions. " She was not a naive little lady. Cora, powerful as she was, would surely be dead if she only stayed in one place her whole life -- doing so would limit her, and as a result, her power. For that, she had acquired quite a nomadic lifestyle, although she still mostly stuck to the forests, traveling at night and collecting the herbs she needed along the way. She wasn't even originally from this kingdom, not that anyone would know that (most would honestly just assume that the witch was born in some cave in the ground).

Although, for whatever reason, she was greatly drawn to this little forest. No matter where her travels took her, she would always come back to it. She supposed that it was the closest thing to a real home that the witch had and would likely ever get. And though she was loathe to admit it, Cora took comfort in that.

@rokai private

"Then I suppose I'll have to take your word for it." Said Jacques, and he hopped up onto Cellus, ready for them to start probably the longest leg of the journey. Rough terrain, sickness, rogues and thieves that hid along the shrubbery in the nighttime. Everything that he had came to on his way here with four other men and that, now, was only with one small woman, though only in size, not so much power.

Nudging Cellus along, the horse fighting at him at first, not wishing to move after having been finally stationary, Jacques shuffled on the horse to give room for Cora. "Hop on then, O independent one, and we can get this over with sooner." Though he regretted what may have come out of it, giving away the crown jewel. For his father's life, though? Maybe that was enough of a price. The decision would weigh heavy until it came to fruition.

"How long have you been around, if I may ask? A lot consider you ageless, and you say you've traveled near and far." This, he figured, may be a more annoying question, but there were so few opportunities given to him to ask all those little things that he almost thought were fairy-tales.

@rokai

This is a private RP between me and @SplendaWeReGoingDown , and I would appreciate it if you didn't post again. If you'd like to RP, check out the forums requesting partners, there's plenty there to choose from, or make a post of your own. I see you're new, and probably unaware how it works.

lafeae said:
@rokai private

"Then I suppose I'll have to take your word for it." Said Jacques, and he hopped up onto Cellus, ready for them to start probably the longest leg of the journey. Rough terrain, sickness, rogues and thieves that hid along the shrubbery in the nighttime. Everything that he had came to on his way here with four other men and that, now, was only with one small woman, though only in size, not so much power.

Nudging Cellus along, the horse fighting at him at first, not wishing to move after having been finally stationary, Jacques shuffled on the horse to give room for Cora. "Hop on then, O independent one, and we can get this over with sooner." Though he regretted what may have come out of it, giving away the crown jewel. For his father's life, though? Maybe that was enough of a price. The decision would weigh heavy until it came to fruition.

"How long have you been around, if I may ask? A lot consider you ageless, and you say you've traveled near and far." This, he figured, may be a more annoying question, but there were so few opportunities given to him to ask all those little things that he almost thought were fairy-tales.
Cora snorted at the light jab as she hopped onto the horse behind the man. "Hardly ageless," she stated. "I'm in my mid-twenties," she replied honestly with a shrug. Cora wasn't sure of the exact number as the many years alone have not required her to celebrate her coming of age, however she did keep a general track of it what with the passing of the seasons as her own personal calendar. "However fifteen if not more of those years I've spent on my own travels."

The witch was but a young girl when first left home and ran off on her own. If she were honest, most of her travels were in her younger years when she was a scared girl trying to get as far away from the place she knew as her legs could carry. She did not travel nearly as much these days, only when the wanderers and legend seekers that sought her out began to be too bothersome near her small dwelling or when she needed to get some rare ingredients that would require a bit of a journey.

Chuckling, feeling just the slightest bit awkward as blush bloomed on his cheeks and burned his ears, the prince tried to swallow his feelings and looked ahead to what seemed like an endless, broken road that connected the kingdom. At its farthest reaches, only a simple bit of dirt with grass coming out.

As the day progressed, and the sun became high in an almost purple sky, Jacques stayed silent with his new companion, afraid of asking her any stupider questions. Still, he looked back go be sure that she was doing well.

Once it became so many hours in, and he thought the nearest village was coming up, he asked: "Do we need to stop for anything? Any herbs or...things you need ?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back