• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Galaxy Divided (Space RP)

Char Introductions?

• Have character introductions where they're recruited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make a main post where all the chars meet up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kat glanced at the helmet. Her real name... No, it wasn't something she had forgotten. It was really impossible to forget something, once you had a computer in your head. It just wasn't something she remembered on a regular basis. Not something she needed to remember.

The question had a different tone to it. Does it hurt? Kat glanced down at the empty port. She remembered when they put in the drive in her head. Forced it. The group she was with then said it was necessary. Kat closed her eyes, letting the feelings ride over her and dissipate. She looked back at Quill.

"Only when I get a virus. Do you... know your real name? Do you remember it?"

Quill walked over to Rhys' screen as she thought, and it shrunk into a smaller one. He tapped away on it, doing something. Quill nodded as she stated that. It'd probably be pretty painful if she got a virus, sure. Not very fun to get one on your computer.

When she asked about his name, he stopped tapping. He didn't respond, he just seemed frozen. In reality, it seemed like seconds, but to him, it seemed like hours. He had never known his actual name, nor did he question it. Everyone just called him Quill, no questions were asked, and he didn't care. Now the thirst for the answer burned inside him. He tried to delve into his memories, but only got as far as his recruitment for his first job.

His head twitched to the side and a bright white light flashed in his mind's eye, from a memory. He felt trapped and scared, like a caged animal. With a shake of his head, it intensified.

"What the..."

Suddenly, he felt a life-like jolt of pain run down his spine, and he was brought to his knees. It was like a white-hot whip was lashed down the entire length of his spinal cord. He let out a primal grunt, and he remembered a single word, spoken in a strange language, as he was ejected back into reality. He blacked out from the pain as it echoed through his mind as if a group was repeating it over and over.

Perfection.

@Vespertide

(( O.o ))

Kat couldn't actually see inside the helmet, but when she asked about his name, it must've been a sensitive subject for him. She watched as his head twitched, the helmet following his movement perfectly.

"Quill?"

He stumbled, said something incoherent, and dropped to his knees. Kat dropped to her knees besides him, caught his shoulders. "Quill? What's going on?"

Quill suddenly fell forward, and Kat caught him. Gently she laid him on the ground, and ran a hand through her thick black hair. What to do what to do... He wasn't dead, was he?

She'd have to take off his helmet to be sure. What if there was some kind of security? What if Quill woke up and decided that anyone who saw his face must die?

Okay, that last one was probably an exaggeration, but still. She doubted she even knew how to get his helmet off. She put her ear to his chest, but she heard nothing. Either he was dead or the suit was muffling the sound of his hopefully beating heart.

What did he call the computer? Rhys?

"Rhys? Can you contact the building above?"

Unauthorized contact not available for guests.

"Can I leave, then? Quill is... I don't know."

Unauthorized exits not available for guests.

"Dumb computer. If only I could hack you..." Kat muttered under her breath. She turned back to Quill. In a sudden fury she banged on his chest. "Wake up, Quill! I can't get out of here if you don't."

She felt around the edge of his helmet, searching for any way to take it off. Eventually she felt the back of his helmet and felt a button. That when she pressed, it pulled the helmet off and retracted behind him. She felt his neck, and felt a pulse. Steady, maybe, she didn't usually check pulses. Okay, so he was alive. And not bad looking. Should she try to revive him?

Or wait for him to wake up?

Kat leaned back against the wall, thinking. I'll wait. He'll probably not kill me if I just wait.

((Sorry for the late response.))

Quill had experienced this once before. It around a year ago, and someone questioned if he could get out of his suit. Then, he had a breakdown like this and told Wolfe. He wasn't happy, and threatened to kill him then and there. Wolfe said his job is not to question anything, only perform the actions given to him.

Now, he was in some kind of dream world mixed in with his memories. Well, what he assumed were his memories. Being strapped down, machines whirring, his spine, a...name.

Erik.

There actually was a long rectangle going down the length of his spine from the back of his skull. The helmet separated below the optical sensors, and each part went along his skin, folding into the spinal piece. Upon close examination, there was also a little slot on the bottom of the first section of the part of the armor integrated into his spine.

Quill's eyes fluttered for a second before sitting up. He was breathing heavily and quickly. As he realized he wasn't looking through his optical sensor, he reached up to his head and felt his own skin.

"What?!"

He looked at Kat, a look of pure confusion on his face.

"What?! What did you do?! You can't just take my helmet off, Kat!"

Quill rubbed his face, sighing. Hold on, he remembered his name.

"I remember...my name. I know my name."

He looked at Kat with excitement and stood up.

"I finally know my real name! Thank you!"

Quill quickly went over to her and gave her a hug. Maybe he was a little too excited.

@Vespertide

Rorik stabbed the soldier, then slipped past the other guards and made his way onto the street. It was good to be home.

Despite the arrival of so much new technology, the city of Dublin still seemed to be stuck in the past. Well, this street at least. The road was cobbled, the buildings old, and there were few electrical lights. Lanterns and candles were plentiful.

Rorik walked up to the oldest building, and knocked on the door. This was the HQ of the Urish rebels, which was ironic. This building was once used in the 1916 rising, when Irish rebels fought British soldiers. Difference was now, Irish rebels and British were working close together in effort to free their islands.

The door opened, and a gun was pointed at Rorik's face. A few seconds later it was lowered, and the rebel saluted.

"Sir, it's good you're here. We needed you." The rebel said happily.

"Thanks for the warm welcome." Rorik replied, then he stepped inside. "I'll meet the other leaders tomorrow. Is there q room I can rest?"

"Yes sir. Upstairs, the first room on your left."

"Thank you. Or go maith. I've been gone too long."

Rorik headed to his room, stored away his weapons and armour. Then he laid down on the tough mattress, and drifted off to sleep.

Quillicious said:
"What?!"
He looked at Kat, a look of pure confusion on his face.

"What?! What did you do?! You can't just take my helmet off, Kat!"

Quill rubbed his face, sighing. Hold on, he remembered his name.

"I remember...my name. I know my name."

He looked at Kat with excitement and stood up.

"I finally know my real name! Thank you!"

Quill quickly went over to her and gave her a hug. Maybe he was a little too excited.
Kat had counted the number of exits (one), tiles in the ceiling (fifty-three), number of floor panels (also fifty-three), and was starting on her exercises (telekineticedly lifting various objects) when Quill woke up.

Needless to say, he wasn't happy when he found out she took off his mask. Helmet, whatever. Kat listened to him, and dropped the three chairs she was holding up. Well, set them down gently. He then looked at her with pure excitement, and said he remembered his real name.

And then he proceeded to give her a hug.

The last time she was hugged was back during a mission. A little boy had been crying in the streets because he had lost his parents in a rebel raid. Though Quill was definitely not that little boy, and she wasn't hugging him to console him, she still returned the hug. His name? Kat thought sullenly. Why do we need to forget our own names? Who we were before all of this?

"You're welcome, I guess," Kat told him, gently pushing him off. "What... is it? Your name, I mean. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine."

She didn't think Wolfe would care if she or Quill remembered their names, but he might. Now that Quill knew his real name, Kat was curious to see if she could find hers. Kat just hoped she wouldn't pass out like Quill did.

But what use would it be? She was Kat, now. She would be till Wolfe let her go (never) or until she died. That other girl was the daughter of a drug addict who was sold. She was weak, she didn't matter. What did it matter what her real name was?

@Quillicious

Quill backed off and assumed a solemn expression. He remembered he had a job to do. As he cleared his throat, the man swiftly brushed a hand across the back of his neck, his helmet covering his face once more.

"My name is Quill. That's the only one that matters."

His usual cold air returned as he spoke, the business-like, brisk tone clear. The only thing that mattered what his job. Personal matters, names, feelings. They weren't worth his time. He brushed himself off and stepped toward the door.

"We're done here. Forget this ever happened."

@Vespertide

Everything seemed to be in order.Every rebel was doing their job and Marco's drug dealer was going to arrive at any moment.The normal person would have to go to the pharmacy to get their prescription but because Marco was with the rebels and the employees believed in their cause,a rebel courier could get it for him,with the help of a squad of course.Soon,the man arrived with a large bag filled with vials neatly organized into containers.Marco took the bag off of him and headed to his quarters in the base.He could hear all of the activity in the base and as he entered his room,everything became silent.He slowly walked over to his bed and sat down with the bag in his lap.He unzipped it and marveled at the drugs.Marco then pulled out the currently empty vials in his mask and inserted two new ones.The liquid was immediately turned into gas an released inside.Marco tilted his head back,closed his eyes,and breathed it in almost in ecstacy.He could feel his nerves calming down and his brain settling.His eyes went back to the half closed position and he put more vials into a container in his combat hoodie for later.Then he stood back up and walked downstairs into one of the hangars.He was scheduled to fix some vehicles and that's exactly what he did.After everyone else's vehicles,however,he also did some work on his personal hoverbike.It was a monstrous machine with heavy armor and vicious weapons.It was almost time to get back to impersonating.He continued working on the hoverbike until it was time to go.

Target Black Van... Speed Limit 45, Speed of van 90... "Perfect I just need to send info from the van then get out". He took out his pistol from his holster and shot the wheels it made a loud poping sound right before it stoped the door opened. He pulled out his sword and sliced 2 gaurds in front of the door the driver payed no attion the driver was doing something but he didn't care.He sliced through the seat and clean out of his chest percing the drivers heart then there was beeping he looked at the left and there was a bomb. Beep beep beep 30 seconds left beep beep beep. He starts typing the info with numbers and letters flying across the screen SENDING... SENDING... COMPLETE."Good" 2 seconds left beeb beeb. He jumps out a few seconds before the explosion "oh I forgot about the meeting I'm gunna be super late!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Shin goes in the building really shaky and nervous that he might get in big trouble are he missed all of it so he darts. When he meant the two guard's that blocked his way "HEY I need to get in there quick" shin said " what's your name" the guard's say "HEY I NEED TO GO" they reply the same thing. So shin said angrily "shin or war fox" they say "why didn't you say so" "JUST LET ME IN". They open up and I dart past them and meet the other guard before he could speak I bust the door open. Panting in the helmet " I....am......here......" it is looks like everyone is dead silent " so....". "ok so what's happing right now ok I'm late I get it I wont do it next time...".

Quillicious said:
"My name is Quill. That's the only one that matters."
His usual cold air returned as he spoke, the business-like, brisk tone clear. The only thing that mattered what his job. Personal matters, names, feelings. They weren't worth his time. He brushed himself off and stepped toward the door.

"We're done here. Forget this ever happened."
Kat narrowed her eyes. Okay, that was weird. One minute he's hugging me and the next he's Mr. Brooding again? What is with this guy?

"Fine. Back to Wolfe's then." Kat folded her arms. "For the record, you're kinda cute under that helmet." She smirked at her last comment.

((Sorry, probably should've waited for your response, but... @Quillicious ))

Quill sighed and shook his head. Adjectives like that impeded the progress of the mission at hand by establishing affection. The mission always comes first. Kat should've known that by now.

"Shut up, don't call me cute. This relationship is strictly for business. Anything like that, and you'll get a deduction from your pay, Wolfe's orders. Now, come on. Wolfe has a mission for us. Rhys, offline mode."

Acknowledged.

While the lights dimmed and the screen turned off, Quill grabbed Kat's hand and pulled her to the elevator. He didn't let go as they ascended, but when they exited it and joined the others in Wolfe's office, he let it go, not looking at her at all.

@Vespertide

Wolfe raised an eyebrow as Quill and Black Fox entered. He had always been a suspiscious person, and that's how he survived. Sadly, he didn't have access to Rhys remotely, but he wondered what took them so long. Must've been inexperience from Black Fox with Rhys.

'Now, I need you all to listen very carefully. In Europe, the rebellion is extremely strong, especially in Ireland and Britain. I've gotten word of a large grouping in Dublin soon. A lot of small hits have been reported on some outposts in that area, 9 small attacks in less than 2 weeks. That's completely unacceptable. The Wolves have kept it under control until now, so you're going in. The Lycans, your new team name. Excuse my theme of using my last name to label everything, but whatever. So study up on the area while you're traveling, and let's go kick some arse.'

Kat smirked, and stepped out of the elevator. "No need to be handsy. I was getting out of there anyways."

She followed him into Wolfe's office, the date on the forefront of her mind. What did it mean? What could it possibly mean? It was a date, and it was a city. No way it could be confidential. And it was weird, the way Quill reacted... To the date, to his own name. It was the kind of conditioning she had seen in several soldiers. Conditioned to think and behave in a certain way until something, like his real name, got in the way of that.

What happened... No. It wasn't important. Quill certainly wasn't her friend, and he wasn't a part of some mission. Still, that was useful information... If she ever needed him to react like that again, she only had to ask him about his name.

Kat went against the wall again, and listened to what Wolfe had to say.

Quillicious said:
'Now, I need you all to listen very carefully. In Europe, the rebellion is extremely strong, especially in Ireland and Britain. I've gotten word of a large grouping in Dublin soon. A lot of small hits have been reported on some outposts in that area, 9 small attacks in less than 2 weeks. That's completely unacceptable. The Wolves have kept it under control until now, so you're going in. The Lycans, your new team name. Excuse my theme of using my last name to label everything, but whatever. So study up on the area while you're traveling, and let's go kick some arse.'
Ireland... When was the last time she had even been in Europe? Ah, she remembered. Paris, 2043. She was stealing a pair of statues that now looked lovely in her storage room. Two faeries, worth 2 million each. Good times.

Lycans. Great. One problem, she didn't work in groups. She worked alone. She always worked alone. That way she didn't have to worry about idiots messing everything. She glanced around the room. Granted, these people wouldn't be in this room if they were idiots. But they were still people. People made mistakes, decisions she couldn't account for. That was the real issue.

She now only had one question. Many more would come, but this one would do.

"When do we leave?"

@Quillicious

Hunter 3 watched the two humans arrive, but basically ignored the when Wolfe started speaking. His commander would have the absolute attention of the robot.

Hunter was an oddity. Not like mindless drones, but actually sentient. True it had no emotion, but that didn't mean it was not capable of thinking on it's own. However, Wolfe and it's other officers had all of Hunter's loyalty. Quill may command him, but really it was all up to Wolfe. For now.

LS-1 glanced at two as they returned, they were gone for awhile. He thought nothing of it and paid attention to Wolfe. He frowned when Wolfe gave them an outline of their mission. He had read about the Irish insurgency several years ago. They were a much more coordinated and thorough enemy than the Hajis he fought in Lagos. Or so he read. That war was before his time.

He replied to Wolfe in an upbeat manner. "Aye aye, sir." LS-1 turned to look at Quill. He assumed their leader/boss/handler had arranged some form of transportation, and would lead the way.

MAPAT

(EXECUTING VIDEO FEED...)

(LOADING...)

MAPAT was shut off , gathering dust in the armory.

It's tracks were silent as they stood still, as it was not noticeable as the room was pitch black.

The engine sprang to life with a loud Growl, The hull started to shake with the sudden movement.

Morinth

_________

17 Hours Ago...

"I'm sure I can find someone better for this job, Morinth. After all, you're nothing but a second-class soldier."

"Maybe, but I'm a hell of a lot better than any damn soldier you've ever met. What the fuck do you want from me?"

"Language, dear. I want you to join my army. You'll be well compensated, don't worry about that." Wolfe's smooth voice rolled through the phone, promising the bounty hunter great riches. Kara wasn't convinced though. She knew Wolfe was a snake, and she hated snakes. "I just need you to fight for me, that's all. Think of it as an extended contract, nothing more."

"God, it sounds so tempting. After all, you're just my favorite person." She murmured, sarcasm dripping from her lips. Morinth began to tap a booted foot rapidly on her concrete floor as she thought out the best move. She wanted to say no, knowing the man's motives and what he did, but the amount of money he was offering banished all rational thought the the girl's head.

"Double it, and I'm in."

"Don't be ridiculous. You're already getting more than anyo-"

"I don't give a shit if I'm making a million times more than everyone else you have combined. You obviously called me because you know what I'm capable of, so don't try to bullshit me and pretend you don't have quadrillions or whatever stashed away. I want 100 million dollars, or you can go fuck yourself. It's as simple as that."

"Fine, deal. Now get your ass over here and start fighting, before I change my mind." Wolfe ended the call, leaving Kara a happy -- and rich -- woman. This promised to be the easiest job she ever taken on, and she was being paid the biggest lump of cash she'd ever even thought about.

"Well, I'd better pack my shit up and ship out. Best not keep the asshole waiting."

Presently...

"Out of my way, boys, Morinth is here!" The huntress walked past the two door guards, shoving them both aside when they tried to stop her from advancing. "And let's not get handsy, either." The guards glanced at one another, signing and leaving the bounty hunter alone.

Morinth entered a large room filled to the brim with strange, probably asshole people. Most of them looked like the typical Batman before Robin, with that, 'I work alone.' motto that was so popular nowadays. She walked up to Wolfe, placing her hands on her hips and smiling bitterly. "Sorry, everyone, I'm a bit late to the party. Mind filling me in, boss?" The word boss came out sounding like more of an insult that she'd intended, but decided not to care if she'd upset him.

She doubted she looked like anyone else there. A studded leather jacket, black, heeled combat boots, a simple white wrap around her breasts, and a pair of torn up skinny jeans. Everyone else had armor, whereas she preferred style over functionality.

Wolfe looked up as Morinth entered. He gave her a tired look and sighed. This one was trouble, the money he had spent to recruit her was probably too much, but he had basically infinite amounts of cash at his disposal.

"I suppose, Morinth. I need you all to take out the rebels before they bugger my hold on this System. Pair up with someone and board the transport. Hold on, there's an odd number of y-"

Spades kicked in the door and put his hands on his hips. Man, he loved dramatic entrances like that. It was what fueled him. Quill, on the other hand, slapped a hand to his helmet.

'Sup, bitches? Heard you need a pilot.'

"Shut up, Spades."

"Nevermind, then. Now, pair up with someone, I don't care who you choose. Hunter, await placement by a human or...whatever species they are."

Quill looked over the group and hung back, deciding on waiting for someone to come to him. Spades looked over Morinth with a smirk. He walked up to her with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

'Hey, girl. Wanna kick some ass with this badass?'

MAPAT : Online , no hostile contacts (Arizona HQ)

It moved forward, the tracks squeaked loudly under the pressure of the tank.

The tracks crush a metal ammo crate, causing a small explosion to shake the ground.

MAPAT quickly backs up as the explosion is detected, Crashing through the armory entrance.

the turret turns to the side , knocking over another wall.

@ anyone in triton hq...

@Quillicious

Kat walked past the two... people who were late. She had to roll her eyes. Those two were either too over-confident and would never blend in to mainstream society. She definitely wasn't going to work with them.

She stood in front of Quill. "Wanna be my partner? I'm not overly fond of working with people, but I've seen your work."

She glanced at Wolfe's direction. She had no idea why Quill had to wear the helmet the whole time, but she valued her life and decided not to reveal what he looked like without it on. She threw a questioning glance at him. "That cool with you, Wolfe?"

@Quillicious

Wolfe didn't look up as Kat spoke. He was busy at the moment, and wanted them to leave ASAP. The longer they waited, the closer the rebels were to attacking. Wolfe preferred a long distance between the rebellion and his important things.

"I couldn't care less, Ms. Fox. I do care about my production facilities in the United Kingdom, and if you all could bugger off that'd be quite nice. I'm not his mum, nor am I yours. You're all adults, here, so stop mucking about. Get on with it.

"Whatever. Just don't get in my way and we'll have a good partnership. I can tolerate a good partner, but an annoying one might get 'accidentally' shot."

'Ooh, big, bad Quill here! Let's just get it over with, the ship's fired up. So, whaddya say, gorgeous?'

Quill scoffed and walked out. Spades waved his hands in the air and rolled his eyes, then followed. They led the way to the hangar, but nothing was there. Then, Spades snapped his fingers and a ship decloaked.

'Here's my baby. You scratch it, I tear your vital organs out one by one.'

mateja_01.jpg

@Vespertide @Clairvoyance @Rathalosa @OGTomahawk

Hunter nodded it's head slightly, and moved to obey the human. After that, the robot basically ignored the rest of the useless chatter. Humans could be so irritating at times.

Hunter 3 just stood attention. The second a direct order was given, he would act. But otherwise he had nothing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back