Other A little snippet

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just a little snippet into two of my ocs' lives/relationship))

Elizabeth looked down at her cheap flip-phone her friend Sonya made her buy from the flea market.
She hated having a cell phone, people were constantly calling or texting. Especially Thomas. He'd call her constantly, she would be about to go to sleep, a phone call. She'd be busy cooking Holubtsi, he'd call. Once again, her phone was ringing, and the loud ringtone Sonya picked out while setting up Elizabeth's phone completely engulfed the room.
Rolling her eyes, Elizabeth opened the phone to answer.
"Yes Thomas?" she asked, "Is everything alright?"
"Elizabeth!" Thomas laughed, his voice raising in happiness, "It's great to hear from you!"
Elizabeth tilted her head, "Thomas you called me two hours ago."
"And every time you answer," Thomas smiled.
Elizabeth said nothing for a moment, he was right, no matter what she was up to, she'd always answer when he was calling. No matter what she was doing.
"It's just cause you like me the most," Thomas grinned.
"I will hang up on you now," she frowned.
"No don't go," Thomas jokingly whined.
Despite her irritation with his constant calling, she couldn't deny that she enjoyed hearing his voice, especially his laughter. It was always so warm and friendly, so real.
After a few minutes of banter, Elizabeth was ready to hang up, she needed to get back to her chores and run some errands. And maybe for once, she would leave her cheap old phone at home, but instead she wanted to ask something.
"Thomas, why do you always call me instead of texting like Sonya?" she asked, she bit the inside of her mouth, waiting for his response.
There was a pause on the other end of the line before Thomas finally spoke. "I just...I like hearing your voice. It makes me feel closer to you."
"I like hearing your voice too," she finally admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. Her face warmed up, nobody had ever told her something like that before.
There was a long pause before Thomas spoke again, this time with a hint of nervousness in his voice, "Can I call you more often?"
"As much as I hate calls," Elizabeth started, "Yes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back