• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A new world - RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The brisk spring air filled the small warehouse the group had taken refuge in the previous night, only embers remained of the fire they had started the night before and those were slowly dying.

James woke early as he always did. as if he really slept much in the first place, the thoughts of keeping his brother safe often kept him from much-needed rest. after laying there awake for a few moments he looked over at his still sleeping brother and couldn't help but smile as he almost forgot the world they now live in, he got up stomped out the remaining embers of the fire before heading over to the door rifle in hand he stepped outside and surveyed the area before leaning up against the wall to just enjoy the fresh air, waiting for the others to wake so they could discuss today's plans whatever they ended up being.

Carson laid their barley awake thinking about the life they had before all of this happened. thinking about how things used to be made him happy and gave him hope.

Rhett opened his eyes and gave a small yawn. For the first time in a while, he actually got some much needed rest. Sitting on the edge of the small cot, which he got lucky to call dibs on, he picked up his backpack and shotgun. He noticed James walking outside from the corner of his eye, and decided to follow. He stood up, stretching his joints, and quietly went to the door.

He opened the door and saw James against the wall beside him. He didn't know much about the guy, as he joined the group about a week ago. Some of the others were...distrustful, to say at the very least towards Rhett, but he pulled his weight.

He closed his eyes, taking in the cool morning.

"Feels nice out here, yeah?" He asked James.

As Marcus rose, he noticed the boys being awake with Rhett. He stretched and squinted at the morning light coming in from the cracks and the warehouse door. He opened an MRE meal pack and took out the flameless ration heater to save the matches the group had and prepare the chili-bean mixture. Setting the heater up, he set a loaf of bread ready. Staring out the warehouse, he realized how much he started to miss normal food.

"Morning," he called out to the three.

“It sure does” James replied “its times like these where you can almost forget the world we live in now” he smiled taking in a deep breath.

Carson could smell the MRE that was being prepared beside him it made his stomach rumble reminding him he should eat he sat up pulling his bag over to him to rummage for food “ooooo spegiti’os” he exclaimed pulling the can from his bag he quickly got to eating. “Morning Marcus” he replied after getting a few bites in

Rhett gave a small sigh,"I still sometimes wonder if the rest of the world's okay, you know."

He rested his shotgun on his shoulder, making sure to point it away from James. As much time as he spent on his own, he wasn't used to having to look out for others.

"yeah... I guess we'll never really know how big a hit this took on the world and everything in it . " he said a bit solemnly. he took a drink of his water " you think we'll ever get past this and have a life that resembles the world before" he questioned thinking about how much he truly wanted that more for his brother than him.

Carson quickly ate the rest of his food and saw his bother outside talking to Rhett. Carson thought it was weird given how short of a time he had been with the group as James doesn't warm up to people the fastest anymore. After finishing, Carson threw his bag and quiver over his shoulder grabbing his bow as he headed for the door. " hey what are you guys talking about" he inquired whimsically.

"I hope so..." Rhett agreed. He then heard Carson behind him. He didn't know much about the boy, other than that he was James' brother. "Nothing important." He said truthfully.

He then turned back to James,"Well, I'm going on watch. If you need anything, holler. I'll come running." With that, he went over to the ladder beside the door and climbed up to the small balcony along that side of the roof.

( was trying to give others a chance to post but I guess not so I will go again)

"How long are we going to stay here" Carson Asked looking at James. Before taking a drink of his water and looking around for any unnerving movements in the distance.

" I don't know bud but probably not long this place has to many ways to get in our group cant keep it very secure, so don't get too comfortable here" he said with a smile " now go pack your sleeping bag always be ready to leave remember?" he pointed to where Carson had slept. James then decided to make a couple rounds around the building.

"Yeah Yeah I know," Carson said running off to pack his things.

Joaquina listened to the morning chatter with her eyes closed. From the sound of it, the only ones awake so far were the two young brothers, the cute police officer, and the newcomer. She'd come to feel protective of James and Carson after two months of traveling with them, and developed good rapport with Marcus, but Rhett was something else. There was something so unsettling about him. He came off like he's acting all the time, like his actions were only a performance. The question in her mind was how different Rhett the actor was from Rhett the character. She decided to get up after he volunteered to take watch.

She exited, ramen and beans in hand. "Morning guys." She began heating her last resort food, miserable that this was her fifth meal of ramen and beans in a row. "So, I'm running pretty low on food," she admitted. "I agree with James that we should move soon. I'd be fine to leave as soon as everyone's awake."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back