• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A roleplay about... MEERKATS?!

Interested?

• Yea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Astronaris

Big Boss
Roleplay Type(s)
Yes a roleplay inspired by Meerkat Manor that was on the animal planet that i watched like it a darn religion waay back.

I mostly got the idea for this from another site where someone else started a roleplay like this sadly the gm who was a overly strict and over confident and basically it died because he refuse to allow other people to interact with each other because some have not made their first post and basically thats how it died this was a really far back however heck even the forum that the rp was on is gone. i figured a roleplay like this would work better here.

Though i must make things clear about Meerkat culture however. First off they DO NOT work like wolf packs or a lion pride but some parts resemble wolf packs just a little bit.

Note: You may find these quite a bit sexist but its from wikipedia about meerkats so.

Females cannot join other mobs if evicted

But they can create their own. This is probably a good trade for the fact that only females can lead groups, however i may make exceptions about this but your going to have to ask me first.

Only females can lead and only the matriarch can have pups

This right is jealously reserved for the matriarch and her mate only. Females will get evicted for getting pregnant and probably their pups killed by the matriarch. This is to prevent overcrowding. But on rare occassions exceptions have been made but better not try your luck ladies.

Meerkats hate water

It sticks to their fur in clumps, they just don't like it.

Meerkats are very, very close to their family members, and pups are guarded and put on first priority at all times

They put their pups first. They surface from the burrow around the second week of their birth, they emerge from the burrow. They stay with the burrow up until their third to forth week, when they go foraging with the den.

They do not tolerate mobs on their territory

They are known for being brutal in territory fights, and will chase out rivals if spotted.

Meerkats are insectivores

They eat bugs with the occasional tortoise egg, and very rarely small birds, they do not hunt like a wolf or a lion jut forage for food.

There are no set pup sitters excluding the dominate pairs

Both dominate pairs will be leading the foragers, but anyone can fall victim to being stuck as pup sitter.

Rival Mobs will kill the pups of other mobs

To reduce the competition, meerkats will kill pups. This may seem cruel, but it is the fact of life of the Kalahari.

Some of these would most likely be changed/remove when the rp is made so yea anyone interested? feel free to make suggestions n such.

Edit: To clear some things out yes these meerkats can talk to this each other like humans. NO hybrids with other animals neither. And in this roleplay you can make your own little story, want to make a rover thats a cassanova among the ladies? go ahead, want a power hungry female who seeks to murder the rival mob matriarch? go ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
AssiduousG said:
I'm interested! What roles are open?
Any roles are open at the moment at the start there will be 2 mobs and people may make more if i feel that the two mobs are getting quite big or for the sake of a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back