• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

A Grand March

Seelenlos

Revived Degenerate
<p>

</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:36px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Prologue</span></span></span></p></div>

<p> <span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:14px;">A light rain fell throughout the surrounding area, hitting the hard & dry ground. It was certainly refreshing to have a cooling afternoon, after a few days of scorching weather. The crude wooden cart where I sat in rocked a bit as the horse continued to move towards their destination. I lied back trying to relax as I listened to the noise of the wheel starting to slug through the increasingly soft ground. Knowing that the rain would cause another delay, I gave a sigh while the noise gradually dimmed. A few minutes passed as I closed my eyes already tired from this long trek, “this cart is quite uncomfortable.” I thought to myself. As I thought the wheels slowly stopped moving as the rain grew heavier. I drank some of the rainwater as it continued to pour drenching my clothes. I sighed again as the driver stopped, we were completely stuck in the mud. “I guess you were right Arthur.” He gave me a sharp look as he got off his horse. “This is what happens when you make the decisions, my lady.” I chuckled a bit while he was obviously annoyed by another result of my folly. He took the sacks of raw grain, containers of wine, and the other provisions we had brought with us and attached them to the horse. He tied them tightly so that it require a fair bit of effort to remove if things were to come to that. He then uncuffed the cart and began to push it through the mud until flipping it over to the side, finally salvaging any parts he could carry such as the axle. He gave a long sigh as he completed his work, at least glad that my choice wasn’t a complete disaster yet. His boots luckily kept most of the mud and water away despite him being caked in it. He went back to the horse and carefully lifted me to the front of the saddle. He took his pike and sat behind. “Your time horse-riding should be useful here. Remember to move slowly and calmly since we’re putting a lot of weight on to this horse. The last thing need is for it to run off or it to collapse into this bog. We’ll stop in the next village we should have enough money to stay for the night and leave. It’s not far off but keep a close eye.” I nodded as the horse steered back into momentum, struggling with the burden of our weight and mud. However, it was strong enough to get through. Arthur constantly looked around to see if no one was to take advantage of our little situation. Fortune for him it seems like the route we took was rarely taken, mostly likely because of the dirt road here. Maybe my sense of judgment is not so misguided after all. Besides that point, Arthur fumed with anger as he unloaded the horse. By the time, we arrived the road was practically a swamp, I and Arthur shivered as both of us were completely soaked in water. We were at a small local village, I took a quick look and saw a few houses they were scattered through the area with only a cobbled road connecting them. The houses were constructed with wattle and daub, a light wooden frame made with twigs that were usually compacted mud, clay, or animal dung. The only exception was the church which was made out of lumber, strange seeing that there were few trees but since it was a place of worship the villagers must have spent their time getting the materials for. Beyond the village, there were a few patches of lands and barns to feed the village and a large windmill also connected with the cobbled road. As I finished my look through the village, Arthur had finished unloading the horse, he tossed a small bag of coins to me and carried to talk with the villagers leaving me to watch the horse. The horse huffed with great exhaustion, still recovering from the march through the road. I stood patiently, waiting for Arthur to get us a room for the night. I wrung some of the water from my hair despite the rain. I sighed as Arthur had left me outside to soak while he was inside one house still talking to the villagers. I guess this is the punishment for my idea, I yawned a bit trying to ignore the coldness, dampness, and misery of staying outside in this weather. After getting drenched again in rain & mud, Arthur had finally gotten the room. I lugged myself towards the house we were staying at while Arthur went back to get the horse and supplies. Throwing myself into the straw bed, I took relief in knowing that I would finally be dry despite still being soaked in water and my shoes being caked in thick mud. After a few moments of rest, I looked around again to see the house walls seeing that a few bits of straw covered in mud and clay stuck up from the wall. There was a small fire in the center with a crude chimney constructed to prevent the smoke from choking up the room along with several beds packed in with a fleece blanket neatly covering the top. I stood up taking off my shoes and sitting near the fire to dry off. I moved back so that my hair would not be too close to the flame. I heard the door slowly open to see that Arthur had come. He carried the few supplies we had left and put them near to fire to also dry. He took off his helmet and sat on the bed opposite to mine. He stood there taking some breaths, tired from the long day. “Don’t go outside. It’s already dark, I have enough to worry about. I don’t need to also worry about your safety.” he quickly blurted out. I chuckled a bit giving a slightly annoyed laugh at his hypocrisy. After Arthur regained his composure he took the rest of his armor. He was wearing a simple brown shirt and black pants underneath all of the layers of steel and padding on his body. He profusely sweated giving off a quite pungent smell from his body. I turned away to avoid some of the smell. After he laid the clothes down, Arthur went to rummaging through his possessions until he could find the map. “At least this is dry.” he said as he laid it across. I glanced at the map to see the jumble of other marks that Arthur had left; he was never a good mapmaker. We were about midway in the journey judging from the crudely drawn lines that stretched across Ravel and Istan. But finding our exact location was fairly difficult since we got lost going up Thomas’ road. “ So, where are we now Arthur?” I said to him. “That’s what I’m trying to find out now.” he retorted. Arthur spends another chunk of time looking through the map for any nearby roads to get a rough idea of where exactly we were. Seeing that his efforts were futile Arthur hit the wall with his fist. “ The only way we can find our location is to finish going up the road.” “ That’s unfortunate I suppose. Maps are a tricky beast to most.” “ Too most? What are you implying miss?” “ Nothing, Nothing at all we should just rest for the night and leave. Today was a wasted day.” “ May I remind you why it was a waste day?” I gave another snicker and got up. I threw the coins on the floor and looked at Arthur. “ Do you think you’re free to go or have you forgotten who I am?” Arthur gave an ambivalent look, but from his posture I could tell that I had hit a nerve. But oh well, it was his choice to leave me out the rain. </span></span><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Author's Note: </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:14px;">This is a story that I am currently writing. I am now working on Chapter one which will be posted later on. The purpose of the first post is just to see how the concept, setting, and characters hold up and to give the reader a sense of the story. With that said, any feedback or criticism is welcome since it is a work in progress. Thank you for reading.</span></span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back