Story "A Christmas With the Weasleys"

That Mystic Writer

"I myself, am strange and unusual."
A Christmas with the Weasleys

It was a cold December evening, fresh snow falling from the sky. I am sitting under a tree with Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, and Ronald Weasley. “Isn’t so pretty? I just can’t get over how- beautiful snow is in the courtyard,” Hermione said. “Yes,” I laughed. Ron and Harry nodded their heads, agreeing. All of a sudden, a snowball hit Herminone directly in the face. “Hey!” she exclaimed. Then, a snowball hit me and Ron. “Who threw that?” I asked. “I think I have an idea…” Ron said. I looked in front of me and Fred and George Weasley revealed themselves. I laughed and threw a snowball at Fred. Finally, when our snowball fight was over, Fred and George came over to sit down with us. “You have a good throw, Y/N,” said George. “I know right, I am just the best snowball thrower out there.” We all laughed and stood up. “We should go find Ginny, we don’t want to leave her here,” Ron laughed. We went back into the castle and went into the Gryffindor common room. “I have to go to the Ravenclaw common room real quick. I have to grab my bag,” I said. “Oh ok, meet us in the courtyard, ok?” Harry said. “Of course!” I started to walk up to the Ravenclaw common room. Once I got past the door, I went into my room and grabbed my bag and hung it over my shoulder. “Oh right!” I exclaimed! “I need to grab my cat too, of course!” I bent down under my bed and saw my beautiful black cat, sleeping in a ball. “Come on, Athena. We have to go to the Burrow!” She lazily got up and stretched. “I grabbed her and put her in my arms. On my way out, I saw Luna Lovegood. “Oh hey, Y/N!” I stopped and said, “Luna!” I gave her a big hug. Me and Luna have been friends since we were little witches. Our families have been very close. “Are you spending Christmas with the Weasleys?” she asked. “Yes! I am!” I said happily. “That’s great, I am just going to be having a small Christmas with my dad.” “Well, that’s always nice.” She smiled and gave me another hug. “Have fun, Y/N! I’ll see you after break!” Luna said. “You too!” I walked out of the common room and traveled down to the courtyard. I saw Ron, Harry, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny all wave at me as I found them. “Ready Y/N?” George asked. “Yes” I said. We all boarded the Hogwarts Express and found two compartments right next to each other. I sat in one compartment with George, Fred, and Herminone, while the others sat in the other. The whole time, Fred and George were showing me all types of tricks. “Look at this, Y/N” Fred said. He pulled out his wand and mumbled some sort of enchantment. All of a sudden, the tip of his wand glowed and it started a tiny firework show. There were many colors dancing across the tip of his wand. In the end, one of the fireworks spelled out my name. “Impressed?” Fred and George said together. I was in awe, and said, “Yes! That was so cool!” Herminone laughed and continued to read her book. I started to feel tired and rested my head on George’s shoulder. He smiled and patted my head. “How come you get to have all of the fun?” Fred said jokingly. I smiled and he got up and sat next to me. He grabbed my hand and fell asleep. Eventually, all of us fell asleep, dreaming about what was to come.

The train came to a stretching stop, and all of us woke up to the noise. We grabbed our bags and headed out of the train. Molly Weasly was waving her hands in the air right next to her husband, Arthur Weasley. We walked over to her and put our bags down. “Oh Y/N! Hello! So happy that you could join us for Christmas this year.” she said. “Oh it’s no problem! I love to spend Christmas with you!” I gave her a big hug. I always look forward to her hugs, they always feel so warm and loving. She was- like the mom I never had. “Alright then! Let’s head over to the Burrow, shall we?”

We arrived at the Burrow. There were many gnomes in the front yard, and the usual over grown garden in the front. We opened the door and the familiar scent of the Burrow filled me. I saw magic everywhere doing the dishes, cleaning the table, and sweeping the floors. I smiled and set my bag on a little chair. “Make yourself at home!” Mrs. Weasley said happily. Me, Herminone, Ginny, Harry, and Ron headed upstairs. We entered Ron’s room which was in a clean state, which was quite unusual for Ron. I sat on the bed next to Ginny and Herminone, and the boys sat on the floor. It felt like we laughed and talked for years. Abruptly, the Weasley twins entered the room with a loud pop sound. Herminone rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed at them. I sat there and laughed as George and Fred came to sit next to me on the floor. We continued our conversation and felt the happiest we’ve felt in a long time. It all came to and end when Mrs. Weasley called us down to eat dinner. We grouped all at the dinner table, as a delicious feast appeared on the table. The familiar faces of the order were surrounding the table such as Remus Lupin, Tonks, and Mad-Eye Moody. We laughed and ate the night away, the food tasted heavenly and I could definitely tell that Ron was having a fun time with his chicken legs. When the dinner was over, we all helped clear the table and wash the dishes, all of course done by magic. The adults crowded into the sitting room and talked over a nice cup of tea next to the fire. Meanwhile, the rest of us went upstairs. “Ok, I know its Christmas Break and all, but, I think we should at least study a bit for the N.E.W.T.S,” Herminone said. Harry and Ron grabbed some pillows and started chucking them at her. Shortly after, me, Ginny, Fred, and George catched on too. We were all laughing our heads off as feathers covered the whole room. After some complaints from Mrs. Weasley, we eventually split off to go to sleep. I went into a room with Hermione and Ginny while Harry and Ron slept in Ron’s room.

Me, Herminone, and Ginny were all the first ones to wake the next morning. Ginny wanted to wake the boys up, but we decided to be nice and just let them sleep for once. We slipped on our coat and boots and started to head outside. We all sat on a little bench in the Weasley’s backyard, watching the snow fall. We were all silent for a while, just quietly thinking. “Maybe we should make sure the boys aren’t dead,” Herminone giggled. “Do we really need to though?” Ginny said. We all laughed and got up out of that bench.

We opened the door to the boy’s door. We saw Harry and Ron, both still sleeping lazily in their beds. Me and Ginny both tip-toed over to them, with Herminone following. We all surrounded their bed and shouted “Wake up!” Ron abruptly sat up and said “Bloody hell guys! I was sleeping-” Harry slowly got up, rubbing his eyes. He had a smile on his face. “Haha, very funny” he said sarcastically.

The day’s of Winter Break passed, we celebrated Christmas, ate a wonderful dinner with the Order, and relaxed. It all came to an end eventually, with us boarding back on the Hogwarts Express.

Me and the rest of us gave the Weasley parents big hugs and waved them goodbye as we headed onto the glorious red train. I walked through the narrow hall to find a spot to sit. Of course, I sall a familiar boy with bright blonde hair, snickering with his friends. Malfoy looked at me, a smirk revealing on his face. I rolled my eyes and walked on. Finally, at the back of the train, we finally found empty spots to sit. This time, I sat with the Golden Trio.

We laughed and drank way to many bottles of butterbeer. Eventually, we all fell asleep, Athena lazily sleeping on my shoulders purring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back