A simple question.

Ph34r

Alright, Ive read the books, nearly cover to cover and I have a firm grasp on nearly everything. How does damage work? I have read that it is Str(except with plain bows and firewands/flamepieces) +Your weapons power+Successes But is that total the actual damage or the amount of dice rolled with each success as a point of damage.

Also, a question on soak, is that automaticly removed from damage or is it rolled like I said before about damage?

That is your raw damage pool. Aka the number of dice you roll. Successes mean a point of damage, tens do not count double on this roll (unless you've got a charm that changes that rule).

Soak is subtracted from the number of dice that you roll. If the number of dice less is less than your essence (or the weapon's overwhelming tag, whichever is higher), you roll that number of dice instead.

IE. Example. Bob Solar is using a grand daiklaive and has a 4 strength and 3 essence. He rolls 7 successes to hit. This means his raw damage is 23 dice (4 str + 12 weapon + 7 successes). Now the guy he's hitting with this is in superheavy plate, with a 4 stamina. this means his soak is 17 without anything else adding to it. So, Bob Solar gets to roll 6 dice to hurt the guy.

However, if Bob only rolled 2 successes, he'd have 18 dice (4 + 12 + 2) of raw damage. Minus that 17 soak, he'd only have 1 die to roll for damage....but wait. A Grand Daiklaive has a 4 overwhelming tag. Since Bob's essence is only 3, the overwhelming of the daiklaive is higher, so he gets to roll 4 dice to see how much damage he deals, not 1.

In either case, his raw damage is well over the armor's hardness of 10, so that gets ignored. Hope that helps.

Thank you so very much for your assistance.*DING* So......... that would mean that a hit from my current guy would deal 14-22 Bashing/Lethal if used a charm of his! WHOO!

Ph34r said:
Thank you so very much for your assistance.*DING* So......... that would mean that a hit from my current guy would deal 14-22 Bashing/Lethal if used a charm of his! WHOO!
provided you rolled well on the damage dice, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back