• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Mythical Creature World

The Viral hounds twitched their long noses, their bodies were covered with red fur and black stripes - they were clearly mixed DNA of several animals, Hyena, wolf, and probably several others. They immediately recognized Mai from old memories, giving low and excited growls. The patrol group came near and the young purple haired scientist immediately held up her I.D and gold field badge with her hands up in the air "Hello hello! " she called with a calm smile "I found some lost wanders that came into a skirmish with a dangerous myth, I'm just taking them back to my lab to check for injuries in the infirmary. " the guards stared gruffly, gesturing and whispering as they nodded remembering hearing an alert from the scientist earlier. Though, there was great suspicion, one pointed their gun at the grinning man Kale. @AzelFang @Skylar Black @WolfOfProphecys

Skylar tensed and fought her instincts which screamed at her to grab her dagger and finish the guards and dog hybrids. She twitched her fingers a littl, ready to attack at even the slightest sign their cover was blown. She kept her head down and look up at them occasionally through her bangs that fell in front of her face. She had a very bad feeling about this and stayed close to Tony.

Kale eyed the gun, pointing at It and "Curiously" questioned It at Mai, acting In wonder at why It was aimed at him, though his grin grew deeper, and the dots of his eyes burned with a fierce.. Emotion, he looked at the man with a strange look.. Though when he spoke, what came out was the voice of a child, raspy, and quiet, faint, almost to the point of mute, weak and scared.. Kale's eyes changed colours, from the sickly wretched blood red to a strange light blue, as Kale grasped onto the hem of Mai's shirt sleeve, he hid behind her slightly while looking at the men.. Onee-san! This man Is scaring me!! He said quietly, appeared to be scared of the man who aimed his gun at him.

@Nekoni

Last edited by a moderator:
With a swift motion the guard recoiled a bit, pulling back his gun as he heard the innocence in Kale's voice. The other soldiers inspected the group and patted down the individuals, pausing at Skylar as they felt the helm of her dagger and pulled it out. "Weapons will not be allowed at the entry gate." They snatched any pocketed weapons not concealed in backpacks or purses, the lead frowned and tilted his helmet at Mai "I apologize ma'am. We will take our leave." The patrol group whistled and called the hounds back as they sniffed each of the individuals- one about to bite down on Tony's coat before trotting off. The young scientist scuffed Kale's hair as they carried on through the path to the Capitol, occasionally seeing watching Viral hounds in the shadows. "Big sister? " Mai asked Kale quietly, looking down at him. @AzelFang @Skylar Black @WolfOfProphecys

Tony's teeth were clenched tightly together as the hound approached him, and held in a violent snarl. He couldn't help that he himself was part canine, a wolf, and thus hated threats, especially ones that were also canine in origin. But when the hound was called off, the myth relaxed slightly. No weapons had been found on him, seeing as he preferred to use his teeth and claws to attack, in his wolf form.

Skylar frowned as they walked. She followed Mai and frowned. "That was my favorite dagger." She mumbled under her breath, annoyed. She eyed the guards carefully and pulled her good up. She was now an escaped experiment just like Tony. She couldn't remember if they'd ever experimented on her or not. That would explain the scars on her. She shuddered slightly and kept walking, hoping one of the guards didn't get wise all of a sudden.

It's a good excuse as any, what else was I spose'd yo say? He asked quietly, lettin go of Mai's sleeve and reverting back to his normal voice.. He sighed, scratching his head, his eyes went back to that putrid red, and his grin appeared before he spoke up once more. So how much farther do we need to travel to get Into the outer city? He asked quietly, watching for anything.

@Nekoni

Mai looked carefully at the group, "It won't be a perfect replacement but I'll allow you to take one of the daggers from the milita storage unit as apology for not warning you to hide your weapons." She stated with a reassuring smile, if she'd known Skylar and Tony was coming along she probably would have locked them in the farmers barn alongside Angelus. It didn't seem appropriate to show a myth a lab where creatures like herself were taken apart and experimented on. The young scientist turned head to Tony, the shadows Viral hounds continued follow them in the dark- seeming quite curious of the canine myth. "No amount of scent can hide your true nature. I suggest you be very careful..." Mai muttered to the myth, hearing Kale's voice return to normal. "It was witty...it even caught me off guard for a moment...but what is the situation with your eyes? Is it rage? The emotion is so strong even I can sense it..." Her hand reached to her journal as she spoke to him, flipping for a new page to write on. "Hmm...oh! The Capitol gates? Er....um...it...should be around here..." Her bright green eyes looked around a bit lost "It's really large...heavily guarded...maybe a few hundred meters away..."@AzelFang @Skylar Black @WolfOfProphecys

It's pain, not rage. The rage I can hold, It's not as powerful an emotion as you might think.. I don't remember why It tends to appear In situations like these, I don feel any pain, and yet It's still there, maybe It's the feeling that they will decline a peaceful deal... He said quietly, looking behind them as they walked along, the hilt of his sword seemed to peak out of the bag, though that probably was not the case.

@Nekoni

Mai looked at the hilt peeking out, her green eyes grew wide and excited- but she quickly shook her head, doing her best to resist the urge to pull it out of the bag. With a careful finger she pushed the sword back into the shadows of his bag. "Your....weapon..." the young scientist muttered "It's hypnotizing, I have to ask....what is the story to it? I would happily play with it and observe it if we weren't in this situation." she said as the gate soon came into view in the darkness. @AzelFang

It's the same as me, the same curse, notice how all Ancients have a sorta curse on themselves? Damien was The Warmonger, his sword n armour was suited perfectly for him and his curse, although after awhile he ripped his armour off n rid the worlds of It.. I was called The Void Thirster, you prolly don recognize the name, which Is good, but to say the least, wars were something that Damien created, and what I ended. Although I don have my armour, when my sword forms, my armour will appear, It's strange when you worry bout these things.. He said quietly, watching the gate appear from the darkness.. @Nekoni

Tony silently nodded to Mai as she spoke. It was harder than it looked to keep himself from attacking the hounds, his wolf-like instincts warning him of the danger to his mate and friends, and trying to make him get rid of said threat. But he kept his cool as well as he could, and instead followed the others obediently, glancing around in a wary manner, doing his best to not be noticed by anyone

Skylar saw Tony looking a little nervous and tense. She smiled softly at him and took his hand gently. She knew he disliked the idea of not being able to attack a threat, it being in his wolf nature. She smiled and gently rubbed circles on his hand with her thumb. She smiled at him warmly and continued walking.

Tony looked at her as she took his hand, his eyes showing slight surprise, as the jumpy boy realised it was only her, not anyone else. He relaxed slightly then, curling his fingers gently around his partners, allowing the contact between them to anchor him to what he had to do, and used it to push his wolf-like nature down.

"A curse? I suppose it's quite helpful in an unexpected battle. Automatic armor. But being it called a curse it doesn't sound too pleasant..." Mai tensed up as her bright green eyes spotted the surroundings of the Capitol gate - something wasn't right. There were too many guards by the gate of the Capitol, there should be two or three at most but there must have been at least twelve watching the group arrive. Dents covered the large metal doors as if something attacked it furiously, and the people watched them carefully, guns already drawn.

Mai held up her badge and ID as they arrived even though the guards had already recognized her, as an upper ranking scientist she had no need to explain her guests.

Guard 1: "There had been a series of attacks from the forest lately, and we request that everyone who passes through the gate must be thoroughly checked- coats, pants, backpacks, . For any suspicious materials."

They gestured for everyone to pass through the gate.

@Skylar Black @AzelFang @WolfOfProphecys

When one of the guards gestured to Kale, his smile turned vile, and his eyes seemed like that of a crazy person, he gripped the straps on his luggage pack, and his face was pointed down towards the ground, and In a single moment, It seemed as If he was speaking something.. Though, had nobody crouched down they wouldn't have seen It.. If only..

Guard 9: Knelt down to look at the child. What's wrong little bo-? He stopped short, one hand on Kale's shoulder, eyes on Kale's, a horrified expression on his face, he blinked, staggering up, he fell down once again, before Kale, with an Innocent smile, and bright blue eyes helped him up, the man shook, pointing behind the group at the darkness In the from the forest that was not there before, and screamed out.. M-m-m-m-m... MONSTER!! RUN!!! He screamed out with horror, and rushed to the gate, unlocking It and rushing Inside to get away from the.. Invisible beast..

Onee-san!! I'm scared!! I don wanna be here anymore!! Kale wailed, to the point of tears, his child-like voice shook with fear, and his body trembled as he clutched onto Mai..

@Nekoni

The guards backed up against the gate, standing in trained stances with their guns pointed into the forest. Mai stared down at Kale as she hugged him close- pulling his head into her chest "Ahn! So cute! I've never heard of something so innocent before! What a cute boy! " she squealed hugging him tight, her green eyes glanced back at the forest "...hm. ..as for the ones posted out here 6 or more years of training are required for gate duties- he had certainly seen something truly terrifying." the young scientist smiled and shrugged, forgetting she was still holding Kale's head into her bossom.

The soldiers split in half to protect the gate and the other to explore the location where the man had stared, hurriedly letting all the guests pass quickly into the gates.

Gate Captain: "Miss, for your protection please enter into the Capitol as quickly as possible..." In the forest behind the multiple shots are heard.

@AzelFang

As the group was rushed Into the Capitol, Kale struggled In Mai's arms, before taking a bite to escape.. After a few minutes he gasped for air and sat on the ground.. Sighing he looked up at a mysterious man who stood above them, he was a tall man, armed to the teeth with blades, guns and even strange runic armour..

Beast Master: Miss Mai, It's been far to long since I've last seen you, might you have anymore experiments for me to tame and take Into battle, or are you Just here for a visit? The large man asked with a booming voice, laughing as he did so, his eyes were alight when he spoke, he seemed to know the Scientist well within the human military.

Kale looked at him and covered his ears, squinting and squeaked quietly, his bright blue eyes shining In the light of day, although soon after, thunder boomed across the sky, sending shivers down Kale's spine, making him shake.. Lightning sparking to life In the sky, sent Kale back to Mai, holding onto her to keep from.. Something.. Although he bit her, the, what seemed like a child held onto her with much fear.. He turned his head to look at the man who stood In front of them and spoke up.. Are you a friend of Onee-san? He said with a squeak, half hiding In Mai's clothes from the man In front of them..

@Nekoni

"Yes it has my good sir! " Mai grinned happily at the Beast Master, looking up at the man as she patted Kale. "Sadly I'm here for only a visit..but when I return to my lab in the central hub I may have an experiment that needs to broken...quite rowdy, it ate 3 young myths and several of it's own kind. I would love to see it grow to study it a little more...but it may try to eat me again. " the scientist unbuttoned her shirt to show him a large bite wound wrapped around her chest, skin bitten off cleanly. "The bites seem to hinder the healing process. It would a nice addition to your collection."

She closed her shirt and rocked on her heels, introducing the man to Kale and vice versa. "This is the man,the Beast Master, that trains the creatures I create, quite stunning actually. It seems that he can bend any living being to his will. And sir...this is...my young brother. Kale. Timid. And shy. I'm just taking these people to the infirmary" Mai pinched Kale's cheek playfully.

@AzelFang

Skylar tensed when Mai talked about the Beast Master. She wanted to stay as far from him as possible. Bend any living being to his will? Does that NOT sound like a psychopath who could create an army? Honestly, humans are stupid. And, she hate to say it, but Mai was very naive and foolish. Skylar tried very hard not to glare at the man or Mai. Make had literally lead them to their doom!

Beast Master: I never knew you had a family, I thought they had all died, or was this one of the ones that had gone missing? The man asked, kneeling down to scruffle the child's hair, smiling at the strange boy, watching him carefully, he had never even heard of this boy being In Mai's family, even when he researched Into her past.. Say, I've noticed the.. Anticipation from the group.. Has something occurred outside that I need to be aware of? He asked with a strange voice, as he stood up to overlook the gate..

Fang looked over at the man, growling quietly as he messed with his hair, he glued himself tighter to Mai, and watched the man, wondering If he would get In the way If things went for the worst..

Mai paused, staring into this man's eyes as her expression turned suddenly serious. He was much sharper than she had expected. This is bad. "I apologize...but we must go. I am unsure if the myth attacked us had any venom, so time is of the essence. " quickly the scientist waved and hurried the group forward and away from the man. She looked down and held Kale close, "We'll go through this passage way...it heads straight to the central hub..." Mai's eyes turned sharply towards Skylar who seemed stressed during that moment "....hm? Is something the matter? " she said with a playful voice- although her eyes remained piercing. @AzelFang @Skylar Black

Tony followed Mai obediently as she moved them forward, watching the Beast Master with a cautious, worried expression, that he couldn't hide. It was enough to try and hide his wolf-like instincts, and to try and hide his limp in case it earned attention, but to hide his facial expressions at the same time was difficult. Beneath his coat his wings twitched, slightly panicked by the man.

Kale watched the man disappear behind the gate, and waited for the others to catch up as they walked through the alleyway heading to the central hub, looking around for the bit, he stopped and ambled away from Mai, before stopping at a horse, who got up to greet him.. Whatcha doin over here ya stupid beast.. How did you even get here!? The child growled at the horse who lowered Its head to rub against his chest, he pet the horse as he continued to growl at It.. It seems that among all of them, Rak was the only one to be able to get to the Capitol before them.. How, nobody could tell..

@Nekoni

Mai stopped in the path, looking back as she saw the beast. She turned around immediately to take a closer look "A horse? I'm surprised that the viral hounds didn't eat it. " She noticed a pair of eyes glinting in the darkness, darting off quickly on swift paws. "Eh? Are we taking it with us??" @AzelFang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back