A Serenade of Frost and Flame [UnholyRedemption and X64] [Inactive]

Tap. Tap. Tap. Heels tapped against the polished marble surface of the Tyrande Kingdom's main castle as they headed towards the throne room, the owner of the shows stalking off with predatory strides with confidence as the person headed towards its target. It was the day. A smile slipped onto the pale pink lips, covered in a pink sheen from her small anxious twitch and some light make up. Of course. One had to look presentable for the king. Raven locks swayed as she did not stray in her path, eyes stuck ahead as she took a deep breath before nodding.

She pushed the doors open.

Amy looked quickly upon the inhabitants of the marvelously decorated room, ignoring those she deemed unimportant she quickly took note to briefly smile to both her parents who now stood either side of the King. Her father, General Kraus stood proudly, arms interlocked behind his back as he donned the red coat with the kingdoms coat of arms upon its torso, above his heart. His hair was black, pulled loosely back so it would not obstruct his vision. Her mother however opposed her fathers appearance completely. She was short in stature, her blonde hair falling in loose curls as bright blue eyes could only light up at the sight of her daughter. She wore the exact same outfit as her Father except she wore a loose skirt.

After bowing her head to both her parents she faced the King, the prince perched next to him with a unhappy smile. The king had grown weary, that was easily observed through his tensed features and forced smile. His eyes once kind were colder but yet tried to regain the feeling they once provided others with. "Amy." His voice was broken, weaker from age and rough from his battle experience. The nineteen year old headed towards the man seated upon his golden carved seat, falling down instantly onto one knee as she rest her hand upon her heart.

"Sire, you called for me?"

It was all she had to say before a rough chuckle assaulted her ears, causing her to twitch slightly, a blush adorning her pale cheeks. Fear crept up into her mind, tempting her into breaking before the king spoke cheerfully to the girl he had also witnessed grow along with his son.
"Relax Amy, I have known you for years have I not?" She gaped slightly before she nodded, getting up as she brushed herself down, standing straight. "You are just as strict as your father...It would have been easier to have taken on your mothers cheerful and relaxed personality." She blushed further, eyes wide as she could only stare at the ground awkwardly. She had always been a mirror image of her father in looks and personality. "It would be improper Sire to be so care free." She whispered in return, only gaining a soft sigh in return.

The man stood, causing some of the guards in the room to perk up from their minor chatter.
"Today, some of our soldiers return. You have been promised that this day would bond you with a Composer. When they return you will meet with a composer to be paired together." Her eyes lit up, causing a grin to spread out on her cheeks. How could she not?! She could be like her parents. Finally. "Please say you do not Jest Sire, my heart has raced for this very news..." She whispered, hearing a chuckle. "I do not Amy, It is nice to see that innocence in you though."

A few moments later she was excused and quickly she rushed towards the Barracks to one of the rooms reserved for this very occasion. She sucked in a sharp breath as she held a brief smile. "Finally..." She placed her hands upon her chest, feeling the rapid beat of her heart as she nodded, breathing softer. "Calm down...calm down..." After a few moments she was calm again, her stoic features placed back on her face.

Now, she only had to wait for the armies return.

She only had to wait for the general to assign someone to her.

She
had to wait.

oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

"It would appear that he hit his head, sir." A medic of the army, donned in a white coat, stared at Kabal carefully as they sat on the back of a moving cart. "He seems to have amnesia. It'll be fine after a little while, but for now he definitely doesn't remember anything."

"Fine. Dismissed." The medic's superior quickly turned to Kabal. "You. Your name is Gabriel Constania. Now go fall in line, and if you take one step out of it I'll beat the living shit out of you." Breathing an inward sigh of relief, Kabal jumped off the cart and ran to join a random line. As he marched with the rest of the army, he marvel at just how lucky he was.

Or rather, unlucky.

Ok, so the good news is...I passed the Gauntlet, the greatest test the Hall of Crypteia has to offer! The bad news? They think I'm dead, and now I've been mistaken as a Tyrande soldier. This can't possibly get any worse.

The Gauntlet is simple- to pass it, one must walk past two rows of Elders. However, each and every Elder wields their blood magic, striking as hard and swiftly as they can in order to prevent one's passing. It is a test of strength, agility, and will; a test that many die from. However, the test is required to take if one wishes to leave the Hall.

All in all, it was pretty easy for them to assume that he died from it. After all, once he took his last step, he fainted on the spot out of sheer exhaustion and pain. When Kabal woke up, he'd been surprised to see that there'd been a battle right where he lay. He'd barely had enough time to change into the first pair of clothes he saw, no matter the fact that they were on a dead body. It was just his bad luck that they'd belonged to an enemy soldier, not to mention that the Elders had miraculously left his face, neck, and shoulders intact, thus hiding the many wounds they had given him.

Now, here he was, in Tyrande. While some might have argued that such a position was desirable, in regards to the war, in Kabal's opinion he was just in deep shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Form a line, men!"

Kabal quickly did as he was told, trying very hard not to call attention to himself. This, however, was futile- almost everyone in the room was dark-haired, making his nearly white hair seem strange and different. It didn't help that he was constantly getting glared at. Surprisingly, people from Arcanum were not unheard of in the Tyrande army; they often came from the bits of land that they'd won in battle from Arcanum over the years. Many of them had joined the military in return for the safety of their families and property.

However, it didn't change the fact that they were still hated for the death of Tyrande's Queen.

While he wasn't exactly sure what they were in the room for, Kabal could only guess that it was for something formal- there were only a few soldiers, besides the general, in attendance. Not only that, but none of them wear their usual garb, but were wearing something entirely different. Kabal could only guess that it was their formal military wear. It was very different from Kabal's kingdom, where they only had one dress code for soldiers at all times.

"You are all here because you are the best fighters this land has to offer." An older man, the general, began, "All of you are here because you are Composers. Today, one of you will be paired with the Lady Amy. When she enters the room, you will all remain still while the choice of which one of you is to be her pair bond is being made. Understood?"

"Sir, yes sir!"

Bond? Composer? Oh great Aghast....it just got worse.

Pink eyes could not refrain from their constant movement as she shuddered. Such a decision made her skin crawl to a point she felt the weight upon her shoulders. However, she relished in that delightful feeling. Soon she would finally be an asset. Never had the girl felt useful to the King nor her kingdom but once bonded she would be and that had grasped her naive dreams since a wonderfully young age. Gently, she adjusted the white skirt with the black trim, her stockings being shifted into place as she then moved on to sorting out her coat.

Then she was done.

She stepped into the room as she felt many eyes upon her, causing her to flinch although it was subtly. Few were trained enough to observe people so she was able to believe that the small action was missed. With a soft breath she walked over to the general, the only sound she was making was thee light tap of the armor boots she adorned. Once stood before the general she placed her hand upon her heart, bowing briefly before she stood straight once more. "Welcome back from the battle General." She greeted before she turned to the men and women stood in line.

Amy knew why she was here. She would pick one as her partner and then it would be tested to see if he or she could pull out her weapon and if not it was free game, anyone else could try and if they did the bond would form. Her consent or not. She knew full well why so many melodies were reluctant to serve as fighters. Melodies could never betray their composer for it was considered to shame them but yet there were Composers with many Melodies. To Amy that was not a huge deal, she only wished to serve Tyrande and if she had to be a weapon then it was perfectly fine. Both her parents did the exact same thing!

Faintly she began to bite her lip as she stared at them all, cold pink eyes making sure to study each one carefully. Many of them left her with nothing, the song she contained seemed still with each passing but eventually she laid eyes upon one who stood out. 'Light hair? Arcanum.' She was surprised to see a Arcanum person within the group, mostly since they were observed so carefully that they never made it past the lowest rank. So of course it made her pink eyes widen slightly at the sight and the more surprising thing is that she felt her heart race.

'Damnit...Bloody Damnit...its him isn't it?'

After a moment of being still the General's daughter moved, walked towards the Arcanum male, only pausing when she stood in front of him. "Him." She stated, bringing her arms up as she folded them upon her torso. "I pick him." She ignored the short gasps from the other soldiers, mostly since they only served to irritated her. Then came the complaints, only causing a groan to pass her lips before she turned a cold gaze to them. "If he was a Arcanum spy he would have been killed by now. If he was a higher rank in their military then he would have been killed by now. You understand that we only allow those who are low in rank so they cannot be a huge threat. Unless...you doubt the King and his ability to judge?" She asked, getting a frantic shake of the head in return. "Good, because if you did I would ask you to draw your sword now so I could strike you down."

They returned to standing to attention, causing her to slightly calm down before she turned to the General. "Could you please remove these soldiers, dismiss them so they can rest? I doubt they wish to remain here after such a tiresome battle." She added, causing the elder man to nod before he dismissed them, making them leave. The general eventually followed. She turned back to the light haired male, her expression relaxing so she seemed a lot more calmer.

She murmured something softly before she sighed. "We need to see if you can remove my weapon." She spoke softly, her tone still strict but this time it seemed friendly. Or at least tried to be. "I apologize. I'm Amy Delacroix. You?" She added, turning to face him as she took a slight step back, mostly since the girl was generally quite uncomfortable near others. "Oh, and please, go ahead so we can see if this will work." From her words alone it only made Amy seem strict, her words cold. However, if this man could read people he would be able to see the fear within her eyes and the small shake to her words.

She was just trying to get this over with because it scared her a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh....you have got to be kidding me.

Kabal calmly stood still, even though his heart was racing. As soon as that girl had stepped into the room, he knew she would be trouble. However, it wasn't until she looked at him that he felt his heart begin to pound.

In that instant, which seemed to stand still in time, he just knew.

She was the one they called, in his language, his lei'ore- a 'soul mate' of sorts. While a lei'ore is generally, simply, the same as what the Tryande call a 'Melody', it is Arcanum custom for lei'ores and their 'Composer' counterparts, ore'iels, to be bonded together for life; this means that they are often forcibly married to each other, regardless of how the two feel about each other or even if the two are of the same gender. To the Arcanum people, the bond between lei'ores and ore'eils is governed by the gods, and as such, must be honored. To dishonor such a thing would be sacrilegious, even punishable in some cases- as if they were to spit in the faces of the gods. As a prince of his people, he was honor-bound to uphold his part of the bond. Although, he couldn't help but be tempted to spit in the gods faces. It was just ridiculous that they'd pair him with...her. She was the enemy, for goodness sakes! Why couldn't they just have chosen a nice, pretty girl from his own kingdom to be with him for the rest of his life?

"If he was a Arcanum spy he would have been killed by now. If he was a higher rank in their military then he would have been killed by now. You understand that we only allow those who are low in rank so they cannot be a huge threat. Unless...you doubt the King and his ability to judge?"

Kabal didn't dare chuckle at the irony, although he wanted to. If only she knew.....

After she sent the rest of the soldiers away, Kabal briefly considered incapacitating her and making a run for it. It would have been relatively easy to do, in theory, but the barracks were surrounded by soldiers of every rank. He would have a hard time hiding long enough to make his escape. Not only that but, whether he liked it or not, they were a pair. He could not deny the bond, even if he wanted to. He had no choice but to stay and play along.

She murmured something softly before she sighed. "We need to see if you can remove my weapon." She spoke softly, her tone still strict but this time it seemed friendly. Or at least tried to be. "I apologize. I'm Amy Delacroix. You?" She added, turning to face him as she took a slight step back, mostly since the girl was generally quite uncomfortable near others. "Oh, and please, go ahead so we can see if this will work."

Kabal gave her a cold look in return, despite the girl's friendliness. He appreciated the effort she was making, but he was extremely uncomfortable with the situation, especially after he recognized her last name. Like his brothers, he had been taught the names of the highest ranking officials in Tyrande. Although...as he looked at her, he could see the fear in her eyes. Suddenly, it occurred to him that perhaps she was putting up a front. From the sound of her voice and the look in her eyes, it seemed to him that she was...scared. Really scared. Why would the daughter of the general be scared, of all things?

It didn't really make sense for her to be scared of him, but as he felt his heart practically melt it no longer mattered. Even though it was merely impulse, he wanted to make her smile...to make that fear go away.

"There's no need to look at me like that...Amy." His voice smooth as silk and gentle enough to calm a wild animal, he tentatively called her by her first name even though he knew that it was incredibly informal, even by Arcanum standards. Further stepping out of line, he walked up to her, never once breaking eye contact. Even without speaking, the moment was intense- the tension in the air could practically be cut with a knife for its thickness. "And I don't need to pull out your weapon....I already know. I can feel it. You can too." He added softly, no more than a couple of inches away from her. Without even thinking about the consequences of his actions, he put a hand on her chest where her heart would be. "Your heart is racing and your blood is singing, just like mine. Why, then, are you scared?" His voice drifted off at the end, almost guiltily since he too was uncomfortable with the situation in general.

Acting once more upon impulse, his hand went from her chest to caress the back of her neck. In one swift motion, he kissed her- sealing the pact in the Arcanum way. However, it was not a kiss of love, nor even of romance; he gave her a gentle, quick peck and moved away from her as swiftly as possible. He made sure to put plenty of space between them.

Oh Aghast, what have I done?

"And now our bond is sealed, for better or worse." He smiled softly at her, adding in a mumble, "Although if you ask me, I'd say it's for worse....."

Amy could only stare as she finally heard him speak, his voice was smooth and in effect made the girl if only slightly. Her shoulders settled, no longer tense as she watched him carefully. 'Ah, I have to dislike this bond.' She thought, watching him carefully as she regained her front, raising a brow as she crossed her arms. Huffing she felt a small but fake smirk come to her lips. "Humph, show you what look soldier?" She asked, humming slightly before she was cut, off eyes wide as he said her name.

Damnit.

The girl decided to be wary of him, specially since he so easily saw through the disgusted that had worked for years for her. No, he broke it. She shifting back, slightly. She spoke not a work but her eyes did not shift from their gaze. Both curious and cold. Then, he continued with words that were so true that it struck a nerve within her. A truth that she denied he so easily exposed and that alone cause her to blush slightly in embarassment. "D-damnit it..." She whispered, trying to put space between them.

Physical contact was something Amy had an issue with. For years she would void it to the best of her ability and even with her only family members she would flinch, fearful for no apparent reason. So when the male placed his hand upon her heart she could only freeze up, pink eyes stuck on him as he spoke. "Shut up." She replied quietly to his words, shifting her gaze. "Why am I scared?" Copying his words she frowned, biting her lips.

"I don't know."

She could barely reply in words loud enough to be heard but her mind betrayed her by speaking the truth. Amy questioned herself to why she felt fear course through her system currently. The fear, the anxiety and the concern all left her mind because only seconds later she felt his lips upon hers, his fingers on her neck. 'The hell?' Was only her thought. She could not understand why he would do that! Pink eyes stared at him as he moved far from her, creating a space between then.

Amy remained dazed for a few seconds before she reached up, coughing lightly into her hand as she regained her front. "Your countries custom..." With that she faced him properly, arms folded over her torso as she pursed her lips. Her whole front seemed off with the addition to the embarrassed red glow to her cheeks. One could not even tell how the anger flooded through her until moments later when the prince poked his head through the door, a grin on his lips "Amy! I came to see you and your Composer! I feel sorry for the poo-"

Her fist slammed into his cheeks as angry eyes stared down at him, the air practically radiating a inhumane amount of chill as she seemed to burst. "What the hell Dallas! You were going to say poor guy weren't you?" She hissed, looking at the groaning prince as he sat up, rubbing his cheek. "Hey! I was not!" He lied, causing the generals daughter to reach around to her sword, slowly dragging it from the sheath. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The prince quickly hurried before he bolted behind Kabal.

Watching as he bolted behind her composer she sheathed her sword, raising a brow. "Stop being a wimp. How are you the next king of our kingdom." She murmured, looking to Kabal. "I apologize for him." She quickly added before she grabbed the older prince by the collar, dragging him to his feet.
"Tch, grumpy and stoic as ever aren't you Amy." He whispered, luckily not gaining her attention. "I'm surprised that you picked a guy from our enemies side though. You hate them to your core after that event."

She shook her head before pushing the hair form her face. "But he isn't the one who killed her majesty." She murmured before stretching her arms above her head. "I thank you for appearing those Dallas since I no longer hold any anger." She added with a smirk before she turned to Kabal, who still remained nameless to her. "I must go see His Majesty and my Father, will you come?" She asked, ignoring the prince who was attempting to annoy her in some way.

Kabal found himself chuckling at Amy's expression as her cheeks seemed to glow red with embarrassment. He was unconscious of the fact that there was a smirk on his own face, as he couldn't help but think of how....cute she looked, even if she was angry.

Wait. Cute? What the hell am I doing, smiling at her? Suddenly coming to his senses, he frowned as the prince peeked his head into the door only to receive a rather harsh welcome. He demeanor further darkened as the prince took cover, hiding behind him. Kabal nearly stepped away from him in disgust. To him, a prince hiding behind a mere soldier was downright dishonorable. What good was a kingdom if it's own leaders were weak? Despite his true feelings, Kabal quickly hid them behind a sly smile. He could not show his displeasure towards the prince, lest he risk being found out.

Kabal shifted just the tiniest bit, feeling the strands of blood twined around his arms. Since it was incredibly painful and time-consuming to bleed oneself and infuse it with magic, Kabal kept his blood-strings on him at all times; he often wound the lengthy string around his body to save space. It was also part of his fighting technique to do so. However, he ran a high risk of being found out by doing so- all one had to do was pull up his sleeve or remove some other piece of clothing. It was the main reason why he never allowed anyone to touch him, for any reason.

One move, and he could pierce a metal, magic-infused arrow bound by his blood magic straight into the prince's heart and kill him instantly. It would be so easy, so flawless. It would strike a massive blow to Tyrande, as they would lose their only heir, and it could even give Arcanum an entirely new advantage.

As quickly as he had come, he was dragged away by his lei'ore. Kabal cursed himself for his missed opportunity. The prince would never know just how close he had come to death simply by being next to him; for in that split moment, Kabal had been willing to risk everything just to strike Tyrande in the heart once more.

Amy turned to him, somehow instantly dragging him out of his dark thoughts. How was she able to do that? The bond between them was going to be a be a major problem, he could already tell. He could not afford to have any feelings for a girl from the enemy kingdom, and here he was, pair-bonded with one.

It was going to be a long day.

"I am tired from the long battle, my lei'ore, but I would be honored in escorting you." He lied, wishing more than anything that he could leave so he could attempt an escape, "Also, please call me Gabriel. I am at your service." For the time being.

Settling a hand upon her waist as she awaited a reply she just poked her tongue out at Dallas. The boy had been her friend for years and so the two appeared friendly with one another. Receiving a playful glare in return she rolled her eyes before grabbed Gabriel's arm to drag him out of the room, getting him away from the idiotic prince who seemed to infect people with his obvious stupidity.

Once out she stretched her arms above her head before turning to him, raising a brow to him. "Lei'ore?" She asked. Her accent was slightly different, making the word sound different that how Gabriel pronounced it. Of course, she was not the smartest on her enemies language so she was stuck there, curious. What made it clear that her intelligence in that department was not the best was that most people of Tyrande were taught certain words from the Arcanum language but she, a generals daughter did not.

Finally, Amy was told the boys name and in that second it was clear that she relaxed slightly. "Ah..Its a pleasure to meet you Gabriel." She replied swiftly, her facade back in its place. "I can say the same to you." As a melody, she was considered a tool and a tool alone within this kingdom. There Melodies here outnumbered the composers and so one was treasured and the other was not.

Coughing slightly she turned on her heels, before heading off to the throne room. 'I wonder what my father will say...Sire will probably no mind as he has accepted many people from Arcanum...Mother...' She was not wanting to think about this currently. Her mother herself had some...blood of those people but it was diluted a lot. It was generations ago that the woman's great grandfather was accepted here.

Reaching the throne room she pushed the doors open before walking towards the familiar scene. Despite the cold presence the kingdom gave off to their enemies, they generally were quite happy people. This was displayed by the fact her father had his arm around the kings shoulders, the royal man having his arm around his general and melody. She stared and after a few moments she groaned. Did her father have to embarrass her at every single moment?

"Sire...Father..."

She felt pink eyes similar to her own settle upon her along with the kings. Her mothers own bright blue coloured eyes brightened up as well. "Ah! Welcome back Amy." The king greeted, taking a seat once again. The general took a step back to stand with her mother as the girl stepped forwards, bowing at the waist as she placed her right hand upon her heart. "Thank you sire, I came to greet you and my parents before I and my Composer retire." She stated, glancing to her father for a moment. "After all...He returned to the kingdom after battle." So, noting their curious gazes she motioned to Gabriel. "This is my composer, Gabriel."

Her mother stepped forwards, a small smile on her face as she held out her hand.
"Pleasure to meet you Gabriel, I am Ryoste. Odd name, I know." She continued, laughing softly before looking to Kraus. "Come say hello!" She hissed, causing the man to roll his eyes. "I am general Klaus..." he whispered, glancing away, bored. He was always like this. "Ignore him Gabriel, Klaus has always been this way." the king muttered, arms folded with a grin. The general glared at his wife before sighing. They both tended to gang up on him a lot. "It...is nice to meet you..." he struggled to get out before he closed his eyes with a groan before turning to stand back at the kings side. "Klaus is always in a bad mood...Gabriel, I heard you have just returned from battle, if so just have Amy escort you to the rooms for the Composers whenever you wish."

Last edited by a moderator:
This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back