• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Modern Prophet [closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The reports seeped down from Heaven and up from Hell. It was impossible to keep a coup quiet, and when Azazel seized Hell, Heaven began to ask where Lucifer was. Obviously Lucifer wasn't in Hell, and everyone would know Lucifer was dead.

"Earth." The host whispered. "Lucifer has gone to earth."

And so the archangel had, a little bit before Azazel took over. Lucifer's followers flooded earth afterwards - this who had no intention of pretending to listen to Azazel, but most of them didn't know where to look for their wayward queen.

The platinum blonde angel barely knew where she was as she relaxed into the leather interior of Lilith's car, typing back messages to one of her few earthly contacts as the car sped down the highway and on towards a pub that Lucifer had tracked down her 'next step' to.

Apparently, there was a prophet around. Lucifer expected there was an angel, too, but she was hardly worried. Only Michael worried her, the rest? They were nothing.

Samael didn't know who was assigned to guard the prophet, though. Such was the message that popped up on the tiny screen, causing the archangel to scowl, before putting it away. "You're certain we need the prophet?" Lucifer settled her blue eyes upon the dark haired woman.

Human, in every sense of the word, only lacking the original sin and so immortal. She was the first, not made of rib, and as perfect as God could design a mortal with her darkened features and long tresses. Humans would probably assume her from India, not Eden. They imagined Eden full of blondes with pale skin. Like her...almost.

"Yes." Lilith answered. "I can go in unheeded, but I can bring nothing out. If you try that entrance, it will destroy you." Lucifer knew that. What she didn't know was how a prophet was going to be of use. "They speak to God. They see visions. You can get answers."

"Or learn the newest apocalypse." Prophets were useless. "I'm sure it involves what Azazel just did, and all the fallen running to earth."

Lilith let a smile touch her lips as she pulled her car into the parking lot. "Come. Let's give it a try." She said, before opening her door and stepping out. Lucifer followed without hesitation, dressed in what passed for clothing nowadays - fashion changed so quickly. While Lilith wore a slinky black dress, Lucifer kept to a crimson halter with jeans. Mobility was key.

Her eyes skimmed the area as she walked in, though she continued towards the counter with Lilith. The prophet supposedly worked here - God never made the best choices. She was seeking a sign of the angel though, but didn't notice one beyond the standard guardian auras around most humans.

Except one.

The bartender lacked such and her brows knit together momentarily as she tried to make sure she wasn't just missing it as she took her seat on a stool to wait to get a drink, and figure a bit about how best to approach this matter.

Kidnapping would have been so much easier.

Noah rubbed his hand over his eyes, he was still waking up, despite the late hour. He had the late shift today, so he slept through most of the day, or at least he tried to. He’d had more active dreams his entire life, his aunt and the doctors told him just an active imagination or shit like that. But recently they had been bad, not always nightmares, but they were confusing and odd enough to keep him awake at night, wondering what the hell these strange images and words meant.

“Better keep yourself awake or the boss will have your head again, Anderson.” One of the other bartenders spoke. Noah nodded a bit, “I’ll be fine, just need an hour or two to pick things up.” Noah promised as he moved over to one of the regulars, “How you doin’ tonight Mr. Bradshaw?” He asked as he poured him some bourbon. The man mumbled something clearly already drunk, Noah would make sure to water down his next few drinks.

But half the bars heads turned when two new faces walked into the bar. These women were…. Well they looked like they belonged in a high end nightclub, not some local pub. When the girls sat down Noah nodded to Angie and the other server, then he moved over to the two ladies, plastering on his smile that got every girl who walked in to buy a few extra drinks. He leaned over the counter a bit, “What can I get you ladies this evening?” He asked them. For a brief moment he felt a small ache in his head as he looked at the women, but then it was gone, he figured it was from the lack of sleep. From across the bar he could see Angie’s watchful eyes, he wondered if she was just as curious as two what these women were doing here.

The one without the energy of a guardian presence approached. He fit the image Samael had sent - tall, not quite dark, and handsome. No doubt that smile of him won him plenty of friends. Idly, Lucifer wondered what the man expected. Fancy, colorful drinks? This place likely didn't have many. Wine coolers? God forbid they have proper wine.

Lucifer didn't plan to be difficult, though. Lilith spoke first, voice lowered a bit with the sole purpose to make him lean to hear better, a game she too often enjoyed. "Just a coke, love, I'm driving." Lilith answered him, sweet smile in place.

Lucifer answered as well, putting on a playfully coy smile to match his winning one. "And since I'm not, I think I'd like an ameretto sour and your name." Lucifer found no point in wasting time - the prophet was something she wanted. He should know that...even if he would have no idea just yet what sparked the interest. He likely got hit on enough, Lucifer imagined he'd read it as that alone.

Which may serve her purposes well enough. As Lilith knew better, people confessed many things to those they shared some level of intimacy with. God really didn't make mortals good at logic. So often their emotions won out.

Noah leaned in slightly as the one in black spoke, he nodded at the mention of coke, and popped open a bottle for her, pouring it into a glass with ice for her. She had a sweeter smile, but the one in red…. With the white blonde hair, she was certainly something else.

When she spoke Noah let one of his eyebrows cock just slightly, “Noah Anderson.” He told her with a nod as he turned to prepare her drink. As he was at the counter Angie bumped his hip. “Careful with them Noah.” He said in an almost two serious tone. Noah glanced back at the ladies, then to Angie, “Ang, I highly doubt either of them will go for it. But in the off chance they do..” He trailed off with a small smirk. Angie gripped his arm, so hard it felt like there was a small shock, “Noah.. just, don’t do anything stupid.” She said in a very low tone. Noah gave her a weird look, but he nodded. “Course.” He said and brought the drink back to the woman in red. “So, now that I have served you a drink, do I get the pleasure of knowing your name.” He asked her.

He would have liked to say he was interested in what she had to say, but these women were sexy, and well, Noah’s hard weeks and even more obnoxious nights. He figured if he was forfeiting sleep anyway, might as well spend the extra effort with a sexy woman with blonde hair and a coy smile.

God wasn't getting creative with his prophets. Noah was a drunk who built the arc. Noah was now a bartender, like also a drunk, but not yet proven. Luci doubted it would be on shift. Afterwards, perhaps. It made people more loose lipped about things. He gave his name. Full name, even. Anderson was a common enough surname, he likely wasn't too worried about any sort of thefts from a stranger in a bar.

She offered a quick, "Thank you," before he turned away to prepare the drink. Lilith brought the cold coke to her lips as another woman bumped into Noah. The words spoken couldn't be made out, but the demeanor was obvious. "Not even a minute here." Lucifer chuckled at the obvious suspicion. Worry. "Romantic or platonic?"

"Platonic." Lilith bet. She was often a good reader of people.

Lucifer gave a nod and when he came back with her drink, she stretched over the counter a bit to take it. "Lucy Heylel - Jewish father." She chuckled. It meant morning star in Hebrew. She loved hiding just in plain sight. "I thought I'd find Jesus before I found Noah," she added easily. "Devout parents or just lucky?" She asked with a cant of her head as she settled back into her seat.

Lilith touched her shoulder, gave a quick glance to Noah, before she headed off to get a better feel of the place and enjoy her own time here before Lucifer got to business.

Noah smiled easily at her, “Lucy,” he repeated as she spoke her name, he would certainly remember this one. No slip of the tongues tonight. He watched as Lucy’s friend moved away, feeling a bit bad he never got to ask her name, but of course, his eyes were on a certain blonde and her friend did not seem to care much.

When she asked of his name he smiled a big, pulled a cross from his neck beneath his shirt. “Devout mother.” He shrugged a bit then placed the cross beneath his shirt, “Raised by my aunt though, she never thought much on it.” He added. Which was true, his aunt sometimes went off about his mother’s faith, sometimes he wondered if she was crazy, but his aunt promised him she was a good woman. He never asked too much. However he often did wonder about his father, to which his aunt never held an answer. She said if she did know anything, or ever found anything she would tell him, but that she truly knew nothing, said she didn’t even know her sister was pregnant until Noah ended up on her doorstep with a note and nothing but the blanket on his back and the cross.

“So, I cannot help but wonder what brings you and your friend over there to a place like this.” He said to her. “I mean, mostly we get locals, a few drunken teens hoping to try their fakes, the rarities of those just passing through.” He shrugged, “You however, do not seem like the kind to stop in a small bar, just passing through.” He pointed out to her, for whatever reason he had a strange feeling like this girl was here for a reason.

Devout and Christian mother by the cross. Lucifer gave a nod at the little trinket. It always amused her how a torture device became the symbol of Christianity. She wondered how Jesus might feel if he descended and saw all the little crosses around everyone’s neck, knowing that object is what killed him.

Oh well. Perhaps one day she’d get to ask him.

“You’re right,” she said when he asked what she was doing here, ticking off his list, “I’m not from around here, but I’m not passing through, either. I’ve come here looking for someone. You, actually, Noah.” People called Lucifer the ‘Father of Lies’ – gender got confused in the old days, Lucifer didn’t care. It wasn’t true, though.

Lucifer didn’t need to lie. Generally, she avoided it as a rule. People just never liked her truths and wanted to believe they were lies. “I’m sure it is a better conversation for when you go on a break or are off shift, though. That is, so long as you’re not about to call the police over a woman looking for you,” she gave him that coy smile again, canting her head a bit, “I’ve heard so much about you, I had to come see what a bartender in the middle of nowhere was really like.”

She didn’t speak of her source, of course. Certainly Noah had friends that had left town, gone on to bigger and better things through college or something. Most people did. “I was told where you worked, that’s why I ended up here.”

Noah looked at her as she spoke that she was looking for him. At first he thought it was some god awful cheesy line, but then as she spoke further he realized it wasn’t that she was actually looking for him. But why? Some beautiful girl came all the way here for him? Who told her of him? And why him? This girl clearly wanted something more than just sex, she could easily get sex with anyone.

He nodded a bit, forcing a small smile, but there was still a wave of confusion over his features, and the noise in the back of his head rang louder, but only for a moment. “I get off my shift at the end of the hour.” He told her glancing back at the clock, “I’ll meet you in the back booth.” He said nodding to the corner of the bar where a dimly lit booth was. A more private setting, but not too private.

He finished the rest of his shift up, serving drinks, most people there were long drunk and he knew Angela would be calling them all cabs soon anyway. When his shift was over he punched out and then headed right over to the booth where he found her waiting for him. “Alright… what is this truly about?” He asked her in a smaller tone, “Are you drunk? Or is this some odd way of flirting?” He wondered aloud to her.

Noah didn't go running scared, which Lucifer took to be a good sign. He wanted to meet with her still in the bar. Not ideal. It would work though and she easily accepted the terms. "I will see you then." And she slid off the stool, joining Lilith for a bit until it grew closer to the end of shift for Noah.

Lucifer made her way to the booth, pleased none had taken it. She settled in and waited for the man to join her, smiling a bit more kindly as he did so. He broke into questions immediately and she waited until he was done, though she did chuckle at his wondering if she was drunk. "Can't, unfortunately, get drunk." Lilith could.

Angels couldn't. Took all the fun out of it, but appearances were necessary in a pub. At least ameretto sours tasted good. Not as good as the ridiculously fruity cocktails. "And if I were flirting I'd just slip you a card key to my hotel room, which I may do anyway."

Because he was not going to believe her at first. He would likely deny, leave, and then think on it later... and go to her seeking answers. "You are an attractive man, though I'm sure you're quite aware of that. Your friend is." She glanced to find the one who had bumped him earlier, before continuing. "You are a prophet. I need your assistance." She stated it bluntly. "I'm sure you don't believe me, but you've had strange dreams, haven't you? A powerful intuition...one probably at war with you this very moment."

He made a face at her as she said she couldn’t get drunk. What the hell was this? He rubbed his face wondering if it was another sick dream, but even as he pinched himself he felt more awake than he ever had. And apparently she wasn’t flirting either? Or maybe she was? Who was this woman?

When she spoke of how he looked, he glanced over to Angie, who was watching him out of the corner of her eye while also helping some people at the bar. But he stared at Lucy in disbelief as she said he was a prophet. “You’re fucking insane.” He began to get up, but he stopped when she mentioned dreams, and the intuition. He paused and glanced back to her.

Dreams? How could she have known about the dreams, and the voices that kept him up at night, and the ringing in the back of his head, the ringing that seemed very distinct when he was close to her. “Who are you?” He asked her in a deep tone. “What…” he trailed off, “How do you know this about me? And what…. No, this is fucking crazy.” He said shaking his head, but he didn’t move this time. He wanted to know more about the dreams, the ringing in his head, most of all because he wanted it all to stop.

There it was. The denial. The name calling and the curses. He was predictable in that respect but Lucifer didn't expect much from mortals. The interesting part was that he paused at least about the dreams. Plenty of people had strange dreams, or dreams they thought were subjectively strange when they were objectively normal when compared to other humans. Dreams of teeth falling out, of returning to school long after graduation...humans weren't creative.

Nor was their Creator.

"It's always the same with His chosen ones." Lucifer answered the question as to how she knew. His voice lowered, deepened, and she took that promised keycard out and set it on the table as she rose. Odds were he wouldn't take it, but if she abandoned it, he may feel obligated to hold onto it which meant he may come around.

"I'm insane." She said to his other question of who she was. "Most call me Lucifer." He wouldn't believe that, either. Lucifer was meant to be male after all. "Lucy seems more acceptable on earth."

She tapped the keycard with her nail, then stepped back. "Think about it. You'll see I'm right, and I'm the only one who can give you answers you've been denied by others close to you. In spite of what they say...I don't lie." Not even about her Jewish father.

Noah watched her carefully, her comments, like she was some elderly woman who just chuckled at the misfortune and confusion of those less wise than herself. He wanted to know what she meant, and then less answers came, only more questions. But he felt stupid after her next statement. “Lucifer?” He asked, almost a scoff in his tone. She was insane, she was absolutely crazy, that was confirmed now.

He glanced down at the key card and then back to her, but what caught his attention, the answers he’s been denied by others close to him. His aunt, and Angie, and everyone close to him… they always tiptoed around things. His questions about his mother, about the dreams and the voices. They always told him it was fine, that it was normal, even though he knew it was not. How did this girl know so much? Her words were so cryptic though, and she thought she was fucking Lucifer.. When she was gone he picked up the keycard and slipped it into his pocket, even though he told himself he wasn’t going to use it.

He moved over to the bar to Angie, “I’m headed home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He told her too quickly, so she wouldn’t be able to say anything else. He got into his shit camry and began driving home, but the more he drove the more he saw strange flashes of light over other cars, like a fluttering. He shook his head, and tried to shake the feeling, but as he saw one car swerve before him, a glint through the lighter flash showed, like a darkness. He took a sharp u-turn and headed straight for the hotel in the opposite direction.

He looked at the keycard, making sure it was the right room, when he was sure he banged harshly on the door. If she had answers, he wanted them, he wanted all of them, he didn’t care how crazy she was, he was almost certain he was crazy. Worth a shot to hear her out right? Maybe not, maybe he was just as crazy as this woman.

Lucifer had succeeded a little with every prophet, except for the one who claimed divinity. Everyone else was fallible, sinful by nature. She could be wrong in guessing how he would respond, but that just meant moving on to more overt tactics. Showing up with wings was usually convincing enough.

Lilith was only exasperated with her. "Don't you ever get bored with the same routine?"

"Bored doesn't matter. It works."

And so it did. Shortly after arriving, after she hopped in the shower for the pleasant feel of the water, she heard a rather harsh knock. "The card does open it, Noah." She didn't bother checking who it was, only made sure to slip into a black nightgown before he would enter. It was more decent than a towel.

Lilith shared the room next door so there would be no one else. The illusion of privacy may help or hinder, depending on his mood. She'd guess it wouldn't start easy from the pounding knocks. No matter, she took a seat on the bed and waited. She'd let him open the door and cross the threshold. God couldn't say that she made him. As with everyone...she was only the light that showed the way.

When he heard her voice he stuck the key card and and moved into the room. He let the door shut behind him, he realized a bit too harshly and he looked at her there sitting on the bed. A black night gown, and slightly wet hair. He looked away, was this some wacked method of flirting? He couldn’t tell. He couldn’t tell anything with this one, except the damned ringing in his head.

“If this is some sick method of… I don’t even know what.” He snapped at her, then he ran his hands through his hair and then looked back to her, “I want answers. No more tiptoeing around the fact.” He said to her. He was pleading with her, which he knew was the wrong tactic, but hopefully she would answer to the anger in his voice, despite the desperation his words held. But this was no joke to him, he couldn’t sleep, his entire life he believed he had a mental problem, if she had answers he wanted them, and he wanted them so badly. “What is wrong with me?” He asked her finally.

Lucifer shook her head at his opening lines. "I wanted a shower, that's all. I didn't know when you'd be showing up." She lightly chided him before listening to the rest. His desperation. His need to know. God fucked it up with this one by not telling them immediately but he usually did. Otherwise his prophets wouldn't be plagued with so many issues.

"You're a prophet, that is what is wrong with you." She reiterated. "That means you have prophetic dreams. You may hear voices. Your intuition is strong, so in spite of my appealing appearance, you aren't comfortable." She could look like an innocent child and the alarms would go off.

"But I told you all that already. You want proof."

Proof was easy.

She rose, and calmly slipped off the two golden bracelets she wore to help mask her aura. She took in a breath and on the exhale, she keeled forward a bit as the pain hit. Always painful, hiding or showing, but there was no blood or ichor at least as the wings sprung from her back as she wrapped her arms over her chest.

White. She had six, a Seraph, but there was no need to show off or endure unnecessary pain by bringing them all into sight. Two should be fairly convincing.

Besides, the other two sets were ruined. Not that this set didn't have...issues. Old burns were still obvious in some places. Charred tips. Bone. The bone wasn't as noticeable among all the white.

She straightened after a moment. "Now then...are you going to start believing me?" Deep breath. It really wasn't fair that this hurt.

His jaw was clenched harshly as she seemed to be mocking him, just repeating what she said before. He couldn’t handle all of this, he needed real answers. He was done with her calling him a prophet, besides his dreams and his intuition what did that even mean? And why did it cause her to go looking for him?

But when she mention proof and fucking wings erupted from her back Noah’s jaw literally dropped. “I’m in a fucking dream right?” He asked just staring at her. He looked down at his hands, counting his fingers all that shit that they told you to do. But it was real, he was here, and this chick before him had fucking wings. Boney, white wings that were huge. “Okay…. I…” he trailed off not really sure what he was seeing at all anymore. “Let’s say…. Hypothetically, all you say is real. That I’m this prophet, that this is real life and I’m awake… and you’re… you are lucifer.” He said rubbing his hand through his hair again, he just sounded insane. Then he paused, “Wait… you’re… doesn’t that make you the bad guy?” He asked her, “That’s why I don’t feel comfortable, that’s the ringing… it’s telling me to stay away from you.” He said and took a step back. But she still had more answers, “Why me? What am I needed for? More importantly why did you come for me?” he asked her.

He was trying to figure it all out, she didn’t want him dead? Right? She would have killed him already. Unless she was sick and wanted to play with him before she killed him, which seemed very Lucifer-like, which did not make him feel any better. “Who is your friend?” He asked, he could sense her in the room next to them, although whatever power was drawing him to sense her wasn’t very strong, or at least not the way it was with Lucy.

Lucifer could be patient when it was worth it. She was never someone to hesitate, but patience was another matter. So, she was quiet then as Noah gathered himself. Made sure it wasn't a dream. She furled the wings back behind her, but didn't get rid of them. They helped Noah understand the reality of the situation. That her answers were real and sincere, because she really didn't have time too waste fucking with a nobody.

He set the scene.

She gave him an encouraging nod as he called her Lucifer. "Lucy if it makes it easier, apparently Lucifer is a masculine name." She offered, before it hit him that by all rights, he shouldn't even be near her. She was the 'bad guy'. "So I'm told. Personally I think God is the villain but Michael disagrees and, well...might makes right." The victors wrote history. She had not won, only lived.

"I don't know precisely why God chose you, Noah. I do know, however, that through your ability to dream and converse, you can help me. You can dream a way to Eden, which is what I need. My friend, Lilith, already knows her way in and out, but that doesn't benefit me, nor you. She never partook of the forbidden fruit. Technically she is sinless and can't die. Someone would probably argue otherwise, but God's morality is the one that counts, isn't it?"

And by those standards Lilith was pure. The only human to not sin, besides the Son.

"I'm not asking much. A dream, a fruit, and you can have one of you want as well, and you get the opportunity to ask whatever questions you have and learn about what you are. I can't tell you what God wants from you...but most anything else."

Noah tried to make sense of all of her words, she was crazy, he was crazy. None of this was real. “Even if this all made sense, why would I help you?” He asked her. “You’re in it for your own reasons, yeah, but what will this grant me, other than some of the forbidden fruit or whatever it’s is that pertains knowledge and all that.” He said running his hand through his hair again.

Then he sat back, there was a certain...not glow around her, it was hard to see, much harder than the other ones, but with the wings out, there was a darkness that encircled her, or maybe just a dark light it seemed. He didn’t know what to make of it all. “What are you going to do for me?” He asked her, his tone we taunting almost in a sense, because he could gain the upper hand in this…. Well whatever this was. “Make it worth my while, I’ll help you, but what can you offer to me.” He wondered to her. He wasn't going to be asking favors of god anytime soon, to be quite honest Noah never believed in such, not until now, and even now, he was still unsure.

“The forbidden fruit won’t help you at all,” Lucifer pointed out. It wasn’t the forbidden fruit she was after, anyway. It was the other one, the one that God closed Eden to humans in order to protect, the fruit of life. Was she about to tell him that? Absolutely not.

People failed in their deals with her because of omissions. Of not asking the right questions, and this human was apparently now interested in a deal, as he took a seat and examined her. Considered what was going on. He spoke, greed and pride in his words, and Lucifer managed not to smirk or even laugh, but there was a gleam in her eyes, a familiar sensation of the challenge.

She loved deals.

She loved watching humans get exactly what they asked for.

She approached him, and let her arms come to rest on his shoulders, a lazy drape that put herself closer to eye level with him now that he sat. Brought her face close to his own, that coy smile returning, “Your wish is my command, prophet, so long as you start to provide me with what I want,” Lucifer offered with no hesitation, “but I hope you understand that I don’t have to play nice. Try to deceive me…,” she didn’t continue, not in words.

She came from Hell.

He ought to know that she could simply torture him for the information she wanted. Torture him until he was begging and crying out, giving her whatever she wanted, or until his cries brought an angel to her that would better serve her wishes. “Riches, fame, me, Lilith, your own Helen of Troy, or revenge…if fruit doesn’t entice you, then tell me what does.”

Noah didn’t care about the fruit, he wanted to know what she had to offer, but the way she spoke, he wouldn’t be deceiving her, just making sure she held up her end, if he offered to help her. But when she approached him the ringing in his head was louder than ever, her face so close to his, he tried to find a flaw, something that showed where she was truly from, but nothing, her face was mere perfection. Maybe that was the trick, was that it was too good.

Her offered were tempting, fame would be nice, riches obviously, her or Lilith, both beautiful women, both women he would absolutely enjoy laying next to each night. His own beautiful woman, any he wanted, or to wrong those who have wrong him. All tempting, but not was he wanted.

But when asked what he wanted he stood up, moving away from her. He didn’t want her to be close to him, he didn’t want the ringing. “I want you to bring my mother back.” He told her. “That is my end of the deal.” He said to her. “Can you do that?” He asked her, there was a tinge of doubt in his voice, it would be too good to be true right? And worst of all likely this female lucifer, or the real lucifer, or whatever she was might try and lie to him.

The request was nothing greedy, nothing lustful or proud. It was the wish of a hopeless boy, and Lucifer gave him a pitying smile for it. Could she? “I can,” she reached a hand back and drew it along his cheek as she righted herself. “Necromancy is easy enough. The thing about Heaven is that the gates are closed,” she said, to explain how it was possible, no matter where the soul was destined.

She stepped back, glancing up, “Closed until the end times. I don’t get all my souls at death. Some souls, I get after death. Those destined for heaven are sleeping in their coffins, waiting. It’s no difficulty to take her soul and bring it back, though, I’m not sure what that will mean for her future,” Lucifer noted then, glancing back to Noah.

“Do you want to risk damning her? Or her being angry at you for dealing with the devil? She was…devout, wasn’t she?” Not that Lucifer cared. If it got her what she wanted, she’d damn a thousand without remorse, but she figured she’d at least let him know she couldn’t promise anything about his mother’s afterlife once she died again.

God didn’t really smile on immortality and avoiding death. That was probably why Lilith tended to help her more than others.

He turned to her as her hand moved along his cheek, he didn’t like the notion, especially in this sense. It was as if she were treating him like a child. But Noah listened to her words, trying to figure it out, what death truly meant, and what it would mean for his mother.

“You’re saying I shouldn’t risk it. I never knew her. But it’s likely her faith… she wouldn’t approve of any of this.” He said to her. He wondered if he should even do it, there was nothing he truly needed from Lucifer, sure his life was not perfect, but it was not unbearable either. But to pull his mother back into the living world, only for her to hate him because of what he did. And who he chose to accompany him, his eyes moving back over Lucy.

“I do not know what I want.” He whispered, “But I don’t think helping you without a motive of my own should serve any purpose. If I am to risk…. Anything… and for you?” He asked, “You’re like the ruler of all that is evil or some shit.” He said as he looked around the room, as if something would strike up inspiration.

“No, of course not,” Lucifer shook her head, “Your kind always has to get something out of helping others, I respect that,” Lucifer said, moving back around, pulling the wings back in so that she could take her seat back on the bed without them making it uncomfortable.

Sure, it hurt, but at least that would get rid of them.

She slipped the bracelets back on to dampen her aura, hide her presence once more. She probably startled a few of the Heavenly Host nearby, but now she’d be gone from their radars. “Why do you think I’m evil, Noah?” She asked, crossing one leg over the other, “Because I rebelled against my Father? If I were, say, the child of Hitler, would you think that I was evil for rebelling against him?”

No, obviously not.

Yet everyone imagined God as some grand, upstanding figure, despite the world they lived in. Despite what they were.

Noah moved over to the bed where she sat, he perched himself on the edge. The way she spoke, it was so dated. And the way she mentioned his kind. Like there was a bit of distaste to the word. But when she asked of evil, and then compared God to Hitler he chuckled. “Never heard that one before.” He chuckled slightly.

“I don’t think many would appreciate you comparing God to Hitler.” He told her. Then he looked back to her a moment, she could get him anything he wanted, and he couldn’t pick anything. “Can you free me of the dreams then? And the… vision and voices and that incessant ringing?” He asked her. “Essentially I help you, and then I am done, no more prophet, no more… demons and angels surrounding me. No more…just no more of it?” He asked her.

“Really? I suppose it isn’t apt. Hitler was better…God killed everyone but a single family,” Lucifer shrugged.

Of course, God was ‘justified’ in flooding the world. Sure. Buyer’s remorse, more like. He realized he fucked up and tried to end it all by saving just one ‘good’ family, not realizing that’s how humanity started. One family.

When he asked for relief from the dreams and the ringing, all that came to mind was killing him. Lucifer couldn’t exactly stop it otherwise – that was God’s domain, much like his purpose which she knew naught of. Yet, killing him would certainly stop it, and so Lucifer smiled. “Yes, I can do that, but that will have to last until I get what I want. Your dreams, after all, are meant to help me. So are the voices, if they’ll cooperate, but after that, I can make it all stop.”

Every breath. Every thought. Everything.

She wasn’t going to tell him that, though. Omission, still her best tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back