• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Missing Line of Code || VRMMORPG

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
A Missing Line of Code

In-Character || Out of Character || Character Sign-up || Lore

Everyone was excited, or quite frankly even more than that. For the very first actual virtual reality system had been approved for use in the US along with the very first game that was going to be released a few days later. With breaths held, it was exciting to say the least as it was finally revealed, a medieval fantasy MMORPG with everything from dungeons to dragons and everything in between.

On launch it was going surprisingly well, servers handling the player load and everything else running smoothly, until people began to notice that the button within the menu to have everyone logout was missing. At first it was taken as a hoax considering it was an overused media trope nowadays but as a message from the development team was pushed out to all players, it was soon apparent that someone had messed with their servers and forcefully removed the option from the system. Completely. With a fix in progress, everyone was told to sit tight and, well enjoy the game. But unbeknownst to them, this isn’t the last bug that will begin to take hold.

Last edited:
An Unkind Arrangement
It had been one week since the logout button had been disabled and communication from the outside world shut off. The world was still in disarray with many players trying to cope with the very real possibility of being stuck here for an indefinite amount of time. Therefore not only was a truce between the many nations called, but a meeting that would take place within the Bron’s capital, seeing as it nearly was the center of the continent. So there was King Dorian, pacing nervously as he awaited the others to arrive any minute. It was going to be interesting, seeing as they were to stay in-character although breaking it seemed much more necessary with such events unfolding. They were treating it as a magical anomaly of sorts to keep it in tune with the setting, but he knew deep down that they each wanted to share their true opinions on the matter.

There was a knock on the door to the small conference chamber he was within, clearing his throat before calling out a slightly wavering “Come in.” The door would then briefly open and shut, a familiar dwarf waddling towards him with a huge grin on his bearded face. “Jake! Long time no see.” He exclaimed joyfully, shaking his friend’s hand eagerly. “You as well, Brandon… I take it you aren't happy with Aaron’s requests either?” The shorter being rolled his eyes. “Peh, that arse has always fit his role a bit too well. Stay in character? Now of all times? Does he want to scare Erica away?” He was referring to the rather hated vampiric queen, despite how she was undeserving of such treatment. “My thoughts exactly.” Jake, who was playing Dorian, muttered with a shake of his head. “I’m worried she won't show now… for it's unlikely the sentries will allow her through the gates much less past the border.”

They didn't have time to dwell on the subject further because from behind the door, a rather humorous “caw” sound was being made before someone pushed their way in. “Guess who’s here!?” The beastfolk king called as he made his way in, arms and wings spread as he quickly bear-hugged Jake. “Mason!” He cried through a mouthful of feathers and fur, pushing the much larger creature off of him with a smile. “Aye!” Brandon called. “So you didn't like what he had to say either?” Mason shook his big eagle head. “Nah man, it's insane for wanting to be calm about this. We’re stuck in a videogame for christ’s sake and he wants to remain in character? The dude’s on crack! Besides… I didn't want Erica to be a no-show.” They both nodded in agreement, but didn't have much time to respond before the door slowly opened and the elf entered. “Good afternoon.” Aaron, who played the elven king Injros, passed each of the a look full of disdain, each of them knowing their fun was up. At first, Mason opened his beak to say something but was given a slight elbow by Jake knowing it wasn't a good idea.

“Welcome, Injros.” Dorian greeted him with a slight nod, the other two not speaking. “I see we almost have everyone.” He said monotonously, eyeing the griffin and dwarf suspiciously. “You would be correct.” The human king responded. “We are just awaiting the queen’s arrival.” Disgust soon appeared upon the elf’s face as she was mentioned, a bit of dismay flashing in each of the other men’s faces for but a moment. “Oh yes… that elusive and blood drinking fiend. I can hardly wait.” Satmas couldn't keep his mouth shut any longer, feeling a strong urge to defend the woman. “Oi! Barely anyone’s even see her, so why make assumptions so quickly, eh?” The elf groaned and rested his face in his hand. “Dwarves… so quick to trust… that is quite the negative factor to have, you know. Vampires are the work of dark magic, spawns of the purest evil. And so they will be treated as such, like one would treat animals...as they are supposed to.” As he said this, a sideways glance was passed towards Atu, causing the king to ruffle his feathers somewhat with a glare sent Injros’ way.

Their discussion didn't last much longer as there was a soft albeit noticeable knock on the door. Three of the kings were more than surprised to hear it whereas the fourth simply groaned softly. “Come in.” Dorian called, the door opening and revealing a small, rather short woman, wearing a thin black dress with a heavy hooded traveling cloak upon her shoulders. Lowering the hood, she past nervous glances to each them, appear to swallow before speaking. “I do hope I'm not late.” Injros was all too quick to respond. “It was expected as demons to tend to sleep during to day before prowling the streets as night.” The others past her sympathetic looks as Vera took a breath, trying not to appear as if it affected her in any way. “Shall we discuss the matter at hand?” Dorian suggested, allowing his gaze to flick between each of them. They all nodded, aside from the arrogant bastard that simply remained still, Dorian continuing to speak. “First I would like to ask your name, Miss. Seeing as we have yet to introduce ourselves.” The vampiric queen took a moment before curtsying and bowing her head slightly as she responded gently. “Vera Veysun, at your service, your highness.” “So it was taught more manners than how to feast on others in public.” The elf commented. “Interesting.” The meeting hadn’t even officially began and Vera was already giving the beastkin, dwarf, and human uncomfortable glances. Hopefully he would turn it down as it progressed onward.

After more formalities were exchanged, Dorian busied himself with speaking and pouring glasses of wine. “So, if I am not mistake, we are here to call a truce…” Satmas eagerly grasped his goblet with Injros reluctantly taking his, Atu nodding in thanks for his, and Vera refusing hers. Recalling as to why he nodded and was to move past it, but the elf had to comment. “I’d keep an eye out if I were you, it might just decide to dine on you instead.” It was clear now that Vera was struggling to retain a composed appearance, the man’s repeated battering getting rather obsessive.

“Aye, it is.” Said Satmas to break the awkward silence that had fallen. “And I'm more than happy to accept. The more the merrier!” Atu lifted his goblet to his beak and took a sip, flicking his tongue out to clear any droplets of the liquid whilst nodding. “Yes… it would be beneficial for my people to gain some sort of ally. In fact, it has been long overdue.” Vera spoke up. “I would be more than happy to form a truce… ever since I lost my husband, the kingdom has grown a bit more difficult to manage.” “I thought it was customary for vampires to eat their spouses. Or is that spiders?” Injros mused, while taking a sip of his own wine. This clearly not settling well with Vera caused anger to flash within her eyes, finally forcing her to lash back. “Why do you insist on being such an arrogant prick.” She hissed, fangs unsheathing. The elf narrowed his own eyes and lowered his goblet. “Remember your place, fiend.” He said, almost as if trying to command her. Now she had finally had enough. “Aaron, are you being fucking serious right now?” She snarled. “We just learned that we are trapped within this world and all you can think about is remaining in-character?!” Mason would near her, extending a wing around her comfortingly. “Yeah man, is this really necessary? It's not like the higher ups are watchin’ right now. Give her a break.”

There was a tense silence for a small moment, Aaron setting his glass down with a glare. “And what would the players say if they saw us not upholding what we supposed to? You chose to play her so it isn’t my fault that Vera isn’t liked throughout Kein.” “But that doesn’t give you permission to be an asshole every single time you speak to me!” She cried again, the man only chuckled in response. “Oh I think it does.”

This, caused her to snap.

Moving towards the man with a supernatural speed, without giving him time to respond she growled low, sinking her fangs into his neck with quite a bit of power behind her bite. He gave a startled cry, pushing the woman off of him. Stumbling back, her face had fallen to a look of pure regret. “I-I'm sorry, I d-didn'-” But her voice abruptly caught in her throat, eyes wide as Aaron had put his left hand over the wound to try and control the bleeding while he unsheathed his sword with one fluid motion of his right, the blade having just barely cut into her neck. Now the other three slowly neared, they growing rather worried. “Aaron.” Jake snapped. “Sheath it. Now.” Brandon nodded. “Aye! You're the one to start this mess!”

After another moment he reluctantly lowered his weapon, cursing as he pulled away his hand before opening his menu, checking his status effects. “You better not have infected me…” he trailed off as he said this, a new effect having appeared but titled with ‘unknown.’ Her expression growing more desperate, she opened her menu as well, the skill having no cooldown as if it hadn't been used. “It not active, I couldn’t ha-” But she wasn’t allowed time time to finish as the elf snarled himself, plunging his blade into her stomach. Erica’s hands instantly went to grasp the blade, her skin taking on a sickly shade as it paled further. Now her nameplate appeared, it falling dangerously low. Cursing Jake shoved the man back, allowed the weapon to fall from his grasp and slide from the woman’s torso, she nearly collapsing to the floor until Mason caught her in his furry arms. All eyes were narrowed into sharp glares and pointed at the elf who returned the favor. “What’s the matter with you?!” Mason cried, putted a taloned hand over the wound. “There will be no damned truce.” Aaron growled, pushing his way out of the room, leaving his goblet upon the table.

After he left, Jake frowned deeply. She was still bleeding. Moving to the door he opened, calling for a healer. A minute or so later, one would rush in, bowing her head to her king before moving into the room. They were soon followed by Evelyn, the human queen. “What happened?” She asked, tone rather firm. “Aaron lost it.” He muttered, knowing he wasn't to break character around the servants that filled the castle. Not awaiting an explanation, she pushed past him into the room, he following. By now they had laid Erica on the floor, the bleeding slowly being gotten under control. The woman who played Dorian’s wife cursed harshly, causing the healer to glance towards momentarily before continuing to work with shaking hands on the vampiress. Her eyes drifting up to her mouth ever so often, eyeing her blood covered fangs nervously.

Once the healer finished what she could without being in the infirmary, Jake asked her to remain outside for a moment. And as soon as the door closed, Evelyn couldn't hold it in much longer. “That damned bastard! Does he have any self control?” Mason sat beside her on the floor, shaking his big head with a sigh. “Apparently not, what the hell is his deal anyway?” Evelyn, who ironically had the same name as her character (in which the developers had repeatedly apologized for seeing as when she found out, she was about ready to stab someone) knelt beside Erica, pure concern flooding her features as the wounded woman spoke. “It's my fault…” She murmured, clearly still in great amounts of pain from the ordeal. “I should’ve never come, we could have arranged something afterward.” “Nonsense.” The other queen consoled her. “Even if no everyone is to get along, you still preside over a kingdom. All rulers were called to the meeting and so that gave you the right to be here.”

They would've kept speaking, seeing as in the real world Evelyn and Erica were rather close, but the healer knocked on the door before opening it partially and saying “Sire… we need to get her to the infirmary or she may begin bleeding again.” Nodding Jake gesture to Mason, speaking in character this time. “Atu if you would please.” The griffin stood, gathering Vera in his arms. “It would be my pleasure.” He replied with a slight bow of his large head, moving to the doorway with the human queen in tow. Upon seeing this, the healer’s eyes widened. “My lady, please! I-it might not be safe to accompany his Lordship.” Too pissed off to be bothered with what her character would realistically do in such a situation, Evelyn simply responded with “I’d suggest not speaking any longer before I have a reason to remove your tongue.” This clearly frightened the healer as she nodded fearfully, the door closing behind her as they left.

Zafina || Female || Beastfolk Fighter
News had a way of traveling quickly to say the least. Extremely so. Zafina stood right before the message board located in the human capital of Tetherow, the breathtaking castle looming nearby. The only reason her and Jah’Ri were even remotely allowed to be his close were because there was talk of the leaders discussing a truce. And so the large courtyard before the gate to the grand walkway where city guards clad in heavy plate armor lingered with tight grasps upon their weapons. Passing the many different races wary, untrusting glances.

There were many notices posted. Some advertisements, others complaining about other citizens in a way that wasn’t discrete in the slightest. But the one that had caught her eyes was telling of how the elusive vampiric queen had apparently attacked the elven king out of a bloodlust induced rage. Her tail flicking back and forth behind her, the lioness was a bit conflicted on what to think. Yes, vampires were almost thought of as low as beastfolk were for being animals, because they were supposed creations of darkness, but so were lycanthropes. And both were equally pursued by the particularly religious orders within Braan for being such abominations. Considering this only made her ears flatten to her skull, a deep frown touching her muzzle as she turned away, knowing that there wasn’t any use in pondering it any longer.

Returning to where her party member and lizard friend was located, she sighed and shook her head. “Nothing but damned propaganda.” Her voice a touch deeper with a slight rasp at the end as opposed to down she sounded in real life. They needed to earn some type of coin soon, or they were going to be sleeping in the stables that night.

OOC Information
This is where we all will begin our journey. Everyone no matter of race has gathered before the castle because there had been rumors of a meeting being held within King Dorian’s castle of all the current rulers of the five kingdoms. From here you have freedom, as long as you aren’t going to be a god-modding asshole and basically break into the castle and declare the title of Dictator or other such nonsense. I also don’t want you to write yourself into a metaphorical corner and then complain why no one is interacting with you. Be smart! Make arrangements in the OOC thread before posting!

Also, I would LOVE if you coded your posts even something small like this. Let me know if you need a template. Don't be a dick and make me require one by rebelling.

With that, I leave you all to enjoy. ^^

doneanddusted doneanddusted Cenedril Cenedril Mekuto Mekuto Nephalem Nephalem Vampunk Vampunk Bleu Mochi Bleu Mochi Ce-R0 Ce-R0 sheesh sheesh Fenris Fenris
@Shirochankun Necromantic Necromantic DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

11b6fc49191e8d9f1c6810dad1af43b9.jpg

Thror Stonemantel

Thumbs hooked into his belt near the large metal buckle, which prominently displayed a star being struck by a forge hammer. Slightly rocking back on his heels the dwarf scanned the mass of people shuffling by, filling the streets with bustling activity. Worn cloth, multicolored tabards and polished mail wove into a curious living tapestry. Even some of the more elusive beastfolk seemed drawn to the event as a tall, and this one was tall not only compared to his stout dwarven build, lioness passed by. His beard split to reveal the ghost of a smile; this day was brimming with opportunities; he could feel it in his bones.

“It ain't home, but it's not half bad either. Should've made the trip sooner I suppose.. but whose to watch the forges, craft runes, keep beardlings in line, ey?” a jovial chuckle resonated from the armored figure before Thror turned toward the sound of rising voices behind him.

"What do you mean tomorrow? That's not what we agreed upon!" a a slender hawk nosed man said, stabbing a finger at the burly merchants chest. "I..I can't pay until we've moved the merchandise; but you can wait one day can't you?! You've barely worked in the first place!" the flustered man retorted. The exchange loaded the air with tension and a number of hands hovered dangerously close to sharpened blades. Trade ventures where usually risky but to string on a handful of hired muscle without pay was certainly beyond bold.

“Better break this up before we all end up in a cell tonight...” the dwarf suggested to his more level headed companions, unwilling to have his good mood spoiled so easily. Cedric the brown haired human clad in heavy armor not unlike his own gave and off the air of an experienced mercenary while Ignis the raven haired elf was rather adept at combining swordplay and sorcery. Thror had only joined the caravan recently during the last leg of its trek to the human capital; but by his reckoning they were fine company.

Last edited:
Ignis Arcturus

The elf's bright blue eyes scanned the bustling crowd around them, it seemed that players from all over the Kingdoms had heard the rumors and quickly made their way to Bron, he even spotted a few beasts in the crowd which was unusual to him, he couldn't even remember a time when he had seen one in Fahliil. The spellblade couldn't help his nose from wrinkling slightly at the sight, - and the smell, though admittedly that wasn't due entirely to them - he couldn't imagine why anyone would want to play as something that was practically an animal, it seemed like it would be an altogether strange and uncomfortable experience. Plus, he'd come across enough weird-ass furries in his extensive time on the internet to just stick to avoiding animal-like player characters in general in these types of games. He chuckled lightly to himself at his thoughts, he supposed he made a pretty good elf with all his blatant racism, though maybe that wasn't really something to be proud of.

Ignis ran his gauntlet-covered fingers through his dark black hair, feeling some of the sweat soak into the leather insides of his armored hand as he did so. Sadly his slight fire resistance didn't do much to aid him in the battle against the sun, and he could feel the harsh rays continue to slow-roast him in his armor. It was much warmer here in the open plains than it was in the woodlands of Fahliil, and he found himself missing the forest somewhat. Still, though, he'd much prefer to be cooking in the city than ride another minute in that caravan. It had been cramped, hot and generally uncomfortable, in that moment he had come to appreciate just how great air-conditioned cars really were; if only he had air conditioning in this suit of armor.

He heard the somewhat gruff voice of the dwarf beside him ring out and he looked downwards towards him, his ponytail swinging over his shoulder as he did so. Ignis rose an eyebrow at him, it was strange how many of the players in this game - himself included - felt the urge to sort of roleplay as their characters, whether it be speaking in an accent as Thror did - though perhaps that was just his normal voice? He doubted it - or even creating an entirely different persona. He had expected that most of this acting would cease once people started to realize that they could very well be trapped in this game, but at least in his experience, it hadn't. Maybe it was some sort of strange coping mechanism? Ignis shrugged, the reason didn't really matter and he didn't care much to attempt to overanalyze it.

"I suppose it's not too terrible, though I do find myself missing the cool, gentle breezes of Fahliil. The air here is rough and humid." he replied to his dwarven acquaintance, his own voice naturally taking on the haughty, silken tone present in the majority of his race.

The elf's gaze shifted upwards away from Thror as he noticed the beginnings of an argument begin to unfold in front of them, and he was unable to keep himself from rolling his eyes at it in exasperation. He honestly couldn't find it in himself to care about the merchant's well-being, but his dwarven companion made a good point. Ignis let out an annoyed sigh, rubbing at his temple before speaking, "As amusing as it would be to watch them squabble, I can't help but agree." his right hand settled around the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it at a moments notice if things escalated, while his left hooked around one of the crown-like spikes on his helmet, quickly detaching it from his belt and pulling it down over his head before beginning to walk towards the merchant and his hired muscle.

IC:
df0d1ac004c255f96677a39f7bd49729.png

Male
21yrs
Elf
Fire Mage
6ft 156lbs

Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:

Albinoni Adagio
Interacting with: StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
Mood:Relieved
The city was absolutely bustling with activity this fine day. People flocked to the captial of Bron from all the way across the continent to witness the conference that was to take place today, even the more ridiculed of peoples such the Beastfolk and the Vampires, and although everyone was welcome to gather in this city, discrimination remained high. Despite this, the city itself was gorgeous place, just as all kingdoms are expected to be, from the perfectly trimmed gardens to the pristine architecture, but it was clear that the majority of the residents and tourists must have forgotten just how small players could be, or just didn't care, because as soon Albinoni arrived at the city's gates she was pushed into and engulfed by a massive hoard of people who seemed to have mistaken her for a cat skin rug. Poor kitty, right?

"¡Ay!" Albinoni cried out as a brown leather boot came down upon the fluffy clawed toes of her left footpaw. She craned her neck upwards to send a bitter glare at the man she suspected of this offense, but he simply continued on his way without casting a single look down at her. She would gave shaken her fists in his direction and prayed to Santa Maria de Guadalupe for her to be lucky enough to find him again if she was immediately kneed in the face by pedestrian and shoved to the side by another. Albinoni hissed, pulling her whiskered jowls up to show off her pearly whites. "Oh!" Albinoni gasped, bringing a paw up to her lips, "excuse me."
The lynx seemed trapped, unable to see over the crowd to find somewhere safe to hide. Luckily, a gap in the sea of legs opened just enough for Albinoni to spot two beastfolk, a lioness and reptile. "Oh sweet jesus," said Albinoni, relieved. Now the only problem was getting over there.

Plan A was shortlived. Albinoni attempted to force her way through the crowd, dodging people and avoiding obstacles by squeezing through space that didn't exist. The whole experienced was similar to the game Frogger, only a lot more painful. After being kicked and trampled, Albinoni decided it was time for Plan B.

Waiting only a mere second for someone wearing thick, loose fitting garmants to stride by, the yellow-eyed cat pounced. She leaped at her victim, sinking her claws into the material she wore to pull herself up. The poor woman flailed, trying to bat the small beastfolk off of her, only to end up wacking herself after Albinoni leaped onto the her next victim. One after another, the feline travered across the crowd via unsuspecting people until finally she landed onto the armored shoulders of the lioness.

"You will not believe the audacity of these people," Albinoni said, pursing her lips as she glanced back at the crowd and gave her head a shake. "I am so glad I found you guys when I did, that was the worst experience of my life." The lynx, so relieved to finally be out of the suffocating hoard, seemed to have forgotten that not everyone found her perching on their shoulders acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back