Showcase A Participatory Pokemon Showcase Dump For All!

Merciless Medic

Walking Pokemon Dictionary
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thank you, Onmyoji Onmyoji , for allowing me to do this. :3

With the thanks out of the way, this thread is for sharing your Pokemon OCs (whether they be trainer or Pokemon), Canon Characters made into Pokemon or Pokemon trainers, isekais, the likes. They don't have to be perfect, they can WIPs, they can be something you made when you were five. If you want to give or receive constructive feedback, make sure the post says they want constructive feedback and please take the conversation elsewhere (as I somehow try to stay polite and fail) so this thread can stay true to being a showcase thread. :3

The only rules are to be respectful, keep it within the fandom of Pokemon (or a part of Pokemon if it's a crossover fandom), please stay in accordance to RPN rules, lol. If you do BBCode and you want mobile users to read your stuff, please keep it accessible/readable via mobile.

How you express your character can be in a character sheet, a Google Doc (make sure it's set to Viewer only 😅), an elevator style-pitch, an interview style introduction for your character, or maybe even an introduction fanfiction style. Maybe even an artistic reference sheet~. However you want to express it, do so. :3 No matter if it's simple or detailed, there is no judging~.

Add as many characters as you want. :3 Even in separate posts.

Field Medic MD1689145636028.png
FC: Shinra Kishitani from Durarara!!
#6a6a6a - Dialogue; #d4d4d4 - Narrative; #301934 - bg; #466d1d - border​

Name: Raphael Burkhardt
Sexuality: Bisexual (female leaning)

• Appearance: At 5'10" (178 cm) and weighing in at 132 lbs (60 kg) with minimal lean muscle, Raphael is what you'd expect from a doctor who does some physical activity. He's not strong, but he's not weak either. He wears black square glasses, is pale, and has brown eyes and brown hair that goes down to his neck in the back. He usually wears a white lab coat over a dress shirt and tie, and dark green pants with brown shoes. However, since he'll be in the desert, he'll wear a simple sky blue dress shirt, a vest with many pockets, a yellow bandanna around his neck, biege khaki pants with a belt for utility pouches, and mountain boots with what looks like legwarmers around the cuff of his boots. However, it's to keep the sand from entering into his boots and to soak up sweat to cool him off. He'll also be wearing a brown backpack with all of this things for desert travel. He also wears Safety Goggles, which sit on his head like a Digimon Protagonist.

Pokemon (WIP)
  • 1689145661965.png
    Species: Audino - Normal
    Nickname: Amme (pronounced Ammuh)
    Experience: Lv. 30 equivalent
    Nature/Characteristic: Relaxed/Takes plenty of naps.
    Ability: Regenerator - Restores 1/3 of Pokemon's stamina upon switching out of a battle. This includes through the use of moves that switch the user out and moves used by opposing Pokemon that force it to switch. Heal Block doesn't prevent healing.

Moves:
    Helping Hand
    -
    Refresh -
    Double Slap -
    Attract -
    Disarming Voice -
    Baby-Doll Eyes -
    Zen Headbutt -
    Life Dew -
    After You -
    Misty Terrain -
    Entrainment -
    Hyper Voice -
    Healing Wish -
    Heal Bell -
    Lucky Chant -
    Wish -
    Calm Mind (TM) -

Moves Set to Learn Later:
    Heal Pulse -

Last edited:
Oh wow, I actually had a Pokemon OC a time ago, you've reminded me. That RP was huge for me lol, one of the first RPs I've done that I really got into, despite the fact that I wasn't (and still am not) really familiar with the universe. Despite my lack of knowledge, though, the other players were really patient with me for the most part, and I'm ultimately happy I was able to write for a RP that was so significant for me.

Arcanus was a Hypno, because gosh darnit, that first gen PokeRap has some good memories attached to it. Still love the first gen Pokemon, and I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could remember the entire rap like I used to sing into my fake karaoke mic, like a badass XD

But yeah, Arcanus was a Hypno, and I think I even established my own headcanon about how the Hypno race worked, with their affinity to "eat dreams" and the rumours (myths) about kidnapping children that gave them their eerie reputation. But Arcanus was a quiet, wise, and inquisitive type. He dwelled on philosophy a lot and enjoyed observing the behaviours of the mind, and knew quite a lot about how and why people behaved the way they did. Kind of really centered around my love of philosophy and psychology, which is still a strong one today.

As such, Arcanus was very patient with a particularly unruly Pidgeotto, and helped her through a lot of emotional issues. Their close friendship eventually broke out into a fiery romance - one I was unsure of at first, to be honest, as I'd never RPed romance before... nor had much interest in it, hence this RP being such a new and big thing for me. I gave it a shot, adored it, and haven't stopped writing romance since XD The two had their first kiss on Valentine's of all days, it just worked.

Arcanus was also my first foray into portraying mental illness through RP, as he developed PTSD later on surrounding the main villain. That is also something I've never stopped writing, try as I might. Deep-seated emotional scars are just too fun not to write.

One of the most important tokens in Hypno culture was their pendulum, and though they could perform their hypnosis with just about anything that swung, Arcanus's pendulum was very important to him. So he wound up giving his to his love, who then fashioned a special one out of grass for him. It was such a nifty, heartwarming detail.

The RPer and I even made some fanfictions after the fact in celebration of the characters' relationship. I think there were two, maybe three in total? There was a dark one and a light one. Perhaps something in between, if there was a third. It's been too long lol, and my brain disagrees with me, especially since I was in the middle of chemo during the course of the RP x_x Makes things extra fuzzy, I didn't even remember most of this 'til I started writing it out.

All things considered, I'm still pretty happy with that character. He, his love, and the whole RP was an integral part to my growth as a writer and as a person. I did play a Haunter before him, but eventually had to withdraw her from the RP as real life got too busy. I rejoined with Arcanus eventually and had quite the journey.

I hope to make my storytelling into a career someday and Arcanus was one of the key components that lead me to this conclusion. Onwards to bigger and better things! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back