• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Soldier of Fortune

TheRockInception

You're literally looking at a $2,000 meme machine
(My first quest rp, oh boy, let's see where this leads us)

It all started with an email.
The year was 1995. A lot of things were going down. The Oklahoma City Bombing, the United States imposing sanctions upon Iran, The Metro Subway attack in Japan, Al Gore being exposed in a love tryst with an endangered tree owl, the economic recession caused by NAFTA was starting to set in. NAFTA was a huge disaster for America: Many jobs were outsourced within 2 years of its signing into law by President Bill Clinton. People were angry, rightfully so. I wasn't, I didn't care. I worked for the government, specifically the Central Intelligence Agency's Special Activities Division. I had the lowest chance possible for my job to be outsourced: I'm an employee for the Federal Government, or at least I was. I wasn't there because I was qualified, I was just a lowlife secretary that was good at managing a bit of everything. I shouldn't have been put in charge of managing everything because of one email.

It was 11 in the afternoon at Langley in the summer of '95. An Email was sent to John P. White: Secretary of Defense. How it got in the CIA's Email server, I don't know. But the contents were... unnerving. It read about a potential threat to US National Security. A right wing extremist was reported to have left the country, according to the Email. The rest of the Email requested that the FBI attempt to track his plane down. I printed out the email, shoved it in my briefcase, and deleted the Email. Days afterword I didn't see anything similar to the Email in the Email server. Eventually, I was offered a promotion to a field agent. They taught me how to use a gun, but I didn't really get to go out and do field work, I was still just a secretary.

It's 2000. I collected enough information on this terrorist through emails with the CIA and FBI. Apparently, close associates have called him nothing other than the "Clairvoyant". I became obsessed with taking down this terrorist, or extremist as the FBI calls him. There's a boatload of money, and I need it. And besides, it would be kind of fun, wouldn't it? The last piece of information I've collected on him points to a trove of information in Ossetia. Bad news is, Ossetia is in turmoil as the Ossetian Rebel Forces attempt to fight back against the Moscow backed government. Seems this terrorist has paid them a sum of money to hide information for him. The rest of the world wouldn't suspect a thing. A CIA higher up authorized an operation and I'm supposed to meet him at Langley airport tonight. He has a team on standby, willing to walk me through the whole thing. My name is Brian Lishman, and I'm taking down the Clairvoyant.

(First reply is the first action I will respond to)

Right now you're in your office at Langley. You are currently wearing a T-shirt and Jeans. You do not have an equipped weapon. You have two options.

A. Head down to the firing range.
B. Head to the parking lot and go to Langley airport.

You wind down familiar hallways to find the CIA's firing range. There's only a few weapons available for you to try. They consist of the AKM Rifle and the M1911A1.

A. Try using the AKM Rifle
B. Try using the M1911A1
C. Exit the Firing Range and head to Langley Airport

You pick up the AKM Rife. It has its standard attachments: Classic Wooden Handguard, Classic Wooden Solid Stock+Pistol grip, Standard Barrel, and a 7.62x39 receiver. You take the safety off and rock in a 30 round Alluminum 7.62x39 magazine, and pull back the charging handle. How many rounds would you like to put into the target 6 meters away?

(Free choice)

You let loose a stream of 7.62 bullets downrange. You're very unused to the recoil, so only one of your shots hits the target, specifically in the leg.

Magazine count: 20/30

A. Keep shooting (specify how many rounds you want to pour downrange)
B. Pick up the M1911A1
C. Exit the range and head to Langley Airport

You take out the magazine of the rifle and put it on safety, and put it down. Looking at the range one last time, you exited it, and with that, the CIA building itself. You find your way into the parking lot to find an MT500 motorcycle waiting for you. You start it up, hop on it, and drive to the airport.

15 minutes later you arrive, with jet airplanes taking off and landing. You were told to find Hangar 18. You eventually found it and drove to it, finding a man dressed in a suit wearing a Baklava and sunglasses. He stands in front of a large object covered in tarp.

"Agent Lishman, glad to meet you." He held his hand out to you.

(You can select a combination of one non-dialogue option and one dialogue option.)

Non Dialogue options
A. Ignore his handshake.
B. Accept it.
C. Attempt to run him over with the motorcycle, or drive away because your jimmies have been rustled badly.

Dialogue Options
A1. "Pleasure to meet you... why's your face covered up?"

"Not one to talk, are you?" He shook your hand and drew away. "Oh well." He took away the tarp, revealing a C-47 Skytrain. You could see the pilot in the cockpit. "This is all I could secure for you. Any questions?"

A. "Why is your face covered up?"
B. "Where's my gear?"
C. "Who are you really?"
D. "Will I have a support team?"

"In there, laddy. Anything else?" The man pointed to the plane, which just started its engines, jolting you briefly.

A. "Why's your face covered up?"
B. "Who are you, really?"
C. "Will I have a support team?"
D. "That's it, sir." (Exit the Conversation and board the Skytrain)

"Really? That's odd. Ask me over the radio if you come up with anything." The man walks away and gets on the motorcycle and speeds away.
Douglas-C-47-Skytrain-Interior.jpg

You enter the plane and close the door as it slowly taxis unto the runway. You find a seat with a large bag as you sit down next to it and buckle up.

Non-Dialogue Actions
A. Open the bag
B. Don't open the bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back