• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Moonlight Bridge

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
The year is 1938, and some intriguing ruins have been located in Guatemala. First to the scene is an expedition from Miskatonic University. This is an exciting find, seemingly a combination burial ground and temple. More intriguing still is the tunnel under the 'crypt' that seems to go on further than the obvious structure should indicate.

You five have been selected to go and shore up the first wave of archaeologists, and uncover the mysteries of this place - for accolades, money, or pure curiosity.

This certainly will be feather in Miskatonic's cap after that incident in Antarctica.

======================

This is a horror RP aimed at newbies to dice roleplays - I will therefore talk everyone through the system with utmost patience.

It will include themes of racism, sexism, homophobia, institutional violence, existential horror, and the historical crimes of the US government.

The characters are pre-made, but there is room to negotiate for changes.

The following character archetypes will be open:

Cantankerous, arrogant professor of archaeology. OPEN

Liberated, modern woman (I use this in the sense of the time period) and student of languages. OPEN

Closet homosexual and student astronomer from a wealthy Guatemalan family. TAKEN

Nervous protege of the professor. TAKEN

Alcoholic veteran of the Great War and medical doctor. TAKEN

This game will run for a period of three months, ideally, and will have a concrete plot.

No time-wasters.

Thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@.@

Do I count as a newbie?

Not, uh, not that I'm thinking about joining or anything. Because that would be silly. >.>

damnyougreystahpmakingsuchappeallingthings

Call of Cthulhu?

Uh... Is it Newbie's /only/...?

*Cough Cough*

Why you make game in my favorite system, Grey.

Fair 'nuff.

Despite it likely being something that would mean I don't get to play, I do hope you get the desired amount of newbies, yeah?

That said- if you don't, I'll be happy to help with the ones you do get. The concept I was interested in was.. really any of em, so... I'll just take whatevers left if there's an open slot when you get all the people your getting, yeah? :)

I would like to volunteer to play any of the characters, but would be most interested in the protégé or learning astronomer. I keep telling myself to learn how to dice rp, but I haven't had the opportunity as of yet.

Seeing as I've actually never been part of a dice rp before, I'd definitely be interested. The protege or alcoholic doctor appeal to me the most, whichever you think would work.

Er, newbie here. I'll take what's left! Assuming there actually is anything left. You seem to be a very popular player, Grey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back