• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Square of Unrequited Love

Sam shook his head in the slightest of ways. Writing his name on the paper was either a rookie move or a dick move. If the paper was found, which he hoped it wouldn't be, it was labeled his, and then he was guilty for passing notes.Clever of her not to outright badmouth a teacher though. He smiled and began the next line of notes with her full name, one, for extra insurance that she would go out of her way to hide it, and two her name just sounded so good put together. He took a second to appreciate the contrast of his messy scrawl next to her neater script.

Dear Delaney Samuals,

That's entirely understandable, and I already know that you are in the right, and I am totally completely on your side already. But why aren't you 'getting along'? Cooomee oonn, give me the dirt? Pleaaase? You know I would never tell ;)

He drew a smiley face with a zipper for a mouth, indicating his vow of silence.

Inwardly, Delaney sighed. For what it was worth, he wasn't at all bad at seeing through people. Still, she was slightly annoyed that he couldn't drop her last name all ready. She was given more than enough reminders of the expectations she was supposed to live up to. Her pen moved once more before sending it back Sam's way.

If you're going to keep calling me by my full name, then I'm going to start calling you by yours. Or maybe I should call you Sammy? What to do, what to do~

As for dirt, there is none. Sorry. She just told me to stay after class for a moment to talk, and then this.

Sam smiled at the note in front of him.

Ah, seems I've finally found a weak spot. Delaney Samuals, you can call me what ever you want
;) If sammy is what your heart is telling you to call me, then so be it, it's a hardship I would suffer for you, Delaney Samuals. But with a name like yours I don't know how you can expect me not to pronounce/write every last scrumptious syllable.

Sammy was in fact a very hated nickname. He was annoyed she picked it out first try. Sammy was what his dad called him behind his back to other parents, to make them seem more "chummy" or whatever. But if he seemed annoyed by it, he couldn't let it show. Then it'd never leave.

But he had to smile. He'd finally gotten, even if it was very slight, a rise out of Delaney. And all it took was her full name huh? He wondered how often she could possibly be full named (Being 'full named' by a teacher or parent was how Sam knew he was really in trouble) by the authority figures in her life. He added it to the paper. He smiled as he fit her full name onto the paper another time.

But dear Delaney Samuals, tell me please, why are you so uncomfortable with your own name?

Delaney shifted in her seat, writing quickly and without much thought. It was only that one sentence, and yet, it made her hesitate a moment before slipping it once more on Sam's desk.

Sammy it is, then.

It is not my name.

"Balls..." Sam whispered under his breath. Looked like Sammy was there to stay, and looked like he'd hit more of a sensitive spot than he thought.

Well you know what they say, A rose by any other name

It was sappy, it made him feel uncomfortable to be so ... comforting? It made him feel vulnerable not to be sarcastic. He hesitated, wondering whether to finish the quote. It felt desperately important to strike the right note right now. He carried on sketching trying to figure out if this was just too forward, too nice. He took longer then he'd meant to, sketching a rose on the note paper.

When he looked up, he realised they didn't have much longer for their detention.

Delaney glanced over at Sam, first wondering why in God's name she had written such a thing to a person she barely knew, then wondering, with even more uncertainty, how would he respond?

She sighed quietly and unceremoniously moved her desk closer to his. She didn't really care if they got caught now; detention was almost over anyway. Her eyes quickly ran over his words and down to where he was sketching a rose. She smiled, small, and perhaps a bit sadly, but she smiled. Reaching over, she scrawled the words that he did not write.

... would smell as sweet?

I wonder, eh?

Sam jumped and felt his face flush as he watched Delaney rake her eyes through the note. He felt protective of the information he hadn't meant to share. Regaining composure he read what Delaney was writing as she wrote.

He simply looked at her, stony faced. You know you're more than your name. He thought. but he didn't write anymore. The bell rang and he closed his sketchbook around the note and deftly slipped it into his bag.

He reverted back to his cheeky half grin, still looking at Delaney, and stood up along with the other students.

"See you round," He hesitated, thinking what to call her, and then smiled fully, "Dels," He winked and slung his backpack on to his shoulder.

((Night :) ))

((Good night))

Delaney, who'd been sweeping her papers back into her bag as she stood up to leave, looked up in surprise at the nickname. 'Dels', huh? She couldn't say she didn't like it. She also couldn't say that she'd minded detention, although that may not have been the case if not for Sam.

And she was back, hundred-watt smile and all. Her light laugh brightened the obnoxious mood that had been looming in her airspace for too long today.

"Yeah, definitely. I'll see you then, Sammy," she replied, because even though she knew that he must not have liked the name if more people weren't all ready using it, she liked the nickname for him. It was selfish of her, but she couldn't help it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back