• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A new life IC (Open)

Isune

Some Nerd with Glasses
BEFORE JOINING THIS RP MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES, OTHERWISE YOUR CHARACTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THE RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE: A new life, a new set of rules (Rules for new life)

Humans, over these past few millions of years we've been rather busy. We started off as nothing more than simians, but as time went on we had no choice but to adapt. Why? There was something that needed to be solved. For years, the humans continued to evolve and evolve until you're left with us: homo sapiens. There are no longer problems that will cause us humans to adapt and evolve once again to conquer. We live in a time where only our machines evolve and all problems are solved using them. At the same time though, human is also beginning to grow weak and complacent, unaware of the world around them and no longer pursuing the answer to life's many questions. Instead, they're glued to their devices and shuffle aimlessly about like zombies.

Well, no more!

A few years back, a organization was formed. This organization never gained public attention, but was secretly being wired money by the United States government for one purpose: explore the human geno to it's fullest and unlock its true potential. In exchange for this money and private research facilities, the organization promised the United States a vast new sub-species of humans would make perfect soldiers. This would give them a distinct advantage on the battlefield should the need ever arise. Just the thought, an army of "mutants" at their beckoned call that could literally tear the enemy to shreds.

So, here we are...

Congratulations! You were one of the (un)lucky few to be randomly selected to take part of these experiments! Fear not, all accommodations have already been made for you. A transport vehicle will be here any moment now to come and pick you up, whether you like it or not. You will be transported to a much more...isolated location deep in a forest. Your chance of escape is slim to none and our team of lovely surgeons are standing by to give you new look and maybe even just make an entirely new you!

Today would just be another day for you. It was around 11 o'clock or so, mostly everyone is nice and cozy in their home and are asleep. Night offered the perfect cover for the extraction time to enter and pry you right out of your own home. No matter how hard you struggled, the two men seemed to have a grip of iron and carried you off to a large van hidden not that far off.

Inside the van, it's pitch black. Your hands and legs are bound to your seat and it's clear you're not getting out. The van floors it and soon, you're on the open road. What is there for you to do now? You can always try to scream and perhaps even try to escape if you're able. Of course, there isn't much hope. This is where our RP begins.

Last edited:
088eb3c71a41ea41e5ad45f74b44e48b--sexy-cartoons-fantasy-characters.jpg
[/IMG]
Adalia Jäger
Adalia was just now walking into her room that was located on one of the higher levels of the organizations headquarters. She whistled along with the song that was playing in her earbuds as she kicked her door open. The room was quite large and consisted of a dark purples and black color scheme. It was quite beautiful and she was quite proud of it, Adalia headed straight to her bathroom to wash off the residual blood from an experiment that had gone horribly wrong.

While most people were sleeping peacefully, she had been busy at work trying to correct the errors and gene abnormalities that had popped up in experiment 9990. A light sigh had escaped her as she dried off her hands, it was always such a downer when one of her toys wasn't able to handle her, "Ahhh, oh well. I guess I should probably back down to the containment unit to check on my precious babies, scope out the new trial humans, and....that might be it." Adalia threw on her signature black lab coat to cover her loose crop top but allowed it to hag loosely around her shoulders.

Her mind traveled back to the first time that the higher-ups had called her outfit "unsightly" and "not safe for work". The poor fools didn't realize what they had truly gotten themselves into when trying to challenge her on clothing choices. "The old bag of bones better be lucky that I choose to wear pants instead of that skirt I wore the first day," Adalia clicked her tongue at the memory and continued her trek through the facility.

(Since it's the first post, she's open for any interaction lol)

coded by: y o u n g j a e

Every night seemed to be the same. Work, errands, chores, an hour of television, the occasional word to her forever roommate, and bed. It was a common life, and though she felt bored by the idea of doing the same thing for the next sixty years, Olive would’ve much preferred it in comparison as what was to come.

Jack had already gone down for the night, his hair tousled as his face smashed into the arm of the couch. At least, for once, he’d slept on furniture and not the floor. And, as far as Olive could tell, he wasn’t passed out drunk this time.

The nightly routine consisted of staring at herself in the mirror laughing at her attempts at positive affirmations. Removing her glasses just to see things through a more blurry gaze, and brushing through her light brown, Auburn, hair. Bed awaited, and it was very much looked forward to.

She wasn’t sure how long it had been, but she sat up with a start. Something was... off. Be it a noise, a feeling, be it the slight breeze through the flat. Sleep was distant now, and the feeling of unease swept over her.

“Jack?” She called out to her brother, waiting for any sort of response. What she got was not what she expected. Angry hands gripped at her hair, holding her wrists, binding them, binding her feet as well. No matter how much squirming she did it was impossible to stop the brutish hands from taking what they wanted. Before she knew it, eyes were shielded by a bag, mouth was caged and silenced, and her arms and legs were unmovable. The only thing she recognized was the sound of an engine, and eventually the soft grunts of Jack. The floor beneath them tumbled with the engine, and, sitting back to back she tried reaching for, what she presumed, was Jack’s hand. Ultimately, she had no contact with anything but the vehicle. Wherever they were going, for whatever reason they were being taken away, it was going to be a long night.

Last edited:
The night of his capture had been calm, eerily so; Rasul was sitting alone in his office (his bedroom in the home he shared with his drug dealing friends) counting up the small fortune he had just received and needed to split with the others. However, they hadn't returned from earlier that day... Bar himself, the house was empty. Not that he minded all that much; the others were noisy assholes, so this time alone was god sent. Still though... Did they get busted? Or perhaps beaten by the new gang in town? He allowed his mind to ponder.

From downstairs, a knock sounded on the door. A pattern that only members of the gang knew to say that the coast was clear, but they had forgotten their key. "Dumbass..." Rolling his eyes, Rasul carefully placed the money in his hands on the table before walking out of the room. "You better have a good explanation for why you're late," he called as he fished out his key, and with a swift turn of his wrist, the door was unlocked. He opened it, expecting a scrawny male, but was alarmed as a large muscular man stood in front of him. His heart dropping into his stomach, he hesitated, and that was all it took for him to be restrained. No matter how hard he fought back and swore, he couldn't break free, and his vision quickly went dark as a bag was thrown over his head.

The next few hours were spent on the road to god knew where. The dark skinned man was frantic throughout it all. He wasn't going down easy and he wanted them to know it. Despite being gagged and held down by ropes, he screamed as loudly as possible, muffled promises of torture and death when he got his hands on his assailants reverberating around the trunk. By the end of it all, he was sweaty, snorting and completely spent and, despite his best attempts, he lost consciousness. Soon, a one of the men in the van removed the bag from his head and tore his gag out. It was all meant to keep him from screaming while being "loaded". Since it appeared that he had calmed down now, things were much easier to manage.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean @ anyone else in the van

Last edited by a moderator:
Regina sat with her legs crossed at her desk, her lanyard hanging around her neck and occasionally getting caught in her freshly washed and blow dried hair as she typed up the last report. Report? Well more like an entry.

"To conclude, I will continue further with assessment of experiment 1302," she finishes the last words outloud as she types and firmly presses a full stop. Done. Dusted. She scooted over to the corner and dressed herself appropiately, a simple burgandy turtleneck and a pair of black jeans and a sturdy pair of boots. Delightful.

Regina then put on her simple white overall coat, mainly the surgeons and actual operators wore it but it was a sign of her actually being a staff member. Picking up a trusty biro and stocking it in one of the top pockets along with a handful of sweets in the lower, Regina exited her 'office' of sorts where she held her chats and sessions and thus begun her walk around the compound. She spotted a fellow colleague on the way, Adalia.

"Morning, Miss Adalia, I'd say Good Morning but judging from the smell from you it wasn't very good now was it?" The woman chuckled at her own dark humour. "Are you excited for the new children?" She picked her words carefully and spoke kindly though her pouted lips and raised brows spoke otherwise. The lady gracefully joined in step with the young lady and chuckled, "pity, you should take more care of them if you want to keep your job little one," she said with little sadness and rolled her eyes, almost belittling.

"Now then, any plans for these ladies and gentlemen, I'd love to hear your ideas fly," Regina then smiled slightly as she scanned said lanyard to open up a certain door or two, security was such a must have in a place like this.

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

[/IMG]
Adalia Jäger
Adalia had turned her head at the sound of a familiar voice and was happy that it was one of her favorite coworkers, "Ahh come on Regina, there's no reason to call me 'Miss' since we're basically friends anyway. Plus being called miss just makes me sound like I'm such a hardass and crabby. Morning? Well I guess this counts as are morning seeing as I sleep most of the day anyway." She huffed out in frustration and ran her hand through her messy bangs when Regina mentioned how bad her morning went. "Another good body practically wasted just because the host body rejected and attacked the foreign genes. I swear this job is so irritating when dealing with failures but you should've seen the look on the new interns face when experiment 9990 began to spray its blood out from every possible opening."

Adalia laughed heartily at the memory while Regina asked what she had in store for the new batch and how she needed to be more careful if she wanted to keep her job. She could only snort in response, "I'm almost positive that they can't afford to fire me at this point, my family's ties with them are too strong. Now, about the new toys that have come in I do have a few ideas. I recently watched a movie that was based in my home country about a humanoid centipede, just imagine the speed and combined strength that a beast like that could acquire." Her eyes had lit up with a childish glee as other ideas flew threw her mind before she pouted suddenly. "...Damn them for rejecting my genius. I ran my list through the higher ups and they only green lighted a few of them such as avian hybrids, enhanced alloy skeleton, and human combustion just to list a few. How's your job going though, seems pretty boring and tedious to me."
Luckz Luckz

Nissa
roromiya_karuta_by_chiakisoul-d4nvc05.jpg

Nissa paused... the van was quiet. Too quiet as they drove. She was blocking out the others. Not caring about them enough... she had to focus on staying calm. On feeling nothing. When the men had come for her she had put up a fight of course... but she went limp very quickly, silent in the abduction. Tears silently fell as her thoughts went back to her mother... to her father. They would miss her. She missed them... but what could she do?
Scream?
Yell?
Fight back?
It wouldn't make a difference. Maybe if she was calm... if she stayed quiet... maybe they wouldn't hurt her. Wouldn't kill her right away. She assumed they would kill her. They had to be killers. Suddenly they advanced on her and she did nothing. Perhaps this was it... That was Nissa's last thought before everything went black and she had ended up in the van. Her abductors were put off by this... the others had fought much more than her. Nissa was laying on the floor, unmoving in the rope and duct tape. Her hair, freshly dyed by her mother, was scattered everywhere.

Her mother... Nissa thought of her mom. Of that warm dinner they had had before bed. Of her father saying cheesy jokes. Oh she would miss those cheesey jokes. They were the only things that ever made her laugh. She was so introverted. She couldn't express emotions easily... how would she cope now? She didn't want to think of that. No... all she would think about was how to stay silent enough in this moving van filled with other poor souls as it drove her and them closer and closer to death.

~Avery Cerek~
As the two females made their way down the hall, they soon found none other than the lead scientist himself in a blood-soaked coat with a mask over his mouth and nose. Pulling it down, he stared down the two of them as if contemplating what to say next. "I'll take it no progress has been made towards 9990?" He asked at last, staring down at a clipboard and writing down a few notes. "They're stable for now...though I'm not sure how long 'now' will last for. And by God Adalia, that outfit. Those piercings as well...I can assure you that your choice of, for a lack of a better word, attire will result in nothing more than a complete distraction. At the very least button your lab-coat all the way. Some modesty won't kill you." He added while pulling his mask off and putting it into the disposal nearby along with the other glove he had on. The only reason why Avery hadn't fired this woman yet was simply because she was damn good at her job. She had well earned her position of second in command and was one of the few people to ever actually hear Avery speak the way he did.

Turning his attention to Regina, Avery let off a short sigh as his hand ran through his blonde hair. "
Onto more pressing matters...Regina, have you read the files on the incoming subjects? I expect a full synopsis on them along with a full geno report. I need to know what they can take." He said while straightening himself up somewhat. He let off an annoyed sigh as he ran a hand through his hair once again, a clear sign that the man had been through quite the taxing day. "I just got off the phone with the extraction team. We must make sure everything is fully prepared for their arrival. I also expect a certain someone to cover themselves up to give an air of professionalism instead of looking like a sick man's fantasy."

Without even saying anything else, Avery motioned for the two to follow him as he continued to read through the clipboard. Every little bit of information was racing through his head, he knew this would be one hell of a night. Looking over each and every one of the cells once again, Avery nodded and noted the current condition of them. Everything was just as he had ordered it. Perfect.

"
When they get here, we'll be wasting no time. We'll find the first few candidates for experiments and put them under. Of course, I'd be prepared for any sort of resistance, it seems almost customary at this point for one person to try and hurt me or one of you. Just keep your guard up." Avery uttered at last as he entered the equipment room. He got his usual weapon and loaded it up, making sure it worked properly. He holstered it and looked to Adalia and motioned over to her whip. They had no time to lose.
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Luckz Luckz

~Austin Pearson~
It had been a long day for poor Austin. He was dead tired after a long day of classes. Of course, that didn't stop him from spending some time on his favorite gaming system. Right at about ten o'clock though, Austin unplugged for the night and got into some comfortable pajamas before crawling into bed. In a matter of minutes he was out like a light.

As the night went on, Austin could of sworn he heard the sound of his floorboards creaking. Being that he lived in a rather old house though, Austin simply thought of it as nothing major. Well, that was until two big ass men came barging into his room. Beyond scared, poor Austin leaped from his bed and managed to give those two guys a run for their money, managing to wiggle out of their grasp more than once.

Eventually, Austin's luck ran out as he took a heavy fist to the top of his head, bringing the wild goose chase to an end at last. He was tossed over one of the men's shoulders and carried off to a van not to far off from his house, neatly hidden from any prying eyes that may still be up at this hour. They opened the door and made sure to bind him like all the others. It was here they begin to remove the bags from their captive's heads since they were in an area where their screaming wouldn't arouse very much suspicion. Even as the usual screams and pleads to be set free rung out from the other captives, the two didn't seem to care in the slightest and instead chose to shut the door and climbed in. They put the keys into the ignition, and simply drove off as if they had done this a million times before. They still had more to collect, so they'd best be on their way.

littleberry littleberry Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

Last edited:
Today had almost seemed like a dream to Simon as if he had been living out his fantasy version of real life. His girlfriend of three years agreed to finally marry him, he was scoring in the top of all his classes in college and had just been offered a small scholarship for football for the same school if he continued to stay and play which would cover the rest of his expenses for class making money almost a non issue. He called his family back home in Manhattan to tell them of his success even getting told a few interesting facts from his six little siblings as well. With no issues with school or at home Simon thought this would be a perfect time to go out and celebrate with his friends as it seemed like things couldn't get any more perfect in his situation. He went out to a bar to enjoy a couple drinks enjoying the company of some of his closest friends as they all spoke obviously loud telling jokes and spewing out some of the funniest stories you possibly could have imagined. Of course Simon couldn't simply be out all night drinking or else his fiance might strangle him to death if she were to find out. Simon gave his farewells to his buddies and called a taxi to help take him home as he knew he was in no condition to drive at this point.

Luckily there were quiet a number of taxis parked out in front of the bar as they often made most of their money from drunk customers who couldn't get behind the wheel. Surprisingly enough a taxi began to pull in front of him, but found it odd that the vehicle had dark and tinted windows. Ignoring this SImon still hopped in while not trying to trip over himself with as much alcohol as he had consumed. When he had sat himself down and closed the door he noticed that there was another person in the taxi besides himself and the driver. A rather large man was seated in the passenger seat next to the driver and was at this point Simon noticed that the large man was carrying a pistol noticing it when he began to focus. Simon knew there was something wrong and began to try reopening the door only to find out that this vehicle had a child lock that would prevent him leaving the taxi. Suddenly the large man quickly reached over a placed a rag doused in chloroform over Simon's drunken face. SImon violently tried to knock the large man off of him but then would soon have the driver attempting to restrict his body to allow the man to continually keep the rag over his face. Simon attempted to yell for help, but would soon find himself too weak and drowsy to do so and eventually began to fall into a deep state of unconscious as the gentleman began to drive off with his motionless body in the back of the vehicle.

Simon would awake to find himself bounded by a thick rope and a bag over his head. He was still drowsy and slightly intoxicated so his body still felt somewhat weak after the event that had just unfolded. Suddenly the bag over his head was quickly snatched up revealing that Simon was not the only one that had been ambushed by the strange men. There were several that looked to be much younger then himself with only a few looking to be around his age or older. Simon wasn't sure as to how long he had been trapped alongside these other people, but it didn't matter as there was no way he could stay here. He began too look around memorizing faces as he took mental notes of what exactly what was happening to try and figure out why exactly he was captured.

littleberry littleberry Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Isune Isune

The lady Regina tutted at the mention of a centipede. "Not my cup of tea I must say," she said with a small smile ad she listened to the younger scientist. "The others sound more amusing I must say Adalia, a bird on a leash is something I have yet to see," Regina pushed that idea into the woman and even ushered in a nod of agreement for the others as well. "Interesting of course but I guess 9900's book can be thrown away now, perhaps anyway," Regina wouldn't throw it away, instead she'd store more persinal information in it where one wouldn't ever think to look in her library.

"It's mighty enjoyable my work allows me to read other individuals Adalia, you're not off that list either, your book is quitr substantial," she mentioned before seeing the man in front of her, Regina smirked at his remark to Adalia. "I think it's quite fitting, it'll crush those dreams when they find out who you really are," the therapist smiled and looked at the man in front if her and smiled.

"My report on how they act in the outside is completed for each one but I can't finish them until I've met them one on one, honestly how can I read someone when I've quite literally never seen them?" She moaned but raised her brow condescendingly. "I'm not psychic," she said and nudged Adalia. Hint Hint Honey! That'd be interesting...

"Hmph, a syringe is all you need to sedate them then you increase the scare factor, from then onwards," Regina smiled before following him, whilst she hated taking orders from someone practically on the same level, it was her job and so she'd have to suck it up.
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Isune Isune

Last edited:
Sophie LeBlanc had, once again, spent the night alone. The only courtesy her mother had afforded her was to cook dinner before her and Sophie's father had left for the night. After coming home from the grueling environment of High School, she'd gotten any and all homework done with. After that, she undressed from her school's uniform, and right into the last clean pajama outfit she had in her closet; black with a pink, abstract pattern. Getting right into a book she'd borrowed from her only school friend, she was in the corner of her bedroom for quite a while before finally heating and eating dinner. By the time she sat down to eat, it was eleven at night, her house seemed to be the only lit one on the block.

Upon returning to the third book of "A Song of Fire and Ice," Sophie eventually fell asleep in the semi-comfortable bean bag in the corner of her room. Normally, she'd just worry about remembering the last page she'd read before passing out, but her waking came much sooner than then. The opening of her bedroom door had been the first queue to her brain, with the silent grabbing of both of her arms bringing her completely awake. Her first instinct, like any other person, was to scream and kick. However, through the darkness, the two giant masses who grabbed her were obviously much stronger, and probably more experienced than she was. Sophie kept quiet after letting out the briefest of screams, and let them take her out of her home and into the van where others were being held. During this time, she had been roped up. Her glasses had dropped at some point as well, and it probably wasn't wisest to ask her kidnappers to find them for her. There were other, very blurry, people in there with her, and some looked like they had put up quite the fight.

[/IMG]
Adalia Jäger
Adalia's eyebrows had risen up in mild surprise and interest when Regina mentioned that she had her own little notebook on Adalia. She made sure to make a mental note of that for later on since she was dying to know what could possibly be in it. Once Avery had joined up with them and commented on her outfit, Adalia had stuck her tongue out at the older scientist."Awww come on Avery, how many times are we going to go through this? As long as I have the lab coat on, I'm technically up to the dress code. Besides, it's not my fault if people get distracted."

She had always enjoyed her encounters with Avery since the man spoke to her with a more casual tone as if she were annoying little sister. Getting a rise out him was a daily activity that she took pride in since the usual work environment could be stifling and boring at times. Adalia's attention went back to Regina when she her sly remark, "Oi, what do you mean it'll crush their dreams? I may be a little on the sadistic side but you'd be amazed at how many people are actually into that stuff Regina." When Avery had given out the cautionary warning and their orders, Adalia sent him a mock salute as she toyed with the whip in her hands. She expertly cracked it against the ground a few times before grinning madly at Regina, "Sometimes you have to be forceful from the get-go to instill respect and prove that you're the alpha around here. We can't just let them walk around as if they're equals."
Luckz Luckz Isune Isune

Returning from yet another doctor's appointment, Anouk Jern, world-class athlete that never managed to quite qualify for the world championship, unlocked the door to her apartment.
The key turning in the lock as the sound of her opening up her flat echoed through the empty living space, mirroring just how she had felt for the weeks since she had been diagnosed with leukemia.

At first she hadn't believed it, dreams of ever achieving her dream of competing on the world stage, to push herself to even greater accomplishments, shattered just like her will to fight. Having contemplated to just give up and accept that she would never be able to do what she loved ever again, treading a slippery slope that would hurl her into the abyss of despair if she were to give in to those awful, awful thoughts haunting her every step.

Yet gazing into the dark corridor of her home didn't help at all, a long sigh escaping the athlete's lips as she brushed a strand of pale blonde hair out of her face, her features sunken and devoid of any life, once being the canvas for that triumphant smile and that confident glimmer in her eyes.
Gritting her teeth, Anouk clenched her fist as her eyes stared holes into the gray floor.

Everything seemed gray, her skin, her hair, her eyes, the world surrounding her, devoid of any life or anything worth fighting for as the silence rang louder than any sound, threatening to make her head explode as with a scream, her fits met the concrete wall to her right, leaving her hand aching as she felt the skin of her knuckles turn white and the torn skin start to bleed.

But it made her feel something despite her inability to change her situation she would not simply lie down and give in to her despair, she'd find a way, like she always did.
Picking up her gym bags from the floor, Anouk made her way inside, looking around as if expecting her friends and family to be there, longing for their assuring words...

But nobody was there...or so she had thought as out of the shadows, someone lunged at her, making her spin around to tackle her assailant but feeling the cold bite of metal in her neck as the world went black around her, a drastic change from that mocking gray....

Once she awoke, Anouk had lost any sense of time and space, feeling her head ache as a sharp pain shot through her body, making her groan. The bag over her head making it hard for her to breathe as she moved, noticing that she had been chained to her seat.
The bag being pulled off her head, the bright light almost made her go blind, forcing her eyelids shut as she flinched, her eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness of the moving van.
Blinking slowly as she made out other shapes, all chained to their seats like herself and looking like they had just been snatched out from their lives and put into this situation.

Trying to move, Anouk still felt sore, what little strength she had left was used to keep her from collapsing on the chair as the vertigo once again set in, making the athlete grit her teeth as her piercing blue gaze wandered over her fellow prisoners. Unable to muster up the strength to speak she just let her eyes wander, wondering where the hell she was, and who was responsible for ripping her out of her already terrible life.

Valoire hadn’t been doing anything special, just laying in bed after a long day at work. She was exhausted, almost positive she wasn’t getting paid for how much she spend there. Yet just as she was about to drift off, she felt something was… off. Wrong. But she realized this too late as someone began dragging her out of bed, a hand covering her mouth with her screams silenced as she was forced out of her bedroom and through her small home, out her front door.

It took only a few moments before Valoire was strapped into the back of the van, the doors shutting roughly. Eyes wide she finally got her bearings straight as the vehicle began to move once more, the soon realizing that she wasn’t alone but one of many. What the hell was going on?

~Avery Cerek~
Avery watched as the other scientist armed herself and nearly pistol whipped her as she nearly hit the head therapist in the face with the damn thing! "Save it for the unruly." He said while shooting a glance that clearly said "I'll put a whole round into you if you act up again". Walking out of the equipment room, the blonde male turned to Regina and said,"You are to stand behind me and Adalia at all times. If things get hectic, you leave immediately. While I would of preferred you be trained in the use of equipment, I respect your decision to remain unarmed."

They would be here soon. Walking towards the may entrance/loading bay for new subjects, Avery braced himself and walked outside, concealing his weapon within his lab-coat. The van would be here momentarily with the fresh batch of experiments. In the meantime, Avery was running every single scenario through his head, every little thing being calculated. He knew where to go if things began to fall apart and the best possible angles to fire his weapon from.

For whatever reason though, Avery felt a cold thrill run throughout his entire body, making him stir somewhat. He had done this multiple times already, but every human was different. Their reactions varied vastly even if they usually fall into the "flight or fight" category that he was trained in. Chances are, at least one would try to rush him or one of the other scientists, or at the very least try and run off into the forest which would lead to almost certain death. He had to prepare for every conceivable event, these subjects would soon learn that they were in Avery's world now. Here, he would prove how far the human geno could go.

Luckz Luckz Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

~Austin Pearson~
Still somewhat lucid from quite literally being knocked out, Austin finally came to and just looked around, not even sure what to do. His brain was still scrambled and it honestly took him a moment to remember everything and realize that this all wasn't just some crazy dream he couldn't wake up from. No, this was far from it. This, was reality.

The panic actually starting to settle in now, Austin caught his second wind and immediately began yelling and thrashing about, actually knocking into a few people as he tried to get free. "
I swear to God, this isn't funny! Whoever you are, I'm gonna kick your ass!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, trying to kick out with his legs but barely succeeded in picking them up.

At this point, Austin soon ended up tiring himself out. After resting for a few moments to catch his breath and recollect his thoughts, the screaming and twisting began once again. There was no way he was just going to sit there quietly and let these people kidnap him. There had to be something that he could do in order to get free. Austin was desperate, he was willing to try anything. "
Please, I can give you whatever you want! I just want to go home, I promise I won't report this to the police or anything. Just take me home, and you know what? I'll throw in....three hundred dollars!" He pleaded, but was met with nothing more than pure silence as the van continued to drive through the now dirt road.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Vampunk Vampunk Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea Mistah Mistah littleberry littleberry Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

Regina smiled and nodded to Avery. "Of course, Sir, not a problem," she nudged Adalia playfully at the mention of crushing dreams and smirked. "Dirty child, I don't even want to know nor ask about how you'd know such a thing," the woman acted out a fake cringe and a gag behind Avery's back as the three walked. "You never cease to amaze me Adalia, come now, this'll be interesting, and please mind the whip, don't damage the subjects before examinations," Regina followed quickly and almost silently, her pen now in hand and a few post it notes from yesterday which she left in there. First point? Reactions. Next? Play nice.

The woman smirked to herself before pulling her hair out of her face, putting on a soft smile and made herself look more motherly - wasn't hard of course she had had plenty of practice. "I love this part, the adrenaline rush is quite enticing," the lady waited, pen in hand and orange stickies at the ready.

"Let the games begin," was her last remark in public to the two before doe eyes and a loving smile entered her face. Her stance switched to that of a relaxed posture and her head slightly tilted to the side. It was like an entiee transformation, a new person. Regina made sure her hair was a tad messy and disorganised like a mother before tightening her lab coat. It's always so cold on the loading bay, she just wanted her cozy warm office and hot chocolate.

Isune Isune Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

[/IMG]
Adalia Jäger
Adalia only snickered in response the slight surprise that appeared on Avery's face from the close encounter with her whip, "You know you don't have anything to worry about chief, this isn't my first rodeo with my favorite baby." She walked a few steps behind Avery has he lead their little cavalry towards the loading dock. Her attention turned towards Regina when she felt a nudge in her side and she offered the older woman a playful wink, "I'm not dirty, I'm just one hell of a good time but don't worry about the safety of our new guests. The last thing I want to do is get another earful from Mr. Stick-in-the mud over here."

Adalia stood there with her usual playful grin stretched across her face and a relaxed stance. She had no intention on putting on a façade or worrying over every little thing that could go wrong like her coworkers. It seemed pointless to tidy up her appearance so her black lab coat remained unbuttoned and slightly of shoulder, all of her piercings glistening off of the trucks' headlights, and her left hand toying with suspenders on her pants. Once the driver of truck hopped out, Adalia gave him bright smile as she silently greeted her older brother before he went around to unload the frightened test subjects, "It's finally time and nothing excites me more than the scent of fear and confusion. Go ahead and do the honors of giving them their first official welcome into hell Avery."
Luckz Luckz Isune Isune

Everything was so surreal. It was hard to comprehend that any of it could even be feasible. The problem was, it was real. It was very real, and it wasn’t just going to go away. More people entered the van but she made no attempt to speak. After all, she wasn’t sure what she’d say. If her voice would even work. Everything was tight, chest, throat, even her brain felt like there was too much to handle.

Her hand squeezed harder at her brothers, but he, too, said nothing. She watched the faces, memorizing what they were like, making connections to the people she loved. Maybe one day she’d see them again. Maybe. She tried to think of something to say. Tried to think of anything at all, really, be it conversational, pleading with her captors, even a light song to make the time pass. Still, only one thought passed through her mind. Over and over it repeated, a phrase learned in schooling, a phrase known by many. Before now it’s meaning was shallow, but she was only beginning to understand.

“Hell is empty,” her voice was quiet, not much to be easily understood, “all the devils are here...”

Nissa
tumblr_lytkl0wfyT1r3dm0ro1_500.gif

Nissa laid still as she was bumped into the side of the wall by those trying to find a way to escape. Another girl and who seemed to be their brother was just as quiet as she. That is... until she spoke. Some idiot was trying to bribe his way out. Nissa logically knew that she was most likely not going to be murdered because she was not the only one targeted. Many were. They all had a purpose. And who ever it was doing this would not have employee's that could be swayed by a measly 300 dollars.

The van stopped... dread filled her as she slowly pushed against the wall, trying to sit up. She managed it slightly, propped up by the corner of the door. Her hair was stuck to the sides of her face in sweat. Her skin covered in the grime and dirt of the van floor. Her eyes made daggers at the boy thrashing about. She did not speak a word. She did not have too. Her gaze said it all. He needed to shut up because nothing he was doing would help. Nothing could help them now... except waiting. If they waited. If they played along and... and somehow got their captures to lower their guards... maybe there was a chance of survival. Probably not... but maybe.

She focused on the door, waiting for whatever could be on the other side.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Isune Isune Vampunk Vampunk Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Mistah Mistah Leaf Fi Leaf Fi

As the van continued on its journey and he was now able to see, Rasul slyly trailed his dark coloured orbs across their small enclosure, inspecting the others among him. Much to his surprise, his company were not his gang members, but complete strangers. Even more shocking was, from first glance, the majority of people here seemed rather weak. They all couldn't have been part of a gang, right? 'Cause if he ran into any of these guys in a dark alley, their faces would have just made him laugh rather than cower in fear. Shaking his head, he went to move his hand to ruffle his hair, but found the limb tightly secured by his sides. Adding insult to injury, the guy next to him began to scream, something he would commend if they weren't as royally screwed as they were, but all respect for him went out the window at his bribe. 'Yeah, they'll go real easy on ya with that much.' He grumbled to himself internally, spitting at his own feet.

Soon, the van slowed to a halt, and the tension within their enclosure was as thick as a dense forest. Dread began to knot his stomach, and it didn't improve as the idiot beside him seemed to only thrash further. Quickly, his tolerance began to wear out, and he sent the other a sharp jab to his ribs with his elbow. "Quit it, would ya?!" He hissed quietly, his gaze as sharp as a knife. "Save your strength for a goddamn minute until they grab you. When they get us out of this, that's when you fight." Rasul mumbled softly as he wriggled a bit to try and get more comfortable. Considering the length of the trip, it was almost positive that they were out in the middle of nowhere. Still... That meant that if they were able to escape, they'd have plenty of places to hide. If there weren't gunmen outside, then perhaps they could try and make a run for it... Quietly, he began to discuss a plan with himself for a moment before nodding firmly, his confidence rising. He could do this.

"Y'know... If they don't have guns, I say we could all make a break for it. That is, if people are willing to accept they may be captured." Rasul suggested under his breath to the others, listening out at the footsteps outside the van. So far, we could only hear the two from the driver and passenger, so it was hard for him to imagine them trying to listen in. "If we all start to run in different directions, then they shouldn't be able to grab us all. Not saying it will work, but it's worth a try." He raised a brow, strangely calm.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Isune Isune Mistah Mistah littleberry littleberry StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Simon could feel the pressure and the emotion his fellow prisoners were experiencing just from the silence that had surrounded them. The only thing that could truly be heard was the sound of the motor coming from the vehicle itself. It was somewhat soothing, but somewhat terrifying as well. It wasn't until one of the prisoners began to scream and panic even began to attempt to bribe the men that had captured them. Simon watched as the man fell into a despair that he had rarely ever seen people fall into. The constant terror reminded him of one of his little brothers where he would often stay up late past his bedtime to watch scary movies and then freak out in the middle of the night begging for someone to come helping him. Simon would often find himself being the one to go comfort him even though he was irritated at being woken up to the sound of screaming. He would often tell his brother that the one thing monsters like is the fear that the victim shows, and that nothing is ever more satisfying then the fresh sound of terrified screaming. While is brother took the advice to heart it still wouldn't stop him from forcing Simon to spend the night in his room so that he would protect him from the so called "monsters".

The memory of and feelings that started to rotate through his mind actually brought a small chuckle to Simon's lips which probably made him seem a little crazy giving the position they were in.Simon would then begin to nudge the mysterious man with his foot as a way to gain his attention. "Don't let the monsters see the fear in your eyes and voice" Simon said with complete sincerity in his voice. "Terror is simply a game for them. One you must play against to show them that you aren't afraid and that you are stronger then them" Simon continued even shooting the strange man a warm smile. Simon wasn't necessarily brotherly to just anybody especially with people he just meets. However, the conditions now were in fact quiet complicated to the point that Simon just couldn't help himself. Simon knew these mysterious people weren't out fro blood as they would have been killed off a long time ago. There was something else behind their motive, and that something was what truly terrified Simon the most. Whether he wanted to believe it or not Simon was stuck with a possibility of never escaping and these new people were probably going to be the only thing he was going to see for a long time.

Simon eventually heard talk of an attempt to escape from the others, but he knew it was pointless. During his capture he saw that whoever these men were they were indeed packing firearms and that they surely would open fire if they attempted to escape. Simon shook his head as he new the plan would end in failure if they tried anything. This little operation they had going on was way too well equipped and set up just to be tricked by a couple of runaways. "Save your energy" Simon mumbled to the unknown stranger. "They're packing pistols and possibly other firearms as well. I ended up getting a glance before I was captured. If we're going to escape it needs to be when they least expect it not when they're most expecting it" Simon said trying to prevent anyone from actually dying tonight. In truth while he spoke of escape Simon was slowly accepting more and more of what was to come. Memories of his times spent with his fiance and friends began to replay in his head like a broken record.Those memorable and great times were what kept Simon going and as long as he had his memories maybe then he could remain sane.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Isune Isune littleberry littleberry StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Leaf Fi Leaf Fi

Sophie had long since fallen into one of the corners of the van and was simply watching the others' actions. One of them was thrashing about, pleading for his life, which she'd found particularly disturbing. Wouldn't that be something you try before being driven out to the middle of nowhere? Someone else had mumbled something, something about devils she didn't quite hear. Another mentioned escape if every "passenger" ran in a different direction. That's not something I'd try since I'm not exactly athletic... Of course, someone else objected the idea as well and vocalized it. Firearms were mentioned, which was the first time during the ride that her heart skipped a single beat. What if they take a good look at me and realize I'm no good for whatever they're planning? No... They wouldn't just have grabbed her like this without knowing at least what she looks like, or what she's able to do... Which isn't much, admittedly. After having lost her glasses earlier in the night, Sophie couldn't quite make out what anyone looked like. Not that it was important... just would be nice to see if there was any kind of connection between the people here.

For once, Sophie's mind went quiet, and she realized how cold her bare feet were, sitting against the metal of the van, it became the primary focus in her mind, and instinctively began to shiver. Of course... Why wouldn't I have socks on? Or some sort of slippers at least... No, how could I possibly have known I'd end up in a cold van in the middle of the night?

Jack, the boy sitting behind her, had been silent the entire time. He was more shocked into silence than anything. In fact, all their life she had been the one to fight, he had been more... strategic, picking only the battles he wished. Still, she waited, thinking of what to say. Eyes closed, nose scrunched she forced herself to at least note what the situation was like. A bunch of people, crowded in the back of a van, driving to God knows where, thinking about how to escape.

Maybe the escape wasn't a great plan, but getting to know why they were taken could only help. At least, that's what she told herself. If any of them were to understand anything, they needed to know what they had in common, and she was going to attempt to find out. Scanning the back of the van, she looked at each face. Appearance was clearly not it, nor was it gender. Height, weight, really anything physical had nothing to do with it, and she knew she'd have to ask more than anything. She was timid, but she opened her mouth and said the words before she could hesitate.

"This is Jack, and I'm Olive. We're nineteen. If we want to know why we're here, we're going to have to understand why they want us..." She realized blurting out was a stupid idea, but she hoped others would understand her idea and go with it, otherwise she was nothing more than a jack-arse tied up in the back of a van with a bunch of other jack-arses. She was scared, nervous, but at this point, knowing why could be the defining factor between life and death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back