• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A deal Forged in Blood (Closed)

Her scream echoed through the store, piercing the quiet music that played to sooth buyer's nerves. Mathias yanked her further back into the shadows behind a large dresser and sank his teeth into her neck. The blood bubbled up, wetting his tongue with warm, thick fluid. He sucked, drawing more blood from the vein, knowing that at any moment someone might arrive and he might have to throw her aside.

Her blood wasn't as much to his taste as he had hoped, but it was still pretty good. He wrapped an arm around her to still her struggling, but she was fighting against him. His sharp fangs ripped through her skin, making a jagged gash along her throat that resulted in more blood. He licked it up greedily, then was torn away by inhumanly strong arms.

Another vampire. Mathias looked into silvery grey eyes that were flashing with rage.

Ross had heard her scream, then smelled her blood. He was running, cutting across the store, sprinting toward her scent. His eyes locked on a blonde vampire who had her in an arm lock, his mouth to her throat. As he closed the distance between them the man's fangs ripped violently through Melody's flesh. Ross wrenched the other vampire away, sending him flying across the room.

He caught Melody who was badly bleeding and held her by the shoulders. The scent of her blood was overwhelming and Ross wanted with every fiber of his being to bite her, but he couldn't. Any more blood loss might be fatal.

The blonde vampire was getting up, licking the blood from his lips.

"Oh, is she yours?" the blonde laughed.

Ross snarled with anger. "Yes."

He wanted to go after the blonde who had turned and begun to run, but he couldn't leave Melody. "Are you alright?" he asked as the vampire ran out of sight. Blood was dripping from her neck, staining her shirt, matting her fiery golden hair together. His voice shook with effort and the hands that held her upright trembled.

Melody screamed in pain as the Blonde's fangs tore into her neck. She had fought against him as much as she could but the pain was unbelievable. It was nothing like when Ross had bitten her. "Stop" She cried just struggling to get the words out as he took more blood from her. For a moment her vision blurred and it was like the lights had been turned up, blinding her. She had to fight just to keep herself from passing out.

By the time Ross had showed up she was barely aware of what was happening. She only felt her self being let go and almost falling before another set of arms caught her. She really couldn't hold herself up or do anything else for that matter. She was fading in an out of consciousness and the more blood she lost only made it that much harder for her to stay alert.

"Huh?" she murmured when she heard Ross try to speak to her but she couldn't make out the words. "It hurts" Was all she could manage to get out before she lost consciousness. She had already lost so much blood at that point she couldn't have stayed awake even if she tried. It took effort just to breathe. Her chest was heaving up and down at a tremendous rate as her lungs worked vigorously to oxygenate what little blood was left in her body.

He placed her in his bed.

Shortly after he had caught her, Melody's eyes had become distant and her body had become limp. He had laid her out on the ground as a few employees came running to see what the yelling had been about. One woman screamed, another started questioning him as if he was the attacker. He ignored them all, applying pressure to Melody's neck to stop the bleeding. He could hear her pulse, strong and steady. She was in bad shape though. The other vampire had ripped through her flesh, creating an unsightly gash. She would probably bear bruises as well.

He had carried her in his arms to the car and put her in the back, carefully buckling her in, then had sped the entire way back to the apartment. Now she was laying in his bed, her blouse covered in blood. He carefully wiped the blood from her neck with a wet cloth, then applied gauze and taped it in place. He took off her flats and put her legs under the blanket, then carefully pulled her up into a sitting position. She was like a ragdoll against him, completely limp. Ross tried not to breath in the smell of her skin and blood which permeated everything, but he felt a primal hunger that was hard to deny.

He pulled her blood-soaked shirt up and over her head and tossed it aside, then reached for the tshirt he had placed nearby. He pulled it on over her head and let her hair loose from the shirt's neck hole. The fair red locks had blood soaking some strands, but there was nothing to be done about that for now. He laid her back against the pillows and covered her up.

Melody was paler than usual. She had lost a lot of blood. Ross was angry; it would be days, maybe even weeks before he could feed from her again! He wanted to find the blonde vampire and rip his heart out, but the man was long gone. Ross had been left with the choice of aiding Melody or pursuing the other vampire and for some reason he had chosen Melody.

It was a while before Melody came too. When she did she felt awful her whole body ached, her neck throbbed, and her throat was dry and soar from screaming. Compared to the way she was feeling she almost wished she was dead. As she slowly came back to consciousness she suddenly remembered what had happened and sprung up from her position looking around her. She immediately regretted the decision though as she winced in pain and her hand instinctively went to hold he now bandaged neck.

"Where am I?" She asked in a horas voice as she realized that she didn't recognize the room she was now in. She had no idea how she had even gotten there either. The last thing she remembered was being in the furniture store with the blonde vampires teeth attached to her neck. She found it completely amazing that she was even alive. She had been so sure that she was going to die.

Taking away her hand from her neck, she then made a disgusted face as she pulled off the clumps of hair that were sticking to her neck and face finding them covered in blood. She felt the intense urge to shower and clean the blood off herself right at that moment but she wasn't sure she could mange to stand up.

She'd been so busy getting a hold of herself that she hadn't really even noticed Ross there at first. it also didn't help that her vision was still slightly blurred. "Did you bring me here? What happened?" She asked as she began to realize she was most likely in his room, which would explain why she didn't really recognize it.

She then realized she wasn't in the same clothes that she had left in. "Oh my god did you change me!" She yelled but her voice gave out on her halfway through the sentence becoming strange and scratchy. She was mortified at the thought of him having changed her clothes while she was unconscious.

Before he could answer her question, another laced heavily with accusation had sprung venomously from her lips, though her voice went unwillingly soft with sudden hoarseness.

"Is that really what you're most concerned about right now?" Ross asked, feeling annoyed. "Yes, I changed your shirt, which was covered in blood. You're welcome. And to answer your other questions, you're in my room, of course I brought you here, and you were attacked by a vampire while we were at the furniture store."

Ross leaned against the dresser, arms folded over his chest, feeling a strong sense of irritation toward the delicious and agitating human. He was hungry and it was taking all of his self control not to finish the job the other vampire had started.

Melody crossed her arms over herself protectively. She couldn't believe he had seen her shirtless! She felt so vulnerable. "Yes, it bothers me that you thought it was okay to change my clothes while I was passed out." She said obviously not being thankful that he had taken such liberties with her. Her face turned a pale pink, despite the lack of blood, out of embarrassment and anger.

"Thank you for taking care of me apart from the shirt thing though.." She mumbled under her breath as she looked down at her lap in a huff. She had a feeling if it weren't for him then it was very likely that she would be dead now. Because of that, she supposed it wasn't fair for her to be too angry with him.

Ross rubbed the bridge of his nose, his eyes closing for a moment.

"Melody, I'm 124 years old. I've seen a woman in her bra before, alright?"

He wouldn't even get her started on the others things he had seen and done- murder probably being the worst, but also a necessity. She probably had that one figured out herself though.

"I didn't try anything, I just put a clean shirt on you."

He opened his eyes and surveyed her critically. She was blushing but otherwise an unhealthy shade of white. She was able to fuss at him though, so he decided he wasn't too worried. "I don't really remember how to take care of a human, so if there's something you need you're going to have to tell me, alright?"

Melody rolled her eyes when he said he'd seen a woman shirtless before. It didn't particularly make her feel any better. If anything it only made her more annoyed with him.

"Fine can we please stop talking about it now?" She asked preferring to not to think about it anymore. She could just conveniently forget it ever happened and it would be fine.

"Well I should probably eat something, I probably have low blood sugar" She said remembering how they always told you to have cookies or drink orange juice after donating blood at an actual blood bank, not ones run by vampires.

"I also want to shower and get this blood out of my hair" She said her nose wrinkling up at the rusty smell of it.

She pushed the covers off of her and then swung her legs over the bed and tied to stand to get the food and shower herself.But as soon as her legs touched the ground they all wobbly like jello and she had to hold on to the bed just to keep herself from falling over.

Raising his hands in acquiescence, Ross said no more on the topic, though he couldn't understand why such a thing should upset her so much. Melody told him that she should eat something and wanted to wash the blood from her hair. Ross winced, thinking of the loss.

"All that blood, just wasted. This is like throwing a perfectly cooked steak in the mud, you know."

She pushed the blanket off of herself and stood, but wobbled like a newborn colt. "A little blood in your hair won't kill you," Ross sighed, pressing on her shoulders to make her sit back down. "Stay there. I'll get you something to eat. I imagine putting you in hot water right now would probably result in you fainting again, and I imagine you don't want me coming to get you out of the shower if you fall."

He gave her a significant look and left the room, walking down the hall to the kitchen. Human food, Ross thought, opening a few of the cabinets where she had put her groceries. He had never cooked in his entire life. As a human his mother had cooked for him and then his wife. After being turned, cooking became unnecessary. Now he looked at the boxes of foods that needed preparation with a frown. He took down a box of pasta salad and shook his head. No, that needed a measuring cup. And a spoon... God, he didn't even have flatware. What could he feed her that wouldn't need a fork or spoon? Ross opened another cabinet and saw a box of poptarts. With a shrug he ripped into the flimsy cardboard and removed a crinkly silver package that apparently contained human food.

He was hungry too, he remembered once more. He needed to find blood or Melody was going to see how much of a monster he could really be.

"Here," he said, handing her the package of poptarts. "Cheers."

"How awful for you! Missing out of a perfectly good meal like that! It's not like I needed the blood for any reason, or I don't know maybe almost died from losing it" Melody scoffed after she heard him complain about her blood loss because it inconvenienced him. She couldn't believe this was what she had to put up with. She had almost thought he cared for her well being, but all he cared about was her blood.

She then huffed when he pushed her back into bed. "Fine." She grumbled unhappily. She hated the fact she now had to be dependent on him. She would much rather take care of herself without his help. The only problem was that her body was betraying her making it impossible to walk or even stand for that matter. But the idea of him having to help her from the shower only made her cringe so she stayed put.

She barely gave him a fleeting glance as he walked out of the room to find her some food. When he then came back with a pop tart package she had to keep herself from laughing. That was really the best he could do? She wondered as she took the package from him and tore it open with out a word. She supposed it would do, really anything would do at the moment as long as it had some sort of sugar in it.

Slowly she pulled one of the processed rectangles out of the bag and began to nibble on the corner of it starting to feel slightly better as the food entered her system.

"I meant it all going down the drain," Ross told her upon returning. "But keep in mind I am paying quite steeply for your blood. You don't get to be a bitch about me wanting it and also take my money and live in my home."

He turned on his heel and stalked toward the door. "I'm going out. You're not supplying me any blood, so I'll have to find my dinner elsewhere tonight. Try not to cause any trouble while I'm gone."

He closed the door after him and sighed. Why did such tantalizing blood have to belong to her? He wondered if there was anything in the contract about what would happen should the donor suddenly be unable to donate. Was he going to be stuck taking care of that ungrateful little human for the next few weeks, unable to feed? That was certainly how things were looking.

"Yeah, but you don't get be be an asshole just because I can't give you what you want as soon as you want it." She said glaring at him. "Besides it isn't like I wanted this to happen" She snapped.

She didn't move when he came towards her saying he was going to find if food somewhere else. Was that supposed to bother her? Honestly she couldn't care less what he did. It wasn't like he was getting anything from her anytime soon. So if he wanted to go out and find his food somewhere else then so be it.

"I'll try not to" She said with condescending smile as she watched him leave.

After he was gone she ate the rest of her pop tarts and then looked around the room bored. She began to wish he had left her in the livingroom. At least that way she could have watched tv to entertain herself, but no she was stuck in his bedroom with nothing to do but sleep or stare a wall. Deciding against staring at the wall, she settled back under the covers to rest some more, hoping she be well enough to walk when she woke up.

The street was lit up with neon signs in the windows. It wasn't the greatest part of town, but it was the part of town where vampires could go to get a guaranteed meal. Humans went to vampire bars where they could sell a single session, but it wasn't the preferred method of feeding for most vampires. The humans who frequented the bars tended to be drug addicts, alcoholics or have blood-born illnesses. Such illnesses were often transmittable, and while it wouldn't kill a vampire, it could certainly weaken them till the tainted blood was replaced by clean blood.

I'm not an asshole, Ross thought, biting into the neck of the cleanest looking human he could find. He had saved her. He had brought her home, bandaged her up, put her in his bed. He had brought her food. She hadn't even said thank you. Why was she so hostile toward him? If she hated vampires so much, why had she become a donor in the first place?

The woman's blood tasted watery and bland after tasting Melody's, but he was hungry and just about anything would do at that moment. He closed his eyes and listened to her pulse while he drank, focusing on the human's heartbeat and trying to block out thoughts of Melody and the contract he had signed. When he was done the woman was ready with a bandage for her neck and a cigarette for her lips. Ross paid her and she pocketed the money with a nod. They parted ways and Ross made his way back home.

He had closed the bedroom door, so he had no idea if Melody was awake or not. It was his night off, but here he was at home babysitting a human. Ross stretched out on the couch and turned on the tv, his brows knit together as he flipped through the channels.

Melody found it more difficult to sleep than she had originally thought it would be. She was angry, angry at herself for following that blonde vampire allowing her to be attacked. Angry at Ross for being such an asshole to her because she was too weak to feed him. She was angry she was even in this situation to begin with. She didn't want to be here. If she she could go back to her old life she would have in a heartbeat, but she couldn't, she was stuck with the life she had now.

After tossing and turning for a while, she maybe got an hour or so of sleep before she was once again wide awake. She had no idea if Ross was home yet, since she had been asleep when he had got home, but she didn't really care too much. Sucking in a deep breath she pushed the covers off her again determined to get out of bed on her own now.

When her feet hit the ground she teetered back and forth for a moment before she finally balanced herself and took a few small steps towards the door. Once she was sure she could hold herself up for more than a few minutes she walked the rest of the way to the door and wet out going towards the bathroom. She heard the faint sound of the tv in the background, signalling Ross was home.

Walking into the bathroom she carefully closed and locked the door trying not to alert Ross. Sitting on the edge of the tub, she turned on the water deciding to take a bath instead of a shower, as she wasn't sure if she could stand for very long. Once the tub began to fill up she pushed herself up and peeled the clothed from her her body letting them fall to the ground. She then stepped into the tub and sank down into the warm water, her eyes closing and a small sigh of relief leaving her as the water covered her. It didn't take long for the water to turn a cloudy red color from the blood that washed out of her hair as it floated in the water around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back