• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Lovecraftian Tale

Ray noticed Issy's flinch towards Cher and didn't blame her. Honestly he wasn't too far from that kind of reaction himself if it weren't for him wanting to not cause Cher to hate him and thus not lead the group to food or maybe even something a little worse. He nudged two kunai down his right sleeve in case he would need to protect himself since he himself didn't entirely or even overly trust Cher, but it was a chance at food.

@Cherrywitch @Yellow Swan @Mikailgirl

(Np :3 I'd be a total dick to leave someone behind lol)

“Well come on then, follow me.” She’s already scampering away, torn dress fluttering behind her as she brings them back closer to the gate. She tilts her head. “Food is still here, that’s good, I don’t want to fight anyone today for it.” She tastes the air looking around before eyes lock on a few fat birds, resting on the outside of the gate. “There is our food. Mmm! Looks good too, enough for all of us.”

@KayIa @Cherrywitch @Yellow Swan

(I will be out for a long time as I do have to work for about 6 hours, sorry about that.( :( ))

Leah gave a halfhearted laugh. Oz was trying to cheer her up. How sweet. "Thanks. I really worked hard to get there, but now look where I am. All because of a misunderstanding." Years started forming in her eyes. Leah couldn't talk about this. Not now.

Ray followed Cher to the food. Birds. Relatively normal yet fat looking birds that he actually hadn't seen before. Within incredibly quick timing, four kunai were in his right hand and he had thrown them at each bird. He hit his targets perfectly as the once living birds dropped dead. The black haired teen retrieved his kunai and after tucking them back into his clothes, he picked up one of the birds for himself since there was at least one bird for everyone. "Issy, didn't you say you could cook earlier?"

(Don't worry about it, I was gone for the majority of Monday and Tuesday. You literally have nothing to worry about lol, especially since this rp isn't necessarily that fast anyways.)

Tsukiko followed at her own pace, arms crossed as she kept her eyes on Cher. Though it didn't seem like it, the woman was actually keeping her hands close to her guns, ready to fire off a few rounds into this demon's head if she pulled anything. Tsukiko wasn't one to take chances with her life, even if she felt there wasn't much to live for at this point.

Birds? How barbaric. Her nearly red eyes barely glanced at the 'food', not lifting a finger as she watched Ray shoot them all down with kunai. Making sure to still be behind Cher, Tsukiko slipped over and plucked up one of the small limp bodies, inspecting it curiously. Right through the heart... He has good aim. She didn't say anything to the group, simply raising her eyes back up to watch Cher again.

@Yellow Swan @KayIa @Mikailgirl

Issadora trailed behind, but Tsukiko was even further back. The gap between the three of them wasn't comforting, as if foreshadowing. Cher bouncing, what seemed to be, giddily. She had driven us to some kind winged creatures that could only be compared to a bird.

Ray pulled out his Kunais, which of course Issadora didn't know what they were. The metal 'spikes' flew swift and quickly bringing the birds down.

"Issy, didn't you say you could cook earlier?" Ray commented picking one of them up. Her face went sour for a moment before quickly smiling,

"Oh, yes sir I did!" Issadora picked up one of the other creatures, inspecting it. She pulled out her pocked knife and slowly cut off the head of the bird in her hand. She held it upside down to let the blood drain.

"But I'm going to need a fire... Or at least some kind of heat source." Issadora looked up at Cher, but quickly moved her eyes to Tsukiko.

@KayIa @Cherrywitch @Mikailgirl

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray scratched the back of his head and for one of the first times so far, he gave a nervous smile. It wasn't big but it was noticeable and had the ability to shrink people's fears and melt away sadness temporarily. "Yeeeahhh I haven't quite figured out how to get a fire going out here." He chuckled softly before his arm fell to his side and his nervous smile dropped.

"I doubt anyone is making any kind of fire with this downpour." Tsukiko's sudden voice was almost startling after being quiet for the entire trek, but as usual she didn't seem to notice in the slightest. "Here."

A purple lighter was tossed carelessly at Ray. "I used to smoke... It should work still. But it won't light soaked wood." She nodded to the trees beside them, the branches heavy with rainfall.

Feeling eyes on her, Tsukiko flicked her own sharp ones to Issy with a cocked brow, as if questioning what she wanted. The eyes turned away with an indifferent attitude, refocusing on Ray.

@KayIa @Yellow Swan @Mikailgirl

“Fire?” She’s already stuffing her face with one bird, eating it raw. “I don’t know what that is but, if you want to get out of the rain you can follow me home. I don’t mind unless you already found a place to sleep away from the cold.”

She wipes the blood off her face as she chews on a bone

@KayIa @Cherrywitch @Yellow Swan

@Lekar

"No matter what, I'll make sure you make it back alive to be welcomed as a hero," Alicia said, her hands gripped at her sides. "You truly don't deserve to be here; you were defended both yourself and your family. I...was only defending my foolish heart. I did something horrible Nate, and I can never take it back." The young woman remembered that day, when blood gushed forth from Seth's back, draining him of his life. She had tried to save him. Her hands had shaken when she applied bandage after bandage, and yet crimson seeped through. The cut was too deep, and she had severed his spinal cord. Just as she had intended to.

Just when she could see a lake in the distance, a creature crawled near the corner of her vision. She froze in her steps. The thing crept in the shadows and vanished out of sight. Her muscles taught, Alicia's hand shot to her bow and clutched it with an iron grip. With her other hand, she drew forth an arrow from her quiver.

"There's something nearby," she whispered, glancing behind her.

Nate jumped at her words, immediately ducking down in a defensive stance, hand on his rapier.

"So, we have to fight stuff for simple stuff like water. Lovely."

His eyes dart in every direction, heart racing. She had the range advantage, but Nate had never been in a real fight. She handles her bow with some hint of skill, so she must know what she's doing. The most Nate has ever done is swung a stick around with friends when he was a child. The rapier is one of the sturdiest, lightest, and most reliable swords he could think of, but that means nothing if he has no experience.

While he does train, he's going to be heavily reliant on others for his defence until he's actually decent enough to fight for himself.

"I hope you know your way around that thing, I'd hate to end up with an arrow through my head."

Nate stood calmly for a few seconds, listening to the tiniest noises available, looking for his attacker.​

Oz frowned. The girl was still very clearly distraught about all of this. Oz was too, but now was not the time to reflect on whatever they both did. He pretty much had four years out here to reflect.

"Hey," he crooned, hoping to calm her and get her to focus back in on the situation at hand. They were in a dark and dreary wasteland with no food or water to speak of. "When we get back, we can ask for forgiveness, and build our lives up again. We'll be like Phoenixes." He gave her a small smile. Maybe if he kept this cheery, optimistic demeanor up, it would help her keep some hope. And, hey. Maybe he'll start believing this stuff too. The self-talk was still there.

"You really believe this, shit? Don't kid yourself. You'll last two more days max."

He had to mentally shake it from his mind, though. If he was going to survive, hell if she was going to survive, they both had to start thinking positively... at least for the time being.

@RomanticDaffodil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back