• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

A noob asking about tabs

Reve the Third

The King of Slavadia
So I (sort of) have an Idea of how tabs work. But my question is... What should I put down first? I mean, when it comes to In-character, OOC, Character Sign-up, etc.

I want to get it right the first time, but I know little about how tabs work, so I want to know what to do when starting an RP. Can I adjust the tabs to be in a certain order? Or should I put everything in a certain order the first time through? I want to know this, so I can get this thing all organised and stuff.

Take a look at this picture here. Those are your glorious tabs!

8c68c4a55e08dbecbf08f2f436992834.png

That's from my own roleplay. You can add more tabs, but the standard tabs are In Character RPing, Overview, Out of Character Chat, and Character Sign Up. They can't be removed.

When you click the 'create a thread' button, you are asked to fill out just one paragraph. When you create the roleplay, that'll be the In Character RPing tab. You can just leave the empty, but when you hit the button to create it, you get the whole set of standard tabs. In the Character Sign up, you'd put the CS Skeleton, which people would fill out to join.

0d726fc98e8bc2801eadbba215b63ebf.png
In the In Character RPing, that's where people actually roleplay. You can put the story overview here if you'd like, or just leave it empty for now.

The Overview tab is for putting the story, but you can do this in the In Character RPing tab too if you'd like.

24520cb5ae2f43fb0c83a1158ed7e6bb.png
And then, the OOC tab is just for chatting and asking questions. ^^

When you start an RP, the IC, OOC and Sign-Up tabs are automatically created. The tab you first write in during the RP creation is the IC tab, by default. You cannot change that. However, you can requisition new tabs, with whatever name you wish, for the appropriate function you want, i.e. Overview, etc. But be patient, the tab adding is done manually by the moderators and it may take some time.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Hi Reve the Third and welcome to RpN!

The tabs are in a fixed order that cannot be changed.

The In-Character RPing, Overview (for group RPs), Out of Character Chat, and Character Sign-Up tabs are automatically generated for you when you create a new RP. Any additional tabs can be requested. See this post in the News & Information area for more information on the tabs you can request. You do NOT need to use all tabs, but we've found that most RPs need the IC RPing, OOC Chat, Character Sign-Up and (for group RPs), Overview tabs are all useful and utilized.

And... Ninja'd

Hopefully we didn't totally overwhelm you with information, Reve :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back