• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

A ROle Play Character of the Month...?

DO you want there to be a RPN Character of the Month?

• No! It is too much work, and member of the month is basically the same.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheFallOfitAll

A Ghost of RpN's Past
Okay, here me out.

1. I get the Role Play of the Month, and the RPer of the month.

Now, everyone here on RPN has a HUGE array of characters that they may come up with, and all that.

I'd be perfectly willing to do this myself, to look through EVERY RP and see how every character interacts, I mean it, unless my computer dies, or my dad makes me never on again, I'd be perfectly willing to DO this.

But, I think this shouldn't just be up to the mods reading it, I'm going to have a poll, for or against, and based on the results, the members of RPN will be heard.

So yeah, vote what you want.

I honestly do think we should have this. And when you pick the winner(Perhaps a second and third place as well?) You can copy there best work from that Role Play as to why you picked them. And the part of the Role Play that shows there depth/development and so on. Of that character. 
I really think the writers would really like this. If they put so much into there character, it would feel nice I think.

I was actually thinking of having it be a cycle of the RP types per month, like, first month, I choose three characters from the Animal type, and then let the people vote, and the post the official. Then next month is the next type, and same idea.

Then I'd have some trivia about the character, basic history, how they act in the RP, and why they made it to the voting stage. This way, every type of character gets a chance, and everyone gets to participate so my bias wouldn't go into effect, but, I think GgAcE should look this over, think about it.

Also, am I the first one to think of this?

TheFallOfitAll said:
I was actually thinking of having it be a cycle of the RP types per month, like, first month, I choose three characters from the Animal type, and then let the people vote, and the post the official. Then next month is the next type, and same idea.
Then I'd have some trivia about the character, basic history, how they act in the RP, and why they made it to the voting stage. This way, every type of character gets a chance, and everyone gets to participate so my bias wouldn't go into effect, but, I think GgAcE should look this over, think about it.

Also, am I the first one to think of this?
All this by yourself? Perhaps you should recruit some help.

I think Esme and Kagura don't have any help. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I would be willing to accept help, but, it'd have to follow similar rules as MoTM and Rotm. As, it is basically a combination of both, in a way.

Imagine how many people would be fighting for this. *starts imagining that scene in the trailer of World War Z, where all the zombies are crawling on top of each other to get to the helicopter*

FAR to many characters to vote upon for the staff. If you want your character featured, add it to the character gallery. I routinely revolve the featured characters in the gallery.

It takes enough time as it is to have a role play & a member of the month (not role player of the month) as it is. I can't afford more time for a 3rd "of the month".

Sorry =(

When there was the blog feature there was a couple of members who would do something similar, listing favored characters, roleplays, romances, and probably some other things I don't recall. Faith Eliza Cord was the progenitor of the practice, I believe. It was accepted by staff, just not a 'part of the site' the way RPotM and MotM are. I don't see why, in lieu of a blog feature, threads can't be included in the general/creative section for the purpose of pimping out characters/plots/couples that a given members enjoys.

As a writer, I don't personally endorse the concept, but there is a place for it for those who do.

Well, if the blog gets re-instated, I may do something along the lines of this, list my fave RP's, or lines stated within the RP's I am in.

I like the idea but if you did this that would mean everybody would have to be a admin for this to work as for the sheer size of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back