• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

A question about threads.

Quilboarian

I'll just explain what I'm doing:

I had an idea for a roleplay involving rebels, and government agents sent to kill said rebels. Players would be on one side or the other.

So, I want to keep a separate thread for each squad, so nobody would metagame anybody's location, the tactics they were going to use, etc. I'd translate things from one thread to another once they actually bump into each other during the RP. I would be keeping a map handy.

So, is there any way I can do it? Have separate posting areas for each team, that only the specified team members can look at?

To my understanding,you could have separate in-character RP threads,and try to rely on the honour system. However,humans being humans,this has the possibility to break down. I do not know if you're able to set up viewership permissions for the threads,but it seems quite unlikely.

A good solution would be to establish PM's for the character groups,one for the Revolutionaries,and one for the Loyalists,while keeping your own personal master reference.

Of course,having backups will be good,too. Redundancy is safety. And,when all else fails,establish a hierarchy of rules and a chain of command,and don't be afraid to swing your hammer if you need to.

Y'know, I think I could manage it via conversation, couldn't I? They added something to do with conversation groups, or something.

Conversation threads would be difficult to handle, a tabbed thread RP would suffice, all you'd need is one thread called IC Rebel, IC Gov't and IC All. The rebels post their actions and interactions in their own thread, the government forces do the same in theirs and then you post in the All thread and tag players as they are involved in that thread.

Captain Hesperus

Last edited by a moderator:
Only moderators can manage reply bans. This only prevents users from replying to the thread. They are still able to see the thread. You could make a ticket in roleplay support and send us a list of users to restrict from each thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back