• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Futuristic, Fantasy, Romance Plot (Be prepared for a long post)

AgentFire

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening depending on wherever you are in the world. It's your friendly neighborhood AgentFire!

Now, as some of you may have noticed, I've been putting a lot of plots out. And a lot of them (including this one) involve my Mini species. This is due to me wanting to experiment in a direction I have not yet explored. And this plot is going to delve deeper into this direction, exploring a different timeline to previous Mini plots.

As always, before I will dive into the details of the plot, I'd like to offer a recap of Minis, so you know what you're getting into. I have 3 categories: Size, Survivability, and Abilities. Let's get right into it.

Minis

Size

Minis are small. Obviously. But how small are they you ask? Well, throughout the years, I've bounced back and forth, but generally I land around the size of an ant. So yes, they are indeed really small. And no, I'm sorry, they cannot change their size. There is no magic potion, no power of science, no nothing that will make them grow bigger or smaller. I know that many concerns may pop to mind, but hopefully, all your concerns will be addressed as we continue. Now, onto...

Survivability

Because, I know I've had so many people worry about accidentally killing them. Well, to be flat out honest, that's highly unlikely. They're not human, nor do they follow human physics. They look human (except for size of course), but that's only on the outside. On the inside, they're completely different. As opposed to bones, organs, and blood, they have one substance flowing through their body: Clayminite. It's named for how it works with Minis. You see, if they were to be stepped on, sat on, or crushed in any way, they're body will flatten and conform to the space they're in. It's rather similar to clay. However, unlike Clay, after they're freed from their confined space, they can return to their normal shape. They cannot however, decide they want to be flat and become flat. It'll only happened if they're forced that way. Now for those of you still concerned as to what happens if they're accidentally eaten, or stored in the freezer, or fall into lava, etc. They're skin is highly temperature resistant. In fact, Minis can survive on the surface of the Sun just fine, just to give you an idea. So that also should be of no concern. But now, there's some of you thinking that they're too overpowered. And to that I say, "Maybe." But, I would like to acknowledge two weaknesses. The first being old age, which is somewhere around 90, similar to humans. The second, is gold. Now just touching gold is fine. But being pierced with gold will result in a devastating wound, if not death. So they're not invincible, but like other fictitious fantasy species, they are hard to kill. Finally...

Abilities

As for abilities, they're few, but they well increase their ability to interact with humans. And these two abilities happen to tie together nicely, but first off, I'll cover the basic one. When a Mini can establish a physical connection between another Mini, or a human, they can establish a mental one as well. How do they establish a physical connection? Well, their bare skin must be touching the bare skin of the other party. And then, with this physical/mental connection, the two can communicate through thought. And for the second ability, with this same connection, if both parties are open to it, they can enter a vivid fantasy dream. In this place, anything can happen. A Mini and a human could even be the same size. Now this fantasy dream doesn't last forever, or even that long, but it can make being with a Mini easier. And a bonus is, if you die in the fantasy dream, you... don't die in real life. So it's completely safe and real feeling.

Plot

With an explanation of Mini's now given, here's the plot I had in mind.

In this world, it's the year 2216. The timeline of the Earth has evolved differently due to the humans and Minis growing and evolving together. Technology is rather advanced, as it needs to be to cater to each individual species. Minis and humans co-exist, and both (for the most part) strive for equality. However, despite this, there are still things considered taboo... Namely, romantic relationships between humans and Minis. It's generally not accepted by society, which is where our characters come in. My guy and your girl have been friends for a few years, and as time continues on, both characters have began to develop feelings for each other. My guy is a Mini, while your girl is a human. Neither has expressed these feeling, just do to the way society treats it. But with this RP, will they come to find love, or will it all be for not?

Rules

Yeah, I know, I don't really like rules either. But, every good RP needs a few. Think of these as guidelines, if you will. That's a less harsh term.

1. I'm looking for somebody willing to post at least 1-3 medium length paragraphs per post. I'll generally try to match, but I cannot guarantee that if you give me 1,000 paragraphs, I'll be able to give that back (or even come close :P )

2. I'm looking for somebody to play a female character. I'm personally not very good at females, and can only attempt to do basic characters. And seeing as I only enjoy the MxF pairing, it works best this way.

3. I'm looking for somebody who can write replies with minimal typos and grammatical errors. We're all human, I'm sure I'll make a few mistakes as well, but please try to keep it to a minimum.

4. I'm looking for somebody who can respond a few times a day. I'm not asking for instant responses, but I enjoy coming here, and seeing a response when I check. I know I won't always be able to respond immediately, especially during the evening (EST), but I like to try.

5. I'm looking for somebody who's not just a roleplay partner, but a friend. I don't quite enjoy RPs where it's all RP, and no OOC dialogue. I like to get to know who I'm roleplaying with. This isn't a requirement, but it'd certainly be nice.

Well, if you've seen everything, and are still interested, then by all means, please post below. I will respond with a PM, where we can discuss whatever we need to, before hopping into the RP. Thanks so much <3 You're all amazing

-AgentFire

Hey! I'd be interested in this, but I have a few concerns I'd like to talk to you about if you want to RP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back