• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Chance in Time

Would you ever live in New York City?

• HELL YEAH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would visit, but not live there.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • HELL NAH

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
CHAPTER ONE

Dominic
fa8a4219ebbd2124782e9968f89e5f98.jpg
A prolonged yawn escaped the groggy man as he exited his bedroom and prepared to start off another day. Slits of an early New York morning were peeking from behind the cheap curtains of the apartment and as Dominic pushed them aside, he was met with the scene of a busy street corner. This was New York, the city he loved, at its finest. He then went to go brew some coffee, turning into the kitchen and covering his mouth to stifle yet another yawn. The musician was only wearing one of his various band t-shirts and blue boxers, his hair unkempt and only having a set of baggy eyes to show off for his morning mug. It was a general struggle for the man to find the will to leave his comfortable bed, but when he did, it was never a beautiful sight.

Preparing the coffee in swift, methodical movements, he worked like clockwork, making enough for two people before leaning himself against the kitchen counter, proud of his work. Wonder if Monet is already up? he thought to himself, tidying up his hair with a subconscious stroke of his hand. He hadn't heard her alarm go off, so she probably wasn't working today. With a push, he left the kitchen to plop himself on the family room couch, picking up some letters on the coffee table and sifting through them. Dominic cringed when finding the bill for rent. "Alrighty, then. Let's see what you got for us today, Dolly," he said to himself, tearing open the seal and reading over the documents. "Ouch." Not what he wanted to see.

"Those are pretty big numbers, Mr. 'I love my tenants'. It's like you want us to go broke," Dominic muttered, placing the paper back on the table and laying with his back down on the couch, his arms propped up over his head as if to cradle it. Dominic listened to the clamor of the streets below, closing his eyes and listening tentatively for any patterns to the noise. "Guess I gotta wait until Monet gets up, huh?" he asked himself, tapping his foot on the armrest. "It's already becoming one of those kinds of days."

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be within a class or script tags to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:2px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:8px; margin-Top:5px; margin-Left:12px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Monet
[div class="Lines"]
Thirty minutes. Thirty minutes had passed as Dominic went through his morning routine while Monet resided impatiently in the bathroom. The woman was on a mission, a mission of love. Determined to enrapture Dominic with her womanly physique, she awakened early to set her plan in motion. Vixa mentioned that I should use my rockin bod as leverage. Those shower scenes always work in the movies, right? I'll walk out, and he will have no choice but to be drawn in! Maybe he will finally see me as a woman, and I can waltz right out of the friend-zone! That was the plan. It would be an overstatement to say Monet had fallen for Dominic at first sight. When she first moved in, her priority lay solely on her occupation. However, as a few months trickled by, the attraction was undeniable. Dominic never bluntly rejected her, but, he didn't make moves to woo her either. It would be far too embarrassing to admit her feelings to her roommate without knowing he might feel the same way. If fate wasn't in her favor, how could she continue to live with him after a failed confession?

Monet generally wasn't the type to scheme out a plan such as this. Had she become so desperate as to take Vixa's advice? A wild woman she was. Vixa was the complete opposite of herself. The scent of fresh coffee wafted through the door cracks and into the bathroom, filling Monet with serenity and confidence. Dominic's commentary caused her to giggle silently. He can be charming when he talks to himself. Did he sit down somewhere? Figuring enough time had flitted by, Monet opened the bathroom door. Nonchalantly drying the tips of her hair with the towel, she walked out in front of her crush. "Morning. I see you made coffee. Enough for two, I hope." She fashioned a soft smile on her face. The woman wore fitted black shorts along with a loose, red, crop top. Vixa would be proud of her showing off her toned belly. The water droplets from her hair formed dark spots over her chest. It was more skin than Monet usually dared to show, as her go-to style consisted mainly of skirts among other flowy attire. Closing the distance ever so slightly, Monet hovered over the man. "Do you enjoy being serenaded by the bustling streets of New York? You seem quite relaxed. No hot dates this weekend?" She teased. TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]
Original Code by AgWordSmith (You are a goddess) [/div]

Dominic
As Dominic sat cozily on the sofa, he heard the creaking of the bathroom door amidst his peaceful morning lounge. His eyes were still closed as Monet asked about the coffee, and he only bothered to open them when a shadow drifted over his eyelids. As his view came into focus, the outline of Monet's face took priority, and for a moment, he heard nothing. The sound was stagnant, quiet. It was when her lips continued to flutter, that he found himself returning to the real world. Everything was moving once again, and it took a second for Dominic to comprehend what she was saying.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I made some coffee for us both," he said nonchalantly, his eyes gently glossing over her get up before returning to her mouth. "The only date I got planned is with a hot new guitar that my buddy is hooking me up with later today. You're looking at the next up-and-coming musical mastermind," he joked. "Funny you should mention dates, though. Ruslan invited us to eat out later today at that new diner that just opened up down the street from us. I think its name is David's Diner? He wants to treat Vixa to a date, but I think he is too embarrassed to do it alone." He finally started to sit up, crossing one leg over the other and leaning back in his seat, flicking his eyes to Monet once more. "I told him that if you weren't busy, we'd both go."

There was no way Dominic was going to admit that Monet was absolutely smoking in that crop top. If he hadn't known better, it seemed as if she was trying to impress him. He wasn't so classless as to make cheeky comments on his roommate's style of choice. If she knew that he had been growing feelings for her over these last few months, he was sure to find his deathbed soon after the fact. Instead, he forced himself to try and not pay attention to it. It was a miracle on its own to be living alongside someone as relaxed as Monet, and Dominic didn't want to ruin that simplistic lifestyle under any circumstances.

"Then again, I might have to make a change of plans and have a date with our loving landlord." Picking up the opened letter, he held it out to her. "Get a load of this crap. If you want, I can go and sweet talk him into reconsidering his prices? I don't know about you, but I think he's finally starting to like me a little." Dominic gave a facetious smirk, followed by a wink.

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be within a class or script tags to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:2px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:8px; margin-Top:5px; margin-Left:12px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Monet [div class="Lines"]
At Dominic's casual response, Monet internally pouted. He's a tough cookie. Well, whatever. You tried, Monet. You tried. There is always next time. She returned his comment about being a mastermind with a light slap to his chest with her towel. "Mhmmm. Just don't forget me when you're rich and famous. We both know it could be AGES before I upgrade from being a designer's assistant." Monet traveled to New York shortly after graduating college and was continuing to gain experience by interning at SBH Fashion. Although the novice fashion designer was eager to learn from her superiors, she constantly felt like nothing more than a coffee and menial task mule to the company. New York was supposed to be her big break. Now, she barely had a break in general.

Allowing him to sit up, she moved into the kitchen to do what she seemingly did best at her office, pour coffee into a mug. Listening to him relay Ruslan's date proposal, she shook her head sympathetically. "How long have they been living together, and he's still shy about asking her on dates?" Then again, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Do I have room to judge? Waving her words away with a few flicks of her hand, the woman finished fixing her coffee and returned to Dominic's side. "I'm mainly free today. I've been itching to see Vixa again, anyway. Work always has me swamped these days."

Bringing the warm mug up to her lips to take a much-needed swig, Monet almost spurted the liquid out of her mouth at the numbers displayed on their bills. "You're kidding. Did he raise them again? Who does he think we are?? There is a reason our shelves are stocked with twenty-five cent ramen packets." Sulkingly sipping her coffee, she began to think if moving here was worth it. But, gazing back at Dominic and his playful wink, she knew she couldn't bring herself to leave. "I'm not sure who is more delusional, him or you." Monet joked. "On a serious note, it's worth a shot. Our lives are on the line, soldier." She placed her hand across her forehead in a mock salute. "Oh, if you do have some time, there is an outfit I'm designing to enter in at one of my company's annual event contests. The winner gets to have their design showcased in the fall runway. Do you mind being my mannequin real quick?" TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Dominic
"Ah, you know how Ruslan is," Dominic said, following Monet into the kitchen, waiting for her to pour her drink, "he's about as emotional as a rock." As she made her way back over to him, the two were now standing near the doorway of the kitchen, Dominic's back against the framework. "Glad to hear you're on board. He seemed pretty desperate when I talked to him on the phone yesterday. I'll be sure to send him a text. Does eight o'clock sound good to you? He mentioned being fine with taking us back to his place afterward, and that we were allowed to stay over for the night." Right as Dominic went to pull out his phone, he watched as Monet spluttered over the numbers on their rent. He didn't know if it was cute or downright disgusting, but he got a good chuckle out of it either way.

Talking with Dolly was always a pain in Dominic's side. The businessman knew that he had the best prices on the block compared to most landlords, and because of that, he wasn't afraid to flex his power over them. Sadly, when Dominic first came to Dolly, he didn't have much credit when looking into other apartments, so Dolly was quite resistant to letting him dwell in his beloved complex. That's when Monet was kind enough to offer being his roomie, and why the musician had a roof over his head. If it weren't for her, he was going to end up as one of the homeless street performers that litter New York, in the hope of making a few bucks to skid by in life. That's why he owed it to her to try and make her life easier, even if only a little bit.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I don't mind. Make sure to get my good side. My mother has always told me that band t-shirts are my best color, but I'm sure that I can pull off another style if it was made by you," he complimented. "In return, you've gotta listen to my new strings once I get them." He ruffled his raven black hair one last time before giving Monet an earnest smile. "So, what do you have in store for me this time? I wanna knock the socks off Mr. Rumpelstiltskin the next time you see him at work."

Last edited:
Throughout the time Monet had spent getting to know Ruslan, Dominic's comparison couldn't be more spot on, regrettably so. As capable as the man was with business affairs, his sorry lack of luck in other departments caused Monet some grief. How could she not want to aid the man in his endeavors? Well, she couldn't really show him copious amounts of sympathy either, could she? He appeared to be miles ahead of her in the love game, after all. It's only because Vixa is so demanding and dominant. At least, that is what she told herself to squash any traces of envy forming inside her. Monet had never been the type to envy what others possessed, materialistic or otherwise. However, it was a little disheartening to think her love might end up one-sided if it wasn't already. Regardless, Vixa and Ruslan had grown on her over time. Vixa, whom she once found jaded and annoying, was now her best girlfriend.

"Eight is perfect. Spending the night is even more so. Not that I hate our oh so humble abode here, but the man has towel warmers in his bathroom." Monet mentioned in a gleeful tone as she slipped into her room to gather some fabric and sewing supplies. "Buttering up to me so I won't accidentally poke you with the sewing pins, huh? Smart move. And oh, if anyone can knock his socks off, I'm sure it would be you. It would sure be a first." She called from the room. Monet's boss was an absolute devil in angel's clothing. Though wisdom flowed through his veins, Monet did not think it an excuse to belittle others who did not possess high status. An intern like her was far from recognition in his eyes. Returning to Domonic, she set her things beside him on the floor. Spreading the measuring tape across multiple areas of his body, it could be said that measurement was soon to be the last thing on her mind.

Taking her last measurement around Dominic's waist, her hands lingered. With a body this good, it's a mystery why he doesn't have a girlfriend yet. Keep it together, Monet! This is not the time to be thinking of indecent thoughts! Snapping her focus back to reality, she reached for the leather fabric nearby. "Suits are everywhere these days. It's old news, in my opinion. So, I'm bringing the leather back! In a refreshing and chic way, of course." Handing him a half-done leather vest to wear, Monet made a few mental notes. "It'll be a bit oversized until I finish sewing the seams. But hey, it's kind of your style." Motioning for him to do some turns, she commented, "You know I'll let you serenade me anytime. When are you going to write me a song, huh? As your supportive roommate, I think it's only a given." TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Vixa [div class="Lines"]
Dark Merino wool fabric caressed Vixa's dainty body as she slept. Woven with trace amounts of gold and silk jacquard, the bed sheets alone were set at a whopping two thousand four hundred dollars. This was the type of lifestyle practically every woman dreamed of, wasn't it? However, the sheets were perhaps not the only thing caressing Vixa during the night. Eyes fluttering to reject the incoming sunlight, Vixa nestled herself further into the embrace of her lover, Ruslan. Well known in the fashion industry, Ruslan was the CEO of HoBo. The man was much more than your average billionaire. He didn't expect gold to grow with every step he made. No, there was a charming humbleness to the man. The humbleness that Vixa failed to possess. Their relationship massively supported the theory that opposites attract.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

The obnoxious chime of Vixa's phone alarm blared through the spacious room. Choosing to ignore it for several seconds, she thought it might magically shut off on its own. When reality stuck to its roots, she turned and blindly reached her hand out towards her phone. On her fourth attempt, she finally managed to silence the damn thing. "Ugghhhh.." Vixa softly groaned as she forced her eyelids to remain parted. She didn't have turn her head to know Ruslan was awake. It was more than likely that the man had woken up much earlier. He merely chose to remain cuddled up to his sweet princess until morning found her. On occasion, Vixa would hear him leave the bed just before the sun rose. Somehow, he managed to always be there when she opened her eyes. Something as cute as this, how could she not love him? But why did she keep trying to tell herself her feelings were anything but that?

Many had labeled Vixa a gold digger before. Maybe she was, she couldn't care less about the opinions of others. She knew better than to feed into the paparazzi. People refused to believe that someone who made less than 20k a year belonged with someone so well off. Women in Vixa's situation would consider themselves fucking lucky. Not Vixa. She harbored enough pride and ego for all the women in the world. She deserved this lifestyle, and she didn't get it because she was lucky. Who could resist someone this fabulous? Wealth didn't always define power, and she had plenty of that with or without Ruslan. Facing her boyfriend, Vixa held his gaze briefly. "Did you make breakfast yet? You know I like to watch you when you cook. I want strawberry pancakes again." A small yawn escaped the woman's lips. Although Ruslan was rich enough for personal chefs, Vixa wouldn't have it. She always wanted him to cook for her. Hell, she often treated him like her slave. Lightly pushing Ruslan's head beneath the covers, her eyes began to close again. Another yawn. "Fully wake me up, first~" TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Last edited:
Dominic

As Monet busied herself in the other room, Dominic tugged his t-shirt off and threw it to the floor beside him. Now that he was past his groggy state of mind, he was able to deduct that he was, in fact, only in his boxers. Did this bother him? Surprisingly, not as much as most people might have expected him to be. There have been countless times where he had changed in front of Monet, and this was no different from then. He was certain that she only saw him as a clothing mannequin, anyway. Getting all caught up in the idea that there was anything more than that was wishful thinking on his part. When she entered the room again, he raised his hands over his head, letting the cold measuring tape wrap around his torso.

He grimaced at the sight of the leather vest. "I'm flattered that you think being a redneck biker is one of my 'styles'," he said, taking the vest and slipping it over his shoulders. With a few grandiose gestures and a slow spin that showed off the entirety of the costume, Dominic believed he nailed the showcase portion of their runway bonanza. "Be sure to be extra careful around the arms, I'm still trying to get over that one time you poked me in the armpit and left a bruise that lasted an entire week. It's always important to remember to take good care of your models." Imitating a wrestler by flexing in the vest, he struggled to contain a laugh. "I really do feel like I'm a part of a biker gang, though. I'm sure there are a few people that'll want to pull off this style."

There was a second where he stopped joking around and gave her an entertained expression. "Would you really be interested in me making a song about you?" Putting a finger to his chin, he began to stroke his non-existent beard in deep thought. "I've even got a name for it. I'll call it 'Roomie' by Dominic Holsk. It has a nice ring to it, yeah?" Maybe he was too busy musing over his next greatest musical hit, but when Dominic went to ask Monet his question, she was in his face, practically inches away as she studied his body with a tentative stare. It was cute being able to watch her become entranced in her work and, for a second, he was caught up in it as well.

Clearing his throat, he asked, "How's it looking so far? Tell it to me straight, Doc. Do I look good?"

Ruslan

A blank stare watched as the alarm went off. Unbeknownst to Ruslan, he had been counting down the time before the beeping began, and as Vixa started to stir, he felt mildly disappointed that his day was officially beginning. He had one arm under the pillow where his head rested, and the other was draped over Vixa's tiny frame. As she turned around to face him, he watched as his world began to pop to life, her features being uncovered by the sunlight that entered through the penthouse's window wall. Somehow, this small town barrista was able to bring great joy into his otherwise monotonous life. Reaching a hand to her face, he grazed his thumb over her cheek, absorbing every detail of her into his memory.

There was a moment where Ruslan wanted to remind Vixa that having strawberry pancakes for the fourth day in a row as a breakfast kickstarter wasn't the healthiest choice, but he wasn't able to bring himself to deny the demands of his beloved partner. He only gave her a nod in compliance. Soon after, he slowly slid underneath the covers, being met by his girlfriend's exposed belly. Without further delay, he gently stroked his fingers over her skin, before going in for the kill. "Tickle, tickle, tickle," he purred, his fingers playfully dancing over the sides of her waist. Moments later, he popped himself back up to face her. "Are you awake now?"

Sliding out of the bed, Ruslan gave a few stretches to loosen up. He wore a white unbuttoned shirt that fully exposed his heavily toned abs. Along with this, he had work pants that had been hastily unzipped and a belt that never came off the loop. Rubbing his eyes and glancing back to Vixa, he quirked a brow. "Want something to drink?" he asked, his eyes trailing over her. "We've got water." Despite what his oversized wallet hinted at, Ruslan was a simple man. He never asked for much and was easily satisfied with what he had. The only thing he splurged on was Vixa, and in return, she kept him company. In his eyes, it was a match made in heaven. One that he had no doubts on.

They had met at a local coffee shop. She was a barrista nearing the end of her shift and Ruslan had just finished up an important board meeting with his company Ho-T Bo-T, commonly known as "HoBo". It was an exhausting day, and all he wanted was something to perk him up. Vixa had other plans. Not only had she spilled the drink that he had ordered onto his expensive suit, but she blamed her clumsiness on his "drab face" distracting her from her job. That was the moment Ruslan knew he was in love. This was two years ago, and now she is slept in his bed and ordered that he cook for her. If this wasn't the dream, what was?

Vixa [div class="Lines"]
Vixa was expecting something a little not-so-PG to occur under the sheets. However, as she felt Ruslan's fingers trail over her sides, she couldn't find fault in his ways. Drowning in waves of laughter, Vixa fought for dominance. "S-stop!!" The woman attempted to wriggle free as she gasped for much-needed air. It was one of the rare moments she found herself not in control. Despite their size difference, Ruslan often allowed Vixa to have her way. Not in this instance. Was he taking advantage of her sugar sloth state? Possibly. But the innocent gaze Ruslan gave her as he poked his head out of the sheets proved otherwise. He was using the most efficient way to wake her. Ruslan never harbored ulterior motives. If he ever did, Vixa wasn't aware.

"Awake? I'm...practically...dead. You jerk!!" After her body recovered from the tickle fest, Vixa finally sat up. Watching Ruslan stretch, she caressed with the edge of her shirt. It was one of Ruslan's lounging tops. Although the fabric fit him snugly to accentuate his features, it engulphed Vixa down to her thighs. Sometimes Ruslan returned home late, which led to prioritizing sleep (among other things, wink wink) over changing. It didn't come as a surprise when he offered her water. Sometimes I wonder if I'm honestly dating a rich man. Where are the shelves filled with expensive wine?? Vixa already knew the answer, but it never stopped her from pondering the thought on occasion.
It seemed alcohol was not one of the pleasantries Ruslan cared to indulge in. Vixa vividly recalled the only time she dared to slip into the house so drunk it was a miracle she didn't have to be ushered off to the hospital. Ruslan was very patient with her erratic behavior that night. His motions towards her were gentle, but there was a sorrowful and slight coldness to his eyes that carried on to the following morning. Vixa usually cared little of his disapproval. That morning lacked the vital presence of strawberry pancakes on the breakfast table. A silent reprimand for her rash decisions. Vixa learned her lesson. No drinking around Ruslan, lest she risks the absence of her favorite breakfast food. God forbid the man even to catch a whiff of booze on her skin.

Shuffling over to Ruslan, Vixa leaned up on her tiptoes to wrap her arms around his neck. Trapping him in a passionate kiss with no escape, she made sure to nip the corner of his lip as she drew away. "Payback for straining my vocal cords." Taking strides out of the room and down to the kitchen, she called over her shoulder, "Am I such a bland woman as to prefer plain water? I'll take my glass with slices of lemon. It detoxifies your skin, you know? I have a certain level of beauty to uphold." She almost made a joke to demand he import the citrus fruit from Brazil, one of the leading lemon harvesting countries in the world, but she figured he might really do it. TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Last edited:
Watching Dominic pose rather dramatically, Monet could only smile and shake her head wistfully. Lightly slapping his arm, she hissed, "Shh! It's not finished yet, anyway. If you say redneck biker gang one more time, I won't be careful with these!" Monet waved a few pins in the air. Of course, she secretly appreciated Dominic's honesty. It would aid her in deciding how to adjust the design. There was still plenty of time before the Fall show, but she didn't want to cut it short. If she was going to introduce her collection to her boss in time while keeping up with the busy work he threw at her, she barely had a second to spare. "Call the song whatever you want. If you write it, I'm sure it'll be more than sublime." Smoothing down the fabric over Dominic's chest and repeating possible alterations within her mind, his voice hardly reached her.

Refocusing her gaze on him, she replied with a smirk, "Handsome as ever. But, you're right. T-shirts fit you best." Turning around, she picked up several pieces of fabric from the floor. "I was debating on what base fabric to use for the pants. Denim, wool blend, polyester, cotton, seersucker..." Monet placed each square up to Domonic's thighs, attempting to envision the outcome. Indecisive, the woman let out an exasperated sigh before dropping the bundle of squares into Dominic's hands. "I know you aren't a fashionista, but what do you suggest?" She only ever saw the man wear band shirts, but what was the harm in asking? Grabbing her coffee mug off the nearby table, she was a bit careless. Overestimating how much she drank, some of the contents sloshed over the edge from the quick momentum. Monet inhaled sharply as the now lukewarm liquid tarnished Dominic's boxers.

She should have listened to Dominic all those months back when he tried to get her to use a coffee thermos. I enjoy traditional mugs too much. That's what I thought...until now. "Oh, my God!! I am so sorry. It's not scalding is it?" Rushing into the kitchen and disposing of her mug in the sink, Monet wet a rag to assist in removing any stains. Perhaps this was not something she should have been doing. However, it didn't occur until after she began frantically rubbing over his manly bits. Her intentions were purely innocent. TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Ruslan

As he was finishing off the last of his stretches, Ruslan felt a slight tug on the end of his shirt. When he turned around, he watched as Vixa laced her arms over his neck and dove in for a surprise kiss. She was barely able to meet his height, and as she had reached forward, the abnormally tall man had to bend his knees for her to successfully encircle her arms around him. Their kiss was drawn out and he felt a slight prick before Vixa backed away. "Feels more like a reward," he responded curtly, following in her footsteps until making it to the kitchen. There, he took a mental note of her order, like the butler he was, and went about the task.

Standing behind her, Ruslan stretched over and opened one of the cabinets, taking out a glass and placing his free hand on Vixa's. Then, for a split second, he ran a hand up her arm and gave a peck to her cheek before moving to the fridge and pulling out some bottled water. Ruslan personally didn't enjoy the taste of tap water, and giving anything less than pure spring water was a mockery to Vixa. That was why he specifically ordered them straight from the source. A minor increase to his overall budget. Pouring the bottle into the glass and sifting through the refridgerators contents, he sighed. "Doesn't look like we've got any lemons. Want me to put it on the shopping list?" Luckily for Ruslan, Vixa was always willing to accompany him with his shopping. While it's more along the lines of her chewing out his ear for not buying the most expensive things in the store, or the whole store for that matter, he always enjoyed the company. In fact, sometimes he purposefully threw out food so that they had to go shopping earlier, but he was never going to tell her that.

Then his phone rang. Slipping it out of his pocket, he glanced at the screen, putting the glass of water next to Vixa. "Looks like it's all set, then," he muttered to himself before looking back to his partner. "Are you free later tonight? I asked if Dom and Monet were willing to go out for dinner with us and they both said yes. I wanted to take you to David's Diner ever since you said you were interested in visiting it. I cancelled all of my events that I had today, too, so you don't have to worry about me. What do you think? We can try out that new dress I bought you." His hands had turned a bit clammy. Ruslan never knew why, but he always felt nervous when asking anything from Vixa. As a man who always knew what he wanted and how to get it, she was the only variable to that security. It gave him a rush. She was the only one that was able to make him feel that way. It was one of the numerous reasons as to why he cherished her undiscernible personality as passionately as he did.

Dominic

Dominic stood at attention when the pins were drawn. He was terrible with needles. They were probably one of the very few things that made the rockstar lose his cool. When going to the doctor's, he always had to listen to calming music and never dared to look at the needle entering his arm. Monet was one of the few people he ever disclosed this information to, mainly because she had accidentally poked him once before when trying to resize a new outfit design and was forced to deal with a crying man-child. She was a good sport about it, and while there was ocassional teasing on her end, she was always willing to compromise and work around his innate fear. With a forced gulp and a few beads of sweat, he let the designer work her magic without any more snarky comments.

Pins were the least of his problems at the moment, however. It all happened rather suddenly, but Dominic felt a VERY hot sensation directly over his badoing. Dominic was going to mention that it wasn't that big of a deal when Monet started to panick, and yet she was gone and back in a flash, working tediously on his . . . boxers. She must've been too worried to realize what she was doing. Right? He hoped so, because when he placed his hand over hers, he felt a red flush swarm to his cheeks. "It's fine, Monet. I can take care of it. Just make sure to clean the carpet, 'kay?" Dominic was rather chill at the moment, despite being embarrassed enough to want to run into his room and not come back out for the rest of the day. "I'll take care of the rest."

Taking the rag out of her hand (mainly because it was already his designated groin cloth), he went to go and change. It didn't take long for him to slip out of the coffee stained undergarments and into some new, flashier briefs. He threw all of his extra clothes into the hamper and walked back into Monet's room. "Alright, ready for round two? I think the coffee helped me wake up a little. Definitely raring to go now." To try and make things less awkward, he picked up the vest and patted it. "Didn't even get a single stain on this thing. That's what I call talent. If I didn't know better, it's almost like you purposefully tried to get me out of my clothes," he joked, not understanding how true that statement might have been.

"What were you thinking of wearing to the diner, anyway? I've got an old suit that my pops gave me way back, but I don't think I've ever seen you truly dress up before. Not unless it was for work, I mean."

Vixa [div class="Lines"]
Vixa sat a little impatiently at the kitchen counter, her eyes gravitating towards the unoccupied stove. She harbored a hunger that knew no other. Nothing would break her stare besides the swift steal of a kiss by hers truly. Snapping out of her haze, Vixa softly glared at Ruslan. "Hey, who gave you permission to steal cheek kisses, huh? Theft lands you in jail, you know?" She grinned mischievously. She never missed a chance to assert some dominance, especially with her sexual innuendos. Of course, she couldn't flirt with just anyone. She deserved a man of top class. And that man could only be Ruslan to her. He made the first move to ask her out, as anyone should when faced with such a divine presence. If it weren't for his prestigious status, Vixa would have rejected him on the spot. However, with the Fashion King title, she could rightfully take her place as Queen. Although Vixa enjoyed the luxuries of life, she valued her self respect far more. If she weren't being treated properly, she would have left the relationship ages ago, rich man or not.

With the disappointing news of a lack of citrus in the fridge, Vixa left her seat to further inspect the situation. Peeking around Ruslan's larger frame, she visually confirmed the absence of lemons. "Of course. We can go out after breakfast." Her tone was just short of dismissive. It wasn't enough that the man owned an entire spring water company that supplied only for them. However, compared with everything else the man did for her, she always seemed to sweep mishaps such as this under the rug. It was a disappointment not to receive what she wanted immediately. But the thought of future shopping caused her insides to teem with excitement. The woman loved nothing more than to flaunt that status in public. Still, it was a love-hate experience. The paparazzi could be a hassle, and Vixa couldn't deny that it made her blood boil whenever another woman (or man) thought they could make off with Ruslan. Who did they think they were to lay their eyes on her property? Nothing more than insolent scum. No, less than that!

A bit lost in her mental rage, Vixa clung onto Ruslan's waist protectively as he moved about. Had she always been the jealous type? Not particularly. If Ruslan wanted to leave, she would let him. It wouldn't be her fault that he wished to do himself disfavor. Even as she thought this, her grip only tightened. The sound of Ruslan's phone notification broke Vixa's concentration, forcing her to realize they weren't outside yet. It was just them in this kitchen, away from prying eyes. Releasing him, she returned to her seat, allowing Ruslan to tend to whatever message he had received. Vixa primly took the glass Ruslan gave her and took a few gulps. It was always rejuvenating to drink a glass of water in the mornings. Not just any glass, but a Swarovski crystal glass. Setting it back down on the table, Vixa delicately ran her finger over the engraved floral design. Vixa used to despise flowers.

Back in the day, her family owned a small flower shop just outside of New York City. Vixa could recall nurturing the flowers by her side. It was a blissful bonding experience for both of them. Sadly, the memory had long become tainted. Her mother had an affair with a woman who frequented the shop. Unexpected it was for both Vixa and her father upon the revelation. Even though her mother swore to remain faithful from then on and her parents sided against divorce, it was clear to Vixa that the family bond she had once cherished was broken. She couldn't find it within herself to completely forgive her mother for cheating, or her father for choosing to pretend as if nothing occurred. It wasn't too difficult to play the role of a child who happily went along with her parent's decisions. She was probably the only person holding them together. Because she couldn't outwardly hate her parents at the time, she projected her negative emotions on the defenseless plants. Ever since leaving home, her mother profusely sent her letters. She had always been old fashioned like that. Vixa never cared to read them. They immediately went into the trash. Vixa would be lying if she said she wasn't the least bit afraid that she would come home to find her mother waiting outside their house gates one day, demanding a reply.

Living with Ruslan provided Vixa with optimistic opportunities. Most importantly, she was free to be herself, and the true Vixa wanted to channel her love for flowers again. Blinking towards the man as he asked for her availability, she offered him a small smile. "My availability depends on how well you make pancakes today. Oh, and I want them in the shape of flowers. If they're ugly, I'm not going." Even if he failed, she would go with him. She was dying to wear that dress in public. Showing off to Monet was always a plus, too. Maybe she could take some pointers on how to seduce Dominic, not that Vixa understood what her friend saw in the man anyway. All of these fabulous opportunities would be lost to her if Ruslan failed his task. But deep down she knew he wouldn't. After all, failing her was not an option. TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Ruslan

Sending a quick message off to Dominic to assure their arrival, Ruslan put his phone in his back pocket. An enchanted smile found its way on his face. Seeing Vixa light up was more than enough to please the otherwise callous man. If a flower pancake was able to make her happy, he was ecstatic to do it for her. "I think I'll be making you a beautiful bouquet today," he said, gliding over to the stove and gathering his supplies. Over the two years that Ruslan has been living with Vixa, she had always asked him to create floral designs in the form of pancakes. In the beginning, it was difficult to please Vixa's absurd standard towards her morning meals, but after having months and months of criticism and practice, he has perfected his art. If he wanted, Ruslan had the ability to become a professional chef, or a professional at anything. Well, besides acting, at least.

Ever since he was a little kid, Ruslan wished to be on Broadway. From the grandiose acting to the finest of arts, there was only appreciation and a deep passion to be found within the man. His family life was difficult, and a mix of an addict for a mother and no male role model to base himself off of was the stepping stones for Ruslan to do everything for himself. He quickly grew up, but lost a lot, including the articulation of his emotions. Vixa oftenly poked fun at him for his poor acting skills, but it didn't mean that he ever gave up. The closest he had gotten to his dream being realized was through fashion, and by climbing in the ranks, he produced a plethora of actors with suitable apparel to live out the stories that they recreated. While he was the one that desired to be on the stage, this was a decent second best.

With the design done and a variety of brilliant colors placed on the pan, Ruslan poured the batter. Before long, Vixa's favorite morning meal was created. Adding more than was necessary, the over-the-top boyfriend threw in a strawberry smoothie into the mix, presenting the dishes to Vixa. "Enjoy," he whispered, kissing the top of her head and heading to the kitchen to clean up. "Tell me what you think. I decided to try out a new kind of batter this time around. A friend of mine said that it was the 'best quality on the market', so I want your thoughts on if he was pulling my leg or not."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the afternoon now. Ruslan had buttoned up his dress shirt and prepared to slip into his suit. Tonight was going to be perfect. He had booked reservations in the VIP section of David's Diner, and after reading some reviews, it appeared that the establishment was having a booming start. A fitting restaurant that was worthy enough to be visited by both him and Vixa. All that mattered now was the hope that the paparazzi wasn't going to ruin the couple's night. "Vixa, how's it coming along? Do you need any help getting on that dress?" He was excited to see how the design fit. Then again, Ruslan was adamant that Vixa perfectly fit into anything, no matter what design was placed on her.

Vixa [div class="Lines"]
Ruslan promptly presented Vixa with the lavishing breakfast. "It looks decent." Her dismissive tone betrayed her sparkling eyes and salivating mouth. She gracefully stuffed her face with the fluffy yet crisp, golden delight. "Don't misinterpret. My eagerness has all to do with my starving tummy and nothing to do with your culinary talent." She shot him a matter-of-fact gaze, before continuing to consume her meal faster than a dog guzzling down bacon that found it's way onto the floor by mistake. "Mediocre at best!!" She would mumble between bites. His cooking almost surpasses his skills in bed. Almost. As much as it pained her to admit, Vixa was a slave to food. This sassy dominatrix would submit herself to the delectable floral pancakes, this time.

"Zip up the back for me." Vixa would call out as she waltzed out of the bathroom, her back exposed as she held the expensive apparel against herself. It was a black, couture dress that exhibited wealth. Her crimson hair was bold against the dark fabric. "Hook the necklace laying on the top of the wardrobe around my neck, too." Ruslan spoiled Vixa. Anything she demanded, she got, lest he risks facing her wrath. Seeing her as she was now, nobody would have pegged her for a common barista. Adorned in the result of Ruslan's love, she was practically royalty. And when she glanced your way, her short stature didn't take away from her intimidating vibe. Only a madman could find her charming. As Ruslan drew closer to perform the task, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. The warmth of his breath contrasted his chilled fingers. "Don't be so nice to the paps tonight if they hound us. I can't have them thinking they can sneak candid shots for their own profit and indecent pleasures." In reality, Ruslan always had his poker face on in front of others. However, Vixa has the habit of incorrectly perceiving situations. Turning to face the man, she adjusted his outfit, staring up at him occasionally. "You're only mine, got that?" Her possessive nature might turn off most men, but it never appeared to dilute Ruslan's affection towards her.

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity [div class="Lines"][/div]

Ruslan

The red-haired entrepreneur was temporarily stunned by Vixa's entrance, his eyes glued to her. Stunning as always, he thought to himself, stepping forward and placing his fingers daintily over the zipper of her dress. Never had he seen a woman pull off one of his designs as well as Vixa, and as she naturally became accustomed to the outfit, he wondered how it was possible for someone like her to ever end up as a local barista. If he had met her a few years earlier, he was certain the old him would have attempted to recruit her as a model. Over the years, however, he has learned that he wanted her all to himself and letting others have even a glimpse of her was him being generous. It always warmed his heart when she wanted to wear his products, but it was these moments when he valued their relationship the most. He knew that she was able to turn every head in the room, but when he thought of how he was the only one she had any interest in; well, he wasn't able to help the slight red hue crossing over his face.

His large hands grabbed the necklace off the wardrobe, soon followed by Ruslan wrapping his arms around her neck. After hooking it on, he placed his lips against her back, his eyes closed. "I'll be on my best behavior," he commented, wrapping his arms around her waist and letting her turn to look up at him. "I will always be only yours." Placing the palm of his hand against her face, he cupped her cheek. "You're dazzling tonight," he whispered, leaning forward and touching his forehead to hers. Letting out a deep breath, he then backed away, holding out his hand. "Are we ready to go, then?"

As they made their way to the bottom floor of his penthouse, Ruslan began to speak on the details of their arrival. "I've already hired our personnel for tonight. A few guards have been placed around David's, but we're being personally accompanied by Evelyn and Berlin. You remember them, right? They took good care of us at that ballroom party we went to in France. They'll be near the front of the car, ready to serve us whenever need be." As the automatic glass doors of the lobby opened, the pair were met by a limousine that was three sizes too large to be considered suitable for only two people. Calling it a "car" was an understatement. Ruslan, however, always came through when the time came for him to flaunt his status. He wasn't going to allow the public to think that Vixa was anything less than perfect. It was his duty to ensure her a spectacular night. Opening the door for her, he held up his hand to the chauffeur. "We'll be fine, thank you."

As they prepared for the adventure, Ruslan scooted himself next to his date, rubbing his arm against hers. "Dominic and Monet will be joining us at the establishment." He intertwined his fingers with Vixa's, holding her hand. "Let's enjoy our night out, okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back