• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Day in the Life (Me and Spinnerette)

Peacelily

I pull into the driveway of the two-story house that I share with my daughter. Today has been a long day and I just want to spend a relaxing evening with her. I walk up to the door and open it, calling out as I step inside, "Char, I'm home!" I kick off my shoes and set them in the closet shoe rack and then look around, going to find her. "How was your day, sweetheart?"

It was a long but somewhat enjoyable day. Charlotte had been home for about an hour since school ended before her mother got home. She was a lonely girl but was never really shy. She tended to be brutally honest which made others sort of uncomfortable when around her. She stood up and walked briskly to meet her mother in the front hallway. "Hi Mom. It was okay. I made a new friend!" She did not have the best relationship with her mother, but they loved each other and that was more than Charlotte could ever ask. "Are we still going to watch a movie together?"

I smile brightly and lean over to kiss Charlotte's cheek as she answers me. "You did? Well that's always a good thing," I answer. I nod when asked if we're still going to watch a movie together. "Of course we are! Do you want to go check out the Redbox or just see what's on Netflix or demand?"

I head into the kitchen to look for something to make for dinner. I hadn't put anything in the crock pot this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back