• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A fate/zero rp

Bacon is fluffy

Wut'n th'name of davy jonez lockr is uh sall-add?
So I'm new here and don't really know how to bb code my way out of a paper bag, but I want to make a run or participate in an rp set in the fate universe. The thing is, there's a few things you should know before I pitch my idea.

First things first, fate/stay night is the naruto of the franchise and zero is the rewrite everyone says they could do to one up the original. Night had its good points, but it was marred by awful on so many fronts. Take archer from unlimited budget works. He found out being a hero who killed the few to save the many was about as empty as doing nothing in the first place.

Many stories surrounding acts of your stereotypical hero involve being attached to the situation, knowing the people they want to protect and having an antagonist who shares opposite views. But archer learned that you can't kill others to save people and feel heroic simply because you saved people. He found out the hard way, that when you take the human element out of the picture, you simply become a murderer.

But as stated previously, for every glimpse of hope you had a mountain of shit following suit. You get forced romances, fanservice, dates and on top of that, a crappy version of goku. A boy who knew nothing of magic suddenly became strong enough to kill magi who trained their whole life. Yea... I'm a believer when it comes to the underdog, but no matter how much I want to be a basketball star, hope can't overcome me being 5 foot 8. Lol

So yes I want to basically pretend night never existed. There's no reason to draw anything significant from a shonen with sex. A shonen which has "crucial" information sprinkled in each story arc. A story which is written like each arc is easy, medium and large. I largely don't want anything to do with that umm... Story(being nice).

So let's move foreward, what do I want eh? This rp would at heart be original within the universe. There's still going to be the Grail, but it's not just some randomly corrupted piece of machinary corrupted by a emo guy who was sad, nor is it the actual cup just like in the story.

I want everyone to make their own masters and servants with their own powers. As tribute to the series as a whole including night, to make masters based off this verse. When to comes to the masters you'll have creative freedom, essentially being mages in the zero setting. As for servants, you have to follow the general rules surrounding them, but you can make stuff up to make gods and high level demons(Baal) servants if your reasoning for their fall is good enough. The masters profile will be public and that will serve as the reason your characters would or would not have some inkling of who eachother is. Your servants will be submitted privately and approved before going foreward.

The idea is simple, I want to create a competition between players and leave servants as unknowns. The only thing I require is when you rp as them, you must sprinkle clues in everything they do and say, but just enough so others have to solve the mystery.

As the GM, I'd mostly plan on using outside elements as a catalyst for new events. The church wouldn't be so neutral and the player doing the priest, is the only one who knows of the grails nature. Along with the church other elements like the clock tower no longer leaving it up to one person to obtain it.

Too much happens in zero for nobody to have not noticed the giant tentacle monsters or mass killings and Michael bat explosions, so the elements of exposing magic will also be more prominent.

As for combat itself, I still haven't decided what type it would be. I'm leaning toward normal rp narrative and trusting people to think logically and justify every action, but if people want dice we can go that way too.(assuming there is interest)

Tl;dr a very zero- apocrypha esque roleplay. Mostly putting wizards and mages in a fate setting and during it out with powerful legends from the past to obtain an enigmatic wish granting device. That's what I want to do. If you don't join, I will kill you to you die to death!

Haha sweet. I'll probably have this up later tonight. Not sure if I can handle doing everything on my phone.

I've got a few ideas on how to set up the rp's premise, but I'd like to base the opening post off the characters who are posted.

So here's the character sign up thread. Once I have a few people set up their own, I can reference their involvement and adjust my plans for my outside factions.

Fate/Rp | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

For anyone that's interested

8XyRP58.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back