• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] A Mother's Advise

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

What to expect out of character:
Daily posting pace where possible, 2 rounds a week (Wednesdays and weekends) if not. Likely meeting somewhere in the middle. Focus will be on creative usage of the set-up narration and interaction with the NPC, Rosalia. RP isn't supposed to last longer than a month at most.

What to expect in character:
Amanda Steelhaven finds herself asked to come along with Rosalia, in a tone that doesn't suggest refusal to be an option.

Barony NPC 1x1 RP's
There are a lot of people (NPC's) in the barony by now. That is not a coincidence. I've been trying to establish a lot of NPC's, not just to flesh out the area and add some flavour, but also to offer the following option: 1x1 RP's with the barony NPC's.

These are intended to be:
1 – Relative short. (Up to two months at most, more likely between 2 weeks and a month).
2 – Easy to jump into. Find an NPC you want to interact with or a goal to achieve that could fit into the Caelia Barony and you'll be hooked up.
3 – Light-hearted. They won't have too much deep lore/plot. Just a PC, an NPC and a common goal to achieve (examples; defeat wolf, craft sword, chat about the weather, learn how to poor tea).

What you stand to gain:
1 – An RP tailored to your liking with flexible pacing (daily at its fastest so long as both sides are able to keep it up, with potential moments of back-to-back posting, weekly at its slowest).
2 – A direct way to achieve a specific goal, such as: Forge a sword. Gain F-rank Adventurer's Guild connection. Learn Etiquette. Spent some time gossiping.
3 – A narrator willing to help you come up with ideas. I like brainstorming if you want to try out something, but don't have something specific yet.

What I stand to gain:
1 – More RP options outside of my own characters.
2 – Fleshing out the barony and its NPC's even more.
3 – Hopefully giving people some short, yet fun RP's.
4 – A few extra points from running a lot of RP's, which I'll likely reinvest in barony assets/companions through my character (baroness) Regula Caelia.

Limits:
1 - There's only so much I can do alone. If too many people show interest, I'll have to create a waiting list or find others to join in on this idea (preferably with NPC's of their own, to ensure NPC's stay somewhat consistent in their behaviour).
2 – Grand goals, deep lore, posting paces longer than weekly or desires for very long-lasting RP's likely won't fit this format.
3 – I'm planning to offer some level quality, but this is also very much a quantity thing. If I somehow offer a life-changing RP that'd be great, but that'd not be the goal with these. The goal is some good and simple fun.

Rosalia's Room
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Rosalia's Room.
public
From: prompthunt: interior illustration, a medieval fantasy lodging room, bed, window, washbasin, mirror
Time: 19:00
Mentions: Amanda Uasal Uasal

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

It was early in the evening when Rosalia spotted Amanda going around the barony, doing whomever knows what. Whatever it was that she'd been doing, however, it would have to wait, as Rosalia had called her. “Amanda, be a dear and join me for a bit.” Her tone had managed to strike that typical nice motherly vibe that still suggested this wasn't a question and that trying to say 'no' was not an option one should ever consider.

She'd lead Amanda directly to her own room in the keep, for the sole reason that it was one of the few rooms in decent-ish condition. Even so, it was still a very humble room, especially for the mother of a baroness. Perhaps that'd be fixed eventually, but eventually wasn't right now. She gestured towards the single chair in the room. “Please, take a seat.” She'd say, before putting a kettle of water up on the small fireplace in the room. After she ensured the fire would slowly start to get it boiling, she took place upon the bed. “Now, why don't you tell me what you've been up too lately?” She'd ask, a hint of genuine curiosity and perhaps a tad bit concern (through insight C) audible in her voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1691780756719.jpeg
Human, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer
Amanda had been quite busy since her return to Stonewall what with all the paperwork she had to catch up with and the walls inspections. That being said, despite her busy schedule, when Rosalia called out to her, Amanda knew well everything would need to be put on pause. Rosalia was a quiet and calm lady in Amanda's eyes but something about her subtle smile and tone of voice, it had but every hair on her body standing. Ignoring her request for an audience would not end well, that was without a doubt whether Rosalia was the Baroness's mother or not.

That and, quite frankly, Aria also perceived Rosalia as a mother figure. If Amanda was serious about pursuing a relationship with the woman she would have to be on her best behaviour around Rosalia. It was only right and proper.

Informing those present she'd be stepping away for an important meeting, Amanda quickly and silently followed behind Rosalia. Though hesitant to enter the woman's bed-chamber, reluctantly she did so but remained standing by the door so as to not overstep her position. A plan that had been going quite swimmingly up until Rosalia insisted Amanda take a seat! This woman! She was terrifying!

Doing as she was told, Amanda took the seat as instructed but almost immediately came to regret her decision when a sudden ambush attack was launched. Terrifying, nay, demonic! Rosalia was in a league of her own!

With a subtle sweat starting to brake upon her forehead and with her hands very obviously fidgeting Amanda began to hum to herself not quite sure how to respond to the question posed. She had been up to a lot recently but just what exactly did Rosalia know? What a tricky question, one wrong step and she could end up in more trouble than she already assumed she was in! Devilish indeed! Right now Amanda was her own executioner! The horror!

Looking around the room Amanda tried her best to come up with an excuse to leave but after a few moments, she gave in. There was only one choice, name the most heinous of her actions first and hope it was what Rosaria was referring to. "If this is about the war plans I drew up for the annexation of the Eastern Empires borderlands, I do apologize but they were just for the baroness' perusal. I suspect the mountainous and hilly area is ripe with raw materials that could benefit the barony... But it was just an idea! I wasn't going to act on it without the Baroness' sign-off or anything!"

Rosalia's Room
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Rosalia's Room.
public
From: prompthunt: interior illustration, a medieval fantasy lodging room, bed, window, washbasin, mirror

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

She liked to think she was 'in the know' about things, but she was a little shocked (insight C again) when she heard Amanda mention the war plans first and foremost. She recovered rapidly though. “That's alright dear, I'm both too old and too unknowing to deal with politics. All I know is that starting a war would be a rather bad idea and that our entire country only exists by the grace of the three countries surrounding us, including the East Empire.” She mentioned, which was about the extend to which she wished to discuss this particular topic. After all, she'd rather not sour her relation with her own daughter by interfering with possible plans like this.

“No dear, what I'm more curious about is what you've been up too outside of work. You seem slightly less overworked, which is a good sign. Although you could still do with a bit more time off. I know there's lots to be done, but none of it will be done if we'll have you falling down from exhaustion!” She spoke, somewhat sternly. That said, there was one topic in particular she was interested about. “Now, dear, I do ever recall recommending you a certain outfit for a certain event. It'd only be fair for you to tell me about the aftermath of that, wouldn't it?” She'd say, a bit of a devious glimmer in her eyes.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1691783825546.jpeg
Human, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer

Amanda nodded in agreement with Rosalia's take on the war, she'd expect no less from the woman who raised the Baroness. "You're right, a sustained war against the east would be detrimental to Ryke in it's current form. However, my plans take that into consideration. I call it 'Catch and Release'. First, we bait the empire into attacking the baroness near the border, utilizing the East's disdain for her. Then we capture a large swath of land and release all but the part we actually want for free. Painting ourselves as a forgiving country that understands accidents happen. Meanwhile making off with the untapped land the east won't mine due to monster infestation." Coughing softly Amanda concluded "Ahem. My apologies, we shall speak no more of this. And of course, I trust this conversation will remain confidential in nature.".

Amanda was relieved to find that the prospect of going to war was not why she had been called upon by Rosalia but her relief was soon replaced by dread when Rosalia mentioned the dress she had procured Amanda for the 'Partry of Greed'. Tilting her head to the side with an awkward chuckle, Amanda smiled softly "Ah yes. The party... what an exciting night indeed."

Straightening her posture Amanda continued, gripping the arms of her chair tightly as she remembered the dreadful night and its happenings "Firstly, let me start by thanking you once again. I came to you on such short notice but you delivered me such a marvelous dress. I still find it hard to believe you made it from my old outfit, you truly are quite skilled. I'm very happy with the replacement clothing you made me as well, it fits very well and is much higher quality than those clothes I first arrived in. Even if they look the same. It's like magic."

Looking to the kettle and fireplace Amanda grimaced momentarily before continuing "Well, at first the party proceeded quite well. I met with the count of our lands and we had quite a nice conversation. We spoke of the baroness, the barony, upcoming projects, and aspirations. Alas, you've likely heard how the rest of the night went no doubt. The fire that broke loose and the subsequent death of those cooks consumed within."

"When the fire broke out both I and the duke began evacuating guests from the hall. I made for the kitchen in an attempt to slow the spread of the fire, but my lack of knowledge in the arcane left me powerless to stop the malfunctioning device causing the blaze. Pathetic really but reality is a cruel mistress."

"Anyway, I ordered two of the cooks to remove the powdered goods from the store in an attempt to avoid an explosion. I asked the guards to aid them but... they never made it out. The guards evacuated me and when I turned to gaze back at the door. They were... claimed by the very explosion I hoped to stop. One might even say it was I who killed them."

looking deep into the flames of the open fire Amanda's eyes portrayed a great sadness yet no tears came to answer her call. "I think about that quite a lot actually. They must have had families. Loved ones. I tried to save them but in the end I only sealed their fate."

"After the fire calmed down I was offered a stint in the adventurers guild up in Osun. The Count himself was the one who offered it to me, claiming I had much to learn, he wasn't wrong. He hoped it would teach me better crisis management skills. That's where I've been for the last week. It was quite the experience, I learned quite a lot. But I need to learn more. I need to be better. If I'm to protect Aria, my family and all those I hold dear... I need to be better, nay, the best..."

Rosalia's Room
public

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

A fair bit of Amanda's plotting was far beyond Rosalia's expertise, giving her no right to comment on it. However, there was one part that she could hardly ignore. “I'm not sure how much I like the fact you're suggesting to use my daughter as bait against an entire empire. She might manage to look strong most of the time, but even she's just a girl at the end of the day.” Well, perhaps not entirely, with her having turned into a Valkyrie and all that, but it was difficult for her to see her own daughter used as bait regardless.

Still, that story was quickly exchanged for Amanda's retelling of events, she'd feared a day like this would come. She'd just expected one of her own daughters to come to her with such a story. Being a Baroness and a Marshall had a high chance of such an unfortunate event happening, after all. It's why she'd been prepared for this situation. Especially after what happened to them in the See. Hearing this type of story from an Advisor was not too different, in that regard. She'd patiently wait for Amanda to finish her entire story.

In the end, she wasn't entirely sure how best to reply, so she decided to rely on her mother's instinct. “Stand up for a bit, will you dear?” She'd ask Amanda. When/if the latter would do so, she'd pull her in for a gentle hug. “I can't say I know what its like to have to deal with such a situation, nor that I have all the answers. However, someone once told me this. If you were them. If you'd been asked to go grab those powdered goods and died while trying, would you blame the person who asked you to do so? In the end, they agreed to do so, so they realised the reason within those actions. I don't think it's fair to say you sealed their fate, as nobody can predict the future. All you did was give them the advise that was most logical at the time, something they complied with.”

That said, there was another side to the story. “In the case of family, I must admit it's likely to be different. When losing a loved one, people will always look for a reason to their loss. A simple fire might not feel like its enough for them to justify the overwhelming loss they feel, so they are likely to want to blame someone, which might even be you. It wouldn't be fair or just to blame it all on you, but for them, it might be one of the few things that gives them a way to deal with their loss. The best you can do, in such cases, is to accept what happened and show, through your actions, that you are more than the person they might make you out to be.”

Even so, there was one thing she'd probably need to make clear. “However, this burden isn't yours alone to carry.” She smiled. “I've grown to love this barony and all the people in it, so in my own way, I want to see it protected just as much as you do. The same goes for Regula, Aria, the guards and many of the other people here. Even if you alone are the best, you'd still only be in one place at one time, but if we all manage to be better, I'm sure we'll keep each-other safe.”

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1692111491250.jpeg

Amanda's eyes widened when Rosalia embraced her. Though Amanda was no stranger to a mother's embrace, she was not expecting Aria's 'mother' to suddenly reach out in such a way. Her words were kind, soothing and had Amanda not gotten to sleep on the cart ride home she likely wouldn't have had the mental fortitude to hold back the urge to cry. Standing within the embrace but one thing came to Amanda's mind, Rosalia was definitely Regula's mother and it was very apparent in how similar the two were.

Pulling away from the Embrace Amanda would smile softly and nod in agreement. With everything laid bare, she felt a little more at ease with how the events of the party had transpired and felt she had gained some valuable insight into how she should handle any interactions with those who came to scorn her for what had happened. Not only that but she felt she had found a comrade in arms. After all, Aria was just as important to Rosalia as she was to Amanda. Well, perhaps more so given the time the two had spent together but Amanda wasn't going to admit that to herself. Aria was her special person! She couldn't be defeated already!

"Thank you. I appreciate it. You're really good at talking to people. I admire it a lot, I'm quite lacking in that department. Oh, and there's something else I should tell you."

After a long pause and a deep blush, Amanda built up the courage to say aloud "I... I'm dating Aria. I hope you'll approve of our relationship! It just kind of happened, I'm sorry for not asking you first! But I'm doing so now! Oh and as the lady of the house, you should also know a maid will be joining the staff, my personal maid. It's a long story but I assure you she's a very... em... well she's a maid and... oh! She has a strong personality!" Nodding to herself, quite pleased to have found a nice way to frame her childhood friend Amanda continued "She was supposed to meet me after my inspection of the wall so if you see her around and you need some aid please don't be afraid to put her to work!"

RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario

Rosalia's Room
public
Time: 19:10

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

She smiled off the compliments in her direction with a gentle smile. However, her curiosity was peaked when Amanda told her she had another confession to make. She couldn't suppress a light chuckle when she heard what it was about. “I'll admit I had my suspicions already, the walls have ears, after all.” Or rather, the Keg was a hotspot for rumours to spread.

Then she turned a bit more serious. Some might not approve of the type of relation those two had, others might try to misuse it. Aria's father in particular was likely going to be a problem. She didn't like to let it show, but she worried about it from time to time. Even so. “You're clever and I trust you'll be good to her, so you have my blessing.” Yes, if anyone could be the one to help Aria out of her problems a bit, it might just be a girl like this. Besides... “... and if you aren't good to her, you'll have both my daughter and me to account to~” She added, with a slightly ominous smile.

The next topic did manage to take her a bit off guard. “A maid with a strong personality?” That was slightly worrying, wasn't it? Then again... “I'll let you in on something. I've been trying to get Regula to hire some staff for a while now. Even if we can't afford to fix the keep just yet, we don't have to try keep it liveable all by ourselves, right? She's a baroness and she's still cleaning her own room! Humble as she might like to stay, I'm worrying that it's going to lead to some gossiping. Perhaps seeing your maid might finally have her reconsider hiring staff like that, so if you don't mind doing me a little favour, be sure to show her off a bit.” She nodded. That'd be the perfect little ploy.

~Amanda Steelhaven~ & ~Gloria Ironclaw~

1692284927613.jpeg1692285026125.jpeg

Amanda felt a chill run down her spine when Rosalia noted Amanda would be held accountable for any hurt she may cause Aria, though it quickly passed soon after. Amanda wasn't in the business of braking hearts and she was confident that no matter what happened in the future she would always do her best to both protect and ensure the happiness of her partner. That being said it didn't hurt to be reminded that should she fail to do so, there would be hell to pay. That and it was very much a relief to find Rosalia approved of the two dating one another.

With the conversation shifting to Regula and her unwillingness to hire additional staff, Amanda nodded along in agreement with what had been said. A baroness had a certain level of prestige that was to be expected of them. Cleaning up their own room and living within a crumbling keep was not exactly the most prestigious of images. It would likely cause trouble in the future if any other nobles or their aids planned to visit. Rosalia was right. Perhaps it was time to begin the reconstruction of the keep. "I'll be sure to do so. And feel free to ask for her aid whenever you need it. Though she's a bit... Rough around the edges... You'll find she can be quite a hard worker."

Hearing a knock on the door and her own name being called, Amanda moved to answer it with a soft sigh. There was never any room for rest around here. At least not for long. "It seems I'm needed once again. Please inform Regula that the keep and it's restoration should now take priority. Convince her to gather the materials for it as soon as possible. If you can do that, I'll have this place looking brand new in no time and we can start working more on her reputation and appearance in those upper circles."

Opening the door Amanda was greeted by none other than the very maid she had mentioned, Gloria. The young maid's brows furrowed and lips downturned into a displeased scowl. Dressed in a crisp, black and white uniform, her posture remained rigid, arms crossed over her chest. Despite the neatness of her appearance, the scowl on her face betrayed her annoyance or frustration. Perhaps there was an unattended task or a challenging situation that had soured her expression, giving her an air of discontent as she observed the scene before her. Not that Rosalia would have to wait long to find out.

"Amanda, you were supposed to meet me at the gate. Ten minutes ago. T-E-N. I travel all this way at your mother's request and you're here slacking off with some old biddy? I haven't seen you in years and this is how you greet me? Blowing me off?"

Attempting to push the maid back out of the door frame but failing spectacularly given her lack of strength Amanda balled her fists and puffed up her chest before stomping a foot upon the hardwood floor. "Gloria! That's the Lady of the Keep! Baroness Caelia's Mother! Are you trying to get yourself arrested? Apologise quickly!"

Pointing to Rosalia, Gloria shook her head "This old cat? You've got to be kidding me. why have you shoved the Lady of the Keep into a broom closet?"

Crossing her own arms, Amand turned up her nose and pouted "This is no broom closet and for your information, it's one of the best rooms available right now"

"Your mother said you'd likely gotten yourself caught up in some trouble but to think it's this bad huh... Well, first things first, gimme the thing we spoke about."

"First things... ugh! How did you even graduate as a maid? First things first apologize! Then I'll consider giving you the item we spoke about."

"Fine fine. Lady of this fine and glorious keep... Madam... eh..."

"Rosalia"

"Madam Rosalia. You have my apologies. Nobody of your station should be forced into a broom closet. I'll give Amanda a stern talking to, do not worry."

"ME! UGH!"

Turning to Rosalia with embarrassment clear on her features, Amanda spoke sheepishly "Rosalia, I'm very sorry. I'll be taking my leave before Gloria can cause any more offense. I'll be around the old armory tinkering on something if you need me. And thank you, sincerely for this talk. It has done me a world of good."

Taking her leave Amanda squeezed past Gloria and took off down the hall with numerous stomping steps. Gloria followed suit soon after but first politely curtsied t Rosalia "Do excuse me. It seems my lady has departed on a sour note. Please continue to watch over her. I may have heard a few things you said earlier. Thank you, her mother will be pleased to know she has found another figure willing to take her and her wellbeing into great consideration. Farewell Lady Rosalia". Pulling a cigarette from her pocket the woman lit it before closing the door and making off to follow Amanda.

And with that the duo left, Leaving Rosalia all alone with her thoughts after an explosive few moments.
Elvario Elvario

Rosalia's Room
public
Time: 19:15

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

Rosalia raised an eyebrow when the maid was mentioned to be rough around the edges. A strong personality AND rough around the edges? This was starting to sound rather ominous, in a sense. She hoped her plot wouldn't backfire and convince Regula to never hire some staff for the rest of her life. Either way, she decided she'd try not to assume the worst and smiled. “That'll be great, dear.” She replied, at the permission to command the maid if need-be.

She was about to get up and respond to the knock on her door, being rather surprised when Amanda was the one to say she'd do so. After all, who'd knock on her door if not looking for her? Turns out, Amanda's maid did, somehow having found them here. The walls had ears indeed, if she'd knew to locate Amanda in this time-span. Either that or they'd been spied upon. Regardless, she was about to introduce herself when the maid spoke. Strong personality? Definitely.

Truthfully, it did hurt a bit to be called old. It's not like she didn't know she was, but she secretly did like it when people estimated her to be younger than she was. Then again, years of practised smiling ensured she'd show none such thoughts in her expression. That merely changed from a smile to a slightly confused look. After watching the scene unfold, she tried to estimate if that apology had any form of sincerity to it to begin with. The only truly sincere part was likely the dissatisfaction with the current state of the keep and her lodgings.

Amanda's parting words brought her smile back. “Of course dear. If you need me again, you'll know where to find me, assuming your lovely maid doesn't convince someone to arrange different longings first.” She'd add the last line with a balance of challenge and disarming smile. She wasn't one to argue, but she did want to test this one out a little. Perhaps together, they'd actually get Regula to arrange for someone to work on the keep.

It was rather ironic to hear the maid apologise for her lady, considering she was the cause of that sour note. That said, her parting words were quick to make Rosalia change her opinion. This maid was a good girl, even though she was a tad bit rude. That much was clear right now. “Of course, although I'm glad I'm no longer the only one that'll keep her from overworking herself.” She replied, the latter being more of a command than a statement.

Just like that, their short meeting had met its climactic end.

The End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back