• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Tale of Magic and Lasers

Ampersand

I ♥ semicolons
Hey peeps, here's our OOC. I've marked the RP as Casual, but it's whatever we want to make it--if things get more detailed, great. We can start throwing down ideas for the plot, characters, and the like.

I might just have our heroine! Let me scratch my head for a bit on the BBEG...

=================================

Prime Sorcerer Vza'vrael of the Azandrian Empire isn't that bad of a guy. Sure, the Emperor is his brainwashed puppet and he basically runs the show from behind the curtain, but he's not a demon. He's Evil with a capital "E"; he's a caricature of evil. Vza'vreal has an oily villainous voice, a well practiced maniacal cackle, and the magic & cunning to seal the deal, but he's not torturing people for fun or anything wacko like that.

There is a certain fairness and raw logic to his rule. In fact, he probably runs the empire better than the true bloodline ever could. That's something the heroic adventurers who came to stop him never understood. And why did they keep coming? He must have put hundreds in the grave by now. Was there some factory he didn't know of somewhere that kept making heroes? It made little difference, they were easily defeated by his armies--or if it came to it--personally, by his hand. That was until she showed up.

The armies couldn't stop her and her pestering fellowship of arms. The four adventurers carved through Vza'vrael's forces. General Zka'rek himself fell to their blade. No matter, Vza'vrael had more generals, more warlocks, and more assassins, he had thought, but they defeated all of them in time. It was as if these heroes were being guided by the gods themselves. Impossible.

Whatever their means, they had made it to the palace gates and it wouldn't be long before he had to rely on his own magic to stop them. A rarity, these days. Vza'vreal realized he was feeling something he hadn't felt in a long time. Fear.

=================================

Ha, ok. So, like any fantasy book or RP campaign, there's been a ton of lead up to their big battle--all of which we basically skip. Maybe we start with a prelude of the heroine first walking through the doors to his throne, and cut to just when they're waking up in the future/another universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Charmaine, welcome! :D

I like the idea, and I'll come across you two as you're transported to the new world, I'll perhaps stumble upon you as I'm hunting int he forest or something :)

Another idea is that we can meet you in a location suited to the modern world--something that really contrasts the one they leave. I want to come up with a way to motivate the characters to stick together. Unless... They could part ways at first and then, after realizing that they're in a totally unfamiliar place, run back into each other and decide to begrudgingly stick together out of a sense of familiarity with their own world.

Hmm, they originally hail from a place with magic, right? What if they part 2 times, but when they run into one another for the third time, they decide to stick together because 3's a special number in most magical lore even though there's no magic in the world they're transported to?

Maybe we're getting a head of ourselves. Why don't you two come up with your characters and we can take it from there.

Good Idea Ampersand :)

And Musicomar4, I think you could, it's obviously not all up to me, but it could be cool to have the two of them from the fantasy world and the two of us from the 'modern' realm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back