• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Tale of Two Souls (UnderTale RP!)

GossipLink

I drink coffee, oh and I love my fish waifus :>
Hello RPer, my name is Gossip Link. Call me Gossip, or Link...or whatever suits your fancy. Well, I've been playing UnderTale for a few days now, and I gotta say...it's one of my favorite games! So I was thinking, I like this game, and I like to RP. Why not put them together? Needless to say, I really want to RP this, with a certain plot in mind.

A plot I like to call, The Tale of Two Souls. (The under tale!)

Sorry for the pun, I had to. Anyways, I'm going to give you the basis of the idea. It's not really a whole plot, but more so a general starting point, and guideline to go by. Oh, and this takes place in an alternate universe!

Here we go!

Many, many years after the war, humans began to think of monsters as nothing more then fairy tales. Almost no human really thinks of the stories as non-fiction nowadays. Except two kids, Frisk, and Tel. The boy, Frisk, was always a little...careful. Timid, might be a good word. He never went out of his way to explore, and do anything remotely dangerous, unless convinced by the girl. Tel was her name. She was the adventurous one of the two, always looking for exciting things to do, while dragging reluctant Frisk along. Tel was also always very protective of the boy, believing him to be weak.

One day, the girl had heard about little cave in the nearby mountain range. It was close to her house, and promised exciting, unknown adventures. She was able to convince her friend Frisk to come along with her, as she didn't really have any other friends. While it took a lot of comforting words, the girl got the timid boy to enter the dark cave. But only a few steps in, Frisk began slipping into a large hole. He had no where to hold on to, and fell easy prey to the abyss below.

Tel jumped in after him, and also fell victim to the empty void. Just before either of them landed on the floor before, all they could see were...golden flowers. Upon waking up, the boy had lost almost all his memories. The only thing he could remember was vague images of the outside world, but nothing else, not even Tel. But the girl had a different set of memories. Tel couldn't recall anything about her life before, and only remembered to protect the boy. The boy...she didn't even know.

At first, even despite the circumstances, everything seemed fine. Until a certain little flower paid these two humans a visit. His comforting words and descriptions of the under ground soothed Frisk, but made Tel very defensive. She could just sense something wrong about the situation. When the flower showed Frisk his 'friendship pellets', the girl figured out what was going on a tad too late. The pellets hit the boy, and while it didn't seem he was physically hurt, Frisk doubled over in pain.

Tel's instincts told her to attack the flower, as he maniacally laughed. His words about the 'truth' of the under ground hit the girl hard. Kill, or be killed. She took those words to heart. But before she had the opportunity to do anything, a furry creature by the name of Toriel nocked away the scary flower. This, is where our story begins...

So that's the idea! I'm looking for someone to assume the role of Frisk, as I will be taking Tel. The point of all this, is our characters are going to be the embodiment of the two choices in the game. Frisk, is pacifist, and Tel, is genocide. The boy will want to make friends, and not hurt anyone. While the girl will at first only be extremely cautious, as time goes on she'll get more and more violent. To the point where she's full on killer.

It's up to you, Frisk, to alter Tel's heart. To save her from the path she's taken. And it's up to me, Tel, to convince Frisk that it really is kill or be killed. Who will change the other? Or will they both stick rigidly to their beliefs, and force one of them to make a really, really hard choice?

Note, this is an alternate universe. Some things won't be the same as the game, and it doesn't have to go at the same pace either. Otherwise, it'll make for a rather short RP.

Now, what I'm looking for in a partner. I want this RP to be detailed. As such, I expect proper grammar, sentence structure, and a fair amount of detail. You have to be capable of at least two paragraphs a post, but the more the better. (A maximum of seven paragraphs allowed.) Also, please urge the story onward! Plus, don't forget. Your character, Frisk, is either going to alter to Tel's mind set, or convince her to change. Please keep this in mind, and make it a real attempt. Because as of now, it will go either way based on how you choose to progress things, and how I choose.

No bunnying in combat, no god mod, etc. No Mary Sue, or Gary Stu. The usual. Every character other then Frisk and Tel are considered NPC's, so feel free to control them, and so will I. However, you cannot control my character, and I cannot control yours. I have no problem with mature themes, relating to language, blood and gore, and other themes. However, the site rules still apply as always! Please tell me how you feel about mature themes as well.

I don't mind if you can't post every day, but please be capable of a post every other day. I'll match your activity as best I can, but I will most likely only be able to post once a day.

I'm only looking for one person to do this, but if more then one person wants to do this...then I'll have to ask for a writing sample to better make my decision of a partner. Some last minute things, please don't 'apply' unless you feel like you really can assume the role of Frisk. Also, I want someone who will stick with this RP, because I'm really wanting to do this!

Post below, or message me if you're interested!

Note: This is meant to be a 1x1. I'm aware there's a thread for that, and I tried posting this there...but no one was interested. So here I am! While I want this to be a 1x1, for the sake that I am posting this here, I'll be open for people to take the role of cannon characters. But Frisk and Tel are the main roles!

As of now, I do not.

I'd love to RP with you! Plus, it seems this will be your first RP on this site. May I ask, have you role played before?

Well, I'll give ya a shot~

If you can manage at least one reasonably long paragraph, I'll make an exception.

I'll make the thread soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back