A different world: Hye

Zilvmay

I am a writer/artist (mostly I work on comics) and thought it would be fun to start up a game based in one of the worlds I've imagined.

I don't per-say have a story plot figured out just yet, but the setting and possible races are thoughtfully figured out.

But it is a planet called Hye.

It is a planet filled with magic and technology. Most rely on technology as it is easier and less exhausting, but there are those who choose to train in the ways of magic for fun (illusions and minor tricks)or function(fighting or fueling a home). In fact, there are factions in the world militia for both.

There are nine countries on Hye, and they are elementally or (roughly) directionally aligned. There are respectively nine races on this planet, most of whom stick to their own native lands, but sometimes in the larger cities they mingle.

• north-air
  • south-earth
  • east-fire
  • west-water
  • northeast- light/order
  • southwest-darkness/chaos
  • northwest-ice
  • southeast-lightning
  • Cardinal Island

They have a pantheon of angels, who, save for the Cardinal Angel, are mortals who ascended into immortality through their own selfless deeds or livelihood. Though the Cardinal Angel is the original immortal, and the creator of this world, she chose not to be a goddess above the rest, but to be an equal amongst worthy peers. The angels then watch over and guide the races they originated from.

I plan on posting more about each race, as I fine tune them (mostly coming up with names and such) so I can properly explain them and share. I will also add more when I come up with some sort of plot.

I am willing to explain anything you think i left out or should touch on.

If you are interested, let me know! 
Cardinal Island

The center point of Hye, and capitol, inhabited by an Elven sub-race that governs the world (though not necessarily a dictatorship). With in their own borders they run a semi-monarchy led by females of an ancient family. Though the island is geographically small, it plays as home to almost as much as Greenstone, the largest city on Hye in the 'earth' country Naiimera.

The people have an elf like appearance, with long pointed ears that stick straight out with no curves. they tend to have pale to olive skin tone, depending on how much time they spend in the sun. Though their eyes and hair are both brown in color, they can be of any shade. Their hair has at least one streak of blonde in it (it can easily be dyed, but will naturally grow back as blonde). The eyes have pupils that reflect the same color as their irises, making it seem as if the have no pupils at all, and gives them a youthful appearance.

Unlike the other races of Hye, they do not have an influence of any specific element.

So for a story line, I had a few different directions in mind. I was really wanting to find a way to have the races all in the same place, so people can be whom ever. I was hoping to get some feedback as to which you would rather do?

It could easily go as an action type, where a common threat is making a small faction from several nations fight together. Where in different races work together.

or

a since of life kind where they are sorting out making a new city on one of the borders that plays home to sevral races.

or

a resort or lodging where people from all over come, and collide with new people.

I've got a map ready to go and am working on fine tuning the rest.

Once I get everything updated and scanned in I will start a thread.

upyqa5uh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back