A Reintroduction!

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I never considered this before, but I noticed a few people do this, so I thought I'd give it a shot!

I am not new to RolePlaying (been doing it for about 5 1/2 years), nor am I new to the site (you can see on my profile that I joined in 2014), but I am tentatively returning from a roughly year-long RolePlaying hiatus. It ended up being less than a year because although I was on hiatus, I have a hard time saying no, so I would end up taking on new partners even though I didn't want to ^^"

After diligently RolePlaying for a couple of years, I noticed that I was quickly starting to lose steam and motivation with replying, and I had no idea why! So I went on a hiatus to figure out exactly that, and find it out I did. I discovered that I get incredibly uneasy if I start a RolePlay with a complete stranger. I don't know what a stranger expects of me, I don't know their values, I don't know if I'll make them mad on accident, etc. And if something comes up and they can't reply anymore/for a while, a stranger is more likely to just ghost you rather than letting you know what's going on.

As a result, I've started RolePlaying exclusively with friends, or at least acquaintances. I just feel more comfortable RolePlaying with someone who has a reason to talk to me besides just the RolePlay. However, if you sent me a message asking to RolePlay, I'll still probably say yes anyway because, again, I'm a pushover who doesn't know how to say no ^^"

Hello!

I totally get what you mean by roleplaying with strangers. That's why I really like to have an OOC chat going on while roleplaying with people! (Especially in 1v1's where it's more personal)

I feel like I'm always the one trying to keep up conversations in OOC chat. Like my partners couldn't care less about talking to me outside of the RolePlay >~< So I guess that ties into the rest.

I'm sorry you feel that way :( I can assure you that not everyone is like that! I always love getting to know new people ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back