• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Sinnoh Adventure

_Graphite_

Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes.
"No matter how many times I visit Lake Verity I'm still taken away by its beauty." Standing along the shoreline of Lake Verity was a young boy who quietly stared in awe at the scene before him. A flock of Starly soared through the sky above, peppered throughout the many trees were Burmy who silently hung from their branches careful not to attract the unwanted attention of hungry Starly, trudging through the snow covered floor was a Luxray who was closely followed by a pair of Shinx cubs, and swimming within the crystal clear lake was a school of Magikarp and Feebas. Now John always considered himself fortunate to have been able to visit the other regions of the world such as the all too simplistic Kanto region, the bustling cities of Unova, the lesser known Orre region, the lush green fields Kalos and Galar, and of course the tropical region of Alola. But for John nothing could beat the beauty of Sinnoh. All I ask is for it to be a little bit warmer. He silently thought to himself as he watched flurries of snow gently fall towards the ground.

He could stand there for hours admiring the natural beauty before him, not to mention the fact that the lake itself gave off a powerful sense of joy, but that's not what brought him all the way down from Celestic Town. His gaze soon fell upon the large cavern that rested at the lakes center. "I wonder if those stories about the Lake Guardians residing within such caves are true? Who knows maybe we aren't doing the observing eh Belladonna?" John commented with a light chuckle as he looked down at the blue-headed Ralts standing beside him. "R-Ralts." The Pokémon coldly cooed as she turned upward towards her trainer offering him a friendly smile. "Oh come here you." John said as he reached down to grab Belladonna and brought her close to his chest in an attempt to warm her up. "Ralts!" She cried out in affection as she gently nuzzled the boys chest.

John returned his attention towards the caverns entrance; now he couldn't tell if it was the trick of the light or some sort of reflection but it seemed as though a ghostly shimmer hung in the air. "Hm? Now what could that be?" John muttered in curiosity. Though in a matter of seconds the shimmer vanished from sight. Even stranger was the fact that the joyous atmosphere had also vanished; even the bustling Pokémon had retreated into the forest leaving an ominous silence hanging in the air. "Ralts..." A nervous coo from Belladonna rang in John's ear and he looked down at her and noticed that something had caught her attention. It had taken him a moment to realize that he was no longer the only visitor. Standing just a few feet away from him was a man with cyan colored haired focusing on where the shimmering figure once hovered. "...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it... Until then, sleep while you can, legendary Pokémon of the lake bed..." The man mumbeled before turning to catch John's gaze. "Pardon me." Were the only other words that the man named Cyrus uttered before excusing himself. "Well he certainly was the odd one." John whispered as he watched the man depart. "Ralts." Belladonna cooed in agreement. Once the man had completely vanished from sight the joyous atmosphere slowly returned and a few wild Pokémon eased their way out of the forest. "Well Belladonna we should probably start making our way to Sandgem Town. Professor Rowan is expecting us and we both know how ge can get when he's kept waiting." With a chuckle, and another quck glance towards the cavern, the two made their way back onto Route 201 and departed for Sandgem Town.

Interactions: Open

Evelyn was on her hands and knees in the long grass of route 201. She blocked out the coos of the Starly overhead and the bumbling noises of Bidoofs trotting about. Evelyn was seeking out a particular set of sounds. She closed her eyes and focused.

There was the rustling of the grass. The clicking of mandibles. There – the knocking of two antenna, casting a beautiful sound. Almost like the keys of a xylophone. Kricketot! The moment she heard its cry on the wind, she knew she had to have that pokémon!

She just needed to get a little closer to it before making the first move-

“ELEKID!” Jolt, Evelyn's Elekid leapt from the foliage. Lightening saprked around her fist as she drew it back. She slammed it down near the wild Kricketot, causing it to nearly jump out of its skin!

“Jolt! No!” Evelyn grabbed her pokémon by its ankle and dragged it back into the grass.

Unfortunately, all that did was give Kricketot enough time to scamper away as fast as its little stub-legs could carry it. Evelyn narrowed her eyes and glared at her Elekid. “Jolt. I didn't give you any commands to attack.”

“Ele,” Elekid folded her arms and turned away from her trainer in a huff.

Evelyn sighed and stood up. She dusted off her clothes before scanning the area again. “Darn, I really wanted that Kricketot. Maybe we can still find it...”

All she could see were Starly and Bidoofs along with a few wannabe trainers as well. She frowned and closed her eyes, listening out for that gorgeous Kricketot cry once again.

Interactions: Open

"Soon may the Wailordman come
To bring us sugar and tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing is done
We'll take our leave and go
No line was cut, no wailord was freed
The captain's mind was not of greed
And he belonged to the Wailordman's creed. GWAAKK!
She took that ship in tow, huh!
Soon may the Wailordman come
To bring us sugar and tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing is done
We'll take our leave and go
Gwak
Gwakakaka Gwakakakkaa-"

The Sandgem beach was quiet at this time of hours, especially when snow had been slowly covering the beach and made it less bearable to stay for long. Elliot, however, seemed unbothered by the cold. It's nothing compared to the temperature on Snowpoint and she had been very eager about catching a wailmer after she overheard some fishermen talking about spotting several of them near the beach. With an old fishing rod on her hands the girl had been casting the lines again and again only for it to came back with nothing or a magikarp. Her chatot Pippin usually would kick the magikarp out of the hook so she could cast it back into the sea, all while grumbling about kicking the same exact magikarp repeatedly. Whenever there's no one biting the bait Pippin would start singing random shanty while Elliot just calmly humming along and bobbed her head left and right to the tone.

After almost 2 hours of no result, she decided to end her fishing now. She had an appointment soon and she didn't want to make him wait. Pulling her line back to retrieve the hook, Elliot was surprised when the line was pulled back by something much bigger and heavier than a magikarp. The girl immediately regained her motivation and start pulling the rod with all her might. Pippin noticed this too so he opened his beak and start yelling to cheer his trainer.

"Come on, Ellie! Almost there! Gwakkk!!"

After a full minute of playing tug of war with the underwater creature Elliot finally able to see a shape emerging onto the surface. She expected the cute round body of a wailmer. Instead, an anchor was raised from the depth and aimed at her. Elliot's and Pippin's eyes widen when they realize what the creature was.

"Oh my Gwakkk, run!!" Pippin's scream cued Ellie to run before an anchor was thrown towards where she had been a second ago. Instead of running though, Elliot decided to face the green seaweed creature who was crawling onto the beach to retrieve its anchor.

"I said, run! Ellie! Gwakkkk." The chatot didn't seems too happy about the situation but he still put himself between his trainer and the dhelmise.

All things considered the hike through Route 201 had been quite uneventful. Though this was to be expected seeing as how wild Pokemon activity was rather low in these parts. It was for this reason that many of Sinnoh's freshly minted trainers chose to begin their journey here. For both John and Belladonna the most eventful thing that they bore witness to was a pinkish-brown haired girl literally crawling her way through the nearby tall grass.

"Now what do we have here?" John curiously muttered to himself as he watched said girl continue her search for whatever it was she was searching for. Moments later the beautiful song of a Kricketot rang out from deeper within the tall grass. It was at this moment that the girl, or more accurately her Elekid, took action. Without a moments notice the Elekid unleashed an attack on the wild Kricketot much to the girls chagrin. Seeing the way she reprimanded the Pokemon when the Kricketot escaped and the way it pouted in response John deduced that the two of them where partners.

"Looks like the two of them still have a bit of a ways to go eh Belladonna? ...Belladonna?" When he recieved no answer from his Pokemon John took a glance in her direction and noticed that her attention was drawn towards something deeper in Sandgem Town. "What's the matter girl you sense something?" With a nod of her head Belladonna pointed a small stubby arm towards the direction of Sandgem Town's beach and uttered a worried coo. "Mmm I don't see anything girl. There's nothing to be worried abo-" As if on cue a loud squak echoed through the air. "What in Arceus' name? Come on Belladonna sounds like someone's in trouble!" Without another word the two quickly dashed towards the beach.

It didn't take the two long to reach the beach but when they did the source of the commotion was apparent. Another girl and her Chatot appeared to be fleeing from a mass of...seaweed? No that couldn't be it there had to have been something more. "Ralts!" Belladonna cooed as she pointed her arm towards the mass of seaweed. It took John a moment to realize that the supposed seaweed was crawling towards a rusty anchor. "Is that.. a Dhelmise?!" John uttered in shock. Whatever these two did to separate the Dhelmise from its anchor clearly made it upset and once it reattached itself that Dhelmise would obviously retaliate. "Come on Belladonna those two might need some help." With a nod of her head both trainer and Pokemon ran towards the two strangers. "Hey you two need any help!" John called out.

unknown.png
Sandgem Town

"Remind me why I thought starting my journey at this time of year was a good idea?"
A rather cold teen complained aloud tugging his white-winter coat inwards for a little extra warmth, meanwhile the Riolu by his side who was wearing just a simple scarf and a small white flower seemed unphased.
Rose looked up at her trainer, shrugged but didn't even ordain to answer him instead just shaking her head a little, with a slight roll of her eyes. Her paws gently crunching through the light-snow pack on the path into Sandgem town besides her trainers sneakers.

The two having wandered the last several hours through the thicker woodlands on-route to the town in hopes of catching a few good snaps before they arrived. To be honest it hadn't been the success they'd hoped for, they'd gotten a single good shot of a pair of Shinx's play fighting in the snow. Not much more than a little tumbling but it made for a cute photo he could use.

Yet arriving into the town they suddenly heard multiple voices shouting out from the nearby beach. "Huh, what's going on?"
"Rose come on, let's check it out!"
Lucas immediately darting off forwards, not wanting to miss whatever was going on.

The pair arriving shortly after the others and overhearing another trainer and... -Woah hold up was that a shiny Ralts!? Luca had to shake himself out of it a bit so he could focus on the Anchor Pokémon that was angrily crawling its way onto the beach.
"A Dhelmise..? Uh.. So what kinda Pokémon even is it that...?" He muttered under his breath.

Hearing the yell of approaching trainers, Elliot turned her head towards the source to found a pair of trainers and their pokemons coming at her direction. She waved enthusiastly at them and smiled.

"Oh, reinforcement. Good. Yes, please help me. I'm not trained to fight like this gwakk." Meanwhile Pippin looked relieved to see the trainers. He was keeping an eye at the dhelmise who had been wrapping itself around the anchor. Elliot shifted her focus back at the wild pokemon. She put both her hands in front of her mouth and let out a series of whistling that sounds like a bird's calling. As if just given a command, Pippin flew into the sky and started circling the dhelmise. Elliot continued her whistling while watching the chatot flying around.

"Really? Fine. Gwakk. Let's do this quickly." Taking a deep breath, his chest was visibly getting bigger as the bird pokemon tried to stuff as much air as possible for his attack.

"YOU SUCK!!!" A sound wave was unleashed and hit the dhelmise. The green pokemon didn't budge as it already latched tightly onto the anchor but it looks a bit groggy and unstable as the pokemon started to spin its anchor around and charged at the chatot. Elliot's whistling briefly turned into a sharp shriek like a kettle noise and Pippin seemed to responds to it by flying backward to create some distance between him and the dhelmise

"Wait wait, gwakk, I didn't know you can spin AND fly." Fortunately his previous attack had made his opponent confused so the dhelmise abruptly changed its direction and missed the attack.

_Graphite_ _Graphite_ Dawnstar Dawnstar

Dhelmise
Condition: good

As Evelyn focused on the cacophony of sounds, desperate to single out the Kricketot cry again, she heard something entirely different. A squawk echoed throughout the sky causing Evelyn's eyes to shoot open, just in time to see a boy and a... blue Ralts?! Rush off into Sandgem town in response to the caw.

Evelyn tilted her head to the side before she glanced at Jolt. “What kind of pokémon do you think made that sound?” Her lips began to tug into a big, curious grin and Jolt was already rolling her eyes. “Come on! Let's go have a look and see!”

It didn't take long before she was on the beach where the commotion was going down. She bent over, hands on her knees as she caught her breath. “A-ah, I-I should exercise more,” She whimpered to herself as Jolt eyed up the seaweed-encrusted anchor.

“Elekid!” Jolt practically buzzed at the sight of a 'worthy' opponent. Electric danced around her arms and she hopped from one leg to the other rapidly, waiting for her trainer to give her a command to join in the attack.

Unfortunately for Jolt, Evelyn had no interest in the Dhelmise. Her eyes lit up and sparkled as she listened to the other girl's whistling; each sequence a well thought-out instruction, directing the Chatot in the sky who understood perfectly and responded accordingly. At least, that's what Evelyn was observing. She was desperate to ask the girl about the bird signals.

“Oh my, Arceus,” Evelyn clapped her hands together, giddy at the sight. “This is amazing! Look at the communication between the two of them- OUCH!” Evelyn was snapped out of her admiration with a 'bzzt' as the frustrated Elekid sent a spark of static straight through her trainer.

“Ele!” Jolt commanded, stamping her foot on the floor and gesturing to the Dhelmise.

“R-right! Jolt, let's help out with a thunderwave!”

With a cocky smirk and an eagerness to fight, Jolt dashed forward and punched a fist forward in the air. A pulse of electric shot out and hit the seaweed head on, holding it momentarily in place, while its head swam with the confusion.

Dhelmise
Condition: good

For a moment John simply stood there dumbfounded as the small avian Pokemon responded to him. Over the years he had come to understand how intelligent Chatot were and that they had a knack for perfectly imitating human speech. But that was just it, mimicry. For a Chatot to be able to understand someone to such a degree and deliver an appropriate response was simply amazing.

It took the sound of crunching sand to snap John out of his doldrums. Glancing upward he noticed another boy, who seemed to be around his age, and a Riolu quickly making their way towards them. "Yeah. One that's none to happy with these two over here. This one looks pretty tough do you think you can lend-" His voice suddenly fell silent as the girl he witnessed crawling through Route 201 scurried her way over and nearly collapsed from exhaustion. In contrast the Elekid that tagged along with her appeared to be itching for a fight. It seemed as though said Pokemon would get its wish because with a few whistles from the white-haired girl the Chatot let out a mighty sound wave.

When the Chatot unleashed its attack John ever so subtly flinched. At a glance it may have appeared that the Chatot's scream simply caught the boy off guard, but in truth it was the other girls amused cries that spooked him. However, John couldn't help but agree with her observations. For someone to deliver orders with only a few whistles and for their Pokemon to understand their meaning was incredible! The only other time he had seen such synchronization between trainer and Pokemon was with his mother and her prized Garchomp. Sadly such synchronization was something that John and Belladonna lacked.

Things began to further escalate once the girl from route 201 was "persuaded" by her Elekid to join the fray. You know...maybe they dont even need my help. It looks like they have everything under control. Of course that was not entirely accurate. That Dhelmise was a lot tougher than it appeared and it would most likely take the combined effort of all four of them to scare it off. Sensing her trainers apprehension Belladonna let out a calming coo as she placed her arm on John's leg. She knew all too well how her trainer could get when around people but right now she needed him to focus. Come on John this isn't the time for that... The others are doing what they can and so must I!" With a deep breath John turned to face his partner Pokemon who gave a small nod in understanding. "All right Belladonna now it's our turn. Before it has time to recover follow up with Confusion!" Thankfully the previous two Pokemon's attacks had left an opening for Belladonna to release her own attack with little hassle. Beneath her blue hood Belladonna's eyes began to glow a bright pink as she focused on the target before her. Once she had gathered enough energy the small Ralts let out a small psychic blast that knocked the Dhelmise back. Though it was enough to injure it the attack wasn't enough to put it down.

unknown.png
Sandgem Town - Beach

*Snap*
At some point in the last few seconds of whirlwind engagement Lucus had already drawn his camera and already begun snapping pictures as the attacks of the other trainer's Pokémon connected. Shockwaves of sound and electricity flying through the air; Lucus tried to capture the power and abilities the best he could, - not that his photos could really capture the 'uniqueness' of Chattot's performance well, though they looked good in the shot. A video might have been better?

Yet suddenly his attention was switched back to himself as the trainer besides him asked if he could lend a hand. Lucus fumbled with his camera for a moment and blinked in confusion, nearly dropping it while he processed what was said before nodding.
"Huh, what oh right! Yeah of course." (Yeah but like, what move do I use here... Well urm.. It kinda looks like a ball of seaweed. Would that be grass or water type? Does that even matter? Wait yeah if its grass and not water, maybe I should...)
After a brief but clear moment of hesitation Lucus called out. "Rose, urm. time to shine - go with an Ice Punch!"

Rose just nodded calmly, a slight aura of determination being echoed and felt by anybody nearby before dashing off forwards. The Riolu sprinted through the snow and then up a nearby snowy sand dune before taking a leap off the edge while gathering a shimmer of frost and snow around their fist.
Landing fast, Rose struck the Dhelmise with a powerful strike of icy claws that almost glittered in the sunlight. *Snap* A strike that, as Lucus had hoped seemed super effective! Knocking the Dhelmise backwards away from the others and towards the water.
Hopefully that was enough to KO it?

"Take that, you green mucus. Take that! Gwakakakakakak." Pippin was flying above the dhelmise as it was receiving the barrages of attacks from the trainers coming to help. One more attack from him and he should be able to finish it, hopefully, probably, he wasn't sure, it's practically his first time fighting a wild pokemon that wasn't a variant of caterpillar. The chatot was preparing himself to launch another chatter but before he was able to execute the move another whistle came from his trainer. This time it was a long note, starting high but then gradually fade away over time. A retreat order.

Slightly stepping closer towards the dhelmise, Elliot pulled out a pokeball from her pocket and threw it at the injured dhelmise. A bright beam of red light engulfed the wild pokemon and it vanished into the device, leaving the pokeball shaking violently on the beach.

"I don't think this pokemon is what people considered cute." The chatot commented and both of them watched in anticipation on how the capture goes. After the third beeping another burst of light came out of the pokeball and the dhelmise came out of it with its anchor raised high, ready to strike!

Pippin didn't know what it would do but he flew in front of Elliot just in case the dhelmise throw its anchor again like before. Instead, the dhelmise slammed the beach, hurling countless sands into the sky and created an impromptu smokescreen to cover itself as it jumped back into the sea to escape.

"Uhhhh.... Ahhh!!!!" Noticing the pokemon fleeing, Elliot let out a loud frustated grunt and started throwing a bunch of pokeballs at the dhelmise. Unfortunately, none of them was able to hit it and she just wasted those pokeballs to be dragged into the ocean. The dhelmise was nowhere to be found anymore.

Elliot took a few moment to regain her composure before shifting her attention towards the few trainers that helped her. That dhelmise seemed to be quite clever and experienced to be able to create an escape like that so if its only Pippin alone he might not be able to defeat it. The girl jogged towards the other trainers while flipping through her sketchbook until she found a particular page and then showed it to them. On that page was written with a neat handwriting.

Thank you!

She then flipped it to show another page.

That was fun!

Another page flipped.

Wanna be friends?

"Calm down, gwakkkk. You skipped the introduction again." Pippin landed on his trainer's shoulder. Elliot's eyes widen as she realized that he was right.

"Do you want to do it? Or should I?" Elliot replied by briefly turned her head towards the chatot and Pippin nodded in response to it.

"Allright gwakkk. Dear fellow trainers. Let me introduce you to my trainer Elliot," as if on cue Elliot did a little bow to greet the others.

"She can't talk so I will help with that. I'm a support chatot. Oh, and my name is Pippin. Both of us said, nice to meet you all." Mimicking her trainer, the pokemon also did his own bowing.

_Graphite_ _Graphite_ Dawnstar Dawnstar UraharaSteph UraharaSteph

"Well this is certainly...something." John mused to himself as he watched the Chatot's trainer hurl Pokeball after Pokeball in a futile attempt to capture the wild Dhelmise. Even in it's weakened state said Pokemon was able to easily resist capture and devise an incredible escape. That Pokemon was a truly remarkable specimen.

He watched as the girl scurried her way back towards the group and noticed as she held out her sketchbook for all to see. He did his best to read what was written as she eagerly flipped from one page to the next. When his eyes fell upon the second page he chose that moment to speak, "O-Oh it was no problem really. You two looked like you were in a pinch and we couldn't exactly leave you like that." When she flipped to the second page he silently stared at it. Friends? Was she serious? That had all just met and haven't even shared names yet. Even then John's trip to Sandgem Town wasn't exactly a social call. Though he chose to keep all this to himself out of respect for the girl.

When the girl, or rather her Chatot, offered their introduction John took the time to look over Eliotts features. She was rather pale all things considered, and by the way the chilly air hardly phased her she was probably a native of Sinnoh like himself. His gaze then fell upon Pippin as he offered his own introduction. "A support Chatot eh? Heh well now I understand why you're such a gifted speaker. Welll Elliot and Pippin it's a pleasure to meet the two of you." He responded with a kind smile.

He had hoped one of the other two trainers would speak up next, but when they didn't he felt Belladonna give him a gentle nudge. "Right...well my name is Johnathan Ashford though feel free to call me John if you'd like." He took a moment to pause and gesture towards the Ralts that stood beside him, "This here is my own Pokemon partner Belladonna." At the mention of her name Belladonna waddled her way towards the front of the group and offered a friendly, "Ralts!" In greeting.

Evelyn watched as the trainer threw ball after ball into the ocean. The Dhelimise was quite smart and crafty. Evelyn shook her head and turned to her Elekid. “Did you know, 7.8% of pollution in the ocean is made up of pokéballs from failed captures?”

“Elekid,” Jolt shrugged, not caring in the least.

The girl and her chatot raced over to the rag-tag team that had gathered on the beach. Evelyn leaned forward, curious and with a million questions buzzing around in her head. Still, she managed to contain herself long enough to read the messages on the pages and listen to Pippin explain the situation.

That was it. She couldn't stay calm any longer! Evelyn's body shook before a happy noise burst out of her. “AHHHH! This is amazing! You're amazing! Both of you! Just how long did it take to train a chatot to talk like this? Do all chatots have this potential? You seem to know what your trainer is thinking, is there a psychic link involved? Duh- Chatots aren't psychic... UNLESS-”

“ELEKID!” With a quick whir of her stumpy arm, Elekid jumped and slammed a thunderwave into Evelyn's back, paralysing her and more importantly shutting her up. Elekid landed back in the sand and folded her arms. “Ele,”

Evelyn's body trembled as she tried to regain control. “S-sorry,” she mumbled through gritted teeth. “I-I'm Evelyn Lawrence,” She wanted to add 'a pokémon researcher and my partner, Jolt', but the paralysis hadn't quite worn off yet.

unknown.png
Sandgem Town

"Awesome job Rose, that looked amazing." The teen immediately praised his Riolu, offering out a hand and high fiving them. As normal Rose was silent but didn't respond with a small nod, and a slight aura of pride projected in the air.

"..You can really see the light shine through the ice in this one." He continued as he looked to his camera and started scrolling back through the last few photos. A little distracted for the moment before receiving a nudge-punch in the side from Rose to pay attention. The teen blinked looking up and then seeing the notepad with messages to the group, before then looking to the Chattot and others.

"Oh urm yeah. We were happy to help, right Rose?" Though the teen didn't get to respond much more before getting cut off and a little overwhelmed by Evelyn's show of enthusiasm, and the Elekid's following show of thunder wave... "Wow that's.. One way to shut someone up."
After just standing dumbfounded for a couple of seconds and letting Evelyn properly introduce herself, the teen continued.

"My name's Lucas, and this is my partner Rose. It's good to meet you all." Rose proceeds to tug on the camera strap around his neck, with her strength nearly making him stumble face-first into the snow, but he managed to recover - dropping his white backpack on the ground by accident, skates attached and clattering besides the bag.
" Urrrk, okay okay! Yeah I know, suppose to ask first. I hope you don't mind, but I urm, did grab a few pictures of all your Pokemon during the fight there too. " Lucas awkwardly informs the others, hesitatingly turning his camera showing very well timed photo of Elekid's initial thunderwave striking the Dhelmise - the yellow electric light shining through the snow. Lucas turning the camera so that everyone can see including the Elekid, Ralts and Chatott.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back